THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 08:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 30 August- 3 September 2010  (Read 135599 times)

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
Re: WCDT 30 August- 3 September 2010
« Reply #200 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:15 »

Wait, no, I know what'll happen.

Marten goes on his walk. Faye goes to talk to Dora. And, maybe involving Faye out-bitching Dora, explains what was going on. I think if anyone tells Dora to stop being an ass, it'll be Faye.

Then they hug and make up.

Which is when Marten walks in, pointing and yelling, "Oh, so it's fine when YOU do it?!"

And the circle will be complete.

I can see Marten getting the crap beaten outta him when a bunch of drunken yahoos sees the Hello Kitty Beltbuckle

Then Faye will get vengefully mad at Dora

Dora will blame herself and have a mental breakdown and wind up in the local loony bin

Hanners will blame both of them, snap and go on a homicidal rampage against Faye and Dora's families

Cosette and Steve take over Coffee of Doom
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #201 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:17 »

Heh.  When the comic features a sad silence and an ominous pause, the forum goes utterly nuts.

When Dora's a bitch and Marten responds by actually getting angry, so there actually is a fight to talk about, everyone calms down and goes back to being sensible.

I have a new theory:  You're all perfectly sane, YOU JUST LIKE FUCKING WITH JEPH.

Also:  Yay, finally we see a chink in Marten's nice-guy armour.  I think after nearly 1800 comics, he's earned the right to be an arsehole, just once.  The question is whether the story arc will follow his adventures on his walk, or whether it'll follow Faye and Dora back at the apartment.  I'm thinking hints of both... and I'll be every curious to see where either / both arcs lead.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

chelicious

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #202 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:19 »

Does it seem ominous to anyone else Marten has the 'Teh' shirt on? Are we coming full circle? And if so, to what?

That's a thought I've been having myself. Symbolic, in a way... he's now using the TEH shirt as pajamas, and it seems like the TEH shirt is always ominously on for relationship drama or the beginning of things...

Edit: Found more links. :P

« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2010, 00:39 by chelicious »

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #203 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:22 »

Does it seem ominous to anyone else Marten has the 'Teh' shirt on? Are we coming full circle? And if so, to what?

That's a great way of looking at it. To me it's more like a warning of importantly relevant shit coming our way.

Another way of looking at it is a metaphor for their relationship. The TEH shirt takes you back to QC's roots, taking you "back to Mecca" as it were. The roots, the foundation of any relationship have to be solid, and if there's a lack of trust, you're screwed, and not in the nice way. Maybe that's a stretch but that's how i see it.
Or he just happened to grab the TEH shirt to use as a pj shirt.  

I still have my ROTC Det shirt that I wear occasionally even though I graduated a few years ago, despite having had it since I was a freshman (man, seven years flew by just like that...).  Amazingly, despite the number of times its been washed, the colors have yet to start fading and the fabric is still as durable as it was when I first got the shirt.  It's the only shirt I've owned that's actually outlasted pairs of jeans (and jeans last frickin' FOREVER).
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

kaitco

• Emoticontraindication
    • DorienneSmith.com
« Reply #204 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:24 »

Why would Faye assume "this" was all her fault? That is not like Faye at all...

I am really excited to see where this goes. Like a couple others, I expect that Marten will find himself at a bar where there is self-discovery sitting on the next barstool, but I hope it turns out better than that.

The more I read the comments and re-read the past few comics, I wonder if perhaps there was something really happening on that sofa. I mean, the way Marten stammered in the second to last panel of 1740 tells me he was expecting the next thing to come out of Faye's mouth to be something earth-shattering. He was nervous about what was happening between them at that moment and that makes me wonder why. Maybe his anger is more at himself than at the situation? That Dora called him out on what was clearly a tender moment? That this time, perhaps she was not going mental over absolutely nothing?

Another question: Does anyone else find it eerily ironic that Jeph decided to bring back the old hairstyles and Marten's TEH shirt right around the time we get a glimpse of a Marten-Faye moment? It is like we are taking a long trip down memory lane where Marten is still pining after Faye.

westrim

« Reply #205 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:25 »

Personally, I'm expecting something (not sure what) but something to happen when he goes on his walk. I mean, maybe it's just a case of a walk being a walk, but why go through all of the effort of writing him having to wear Faye's clothes to go out on a walk for no real reason? Hmmmm...

The reason is he can't get into his own bedroom.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #206 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:26 »

Marten gets angry? Hm. Might have to look into that. We can't have our milquetoast hero growing a spine this far in, can we?
Curious how often people mistake anger for a backbone... I guess Marten's got those "Wandering The Streets In Girl's Pants With a Hello Kitty Belt-Buckle blues". Notoriously difficult to rhyme...
Truth, there. And rhyme, hell. Blues chorus don't need no rhyme. On the other hand, try singing that shit.

My baby done blown up
She flipped her top
She eat up with jealous
Is it ever gonna stop?

Or will I have the blues?
Yeaah, the Wand'ring Street Blues
Wearing girl-pants
An' a damn Kitty belt
And I ain't got no shoes.

She think I am cheatin'
Won't give me no chance
Kicked me out of the bed
And the room where I keep my pants

Yeah, I have the blues
Yeaah, the Wand'ring Street Blues
Wearing girl-pants
An' a damn Kitty belt
And I ain't got no shoes.

There's more, but I will have mercy…this time.

GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Sapnish

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #207 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:27 »

That's a thought I've been having myself. Symbolic, in a way... he's now using the TEH shirt as pajamas, and it seems like the TEH shirt is always ominously on for relationship drama or the beginning of things...

OR Jeph just felt like drawing Marten wearing the TEH shirt because he hadn't worn it in a while. It looks as if Marten's been wearing that shirt all day, since #1727 (even though it's bright blue in the first panel, it changes to the pale/greyish blue of the TEH shirt in the last and carries thru to the next strip.

I dunno about you all, but I generally wear the same shirt to bed that I was wearing during the day.
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2010, 00:35 by Sapnish »

Heranje

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #208 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:28 »

Personally, I'm expecting something (not sure what) but something to happen when he goes on his walk. I mean, maybe it's just a case of a walk being a walk, but why go through all of the effort of writing him having to wear Faye's clothes to go out on a walk for no real reason? Hmmmm...
Punchline.

Tergon

« Reply #209 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:36 »

OR Jeph just felt like drawing Marten wearing the TEH shirt because he hadn't worn it in a while.

I dunno about you all, but I generally wear the same shirt to bed that I was wearing during the day.

Man, I stopped with the pyjamas when I left my parent's house after high school.  Maybe it's just me?  But I mean, at least on this side of the planet (the correct, Australian half), half the year it's so damn hot you're insane if you consider going to bed with clothes on.  And the other half of the year I just throw a thicker blanket on the bed.  I'll chuck on a t-shirt, and I have baggy pants to wear when I'm freshly out of bed, or lounging around the house after a shower but before I go to sleep, but when I'm in bed, they come off.

Seriously.  People talk about what they're wearing in bed, and I'm just all, "...wearing?"

chelicious

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #210 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:42 »

Edit: Found more links. :P

Quote from: Sapnish

That's also a valid point... I do the same thing.
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2010, 00:44 by chelicious »

Sapnish

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #211 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:45 »

Great, now I'm highly distracted by the mental image of Tergon sleeping naked.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #212 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:46 »

Y'know, I used to be in the "Marten's a wimp/milquetoast/spineless" crowd, but after reading through the archives and seeing several instances where he DID stand up for himself, including clobbering a fake monk with a frying pan AND arguing with Dora over the whole Faye banging Sven thing, I've come to realize, he's just laid back. A true milquetoast NEVER gets angry, NEVER stands up for himself, NEVER argues with his significant other. He justs soaks up abuse. And really, would we care for Marten so much if he were a real whimp?

Nah, I think Marten realizes that if he marches into their bedroom being all confrontational, with both of them being as pissed as they are, things will just get worse. As it stands right now, this can still be fixed with some heartfelt apologies at least on Dora's side. But Marten goes in there with Dora still in a mood, having had no chance to cool off, they could start screaming at each other, saying and possibly doing things that CAN'T be apologized for, and then things will really go to hell. Can you imagine the predicament Faye will be in if that happens, if Marten and Dora break up over this? Can you imagine how horrible she'll feel? She ALREADY feels bad as it is! And her job may be on the line, she may have to quit even if Dora doesn't fire her, the work environment could end up being that tense. And of course her friendship with Dora would be over.

And Marten would be totally out in the cold, no Dora and no Faye either, except as a friend. He couldn't set foot in CoD anymore...it would just be a total mess.
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

LeGrande

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #213 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:49 »

This may be the first time I've stayed up so I could see the next comic early. I'm just sad that right now Jeph can't update twice a day.

Relationships come and go, but true friends are forever. Dora needs to remember that.

Dora has a tendency to "shanghai" her friends: that's how she started dating Marten, and it's how Penelope began working at CoD.

Marten, on the other hand, gets action just by being Marten. Faye makes the first verbal move to Marten, Dora practically forces herself on him, Hanners was stalking him, Cosette tried to flirt with him ... damn, now I'm jealous.

Back to the point: Without Marten, Dora becomes a very distant secondary character, and starts walking the Raven-trail to the brink of the mouth of the Allosaurus.

Tergon

« Reply #214 on: 01 Sep 2010, 00:52 »

Ooh, how are you imagining it?  Like, a four-poster with silk sheets?  That would be AWESOME.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #215 on: 01 Sep 2010, 01:00 »

Eh, Marten doesn't get nearly as much action as you may think. Faye may have started talking to him, but nothing romantic came of it, mainly due to her issues; Dora waited months to make a move on him until she was sure Faye wasn't going to do so; Hannelore had her own issues that made her undateable, at least at the time she introduced herself; and Cosette was simply too late-Dora got there first and didn't hesitate to "defend" her claim.
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #216 on: 01 Sep 2010, 01:25 »

Ooh, how are you imagining it?  Like, a four-poster with silk sheets?  That would be AWESOME.
Handcuffs.  Leather whips.  Lots of blood.

Kazukagii

• Furry furrier
  • I seem to be lost
« Reply #217 on: 01 Sep 2010, 01:36 »

A few notes:

1. I don't feel like slogging through thousands of back comics to see if Martin was ever explicitly mad in front of others before, but from memory I don't think he ever has been.
2. Having said that, I'm glad and think Martin's anger is fully justified here. I'm too lazy to quote (it's late here shut up) but somebody pointed out that Martin has NEVER done anything to be unfaithful. Dora has insecurities, I get it, but a line eventually needs to be drawn. Dora walked over that line, then began sprinting past it after kicking out Martin and letting it affect Faye's job. She better reconsider this soon, cause' my sympathy for her is spiraling down the drain.
3. So Martin is now wearing Faye's pants? This... might not end so well
4. Martin is going to bump into somebody during this walk. Who? Why? What will happen? I'm not sure, but I'd like to point out that Marin is pissed and not thinking straight. Who knows what he might say... or do.
5. Back to Martin's anger, I agree with the above poster who said they wanted him to retain this anger when he confronts Dora. Martin needs to lay down a firm "You are out of line" on Dora" but I'm afraid he'll wimp out.

Alright, I'm done. No more wall of text.
I had something witty to put down here but.....

Mojo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #218 on: 01 Sep 2010, 01:41 »

Marten, on the other hand, gets action just by being Marten. Faye makes the first verbal move to Marten, Dora practically forces herself on him, Hanners was stalking him, Cosette tried to flirt with him ... damn, now I'm jealous.

Back to the point: Without Marten, Dora becomes a very distant secondary character, and starts walking the Raven-trail to the brink of the mouth of the Allosaurus.

Actually this sounds a lot like MY life.  Except that the girls hitting on me tend to be 20 years younger than me.  I mean, that's the devil's dilemma.

nicoley

• Not quite a lurker
    • myspace
« Reply #219 on: 01 Sep 2010, 02:29 »

Marten's anger was definitely justified here. I don't like Dora and haven't ever since she snatched up marten, but I have a small urge to defend her just because i can see myself reacting in the same sort of way... my boyfriend has a friend who is a girl that he used to like before we started dating. I know he'll never cheat on me and she (like faye) isn't the type of girl to try anything behind my back. I don't get freaky and psycho when they hang out, but it's natural for a girl to get a little paranoid sometimes when these 2 people who used to have feelings for each other are still friends, and I can't imagine waking up and seeing them hugging in their underwear. But at the same time, marten and faye have been friends long before Dora came to be Marten's girlfriend, and it was Dora's idea to move in to THEIR apartment. And telling Faye to not come to work, totally uncalled for and unprofessional. So I can see where Dora can be upset, but like lots of others have said I'm getting sick of her paranoid jealousy bullshit.

onearmedbandit2k

« Reply #220 on: 01 Sep 2010, 02:33 »

Prediction: on his walk marten runs into vespa girl (or whatever her name was) who has recently escaped from prison!

Ravenswing

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Iconoclast
    • Apotheosis of the Invisible City
« Reply #221 on: 01 Sep 2010, 02:52 »

Why the hell do you keep writing in yellow?
Because one has the option to write in different colors and it's hard to read off-white on light brown.  

If you've got so much juice in you that you go ape when someone writes in a different color than you do, I recommend doing something productive with it.  I bet there's a soup kitchen or other charity in your area that needs extra volunteer help.

it's natural for a girl to get a little paranoid sometimes when these 2 people who used to have feelings for each other are still friends
It's common, sure, and Dora can't help her feelings.

Like every other paranoid, jealous type, though, she can control her ACTIONS.
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2010, 02:54 by Ravenswing »
It's not that I don't understand what you're saying.  It's that I don't AGREE with what you're saying.

sterlingdragon

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #222 on: 01 Sep 2010, 02:59 »

Idiots. I know what will TRULY happen.
Marten walks into the bar, to have a drink, and finds Steve there, with Cosette, having a funtimes drink.
When Marty explains the situation, Cosette is like 'I don't see any way I can contribute to the conversation, I'll leave you two alone', and we're left with Marten and Steve complaining about life, and being Snarky.
UNTIL...
a new character walks by, and Marty checks out her bottom. Steve tells him he should professionally ogle indie chicks, and then New Girl, let's call her Melinda or some shit, talks to Marten about why indie boys never work up the courage to talk to indie girls, and introduces herself, while Marten stammers.
Melinda and Marten sneak into Marty's room(Marten is too drunk to remember Dora), and get to the sexings, and then Dora wakes up and is like 'Raeg' and gets kicked out of the apartment.

Also, I'm still rolling with the Angus is Faye's father from the past idea. Also, let's say that he's also the scientist what made Hanners, the thus-far unactivated Human-killing Cyborg. Why not activated? Because a malfunction was involved that caused her to not kill Humans, but Tapirs. This also causes an irrational fear of Tapirs.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #223 on: 01 Sep 2010, 03:27 »

Heh.  When the comic features a sad silence and an ominous pause, the forum goes utterly nuts.

When Dora's a bitch and Marten responds by actually getting angry, so there actually is a fight to talk about, everyone calms down and goes back to being sensible.

I have a new theory:  You're all perfectly sane, YOU JUST LIKE FUCKING WITH JEPH.

This might actually be the most plausible theory I've seen thus far.
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #224 on: 01 Sep 2010, 03:37 »

Tergon, I stand with you, but I still can't bring myself to touch the dick broom, sorry.
Tergon's name reminds me of the word "turgid", so your comment "I stand with you" just seems really, really wrong to me.  Nevermind the mention of the dick broom!

To give an alternate perspective: Faye is freaking out and knows she needs to talk to someone. Faye knocks on the door belonging to both Marten and Dora knowing one, the other, or both will help her. Marten awakens by the knock, sleepily opens it, and sees Faye in full panic mode. Faye asks him to talk to her, he immediately says yes, and goes out to talk (in the living room, not Faye's room).
No way - she specifically went looking for Marten.  He's her best friend after all, and vice versa.

OK, now I've had time to think about this more, I think we're reading this wrong. Dora isn't so much scared of what it looks like as what it is. "Emotional cheating," anyone? Dora wanted Marten to move in with her; but instead he convinced her to move in with him & his not-quite-gf Faye. He keeps strong emotional ties to Faye. Faye is in a sense like the older wife in his harem. What Dora sees now isn't silly sexy time, it's heavy emotional stuff, & that gets Dora in the heart.
I hear what you're saying... and at first, I agreed.  But then I disagreed, and had a whole argument ready.  But now I think I agree with you again.  The only thing that keeps me from calling it "cheating" is that he had this relationship with Faye before he and Dora started dating.  It's not like he realized something was emotionally missing from his relationship with Dora and then he went to fill that void.  Other than that piece of semantics, though, you do have a point.  Marten has a problem on his hands - it's virtually impossible to keep both of these emotional relationships going at this level.  At some point, his emotional connection with Faye MUST change if his emotional relationship with Dora is going to grow past a certain point, and it's got to be his emotional connection to Dora that gets him there. 

Oh come on now.  There's no such thing as Iowa.
This is such a coincidence!  I tell anyone who will listen that there's no such thing as North Dakota!!  Weird.
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #225 on: 01 Sep 2010, 04:10 »

Heh.  When the comic features a sad silence and an ominous pause, the forum goes utterly nuts.

I have a new theory:  You're all perfectly sane, YOU JUST LIKE FUCKING WITH JEPH.

Stop that. You know very well we're all crazy as hell.

Note to self: Never invite Tergon to sleepovers.

See, Tergon? She's not imagining you sleeping—she's imagining swiping your shirt while you're not using it. 'Cause Sapnish needs moar shirts.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

numbvox

• Plantmonster
  • Elmo is gay.
« Reply #226 on: 01 Sep 2010, 04:54 »

*ahem*

Wow, so Marten finally got into Faye's pants eh?

....now that that joke is out of the way, you may return to your legitimate comic discussion.

Tergon

« Reply #227 on: 01 Sep 2010, 05:00 »

The way I see it is, I got people to picture me lounging naked on a bed, so I win.  And I get double-super bonus points if I'm spooning up against The Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks in your mental image.

Also I have heard rumours of North Dakota, but I lack proof that it exists.  Personally I think that all you Yanks lie... no sensible country could have more than fifty states.  There's probably really only, like, three.  Four on leap years.

dwag3

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #228 on: 01 Sep 2010, 05:08 »

VESPAVENGER RETURNS???

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #229 on: 01 Sep 2010, 05:29 »

Far more mundane, Marten goes for his walk and returns after an uneventful stroll prepared to discuss his dislike of Dora's jealousy with her in a calm manner (the anger is still there, have no fear). 

Dora's unable to sleep, and after this confrontation with Marten is able to recognize that she may need to change her ways.

In an effort to not make things worse in the morning Faye heads to the gym, meeting Pennelope and the two get in a good workout.  Penn while at work that day mention s that Dora might want to talk things over with Faye.

Things are a little tense, but the friendship and relationships are still there.

Then Pintsize posts the video to the robot file sharing site......
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Pardona

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #230 on: 01 Sep 2010, 05:40 »

Prediction: on his walk marten runs into vespa girl (or whatever her name was) who has recently escaped from prison!

She never was in prison - she got employed by the government.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #231 on: 01 Sep 2010, 05:43 »

The way I see it is, I got people to picture me lounging naked on a bed, so I win.  And I get double-super bonus points if I'm spooning up against The Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks in your mental image.

Also I have heard rumours of North Dakota, but I lack proof that it exists.  Personally I think that all you Yanks lie... no sensible country could have more than fifty states.  There's probably really only, like, three.  Four on leap years.

If I pictured the Dick-Broom leaning uselessly against the wall next to the bed, what does that mean?
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Tergon

« Reply #232 on: 01 Sep 2010, 05:51 »

If I pictured the Dick-Broom leaning uselessly against the wall next to the bed, what does that mean?

I think it means you want to sleep with your mother.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #233 on: 01 Sep 2010, 06:03 »

This, gentlemen, is the reason why you should NEVER be less than three feet from your pants at any time.

This could get worse.

Imagine attempted helpful intervention from Pintsize.

You know something, I had the same, bizarre, horrible thought.

Except this time, Pintsize actually DID help.

[speculativethought]  Dora's pregnant [/speculativethought]
Should this be true, you win the Internets.

Because one has the option to write in different colors and it's hard to read off-white on light brown. 

Off white on light brown? Huh? What skin for the forum are you using?
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2010, 06:50 by jwhouk »
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

westrim

« Reply #234 on: 01 Sep 2010, 07:26 »

Bullshit snarking to deflect.[/color

Okay, #1 you can change the board style in profile settings, #2 its damn annoying when you're the only one using it, not useful. I've seen it in the past and finally asked, because it's incredibly garish and crying for attention (like your attempted witticism.)

vettechinohio

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #235 on: 01 Sep 2010, 07:34 »

Here's hoping that Marten will run into Angus, who is so high from the excitement of his date that he couldn't sleep and went for a late night stroll. We know from at least one previous situation that he is prone to late night walks when emotionally agitated. Stands to reason he may do it from excitement as well as angst. I dread what Angus will think if he goes into the shop tomorrow and gets an earful from Dora without an explanation from either Marten or Faye first...

P.S. Jeph please make it tomorrow soon, you're killing me here!
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #236 on: 01 Sep 2010, 07:42 »

We've witnessed the birth of a brand new meme, right before your very eyes.

Wow! My poor, empty life at last has meaning! I can tell my grandchildren I Was There at the birth of the dickbroom meme! :laugh:
Irresponsible Adult GOM

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #237 on: 01 Sep 2010, 07:50 »

and finally asked, because it's incredibly garish and crying for attention (like your attempted witticism.)

Or maybe he just likes that color. Sometimes the answer is the easiest one hmmmmm...?

Blackcat Moebius

• Plantmonster
  • No mushrooms.
« Reply #238 on: 01 Sep 2010, 09:10 »

I just realized - a few strips ago, Faye turned down Angus' suggestion to "come in" (ahem).... on the grounds that she had to work in the morning.  Ironic, that.

Sapnish

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #239 on: 01 Sep 2010, 09:23 »

See, Tergon? She's not imagining you sleeping—she's imagining swiping your shirt while you're not using it. 'Cause Sapnish needs moar shirts.
It's an addiction. I've tried Shirtaholics Anonymous, but I just end up jumping people after the meetings and stealing their delicious, delicious t-shirts.

The way I see it is, I got people to picture me lounging naked on a bed, so I win.  And I get double-super bonus points if I'm spooning up against The Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks in your mental image.
You totally were.
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2010, 09:36 by Sapnish »

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #240 on: 01 Sep 2010, 09:40 »

*ahem*

Ba-dum-bump!

Despite knowing you aren't Gene Wilder, I picture you as your avatar, so . . . wearing the Willy Wonka hat but otherwise naked under flashing red lights with a crazed expression, possibly singing ("there's no telling where we're going . . ."), on rubber sheets with wrists and ankles chained to the four posts.  The dickbroom has fallen to the floor, its tips bloodied from all the sweeping.  Someone is pounding at the door, but you are alone, staring up into the camera's eye.

>_>

I don't sleep naked, mainly because I know myself well enough to realize that if the house were on fire I would still (stupidly) take the time to put something on before heading outside, and I'd rather not waste precious seconds covering up when my life is on the line.  Hopefully I'll never have to vacate a burning house, but hey, you never know.  I don't wear the same shirt I did during the day, though, because I am inherently klutzy/sloppy and most shirts by the end of my day will have acquired foodstuffs of some kind upon them.  -_-
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #241 on: 01 Sep 2010, 09:44 »

Did your mother tell you to wear clean underpants in case you were run over by a bus  (and for no other reason)?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #242 on: 01 Sep 2010, 09:48 »

Did your mother tell you to wear clean underpants in case you were run over by a bus  (and for no other reason)?

LOL -- if she had, it wouldn't matter.  Those undies wouldn't be clean anymore if I'd gotten run over by a bus.  No, it's mainly the I'd-rather-not-be-naked-in-front-of-people-even-if-my-house-is-burning-down kind of irrational fear.  As fears go, it's not very debilitating.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #243 on: 01 Sep 2010, 09:54 »

It also screams "PAY ATTENTION TO ME". If you don't like the white-on-grey theme, SimpleMachines' default black-on-white theme is still installed. (Profile -> Look and Layout Preferences -> Change)

(It's pretty obnoxious, man.)

tomart

• Curry sauce
« Reply #244 on: 01 Sep 2010, 10:26 »

who is Dora really hurting if she pushes Marten and Faye away? If they really are rekindling their romance, won't that accelerate the process?

I agree, again, with another of your perceptive and thoughtful analyses, except for the above point.  Finally, for the first time in like forever, Faye seems to actually be in a real heterorelationship with a 'normal' guy who's well known for being persistent.  Despite all of Marten's past feelings for Faye, Dora knows that for the first time, Faye is not available to Marten: no one is more loyal, and he wouldn't hurt Angus by going after Faye right after she confided to him her excitement about her new, real Significant Other.   So I agree with the Pre-emptive Strike theory.
Irresponsible Adult GOM

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #245 on: 01 Sep 2010, 10:33 »

Actually it was "In case I was in an accident."  To quote Bill Cosby - "I thought that's what an accident was!"
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

tomart

• Curry sauce
« Reply #246 on: 01 Sep 2010, 11:53 »

. . .  I have been waiting 1700 strips for this ! ! ! . . .
Irresponsible Adult GOM

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #247 on: 01 Sep 2010, 11:54 »

yep...but thats a story for a different day. :-P
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

CEOIII

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #248 on: 01 Sep 2010, 13:37 »

I just realized - a few strips ago, Faye turned down Angus' suggestion to "come in" (ahem).... on the grounds that she had to work in the morning.  Ironic, that.

Maybe not ironic. Maybe Dora's in her room right now, on her cellphone to Angus, telling him to call Faye. SNEAKY PLAN #2.
Between HannErsatz and PseuDora, I crown you the king of doppelganger names.
ALL HAIL THE KING OF DOPPLEGANGER NAMES!
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #249 on: 01 Sep 2010, 14:10 »

If that were the case, Dora could have just told Faye to take the day after her date off so she would be free to let the night go on if she so choose.

Dora is not trying to help Faye with Angus.

The wormy brain part of her personality saw something that set her off, and she reacted accordingly.

Dora should be regarded as a wounded animal, she is capable of anything right now.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up