Full Disclosure, Crazy Bitch and Sense of Timing
- 2 (3.9%)
"The first genuinely Nice Guy" she's been with
- 0 (0%)
"I love you." "I love you too."
- 10 (19.6%)
"LESS TALKING MORE HOT MAKE-UP SEX"
- 16 (31.4%)
Whole Social Circle imploding over no PANTS!
- 13 (25.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT - 6-10 September 2010 (1746-1750)  (Read 111673 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Re: WCDT - 6-10 September 2010
« Reply #350 on: 14 Sep 2010, 18:56 »

I'd like to get a tattoo eventually, the problem is finding something I want for life.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.
« Reply #351 on: 15 Sep 2010, 01:49 »

Burn anyone's book? I would never! Sic the Deep Ones on them, steal their rug, trap them in a weird cube full of puzzles, sure, but book burning? Please. I may be a zealot, but some things are just wrong...Not as wrong as heretical apostrophes, but wrong, nonetheless.

(*Disclaimer: I make my Orthodox Cthulhian rants in all good humor and with tongue planted firmly in cheek, just so we all know and I'm not hella offending anyone.)
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #352 on: 15 Sep 2010, 14:28 »

OK, in the interest of spurring further discussion, I'm gonna share the near-horrifying thought I had whilst test driving a car today:
What's the strongest sign Marten can give Dora that he's not going to cheat on her, leave her, or trash their relationship in any other way?  
I don't think Jeph's going there, not yet.  At least, I hope that's not where this is heading before a lot more gets resolved.  

So, maybe 2025 or so?  Of course, if everyone waited until they were ready, it would never happen...

Um...   I think I see what Carl was hinting at, but no one seems to have gone there...

The awful, dangerous, shocking, deeply frightening, outlandishly radical, massively matriarchal (or patriarchal?), male-soul-destroying institution that got a lot of teeth gnashing a few pages ago....   [near-horrifying, indeed!]

(Dare i say it..?)   Hint: if everyone waited til they were ready, it would never happen...  

Yes,                "Marriage."

Imagine, if you will, a universe in which Marten (at some point in the future, I don't think any of us are nearly ready for it) decides to propose to Dora...  (No! I don't see it either! It's just a remote possibility that would, probably, reassure Dora, move the uber-plot forward, display massive character development, trigger a massive fanservicey (for the female readers) wedding arc, etc, etc.) 

( I'm Not Ready!!! )   :-o
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2010, 14:41 by tomart »
Irresponsible Adult GOM

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #353 on: 15 Sep 2010, 15:11 »

Jeph said once that none of his characters were remotely ready to get married, but (A) he said that a long time ago, (B) they might not wait until they're ready.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #354 on: 16 Sep 2010, 00:51 »

$20 bucks says that Pintsize is actually married to a network server in Mexico and never told anyone.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #355 on: 16 Sep 2010, 09:07 »

It reminds me of when Kennedy said "one means 'danger,' and the other means 'opportunity'" - well, yes, because it's an opportunity for danger!  That's what a crisis is!
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #356 on: 16 Sep 2010, 15:57 »

It reminds me of when Kennedy said "one means 'danger,' and the other means 'opportunity'" - well, yes, because it's an opportunity for danger!  That's what a crisis is!
I assume you're referring to this JFK quotation: "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity." There is only one problem with his remark. It is wrong.

The Chinese word for "crisis" is not, repeat not, repeat NOT made up of characters meaning "danger" and "opportunity". You don't have to take my word for it; Go and read this article, or this one, or this Wikipedia entry.
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2010, 16:27 by Akima »
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #357 on: 17 Sep 2010, 18:51 »

It's probably one of those old myths like the one about the Chinese character for trouble.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #358 on: 18 Sep 2010, 02:55 »

If you mean. "May you live in 'interesting times,'" the Kennedys were in on that, too.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #359 on: 18 Sep 2010, 03:00 »

Yeah, but the good old Jam Doughnut wasn't exactly known for getting full marks in other languages, was he?
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up