• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The Moment Of The Week

Marten's Got A New Belt!
- 8 (13.3%)
Proposition Avoidance Countermeasures (and Sven the Assistant)
- 4 (6.7%)
Hannelore Channels The Old Ones
- 7 (11.7%)
Hannelore Asks Sven Out!
- 20 (33.3%)
DORA is an eldritch horror from beyond time and space!
- 9 (15%)
FONT CHANGE!
- 5 (8.3%)
SPEECH BUBBLE CHANGE!
- 1 (1.7%)
The WORST POSSIBLE GUY... "I'll do it."
- 1 (1.7%)
You have to trust me!
- 1 (1.7%)
If he could get FAYE to put out for him...
- 2 (3.3%)
If she throws herself at him...
- 2 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 13-17 Sept 2010 (1751-1755)  (Read 105116 times)

badbum61

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • I'm going to eight, baby!
Re: WCDT: 13-17 Sept 2010
« Reply #100 on: 14 Sep 2010, 23:25 »

I'm not sure that's an apostrophe in the 4th word. The "j'j" would almost have to be "s's" which, unless it's an odd possessive, doesn't make too much more sense.  _ _ s's? Gus's? Wes's? DOS's? The apostrophe would almost have to be another letter, and there is an abnormally diverse selection of letters as it is.

You're assuming it's English....Ancient R'lyehanese does not follow the same grammatical rules.
What the hell are YOU staring at?

Mojo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #101 on: 14 Sep 2010, 23:40 »

It's tongues.  However, that's not Hanners' usual response to Sven-passes...

(I'm forced to wonder, what if Raven had gone through this...)

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #102 on: 14 Sep 2010, 23:58 »

I'm amused by the discussion, given the mini-debate that started last week about the correct spelling of The Dark One's name and how many apostrophes it ought to have.  The more things change, the more they stay the same...

I'm also interested to see how many people want to translate what Hannelore said.  I mean, yes, I give Jeph lots of credit, but do we have any real reason to assume that the contents of Hannelore's drippy speech-bubble actually have meaning, as opposed to just being pretty scribbles?  It doesn't necessarily have to be a super-secret code of some kind.  It could just be... stuff.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #103 on: 15 Sep 2010, 00:22 »

I think it might be written in Linear A.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.
« Reply #104 on: 15 Sep 2010, 01:00 »

...C-can it be? Hannelore...is the Old Father's anointed messenger?! Shall she wake the Dreamer?! ARE THE STARS RIGHT AT LAST?!? :-o I...I have to get everything ready! This is not how the Necronomicon said He would return!

DAMN YOU, ELLICOTT-CHATHAM! DO NOT CALL UP THAT WHICH YE CANNOT PUT DOWN!!

Fuckin' pain in the ass.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #105 on: 15 Sep 2010, 01:30 »

It doesn't necessarily have to be a super-secret code of some kind.  It could just be... stuff.

Just like The Voynich Manuscript  :-P

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #106 on: 15 Sep 2010, 03:53 »

Looks more like one of the warnings of a Zalgo appearance to me (usually done by people mocking CAD).

« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2010, 04:38 by Odin »

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #107 on: 15 Sep 2010, 04:30 »

I'm buying Tergon's option - Jeph made some random scribbles and is now at home laughing his ass off at the shenanigans
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #108 on: 15 Sep 2010, 04:36 »

It's possible that Jeph typoed, and it should read "I WANT TO FILL YOUR SCROTUM WITH SPIDERS AND BROKEN GLASS!" That's my theory anyways.
Well, your theory fits quite well, and if one assumes that the + symbol in the second word and the little strokes in the fourth and sixth words are the sort of tone-marks, glottal clicks, random apostrophes etc. so often seen in the Black Speech :roll:, then: "i wa-nt to fil-l your scrot-um with spiders and brUoken glass!" is quite consistent, and just the sort of thing an entity from the outer planes would say. The U in broken is quite inexplicable, but our insignificant mortal intellects are not meant to comprehend these things. Certainly frequency-analysis would make little impression on so cryptic an utterance.

So either Hanners is possessed or something, or she's taken the useful "avoid an awkward situation by pretending not to speak English" ploy to a whole new level...

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #109 on: 15 Sep 2010, 05:15 »

I hear it as one of those electronically modified sub-bass rumbles when she speaks.  Like the beginning words of Iron Man (the song), only deeper.  Add some glottiality (?) and saliva, and by george, I think you've got it!
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

steveh11

• Plantmonster
    • steveh11's story page
« Reply #110 on: 15 Sep 2010, 05:24 »

I'm buying Tergon's option - Jeph made some random scribbles and is now at home laughing his ass off at the shenanigans
Dunno about the first part, but I'm positive that Jeph will be laughing his arse off on reading this lot!
"Nature always obeys Her own Laws" - Leonardo da Vinci

Llewellian

• Furry furrier
  • Kraut ;o)
« Reply #111 on: 15 Sep 2010, 05:38 »

If this comic would be a video, it needs Hanners uttering that sentence in a "Bene Gesserit Voice" Style.

9 out of 10 voices in my head tell me that i am not mad. The 10th hums the Tetris Tune.

numbvox

• Plantmonster
  • Elmo is gay.
« Reply #112 on: 15 Sep 2010, 06:01 »

I seriously think you guys are WAY over-estimating the depth of Jeph's writing....  This is a 'slice of life' webcomic, not the new series from the creators of Lost.

Arancaytar

• Curry sauce
« Reply #113 on: 15 Sep 2010, 06:03 »

I'm sure Hanners reply is gobbledy-gook, but in case it's actually English here it is in crypto-quote form:

a bcdef fg hij'j kglm
nomgfplq bifr nsatumn
cet vmwgxue yjcnn!

As best as I could make it out, anyway. You may want to double check it. I started with "a" and moved to the next letter of the alphabet whenever I encountered a new symbol. I made it as far as "y".

I did the same and got

A BCDEF FG HAI'I JGKL
MNLGFKO BAFP MQARSLM
CER TLUGVSE WICMM!

The only two differences are that I treated the second letter of the fourth word as identical to the first (which I'm pretty sure it is), and ignored the little dash mark in the sixth word (which I'm not so sure about).

In any case, if it's ordinary English then the first word is almost certainly "I" - or, less probably, "A".

But I have no idea about the "I'I" either. I can't think of any contraction in English that has the same letter on both sides of an apostrophe. Maybe that is really just a typo.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #114 on: 15 Sep 2010, 06:27 »

I cant help but think that Jeph is trying to mislead us with
Really hope Hanners is kidding in panel four.

Ok, thinking about it, I'll probably get the Captain Obvious Cap for that comment. Jeph routinely misleads us - doesnt he ?
Carpe Diem

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #115 on: 15 Sep 2010, 06:37 »

It's gotta be Lovecraftian language. I mean, do a Google search on Fhtagn and you get hit after hit referring to C'thulu.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

douggerel

• Plantmonster
« Reply #116 on: 15 Sep 2010, 07:09 »

Awesome. This comic made my morning.

tut21

• Plantmonster
« Reply #117 on: 15 Sep 2010, 07:12 »

All your i's should be a's.

And I'm not sure that's an apostrophe in the 4th word. The "j'j" would almost have to be "s's" which, unless it's an odd possessive, doesn't make too much more sense.

Oops. Nice catch. And yes, I didn't know what to make of that possessive either. You're probably right.

Okay, I ran out of patience, and plugged it into a few cryptogram solvers on the web, and the closest it got to making sense was "I WAJNT TO BILL YOUR SQROTVUX WITH SPIDERS AND ZRMOCEN GLASS!"

It's possible that Jeph typoed, and it should read "I WANT TO FILL YOUR SCROTUM WITH SPIDERS AND BROKEN GLASS!"

Hah! You got farther with cryptogram solvers than I did. "Spiders and broken glass" looks right to me. I kept thinking that last word was "SMALL" and Jeph was going for a dick joke.

Anyway, I know absolutely nothing about Lovecraftian speech so I'll defer to the experts.

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #118 on: 15 Sep 2010, 07:30 »

And then despite the best efforts of her father, the Old God that was sealed inside his daughter so many years ago upon the space station, is freed and rips apart all of reality.

The end.

Mystik738

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #119 on: 15 Sep 2010, 07:48 »

I'm surprised with as many anime fans there are that you guys don't recognize Japanese hiragana/katakana when you see it. I can't make out all the characters, but there's definitely mo's to's ad ru's in there

Fen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Pregrinating flâneur
    • Blog!
« Reply #120 on: 15 Sep 2010, 07:56 »

It's not hiragana. Has a few hiragana symbols, sure, but they're either there for the lulz, or an extreme caligraphic version(given the fact that japanese handwriting is sh*t most non-japanese people can't understand anything). And a few look nothing like a character.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #121 on: 15 Sep 2010, 08:30 »

But I have no idea about the "I'I" either. I can't think of any contraction in English that has the same letter on both sides of an apostrophe. Maybe that is really just a typo.
Then, if we are to continue this way and assume it's English, we have to consider the hypothesis that it's not an apostrophe, but a letter.
But the more this advances, the more I'm in the impression that it's gibberish.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #122 on: 15 Sep 2010, 09:03 »

Raoullefere have you considered a career in construction?
I'm not sure I follow that. Anyway, no.

The walls.  He's saying you make a lot of text-walls, hence, construction.

The frog is dead.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #123 on: 15 Sep 2010, 09:08 »

I'm going with the 'fill your scrotum with spiders and broken glass' theory.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

tut21

• Plantmonster
« Reply #124 on: 15 Sep 2010, 09:18 »

Looks like you're right.

Nice job, BunnyThor.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
  • This is my personal text. Not yours!
« Reply #125 on: 15 Sep 2010, 09:41 »

It holds up pretty good IMHO. Look at them side by side:

A BCDEF FG HAI'I JGKL
MNLGFKO BAFP MQARSLM
CER TLUGVSE WICMM!

I WA*NT TO FIL'L YOUR
SCROTUM WITH SPIDERS
AND BR*OKEN GLASS!

If it was meant to be typed as gibberish, the chances of it being so close to correlating to an actual English sentence are very very low. Especially one that would be an apt and funny response to a male customer asking you out.

And the leftover letters are J,Q, V, X, and Z.

Go ahead and shuffle them around if you like. Here's a good site to do that: http://www.esg.montana.edu/meg/consbio/cryptogram/crypto.html

(Alternately, if anyone has the original font, they should try to type what Hanners said and see what keys were used. I think someone called it "Linear A".)

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #126 on: 15 Sep 2010, 09:45 »

Great. Pulling Lovecraft into the mix is all we need.

Probably want to change that ultimate ending though. Instead of "Everybody fucks everyone," it should be "Everybody goes hopelessly insane. And then fucks everyone. Insanely."

Raoullefere have you considered a career in construction?
I'm not sure I follow that. Anyway, no.

The walls.  He's saying you make a lot of text-walls, hence, construction.

The frog is dead.
I tend to be anura-morte on Tuesday nights.

Now, someone correct my non-existent Latin
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #127 on: 15 Sep 2010, 10:22 »

You're all missing the boat here.

Hanners is not reacting to Sven, she's just trying to spread the Good News...

L͍̘̩͈̯͍͋̋͌͋͞ơ̽͂̎͗̒̄ò̴̺̣̻̎k͙̣̻̣ṣ̠̩̗͒͂͛͋ͭ̋̾ ̩͇̆͢l͔̣̱ͪi̧ͬ̾̂͆̒̃̚k̦̤ͯ̽e̘̯͉̩͇͉͂̽͐ ̦̪̘̟̽̒ͬ̏H̴̜̜͓̟͍̲é̖͎ͫ̓͋̕ ̣̗͚̬͔̮̐̀̃̉i̝̩͓ͧ̑̀ͅs̼̺̯̘ͪ͐̈͌̑̊̊ ͐̆̓͌̿ͥC̸̮ͨ͆ͧͭͅo͙̮̻͔̠͂͗̋̋̍͘m̛̋̈̊ͩ͐̒̐i̫̤̥̓̍̔̊n̙͙̱͙̙͒̅́͡g̪̦̲̣͖̦̜̿́̀!͍͑̆̃̅̄ͩ̕
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #128 on: 15 Sep 2010, 11:37 »

Looks like you're right.

Nice job, BunnyThor.

Ha!  Nice!   :-D  Of course, just because Jeph did intentionally use Lovecraftian speech doesn't mean he isn't laughing maniacally.  Say, there doesn't happen to be a large white stone in town, does there?  One that's hard to look at for some reason, maybe surrounded by a pit filled with half-buried bones . . .

Very funny strip today, and again the expressions really make it.   8-)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #129 on: 15 Sep 2010, 12:48 »

Jeph, out of respect for Chinese culture, and Akima, who's defending it, are both trying to draw attention away from Hannelore's speech being written in characters of the secret Chinese language, the one it's illegal to show to foreigners.

Hannelore may have learned it when her father intercepted and decrypted transmissions from the taikonauts in orbit with him.

There is of course no dictionary for the secret orthography. The Chinese deny its existence when talking with people they don't trust. But you notice that as part of China's influence on Japanese culture that some characters of the secret language made it into hiragana.

Some inscriptions in the secret language were seized by the British during the Opium Wars, and brought to Northampton by a British sea captain who settled there. No doubt this is where Jeph learned it.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #130 on: 15 Sep 2010, 15:48 »

(Alternately, if anyone has the original font, they should try to type what Hanners said and see what keys were used. I think someone called it "Linear A".)
I don't know if I'm dissecting the frog here, but Linear A is a real, as yet unreadable, ancient Minoan writing system.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #131 on: 15 Sep 2010, 17:55 »

Reminds me of the glyphs from Wapsi Square. Being a glyph reader myself, I can translate:

"I can't do that with someone who fucks his sister's friends."
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

TheHappyBerry

• Plantmonster
« Reply #132 on: 15 Sep 2010, 20:57 »

Go ahead and shuffle them around if you like. Here's a good site to do that: http://www.esg.montana.edu/meg/consbio/cryptogram/crypto.html

4.5 years at that school, and only now do I found out they have that deep in the recesses of their website....the things you learn after graduation

And congratulations and thank you to those of you that figured it out.  I know I never would have, but now that seems like a phrase I need to remember.

Merrick

• Larger than most fish
  • Officially Awesome
« Reply #133 on: 15 Sep 2010, 23:17 »

Good LORD what has Hanners done.

I'm not sure I WANT that translated.
I am in desperate need of a life and common sense.

Quintessentially British.

Moxie

• Furry furrier
  • Shinier than thou
« Reply #134 on: 15 Sep 2010, 23:26 »

Maybe Dora's head will explode...

I hope Hanners does it. Maybe a non-romantic date between Sven and a DoraFriend will finally be whatever Dora needs to get over her issues.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #135 on: 15 Sep 2010, 23:28 »

Yay Hanners gettin' all brave and shit...

And could someone please lower the control rods in Dora's brain reactor? She's about to go critical.

Also, if Dora's massive nuclear incident doesn't render half of New England uninhabitable, as soon as Faye finds out, she's gonna force choke the son-of-a-bitch before anybody has time to explain!
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2010, 23:37 by akronnick »
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #136 on: 15 Sep 2010, 23:35 »

Dora AAANNNNNNNGRRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #137 on: 15 Sep 2010, 23:35 »

Hannerdad figured she needed a trainer boyfriend. He probably didn't have someone like Sven in mind.

Marten would be exactly the person Hanners needs for a practice date.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Promethean Sky

• Plantmonster
« Reply #138 on: 15 Sep 2010, 23:35 »

Hannelore already proved to be immune to Sven's seduce-o-ray; maybe she is under the protection of some horrible eldritch entity that owes her mom a favour.

And now that Sven's tried it more than once, it's starting to get annoyed...
Today's strip seems to completely in line with that theory.
Well I thought it was funny.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #139 on: 15 Sep 2010, 23:36 »

love the black glow...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Steve the Pocket

• Emoticontraindication
  • Nyoro~n is the new desu
« Reply #140 on: 15 Sep 2010, 23:41 »

My favorite part: The fact that the art in this comic is generally so subdued and realistic, and yet this is the lengths Jeph has to go to top himself in expressing seething inner rage.

So who's gonna try to decipher Dora's line? ;)

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #141 on: 15 Sep 2010, 23:43 »

.....And then we find pintsize reading a pornonomicon.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #142 on: 15 Sep 2010, 23:47 »

Wow. This goes way beyond the No look (tried to look up the strip, but I couldn't find it). Sven better run. Fast and far.

Whoever said Sven should just go ahead and go out with Hanners doesn't understand that after Faye, any attempt by Sven to date any of Dora's other friends will most likely end in Sven's messy and violent death. Or at least with Dora having a stroke from all the pent-up rage.
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2010, 23:50 by themacnut »
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #143 on: 15 Sep 2010, 23:48 »

Not I. I prefer to retain my sanity such as it is.

Meanwhile, I have to admit, Dora, m'dear, you asked for this one. You should've gotten Angus or Amir to be your test perv.

Hannerdad figured she needed a trainer boyfriend. He probably didn't have someone like Sven in mind.
Oh, come on! Eldritch? Monstrous? You know this has Hannermom written all over it.

Edit: I see Mr. Rose beat me to that theory.
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2010, 23:53 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #144 on: 15 Sep 2010, 23:56 »

Look at Hanners' face! She might not understand the Black Speech consciously, but her subconscious recognises incoherent rage when it hears it...

Jeph, out of respect for Chinese culture, and Akima, who's defending it, are both trying to draw attention away from Hannelore's speech being written in characters of the secret Chinese language, the one it's illegal to show to foreigners.
That rustling you hear outside your window? It's not the wind...
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2010, 00:09 by Akima »

Kazukagii

• Furry furrier
  • I seem to be lost
« Reply #145 on: 16 Sep 2010, 00:03 »

Looks like I've got myself a new avatar. Thanks Jeph!
I had something witty to put down here but.....

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #146 on: 16 Sep 2010, 00:08 »

Great maker!! The Shadows, The Shadows have come!!!

Run!  Hide!

And if Londo Mollari walks in, buy him a hot Jala.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #147 on: 16 Sep 2010, 00:09 »

Wow...  Been away from QC for a while (damn work, family, work, aiding friends, work, etc...), since roughly the YouTube party, and I come back to a lot!

As for comics #1752-1754...

1. Ia! Ia! HanneThulu Fhtagn!

2. Looks like AzaDoraThoth is about to consume &/or destroy everyone inside Coffee of Doom, somebody lay some some Elder Signs next to the front windows.

3. I like Cosette more and more, great job with character development in that area.

4. Love the look of surprise with Sven being asked out by Hanners (even if only for a pretend date).   Likewise, Hanners is (literally) blushingly cute with her asking Sven.

5. A Sven + Hannelore date may not end well, but it definitely will be amusing, if not also a character growth experience for the both of them.

6. Hannelore is not actually immune to Sven’s “Come Hither” look, he missed Hanners and ‘hit’ Faye with it (waaaay back at comic #1078: Mr Face).  Though on a personal note, I always wondered what might have happened if he had been on his mark…

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.
« Reply #148 on: 16 Sep 2010, 00:23 »

Looks like you're right.

Nice job, BunnyThor.

Ha!  Nice!   :-D  Of course, just because Jeph did intentionally use Lovecraftian speech doesn't mean he isn't laughing maniacally.  Say, there doesn't happen to be a large white stone in town, does there?  One that's hard to look at for some reason, maybe surrounded by a pit filled with half-buried bones . . .

Very funny strip today, and again the expressions really make it.   8-)

Well, the strip is set in Massacusetts, the traditional Lovecraft country...:-D

And hoooooo shit, if I was indirectly comparing Hanners to Joseph Curwen/other mad sorcerers in my cultist-rant the other day, Dora is straight-up about to go Avatar of ye Old Ones on her poor, poor, currently losing SAN brother (the face in the fourth panel is just perfect. Bravo Jeph.) Hanners' sad face in said panel is extra-adorable...she looks so disappointed!

Also, Raoullefere and Mr. Rose are on the money--if anyone would call on the Great Old Ones to watch their child, it'd be the Lady Ellicott-Chatham. <cultist>In fact, I'm sure I've seen her at a gathering once...or twice, down at the old Dagon Hall...

And we've never seen Hanners' father...

Hmmmm.</cultist>
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2010, 00:45 by Dr. ROFLPWN »
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #149 on: 16 Sep 2010, 00:30 »

Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up