THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 12:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 425734 times)

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #700 on: 10 Jun 2011, 17:27 »

Turns out my name is a pretty cool seed. Numerical equivalent: -1155802264

Not an absolute spawn, so head in the direction of x=250, z=30
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

ackblom12

« Reply #701 on: 14 Jun 2011, 08:04 »

Ok, internet is down at the moment but out should be back up someone today. I'll let you guys know when.

ackblom12

« Reply #702 on: 14 Jun 2011, 21:27 »

Alright, bad news and good news that is probably also a small amount of bad news. Internet will be down, or at least unstable until Friday. I'll be getting a wireless adapter tomorrow to get back online, but that is likely not going to be terribly effective for people.

I will also probably be moving the server over to the other computer in the house for a few weeks because I'm going to be participating in an isolation vaccine study for 2 two week periods starting Monday. This means that if something goes wrong on the server, I'll have to wait until Katy is nearby and I have a chance to either direct her in what to do, our remote in and do out myself.

So yeah, I'll test how the server works on the wireless, but most likely it won't be back up until Friday.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #703 on: 15 Jun 2011, 09:17 »

PISTONS IN 1.7! SO COOL!
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #704 on: 15 Jun 2011, 10:55 »

STEAMCRAFT (I WISH)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #705 on: 15 Jun 2011, 13:06 »

Did you see the folding doorway with the extending stairwell? That was awesome! Jeb managed to showcase the amazing potential of the pistons very well. I know someone has already made a printer out of a circuit using the piston mod, but an official release would certainly drive people to make the most astounding creations. What's the first think you want to create? I think I'd try to make an auto-reloading system for my TNT cannon.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #706 on: 15 Jun 2011, 13:29 »

I think I would make a grand doorway like the thing in the video but ramped up to 11.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #707 on: 15 Jun 2011, 15:35 »

I think I would make a grand doorway like the thing in the video but ramped up to 11.

Optimus Howl's Transforming Castle
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

öde

« Reply #708 on: 16 Jun 2011, 07:10 »

Bonus points if you can make a castle that can rise from the ground.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #709 on: 16 Jun 2011, 20:15 »

Gah this keeps crashing on me, I just wanna make a friggin' pickaxe before everything goes to shit
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

ackblom12

« Reply #710 on: 18 Jun 2011, 16:53 »

alright, server is back up on a different PC for the time being. Runecraft isn't active on it at the moment cause I can't be arsed to change the path through notepad at the moment, but I'l see about getting that done before I leave. I sent a PM out to several folks so if you didn't get the new IP just let me know.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #711 on: 19 Jun 2011, 11:30 »

Those new hatches are rubbish for making traps or drawbridges but they do make decent skylights.

I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #712 on: 21 Jun 2011, 11:36 »

why is the server suddenly peaceful?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

ackblom12

« Reply #713 on: 21 Jun 2011, 12:02 »

I knew I forgot to do something before I left. When Khar joined in the first time he spawned somewhere other than where the normal spot was so I turned it peaceful to give him a chance to find the keep. I'll see if I can get Kat to change that for me once we've confirmed that Khar has found the keep.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where a half built ship is? That is where he was lost last I knew.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #714 on: 22 Jun 2011, 02:26 »

If you wanna find the way back from anywhere, just press f3, and go to 0/0ish in x/z. That's about where the original spawn was - when you're there, you should be able to see the castle, the tower of babel, and probably Odei's castle as well.

Edit: 0/0 is just off the bridge from the original spawn to the castle, so no Odei, but a lot of babel and castle.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #715 on: 23 Jun 2011, 21:40 »

I was wondering why the server was so peaceful.

I've actually been getting a lot of work done on my castle, I'm gonna be able to start on the town soon and my total conversion of all trees on both islands into 3 story tall aspens. I also need to find a way to break all of the ice around my place, because its distracting as hell.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

kida001

« Reply #716 on: 23 Jun 2011, 22:22 »

I've been scouring the internet for a solution to my Ice-Aged server and came across this forum.

Any chance you guys have been able to find a solution? All our lakes/rivers turned to ice and there's snow everywhere.  The //thaw command from world edit is only temporary.

Hoping for some fellow minecrafter help here!

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #717 on: 24 Jun 2011, 02:04 »

There's a thaw command? Interesting. That would solve our ice problem seeing as our biomes shifted multiple times before seemingly coming to rest on rainy soil. But if your snow/ice keeps falling/freezing then you need to do something about the biome layout, which got broken. Luckily enough ours got broken in a more convenient way so it's hard to count on that. Good luck with it anyway.

Speaking of things that are breaking, does anyone have an idea why our portal now leads to the old Nether, which was previously replaced by an entirely new world?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #718 on: 24 Jun 2011, 16:58 »

What's this? Is Minecraft getting flight?

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #719 on: 26 Jun 2011, 14:00 »

I assume that it would be leading to the old nether only if the mod that made that old nether happen was re-installed.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

ackblom12

« Reply #720 on: 26 Jun 2011, 18:19 »

Hmm, odd. Definitely didn't reinstall the mod. Unfortunately this is going to have to wait till I get home Friday at the earliest.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #721 on: 27 Jun 2011, 10:07 »

I think part of the fun of minecraft is that there is so much meta-gaming happening in all the work that is required to make this Beta game behave. Like, it is a quest now to see why the nether has reverted! It is a mission to develop your railroad without causing a crash with your powered rails! It is like living on a more wild, unsettled frontier of gaming.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #722 on: 27 Jun 2011, 15:10 »

Speaking of, when are we gonna get another map update?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #723 on: 27 Jun 2011, 20:49 »

Pistons and bug fixes in 1.7 to be released this Thursday.

Adventure update pushed back to 1.8 which "will take some time".

ackblom12

« Reply #724 on: 27 Jun 2011, 20:55 »

Thursday is pretty timely actually. I'll get home Friday, update the server and we're good to go. I'll also update the map then as well.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #725 on: 27 Jun 2011, 22:24 »

You'll also get a chance to see if there were any SMP breaking bugs that need fixing first before everybody upgrades.

Oh, and this thread on the minecraft forums. Massive screenshot dump inside, but oh so worth it.  :-o

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #726 on: 28 Jun 2011, 13:49 »

Contrary to popular belief, it it actually possible to win in Minecraft. This person does it.

(The burning hellstone crucifix is a nice touch.)

1.7 will now also feature shears, which is awesome, because it allows us to have placeable leaf blocks. I think I once mentioned my old treehouse, right? Well, when I last went back to it, leaf decay got fixed and it fell apart in minutes. :( So I'm taking this opportunity to make another treehouse, this time one that won't die.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #727 on: 28 Jun 2011, 22:16 »

At least one new mob and NPC villages in 1.8 color me excited, oh hey there's also 2 new colors.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #728 on: 30 Jun 2011, 12:48 »

From the new bugs list:
"Breaking obsidian with a wooden shovel will create pink/purple particles."

OK, who sat around and broke obsidian with a wooden shovel just to see what would happen?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #729 on: 30 Jun 2011, 13:44 »

Interesting question, but the bug isn't limited to obsidian and wooden shovels. I broke a door with my hands and it showed broken particles as well.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #730 on: 01 Jul 2011, 15:49 »

Oh, you guys, you absolutely have to see the world seed 'Nuclear Winter'.  When you spawn, there's a good chance you see a giant waterfall cascading down a mountain. The surrounding terrain is nice to look at as well. But it gets better. You'd best explore it for yourself, but you might not even find it...

(click to show/hide)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #731 on: 01 Jul 2011, 20:58 »

Yeah that's a seriously cool mountain range right there.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #732 on: 02 Jul 2011, 01:43 »

hey, can I have the server IP please?
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #733 on: 02 Jul 2011, 06:05 »

To anyone using NVidia video cards: You can enable anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering in Minecraft via the NVidia Contol Panel. Follow these instructions. It makes a massive improvement, even over the default textures, where aliasing is really noticable on surfaces such as water, lava or bricks. Compare these images. You can tell which is which.

(click to show/hide)

The high-res textures are really annoying to play for me because of the noisy effect those textures have when moving. But this completely negates the problem, everything goes much more smoothly now. I recommend you try it. For lower res texture packs you can jack up the settings quite high; 16x16 painterly doesn't give a hitch on the highest settings, but Photo Realism does suffer from framerate drops in this case.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a similarly easy solution for ATI video cards.

hey, can I have the server IP please?

PM Ackblom as soon as the server is updated to 1.7.
« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2011, 08:17 by LTK »

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #734 on: 02 Jul 2011, 09:52 »

Is ack back?

ackblom12

« Reply #735 on: 02 Jul 2011, 10:21 »

Alright, I'm keeping the server on the current IP just because I don't want to have to switch it back again in two weeks. No reason to make that any more irritating for myself or anyone else. It is updated to 1.7.2 and monster spawns have been turned back on.

Here is the current map.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0gulu3eeedee84t
« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2011, 10:24 by ackblom12 »

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #736 on: 02 Jul 2011, 12:19 »

Er, wow. Who's the mysterious traveller?

ackblom12

« Reply #737 on: 02 Jul 2011, 12:33 »

I am not sure but that is a hell of a lot of exploration.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #738 on: 02 Jul 2011, 19:26 »

I really wanted a sweet, large winter biome. Took a little bit of finding. I at first found a place I liked (about halfways out along that path) but died at night due to a buggy shelter (it was a minimum size room made of dirt to fit me and a bed, a sort-of lean to but a zombie killed me as I slept. Same thing happened as I was traveling the second time, so don't try to sleep in minimum-size shelters on the beach, I guess). I couldn't find it again so I just kept walking. Pretty pleased with the tundra I've got now.

P.S. man I can't wait for runecraft to be updated so I can zap back to town and see what's new (ship looks cool, haven't seen that before!).
« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2011, 19:29 by Slick »

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #739 on: 03 Jul 2011, 06:10 »

When I have to travel I take a stack of dirt with me and sleep on a pillar.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #740 on: 03 Jul 2011, 08:00 »

I might have another crack at Minecraft tonight. The game really hasn't grabbed me yet.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #741 on: 03 Jul 2011, 08:10 »

If so, you'd be better off waiting for the next update. It's going to be a game changer, and a quite literal one too.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #742 on: 03 Jul 2011, 11:45 »

Yeah, I feel that with the next big update of 1.8 that it might just be time to start a new server? Maybe? Eh?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #743 on: 03 Jul 2011, 12:12 »

Oh, certainly. The latest buzz shows some screenshots of ruins and villages that are planned for 1.8, we really ought to generate a new world to get the most out of it.

If we do decide to start over, how about a vote for which world seed to use?

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #744 on: 03 Jul 2011, 12:30 »

I'm cool with starting over, if we patch across the buildings people wants to keep. I guess we could explore the new world, and then edit in the things we want in places that's not very interesting to do anything with, or otherwise fits in the stuff we're doing.

I want something with a lot of sea - I like islands and bridges a lot.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #745 on: 03 Jul 2011, 12:57 »

I could totally be down with that, it would be really nice to have my library tower with the rest of my stuff.

Oh hey so I used a couple sticky pistons to make a secret door in my saloon and tavern, see if ye can find it.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #746 on: 03 Jul 2011, 13:49 »

I'm making some piston-related changes as well.

The good news is, my piston-powered lava trap is very effective.

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #747 on: 03 Jul 2011, 14:10 »

Run Wolfie!!!!!
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

öde

« Reply #748 on: 03 Jul 2011, 14:46 »

I am terrible at redstone.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #749 on: 03 Jul 2011, 19:58 »

I can understand the appeal of starting fresh, but I do not know if it is necessary. I found grass right after the grass update, just by walking a little ways away from where I'd explored before. With waypoints, it'd be easy to ferry people & things en masse to a new section of map, which needn't actually be that far away.

That said, I am not really attached to anything I have built, so I basically favour the approach of least hassle. Just wanted to suggest that as an alternative if cut/pasting is annoying.
« Last Edit: 03 Jul 2011, 20:00 by Slick »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28   Go Up