THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 13:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Humble Indie Bundle 2  (Read 3050 times)

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
Humble Indie Bundle 2
« on: 15 Dec 2010, 09:31 »

So, there's the second Humble Indie Bundle out now (it's not quite so humble anymore, but there's still money going to charity and a lot of good games to be getting.)

this one has:
Braid
Cortex Command
Machinarium
Osmos
and Revenge of the Titans

I just bought it cause the last one was so awesome and I've heard good things about Braid and Machinarium.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

Eternal_Newbie

• Balloon animal serial killer
Re: Humble Indie Bundle 2
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2010, 12:13 »

Thanks for the heads-up. I certainly didn't regret donating for the first Humble Indie Bundle and it looks like there is some great stuff in this one as well.
"Microsoft Kills Santa Claus" - The Register

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2010, 13:05 »

I never heard of this the last time around, but then again, I was off the radar overseas. I played the Braid demo and it is incredibly fun, so to pick that up alone and donate to charity would be worth it.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 2010, 13:07 »

I really only liked World of Goo from the first one (and Penumbra, but I suck/am too good at horror games), but that one alone was worth every penny. I've been wanting to play braid for a long time, and the other games looked brilliant, so I think I'll go right ahead and buy this one.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2010, 15:42 »

I had already bought world of goo before the last humble indie bundle.  The game that made the first one for me was Lugaru.  It was just so crazy fun and intense while still having simplistic controls.  THe rest of the games were fun, but mostly just minor distractions--I kept returning to Lugaru (ok, penumbra was a bit more than just a minor distraction, but whatever)

Braid is crazy fun on this one.  I've not gotten around to installing the others yet.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #5 on: 15 Dec 2010, 18:43 »

Unfortunately the only thing that interests me out of this is Braid, and I already own that, so I think I'm sitting this one out.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #6 on: 15 Dec 2010, 20:08 »

Holy shit, Osmose is such a pretty game to look at (doesn't hurt that it is fun)

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #7 on: 16 Dec 2010, 01:43 »

Guys, you should get this because donating to people for charity and such is awesome.
Also, the EFF is basically what fights for our right to have an internet forum.

Among other things, Machinarium is likely my favorite point-and-click adventure game to come out in quite a while.
Although those Sam and Max episodes are pretty great, Machinarium is such a tight little package of a well-realized, succinct world and simplistic narrative that it comes out as a better game in the long run. I do like what Telltale does a bunch though.

Edit: Also, if you liked Penumbra, you should all check out that team's most recent game Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It's a pretty great evolution of all of the ideas in the Penumbra series with a more Lovecraftian horror feel. Here's the in-game trailer. It looks a bunch better than Penumbra as well. This is all while ignoring that the hand holding the lantern looks like a hoof of course.

2nd Edit: Hmm. This might be a bit better.
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2010, 01:49 by MusicScribbles »
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #8 on: 22 Dec 2010, 09:16 »

Interesting tidbit just showed up in my inbox this morning: for donating to Humble Bundle 2, they've gifted all the games from Humble Bundle 1 as well. EDIT: Only if you pay more than the typical customer so they can bring up the average price, which is currently about $7.40.
« Last Edit: 22 Dec 2010, 10:37 by imagist42 »
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #9 on: 22 Dec 2010, 14:21 »

I'd already gotten them, but it's still nice!

Gonna buy this as christmas present for a friend, it's pretty cool to be able to buy ten games for ten bucks, if this stays up.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #10 on: 30 Dec 2010, 16:27 »

Just finished Machinarium - it's pretty awesome. Reminds me a lot of the brilliant, brilliant Under a Steel Sky, and it's a kind of setting I'd really like to play a full length game in. 2d/3d platformer adventure, perhaps, or something like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up