THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 14:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Halloweeny  (Read 57414 times)

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Re: Halloweeny
« Reply #250 on: 30 Oct 2010, 07:19 »

Every day pop star was a great success! The host of the party was sceptical at first and didn't believe I was in costume (which was understandable), but I explained the concept to her and told her to be patient, and the costume would reveal itself. I explained the concept to a few other people during the course of the evening, but even those to whom I didn't explain it picked up pretty quickly that I was constantly changing my clothes.

I tried to pace the changes like the arc of a concert, starting slow, building up to a crescendo of ridiculousness, then cooling down again to the end. Initially I was changing my clothes after every drink, but after a little while it became pretty much whenever I felt like it. All in all I went through ten changes of clothes. The changes, in case anyone's wondering, were:

- t-shirt & chinos (what I'd been wearing all day; I arrived at the party dressed in these)
- suit & tie (I thought that the first change should be very obviously different from the previous outfit, to make it clear to people early what was going on)
- hoodie & jeans (I didn't stay in this for long, it was boring)
- floppy hat, khaki shirt, shorts, gaters (bushwalking atire)
- singlet & shorts
- pyjamas
- thermal underwear (top & bottom)
- suit pants, shirt, & oversized tie-died Chinese waistcoat
- black peaked hat, Hawaiian shirt, & chinos
- t-shirt, red wooly jumper, jeans, & Coopers Dark Ale trucker's cap

The last outfit was the one I left the party in: at that stage I'd used every item of clothing I had on me except for a black woolen beanie and a pair of waterproof trousers. I was wearing a pair of black dress shoes throughout the evening (my normal shoes), apart from when I had on the pyjamas and the thermal underwear, at which times I was barefoot.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #251 on: 30 Oct 2010, 08:08 »

Harry that's amazing. I wish I could have seen that happen.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #252 on: 30 Oct 2010, 08:17 »

Harry, that sounds amazing.

went to a pre halloween party!

went as finn and jake with a friend.

was one-upped by my flatmate and his girlfriend who went as:

but, we were all beaten by my friend who went as a Creeper from Minecraft:

« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2010, 08:21 by StaedlerMars »
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #253 on: 30 Oct 2010, 10:00 »

My daughter had a neat idea this year for a party last wekend. 

Found a head-on image of a car with huge headlights (a Triumph TR-4), painted it onto a tight black shirt, matching the headlights with her boobs.  Cut out the headlights, and an old black bra with matching holes the same size.  Put small taplights in the bra, and went to the party with one on and one off. 

She was a perdiddle.  When the batteries burned out on one light, she switched to the other.  Brought a change of batteries, had to change 'em halfway through the party, but it was a great costume! 

Me, I bought a cheap banana outfit at K-mart, and went as a banana in pyjamas.  Did the peanut-butter-jelly time dance a few times. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #254 on: 30 Oct 2010, 16:59 »

dressed as a cloud, skyping with parents.

got my cloud dress and a watermelon four loko. party at my house. pix of the inevitable shitshow to follow.

also, I like finn and jake, but where r princess bubblegum + marceline??
radical dame

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #255 on: 30 Oct 2010, 23:01 »

Death was a success! People knew what I was! And now I sleep off the booze.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #256 on: 31 Oct 2010, 03:24 »

Every day pop star was a great success! The host of the party was sceptical at first and didn't believe I was in costume (which was understandable), but I explained the concept to her and told her to be patient, and the costume would reveal itself. I explained the concept to a few other people during the course of the evening, but even those to whom I didn't explain it picked up pretty quickly that I was constantly changing my clothes.

I tried to pace the changes like the arc of a concert, starting slow, building up to a crescendo of ridiculousness, then cooling down again to the end. Initially I was changing my clothes after every drink, but after a little while it became pretty much whenever I felt like it. All in all I went through ten changes of clothes. The changes, in case anyone's wondering, were:

- t-shirt & chinos (what I'd been wearing all day; I arrived at the party dressed in these)
- suit & tie (I thought that the first change should be very obviously different from the previous outfit, to make it clear to people early what was going on)
- hoodie & jeans (I didn't stay in this for long, it was boring)
- floppy hat, khaki shirt, shorts, gaters (bushwalking atire)
- singlet & shorts
- pyjamas
- thermal underwear (top & bottom)
- suit pants, shirt, & oversized tie-died Chinese waistcoat
- black peaked hat, Hawaiian shirt, & chinos
- t-shirt, red wooly jumper, jeans, & Coopers Dark Ale trucker's cap

The last outfit was the one I left the party in: at that stage I'd used every item of clothing I had on me except for a black woolen beanie and a pair of waterproof trousers. I was wearing a pair of black dress shoes throughout the evening (my normal shoes), apart from when I had on the pyjamas and the thermal underwear, at which times I was barefoot.

I must say, that was the most brilliant idea ever! I'm gonna have to steal that one, but that'll be next year.

As for my Halloween; Friday was spent with my girlfriend. We went out to eat some tasty, tasty Chinese food, and then caught a showing of Princess Mononoke in a nice little Theater. Saturday was spent with her too, and saturday evening was just staying at home playing guitar and chilling, instead of being piss-drunk.

Acting like an adult for once is really nice.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #257 on: 31 Oct 2010, 03:37 »

Tonight I am pretending I'm not in the house for Halloween purposes. There's only been one knock on the door from (presumably) trick-or-treaters, and it's getting towards ten at night now so there won't be any more which is a relief. It's not that I don't want to give children lollies and make them happy - it's just that in Australia you never know how many trick-or-treaters you're going to get, and I've only been living in this area for a couple of months so I don't know how many trick-or-treating aged children there are around here, and I hate waste so I didn't want to go out and buy a whole lot of lollies and then have them all left over because nobody came around because frankly I don't enjoy eating cheap Halloweenish lollies so I'd have to throw them out if there were any left over.

So it just seemed easier to pretend not to be at home.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #258 on: 31 Oct 2010, 03:47 »

Harry gave me an idea. Next year, when I go as Death, I'll have quick-apply, quick-remove facepaint for the face, and dress as Chuck Shuldiner underneath the robe. That way I can quick change, and no matter which one I am when someone asks me who I am, I can say "I am death".
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #259 on: 31 Oct 2010, 04:00 »

Oh goddamnit Nodaisho I love you now.

Allybee

« Reply #260 on: 31 Oct 2010, 06:07 »

got my cloud dress and a watermelon four loko. party at my house. pix of the inevitable shitshow to follow.

made out with one of the guys that in the band that played the show at my house, while I was dressed as a cloud. and then told him he couldn't sleep with me. halloween success
radical dame

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #261 on: 31 Oct 2010, 07:16 »

I went to a punk show last night and what the fuck people.

If you dress like fucking Snooki for halloween, I want to punch your face in.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Nodaisho

« Reply #262 on: 31 Oct 2010, 08:24 »

If you love me, help me figure out how to be distinctly Chuck Shuldiner, rather than guy in tight jeans and long hair.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #263 on: 31 Oct 2010, 15:06 »

Fine Art BA third year put on their house party yesterday, and it was fucking immense. This was my costume, basically just chucked together from shit I had lying around, but with enough creepy touches (not so good with flash):

The title of the party was 'Freakshow'. We went to town on the house. There was a smoking area with a projector displaying a showreel mixed from sources such as Haxan, Todd Browning's Freaks, the Adventures of Mark Twain (satan scene), Aphex Twin videos, etc. Music was heavy on the Tom Waits. We had Satan, just a guy in a suit, set up in an office, presenting a powerpoint presentation on the omnipresence of evil and asking audience members to give him his soul so they could be evil without guilt. The kitchen was decorated with fake childrens drawings showing a mixture of happy scenes, dark looming figures, sexual abuse etc, some apparently drawn in blood. Many of these drawings referred to Rapey the Pig. Pappa Rapey wore dungarees, a fatsuit and a latex pig mask, and danced around squealing and playing the accordion. The combined attentions of Rapey, a performance student in an incredibly creepy birdman costume, myself and a man wearing a backwards skeleton mask who walked backwards and saw through a camera inserted in a chicken carcass and linked to a pair of high-tech goggles (seriously) actually drove off several of the less desirable local pikeys. Later there was a parade down the street with Satan on guitar and a suicidal clown on didgeridoo. I was too busy smoking up homeless Adolf Hitler to join in. Standout costume was a pregnant Alice in Wonderland, with a bloody gash in her belly from which a pair of rabbit ears poked. She had blood running down the insides of her legs and drank all her drinks from a teacup which she rested on her belly. Also of note, the Sexually Transmitted Infection Fairy (who gave business cards saying for example 'Congratulations! You have Chlamydia!') and a really darn good possessed marionette.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #264 on: 31 Oct 2010, 17:43 »

Last night I stayed inside and played guitar alone

I understand if the rest of y'all don't feel comfortable telling your Halloween plans for fear of seeming lame by comparison

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #265 on: 31 Oct 2010, 17:51 »

May I one-up? Saturday night I lay in bed with a migraine and Sunday night I played Sims 3 by myself.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #266 on: 31 Oct 2010, 19:24 »

I tuned my guitar to drop-C on the 29th and haven't left my room but to answer the door for candy-munchers.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #267 on: 31 Oct 2010, 19:35 »

Sadly we only got 6 people at the new house.  WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WITH ALL THESE BAGS OF CANDY

edit: sorry
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2010, 20:08 by Blue Kitty »

Nodaisho

« Reply #268 on: 31 Oct 2010, 19:36 »

Eat them.

I was going to walk around town with a friend of mine tonight, but he got volunteered to be the designated driver for his sister and her friends. So I'm sitting at home alone on the computer.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #269 on: 31 Oct 2010, 19:49 »

There were tons and tons of kids who stopped at my house (my fiancee was shocked by the dense throngs of families on our street because she wasn't here last year.) I tried last year to give candy, but since I live on the second floor I barely ever heard them knocking and my downstairs neighbors were giving out candy anyway. This year I didn't even try, I just occasionally looked out the window at the cute costumes. Parents carrying babies in animal outfits are my favorite.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #270 on: 31 Oct 2010, 20:06 »

Are they fat babies?

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #271 on: 31 Oct 2010, 21:01 »

I went to a punk show last night and what the fuck people.

If you dress like fucking Snooki for halloween, I want to punch your face in.
Well you're no fun
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #272 on: 31 Oct 2010, 21:53 »

to be fair, i have legitimately had nightmares about snooki so as far as scary costumes go it seems more than appropriate to me
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #273 on: 31 Oct 2010, 22:18 »

I find The Situation much more terrifying.
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2010, 23:15 by Zombiedude »

Mein Tumblr

Allybee

« Reply #274 on: 31 Oct 2010, 23:13 »

on sunday nights at my house (which is sort of like a co-op), we have house dinner, when all 18 of us (give or take a few) sit down and eat and spend time together. the doorbell rang and we got really excited since we practically live on a small highway and weren't expecting trick-or-treaters. we thought they'd be cute little kids and we got excited and ran to try to find candy and they were like, a bunch of high school aged punks, lol. I think we had to give them baking chocolate anyways (we weren't really prepared...)
radical dame

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #275 on: 01 Nov 2010, 00:07 »

Man people are still trick or treating at midnight here. Victoria is craaaazzzzyyyy

Mein Tumblr

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #276 on: 01 Nov 2010, 00:46 »

I went to a mall today completely by accident and it was full of little kids in costumes and holy crap I think cute has been ruined forever for me now, I have overdosed.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #277 on: 01 Nov 2010, 01:43 »

If you love me, help me figure out how to be distinctly Chuck Shuldiner, rather than guy in tight jeans and long hair.

http://www.bcrich.com/bcrichNew/models/guitars/Stealth/Stealth-Chuck-Schuldiner-Tribute/68

Nodaisho

« Reply #278 on: 01 Nov 2010, 02:13 »

Can't afford a guitar for a halloween costume, and god knows B.C. Riches aren't good for anything else.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #279 on: 01 Nov 2010, 02:30 »

hey hey hey hey hey hey hey

B.C. Rich has really upped their game these last few years, and the older, early-90s models kick all sorts of ass.

öde

« Reply #280 on: 01 Nov 2010, 03:43 »

Minimal effort zombie!

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #281 on: 01 Nov 2010, 05:37 »

Isn't a zombie in a skeleton shirt a little self-reflexive?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #282 on: 01 Nov 2010, 07:13 »

I made a classy jack-o-lantern, with a mustache and monocle! He is joined by Jack Skellington and a bat.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #283 on: 01 Nov 2010, 08:38 »

Dude just happened to be wearing a skeleton shirt when he became a zombie.

What if there was an outbreak of zombie plague on Halloween and a dude wearing a skeleton shirt dressed as a zombie became like an actual zombie.

:psyduck:

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #284 on: 01 Nov 2010, 08:47 »

I threw a party on Friday, which was kind of fun. I dressed as one of those ipod ads except without black facepaint because I am broke as shit. Then I went to my granddad's Halloween party yesterday afternoon to help hand out candy to all the kids. At one piece of candy each, there were about 750 kids all told? Then I went to a Samhuinn party last night and dressed up as an 80s faerie. I still wish I had fraggle keyrings or something to throw at people, because that would be epic.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #285 on: 01 Nov 2010, 08:50 »

Can't afford a guitar for a halloween costume, and god knows B.C. Riches aren't good for anything else.

I went as Angus Young a few years ago. Made a rather decent looking SG out of a big piece of cardboard.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Buttfranklin

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • bruce
« Reply #286 on: 01 Nov 2010, 09:00 »

That is me on the left.  My gf's costume was seriously legit, though.

Here's a close up

She spent like two hours putting all that stuff on.  All the while I sat next to her and made sly jokes to her sisters about how I "swear to god I didn't lay a hand on her."
I tried to romance a lady photographer once. But it didn't work out because I could never understand about f-spots.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #287 on: 01 Nov 2010, 09:06 »

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #288 on: 01 Nov 2010, 23:37 »

(yeah, if you are irish)

(samhuinn if you are scots)

(so, tomayto, tomahto)
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #289 on: 01 Nov 2010, 23:50 »

Bunch of pics from my Halloween up in the photo thread.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #290 on: 02 Nov 2010, 08:22 »

I dunno if this'll work or not, it's on facebook and I'm not that familiar with it...

but it's a brief video of me at that halloween party, with a cheap banana suit and pyjamas.  Yes, a banana in pyjamas. 

Dancing "Peanut Butter Jelly Time". 

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=170443732966792

Oh, and here's my daughter's perdiddle (done with a nightshot setting)

« Last Edit: 02 Nov 2010, 08:27 by Carl-E »
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

paintbrushesRmyweapons

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #291 on: 04 Nov 2010, 14:30 »

Are you ready for the most mind blowing costume?
I am quite proud of myself for this.

Allybee

« Reply #292 on: 04 Nov 2010, 16:07 »

your room looks like jane's room from daria
radical dame

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #293 on: 04 Nov 2010, 16:53 »

Zombie Sarah Palin, stabbed in the chest with an American flag?

I love it.

Can't see your hands, were you packing heat?
Ho, ho, ho!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #294 on: 04 Nov 2010, 17:42 »

your room looks like jane's room from daria

How old were you when that show was on the air? I'm serious, this is important.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #295 on: 04 Nov 2010, 18:20 »

Is anyone else sick of zombies? I am pretty sick of zombies.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Buttfranklin

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • bruce
« Reply #296 on: 04 Nov 2010, 18:47 »

Are you ready for the most mind blowing costume?
I am quite proud of myself for this.http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a326/treslostnut/IMG_1895.jpg
Dang, that is super sweet!
I tried to romance a lady photographer once. But it didn't work out because I could never understand about f-spots.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #297 on: 04 Nov 2010, 18:51 »

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #298 on: 04 Nov 2010, 19:34 »

Fuck it, a well done zombie costume is still a thing to behold, and that is a Well Done Zombie Costume
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #299 on: 05 Nov 2010, 03:36 »

Is anyone else sick of zombies? I am pretty sick of zombies.

I was getting there, but then The Walking Dead came on and I bought the comics and now I'm re-hooked.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up