THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 06:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 424782 times)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #650 on: 27 May 2011, 17:23 »

Not to worry, Notch plans to fix it tomorrow. Until then it's best to put your picked-up items in a chest so as not to lose them. Accidentally pressed Q when holding my diamond sword, grrr...

You know what, we should all just rebind the drop key to something less error-prone than Q, regardless of this bug.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #651 on: 27 May 2011, 17:49 »

Lost a diamond pick earlier, was confused!

JD you've got to PM Stephen to get on the whitelist for the server.

(that is Mr. Ackblom12 if you didn't know)
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #652 on: 27 May 2011, 18:21 »

Yeah He sent me everything I needed but I am having computer issues on my gaming computer
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #653 on: 27 May 2011, 18:26 »

Lag is still pretty horrendous since the update.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #654 on: 28 May 2011, 09:24 »

Probably because of the CPU hogging bug. That one hasn't been fixed yet but at least in 1.6.5 your tools stop breaking.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #655 on: 28 May 2011, 12:27 »

Server's been quite good to me today so far!

We don't have them on the server, but does anyone like the addition of tall grass and shrubs? It makes things look needlessly crowded. Well, as soon as Painterly updates I can at least get them to look better.

Wait, are we never going to have tall grass on the server? Will it not show up on maps made pre-1.6?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #656 on: 28 May 2011, 13:22 »

They will, but you're going to have to keep walking a long time before being able to generate new terrain. Only newly generated land will have tall grass on it.

It's a shame the shrubs and dead saplings can't be picked up. They'd be good for decoration.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #657 on: 28 May 2011, 13:32 »

Awww man I thought it'd just start sprouting up where grass already was. Will try taking a walk through nether and portalling out to find some new land.

Doragon Shinzui

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #658 on: 28 May 2011, 13:49 »

Since the advent of maps I've been planning on making a big Nether Warp hub.
It's gonna be awesome to have access everywhere on my map.
So, is there a QC Minecraft server?

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #659 on: 29 May 2011, 03:21 »

Random thought. What would be epic is creating the world from the original Zork text adventure in Minecraft. I remember that the map as I drew it at the time actually made enough spatial sense where I think it could be done.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #660 on: 29 May 2011, 05:42 »

well, if you think you have the time
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #661 on: 29 May 2011, 07:14 »

Pretty sure the server needs a re-boot!

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #662 on: 29 May 2011, 07:54 »

Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

ackblom12

« Reply #663 on: 29 May 2011, 14:26 »

alright, server has been updated to 1.6.5 since it sounds like it's a bit more stable than the initial update was. Once there is a solidly stable release Bukkit should be updating again as well.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #664 on: 29 May 2011, 21:59 »

well, if you think you have the time

I do not.

On the other hand, (mostly) waiting out the instability of this patch has done wonders for my real world productivity!

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #665 on: 30 May 2011, 01:52 »

uh, guys, why is the water around the lighthouse suddenly ice?

Edit: oh, all the water in the entire world is ice! Is this some kind of seasons thing?

Okay, it appears as the entire castle area is now in a snowy biome. For some reason
« Last Edit: 30 May 2011, 02:15 by snalin »
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #666 on: 30 May 2011, 02:02 »

I think something in the world generator got changed. I know Notch fixed the distribution of ore glitch where the SW quadrant got more of everything, so this may be the part of the code doing this to you.

My theory is that something in that changed the way biomes are generated. It seems like they aren't "fixed" to locations, but derived independently of the physical land, so the new patch is overlaying a completely different biome pattern on the world. So now that area is either tundra or taiga. The trees won't change of course, because they're physically manifested during the original chunk generation, but the grass and leaf colors have probably shifted to reflect the new pattern if you look closely enough. I was just reading a thread on the forum talking about this very thing.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #667 on: 30 May 2011, 03:24 »

It's impossible that a change in ore distribution suddenly causes snow to fall anywhere. And it goes beyond just the castle. From the top of my tower I can see snow covering the land in every place where grass is. I thought that the rainfall was somehow changed to all snow, but that wouldn't explain why there is now snow where a desert biome used to be. Biome changes seem to be the only explanation.

Well, time to start wearing winter clothes I guess.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #668 on: 31 May 2011, 08:39 »

Quote from: Notch
1.6.6:

+ Added a new use for bonemeal
* Changed the material of glowstone from “glass” to “stone”. This means you need a pickaxe to get resources from it
* Made glowstone drop more loot
* Made the recipe sizes for creating cloth blocks and glowstone blocks smaller (2x2 instead of 3x3)
* Re-introduced unlimited FPS, renamed the option again
* Fixed beds not working very well at all in SMP
* Fixed destroying a boat spawning the player too low, causing them to sometimes fall through the ground
* Boats float up to the surface quicker
* Boats falling down into water lose their vertical momentum very fast
* Removed Herobrine

Oh, that Notch. Well, this update couldn't have come at a worse time, seeing as I just harvested almost three stacks of glowstone dust from the Nether two days ago. I could have gotten over a hundred of glowstone blocks from that!

ackblom12

« Reply #669 on: 31 May 2011, 08:56 »

Server is now updated to 1.6.6

ackblom12

« Reply #670 on: 31 May 2011, 09:11 »

New map is also available for download.

Code: [Select]
http://www.mediafire.com/?bfgau2xa3frb2b6

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #671 on: 31 May 2011, 10:21 »

Everyone, welcome to Minecraft's first Ice Age.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #672 on: 31 May 2011, 10:44 »

THIS IS THE WORST DESERT EVER, MY TERRIBAD STATUE OF JAKE IS GETTING COVERED IN SNOW. WHY IS IT SNOWING IN MY GODDAMN DESERT
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #673 on: 31 May 2011, 14:48 »

Probably the seed that's been corrupted (thanks LTK). Do you think you can fix that, ack? Maybe just write a new, random seed, and see how it turns out? Or if you have any old backups, check their seeds?

ackblom12

« Reply #674 on: 31 May 2011, 15:11 »

Yeah, not a problem. Give me a few

ackblom12

« Reply #675 on: 31 May 2011, 15:20 »

Ok, only ones I have that aren't corrupted according to single player is one from a good 2 weeks ago. the 19th to be exact. I'm not sure why this happened, and I can attempt to edit the biomes through mcedit, but from what I gather that's buggy as shit for biome editing.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2011, 15:24 by ackblom12 »

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #676 on: 01 Jun 2011, 02:25 »

Don't think that's going to make a difference. Even if you manage to get the biomes back to normal, that snow and ice isn't just going to melt by itself. It's easier to just restore the backup from two weeks ago.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #677 on: 01 Jun 2011, 02:48 »

Noo. Done so much work in that time. Restoring the biomes will fix the problem, and clearing up the snow and ice from the important places won't take more than a couple of hours.

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #678 on: 01 Jun 2011, 03:32 »

yeah, i say don't go with the backup.  I logged on for the first time last night, and there is ice and snow everywhere.  I found it absolutely hilarious. 
Also, once Runecraft is back someone can just make a bunch of icepicks and harvest all the ice (and get ice blocks that are placeable from it).  I had had an idea of making an ice castle surrounded by a lava moat a while ago, but never got around to making the ice picks with Runecraft.  Now, I have incentive if I ever want to be able to take the water route out of my tower.

(Only thing is, the water level everywhere may decrease by 1 block.  Im not 100% about that, but I think it makes sense if it does go down a bit)
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #679 on: 01 Jun 2011, 04:31 »

Great idea if it weren't for the fact that lava melts ice. You just can't make anything out of ice blocks unless you keep all light sources away from it.

I'm quite a bit annoyed by all the ice myself. You can't jump into the water from anywhere now, it just breaks your legs. And the lakes I created by placing a layer of water over the surface are also all screwed up.

Is it possible to restore the backup and then edit a few sections from the existing map into it? Then snalin won't lose as much work.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #680 on: 01 Jun 2011, 06:27 »

you could just copy/paste the whole castle area over the old one, but I kinda have to agree that we'll never find this much snow again. And it's really fast to harvest.

Breaking ice creates water, I think, so unless the runecraft things fucks that up, we're good to go.

Edit: if you are reverting to a backlup; be sure to make a backup of the current state in case the same thing happens again.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2011, 03:34 by snalin »

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #681 on: 03 Jun 2011, 18:22 »

I was pretty stoked to see snow-fall, thought it was a changing season or something.

I very cleverly just destroyed all my chests with the intent of re-packing all my bits and bobs, but in fact, lost almost everything as things started to disappear tragically. Saved a couple buckets, lost my stack of diamonds.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #682 on: 04 Jun 2011, 06:58 »

Just got into Minecraft. Any chance of somebody PMing me the server details?
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #683 on: 04 Jun 2011, 13:20 »

Stephen's got the details, and the server is set up with a white-list so the best thing to do is PM him your username.

I am just wondering now what is going in with regards to resetting the server. I haven not seen anyone else on in a while and would basically just like to know if there is any point in building right now or not. I do not particularly mind either way; I have done some building but I also lost some stacks of things like my diamonds, so presumably I'd get those back and be happy.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #684 on: 04 Jun 2011, 13:34 »

I couldn't log on last time I tried, but I play pretty much every second day, and I usually see at least one other guy on there at the same time.

I think the problem is that we're pretty spread over timezones, so us Europeans and you Americans (in the broader term) don't see each other unless you are on early or we are on really late.

ackblom12

« Reply #685 on: 04 Jun 2011, 13:41 »

PM sent to ya Ryan, and yeah, I'll just need your username. And what Snalin said. We're just so ridiculously spread out it's silly. There are definitely people on it pretty regularly though. Not 24/7, but well worth keeping it up.

I also still need to get around to editing the biomes. Stupid bad seed.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #686 on: 04 Jun 2011, 15:17 »

I haven't been on in a while because most of my base is accessible using runecraft stuff and I've been playing other games/working/sleeping a lot.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #687 on: 04 Jun 2011, 15:35 »

Last time I checked the biomes shifted again. I don't know what's going on.
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2011, 15:46 by LTK »

ackblom12

« Reply #688 on: 04 Jun 2011, 20:25 »

Goddamnit Minecraft. Goddamnit.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #689 on: 05 Jun 2011, 07:34 »

Uh, Steve, did you reinstall the unofficial Nether-enabling mod The Nether has official multiplayer support now. And ours is broken.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #690 on: 06 Jun 2011, 15:29 »

Nether is working okay now.

Minecraft is coming to xbox, which makes a lot of people unhappy for some strange reason. I'm really curious how a console is going to run a giant open world like Minecraft's, considering they have fuck-all for RAM.

ackblom12

« Reply #691 on: 06 Jun 2011, 18:29 »

Wait, why the fuck are people unhappy about that. I swear the Minecraft fanbase can be so stupid sometimes. The online reaction to Terraria being the most recent thing to come to mind.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #692 on: 07 Jun 2011, 06:12 »

considering how much tinkering notch does to it, the xbox announcement is surprising. as far as i'm aware microsoft have a fairly rigid process for all patches and other content downloads, which is why you get stuff like valves big ps3 announcement
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #693 on: 09 Jun 2011, 12:42 »

Ack, you mind putting up another map? I kinda wanna see how my new temples and roads look.

ackblom12

« Reply #694 on: 09 Jun 2011, 13:00 »

I knew I was forgetting something!

Here ya go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?s4qq33dh9bttnbj

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #695 on: 09 Jun 2011, 17:12 »

Biomes shifted again, my place in the north was still snowy yesterday when I logged in, grass changed colors and then it started to rain
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

ackblom12

« Reply #696 on: 09 Jun 2011, 18:37 »

I swear to god I am going to eat this fucking game's costume.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #697 on: 09 Jun 2011, 20:03 »

Earlier I was playing real life minecraft removing a tree. I tried punching it but it didn't help.

ackblom12

« Reply #698 on: 10 Jun 2011, 06:12 »

Why didn't you just set it on fire.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #699 on: 10 Jun 2011, 10:34 »

This pagebreak: advice for life.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28   Go Up