THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 15 Apr 2024, 21:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 423357 times)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #950 on: 25 Oct 2011, 09:39 »

This is not me, but:
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #951 on: 25 Oct 2011, 09:42 »

There's basically so many of them that the computer can not handle it, and then after picking up some of my items and dying again underwater, there are too manny items around so important things disappear.
Does this not happen to everyone?

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #952 on: 25 Oct 2011, 15:57 »

Never. They spawn when you die? :psyduck:
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #953 on: 25 Oct 2011, 16:02 »

They are all the ones I have collected, supposedly. I am reading about other people who regularly jump in lava to burn them all away. Both times I've died in this version, this has happened to me.
Clearly I just need to go jump in lava more often.

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #954 on: 25 Oct 2011, 17:45 »

I just want runecraft to be updated.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #955 on: 26 Oct 2011, 03:10 »

Never. They spawn when you die? :psyduck:
you drop them

but they're physics-based objects so the game keeps track of every single one as a separate entity and when you drop then it creates thousands at once
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #956 on: 26 Oct 2011, 06:38 »

I think there was a fix for that problem not long ago, but it might not have made it into 1.8.1. Experience orbs are now grouped in subsequent prime numbers.

Sorry I haven't been as active as I were, but the 1.9 pre-releases are just too alluring. Just look at the shiny!

Let's see if I can make it to the new dimension in hardcore mode.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #957 on: 26 Oct 2011, 12:03 »

whoa
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #958 on: 26 Oct 2011, 15:45 »

I think there was a fix for that problem not long ago, but it might not have made it into 1.8.1. Experience orbs are now grouped in subsequent prime numbers.
This may or may not explain why jumping three times can fill the bar up

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #959 on: 26 Oct 2011, 16:43 »

Oh, right, I forgot all about that. Experience gotten from jumping is a testing feature that they forgot to remove. So that explains the ludicrous amounts of experience you're getting.

I guess jumping in lava is the way to go, then!
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #960 on: 29 Oct 2011, 16:27 »

Speaking of jumping into lava:

Potions of fire resistance? Best. Thing. Ever. Turns the Nether into a fuckin' holiday resort. You can jump into lava without a care in the world.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #961 on: 29 Oct 2011, 17:42 »

Speaking of the Nether, I was reading about an enchantment that lets you pick up blocks you normally can't, like grass and ice. With that ability, you can place grass and ice in the Nether to spread grass to dirt, and to get water sources, so terraforming the Nether is actually possible now.

In server news, Snalin's road to the far sea is epic.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #962 on: 30 Oct 2011, 08:07 »

and the basics is DONE!

Now I'll need bridges and the fences. They'll take time too, but at least for now the road is mapped out, so I won't have to do that again. If anyone is good with bridges (Jimor...), feel free to make one or two.

EDIT:

stuff's coming along nicely. Also check out the first bridge Jimor did, it's amazing. Just before the tunnel on the road to the Far Seas.

We should place a sign or something, "welcome to the Far Seas". Great name.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2011, 07:25 by snalin »

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #963 on: 08 Nov 2011, 21:11 »

Guys! Guys! Guys! GUUUUUYS!!!!!

I found a stronghold! And you'll never believe where. I've left it alone for now, I just found the mossy stone brick and other signs of it before heading back to report the news. I'll guide anybody I see in game to it, but I'll avoid forum spoilers for the moment. This is probably something we should decide server-wide exactly what were going to do with it, plus some of the features may be more important once we get upgraded to the full game.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #964 on: 08 Nov 2011, 23:12 »

awsmmm.

If the server spawning algorithm places it the same place every time, we should probably delete that part from the map after release, so we can reload it and have it include the new things, primarily the portal to the End.

EDIT: I found a lava lake intersecting a cave intersecting a stronghold intersecting a ravine, picking up 13 diamonds on the way. YSSS
« Last Edit: 09 Nov 2011, 01:49 by snalin »

ackblom12

« Reply #965 on: 18 Nov 2011, 16:00 »

http://www.M/F.com/file/nao9yd0r0o6vc6b/11-18-2011.rar

New map is uploaded! Will be doing the upgrade to 1.0 tonight as well.

Edit: Updated!
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2011, 16:12 by ackblom12 »

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #966 on: 19 Nov 2011, 10:11 »

By sheer luck I managed to guess/remember my Minecraft password, which wasn't saved to this computer. So I can play Minecraft online on my laptop again, woo!

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #967 on: 19 Nov 2011, 11:35 »

"The server responded with an invalid server key"

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #968 on: 19 Nov 2011, 11:52 »

*facepalm*

Well, Mollstam says to keep trying and it'll eventually work.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #969 on: 23 Nov 2011, 13:30 »

Holy fucking shit the endermen are scary now. Freaky as shit sounds, and teleporting away before charging back in. And they have a ton more HP too. Jeeez.

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #970 on: 23 Nov 2011, 14:00 »

yeah, i really like the endermen now :D  and, you absolutely can't hit them ranged, either.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #971 on: 23 Nov 2011, 16:53 »

I found one in a cave, beat on it a few times with my sword, and then it teleported away. I don't know where it is.

ibrahimdelil

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #972 on: 30 Nov 2011, 01:34 »

oh, hey guys, i've been making these, hope you like them!

When I am with you, we stay up all night.
When you're not here, I can't go to sleep.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #973 on: 30 Nov 2011, 02:53 »

WHAT. That is amazing!

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #974 on: 30 Nov 2011, 11:51 »

Beautiful! Did you make the image converter program thingy?

ackblom12

« Reply #975 on: 30 Nov 2011, 12:08 »

Holy shit, let me know when that's finished up so I can gnab it.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #976 on: 30 Nov 2011, 15:35 »

That is freakin' amazing! Can't wait to see more.

On server, I've been working on sheep pens, one for each color since once you dye their wool, they breed true to that color.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #977 on: 30 Nov 2011, 15:43 »

Wow, sheep reproduce colored lambs now? That's cool, they didn't do that in the prereleases.

And it even uses cartesian genetics, haha.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #978 on: 03 Dec 2011, 18:21 »

Woot, found a Nether Fortress not terribly far from the Far Sea end of the nether railway. I'll work on marking a path, then securing it for easier travel to the fortress for brewing supplies. Fortunately, the exposed parts are at least over "dry" land, no tightrope walking over lava lakes.

This means we don't need to reset the Nether to get new content, thus losing the work on the railway. There's still an open question about needing to reset Stronghold chunks to get new content that they may have, but I think it's still possible that the other 2 are in unexplored territory.

Edit: and my rainbow sheep ranch is now complete.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2011, 18:54 by Jimor »

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #979 on: 04 Dec 2011, 03:26 »

Still not at gay as Twilight?

I found the leftovers of somebody getting blown to bits by a creeper in the forest close to the close-to-spawn swamp. Put it in a chest right on top of the crater. Just to let you know.

Has anyone found a good way to prevent animals from piggybacking out of their enclosures? They seem to be squeezed between each other, and then be popped up on top of the fences. So now a pig is in my cow-enclosure, and I have no idea of how I'm going to get it out of there without just outright killing it, and I only had two pigs.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #980 on: 04 Dec 2011, 11:16 »

Would a 2.5 block tall double fence be tall enough? (You could also dig the pen down 1 block for the same effect, but it won't look as good.)

ackblom12

« Reply #981 on: 04 Dec 2011, 12:16 »

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #982 on: 04 Dec 2011, 12:35 »

Already got a double fence. That didn't work either :(

ackblom12

« Reply #983 on: 04 Dec 2011, 12:37 »

Minecraft: The Great Escape

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #984 on: 04 Dec 2011, 14:26 »

My sheep pen design seems to work for escape prevention. What seems to happen is a combination of the animals squeezing each other forcing them to piggyback, and server-side collision detection I think. When part of an animal gets "inside" the fence or wall block, it's raised above them all to avoid suffocation damage, which is why simply building taller doesn't work. With fences, they'll seem to be on top, but the game appears to keep track of which side they're on, so they usually don't escape when you're around. The problem appears to happen when the chunk is first loaded in, and the game has either lost track of which side of the fence it's on, or the fences load in after the animal, giving it a brief opportunity to cross the line to "outside".

What I've done is to build my pens with a stepped fence. The outer ring is a block with a fence on top, and then an inner ring that's just single-high fence. This way, they can pop up to the top all they like. They'll still mostly stay on their side of the line, but on the occasions where loading give them a chance to escape, they'll ALSO have to pull the same maneuver over the 2nd higher fence. I haven't seen it happen yet. My other trick is that with the gates, I've created an airlock system where 2 different pens feed to the same smaller entrance/exit pen, which has another gate leading to outside. In any case where the server delay allows sheep to escape into the exit pen, they'd still have to pull the same trick in the right place again to get completely out. So I won't call my system escape proof, just escape resistant. So far, I haven't even had one get into the exit pen unless it snuck in after me (if they jump up on the gate when you close it, they can freely cross the line either way just like we can when we close it with ourselves still within that block).

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #985 on: 06 Dec 2011, 11:08 »

Woot, found a Nether Fortress not terribly far from the Far Sea end of the nether railway. I'll work on marking a path, then securing it for easier travel to the fortress for brewing supplies. Fortunately, the exposed parts are at least over "dry" land, no tightrope walking over lava lakes.

I'm planning a new structure, and I'll probably need 2-3 stacks of netherbrick. Anyone objecting to me taking it from that fortress?

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #986 on: 06 Dec 2011, 20:38 »

Take away, there's so much of it. I have a pretty good basic base established just outside (within the last tunnel section). Netherwart farm, small tree farm, chicken farm (for food, and feathers for arrows), and small wheat farm. Brewing stand, cauldron, crafting table, furnace, and chests. There's a wing of netherrack to the left approaching the fortress that I've tunneled into for other various rooms, but everybody feel free to burrow any which way for your own thing. I also restocked the seaport above the portal with wood to make boats from. The main thing the brewing stand needs is a bunch of water buckets to refill the cauldron as needed.

There are tunnels now for about 60-70% of the path from the portal room, and I'm working on stable cobble paths for the open area sections. Looks like there's also enough solid structure between them to build a fully enclosed railway if anybody is so inclined.

ackblom12

« Reply #987 on: 12 Dec 2011, 00:59 »

Hey guys, they moved us over to their new server node as of about 20 minutes ago. White list is the same, nothing has been changed, so the new IP should work for you immediately.

IP: 199.15.236.51

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #988 on: 12 Dec 2011, 03:47 »

has anyone seen any snow anywhere? I want some snowmen guards here and there.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #989 on: 12 Dec 2011, 11:24 »

There's a small patch of snow to the southeast of the bridge I built on your road. (I'm using directions based on the new sun path that follows the clouds and sets over the Far Sea, so that way is West to me now).

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #990 on: 16 Dec 2011, 11:02 »

I built a lighthouse on the northern end of the Far Sea island settlement. Underneath it is a huge cavern expanse that's very broken up and hard to navigate (more holes and dropoffs instead of meandering caves). I've died around 10 times down there, losing about 4 diamond swords and pickaxes among other tools/resources. BUT! I came across 2 giant slimes, and managed to get 18 slimeballs out of them. I'm hoping slime spawning down there will be a regular occurrence.

In the meantime, if you want some slimeballs for your potions or sticky piston, they're stored in my Far Sea house in the chest next to the brewing stand. I temporarily ask for a 1-to-1 exchange of diamond for them so I can replace what I've lost down in that cave. Also feel free to spelunk under the lighthouse to search for your own slimes. Any help down there lighting up the place and making easier paths to the bottom would be appreciated! I'm determined to conquer that place now that it's thrown down like that.

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #991 on: 16 Dec 2011, 14:07 »

can you give coordinates for that cave?  I'll go down and try my darndest to light it up tonight.  If we could get a reliable slime spawning chunk that'd be awesome!

I found a zombie spawner right next to a spider spawner this morning.  i plan on trying to make the zombie one into an xp grinder eventually. 

does anyone know what happens when a piston tries to push a spawner?  does it destroy it, or push it?

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #992 on: 16 Dec 2011, 14:47 »

x=-2825, z=-177. Or if you're coming into the Far Sea settlement island from the road, take a right after you reach the covered dock.

There's a passage underneath the lighthouse that leads down. My guess is the slime area is more around where z=-225 or so. Several large open rooms connected together in various difficult ways.

Looks like spawners cannot be moved at all, and while the wiki didn't say so, wouldn't break either, just that the piston wouldn't work.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #993 on: 18 Dec 2011, 12:53 »

Uh, I forgot to say, but one of the caves under my fortress apparently has slimes. If you go down the long stairway all the way to almost bedrock, and then take the left path, it's around one of the lava seas.

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #994 on: 19 Dec 2011, 19:09 »

I'm getting an invalid server key right now -- anyone else experiencing that?
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #995 on: 19 Dec 2011, 19:28 »

Seems to happen just over half the times I try to enter. A refresh of your server page might work, but usually not, I usually have to close the launcher down and restart, or bounce in and out of another server to make the QC server get recognized for a new try.

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #996 on: 19 Dec 2011, 20:40 »

I complained about this before and Snalin pointed me in the direction of this, a mod which fixes one small check which kept throwing overflows.  Install it like any mod (delete meta-inf, etc, etc).

before this, I'd do what Jimor says, jump to another server or single player for a few minutes and then try again

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #997 on: 20 Dec 2011, 03:45 »

It's a bug, simple as that. The rate at which they are introduced makes me suspicious about the testing practices of Mojang.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #998 on: 20 Dec 2011, 03:51 »

they don't have many and mostly rely on the players reporting bugs on the forums?

ackblom12

« Reply #999 on: 20 Dec 2011, 14:59 »

Alright, some of the login problems folks have been having might actually be due to a DOS attack that the Kerplunc servers have been hit with recently, and is currently being blamed on why I can't access the SFTP server at the moment. Nothing has totally dropped, though this means I won't be able to update the map until I get back from family things (bleh) next week, but it might have some service hiccups until the DOS folks get bored.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28   Go Up