He may be a perfect gentleman, causing them to worry what he's really up to
- 16 (27.1%)
He or Hanners may ask for a second date
- 21 (35.6%)
They're already worried, he doesn't have to do anything
- 22 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT 20-24 Sep 10  (Read 84878 times)

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
Re: WCT 20-24 Sep 10
« Reply #250 on: 26 Sep 2010, 12:54 »

In all honesty, the food thing is more germaphobia (properly mysophobia) than OCD.  The two can go hand in hand, such as in the commonly known handwashing OCD, but they are not necessarily conjoined.  Many germaphobes will obsess over it, and develop OCD symptoms, but a lot of OCD has nothing to do with cleanliness.  Much OCD behaviour centers around turning things on and off, to make sure they're off. 

A friend of mine would cook her breakfast, and found herself getting to work later and later because she'd have to go back home to make sure the stove was off.  Three or four times.  She just couldn't be sure.  It was beginning to get bad, and the first thing she did was outwit herself - she had me disconnect the stove for her, and got those microwave breakfast sandwiches.  Then she got a new stove she felt she could trust, and I rerouted the gas line so there was an accessable valve right beside the stove that she could shut off.  After that workaround though, she started obsessing about the water faucets. 

That's when she got some help.  She's a lot better now.  Still shuts off the gas for the stove when she's done cooking, though. 

Can't be too  careful! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

soonerdog

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #251 on: 27 Sep 2010, 11:15 »

Hanners in an eatery http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1399

(admittedly she doesn't seem to have touched anything, but I'm sure the staring was putting her off)

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #252 on: 27 Sep 2010, 12:52 »

In all honesty, the food thing is more germaphobia (properly mysophobia) than OCD.  The two can go hand in hand, such as in the commonly known handwashing OCD, but they are not necessarily conjoined.  Many germaphobes will obsess over it, and develop OCD symptoms, but a lot of OCD has nothing to do with cleanliness.  Much OCD behaviour centers around turning things on and off, to make sure they're off. 

A friend of mine would cook her breakfast, and found herself getting to work later and later because she'd have to go back home to make sure the stove was off.  Three or four times.  She just couldn't be sure.  It was beginning to get bad, and the first thing she did was outwit herself - she had me disconnect the stove for her, and got those microwave breakfast sandwiches.  Then she got a new stove she felt she could trust, and I rerouted the gas line so there was an accessable valve right beside the stove that she could shut off.  After that workaround though, she started obsessing about the water faucets. 

That's when she got some help.  She's a lot better now.  Still shuts off the gas for the stove when she's done cooking, though. 

Can't be too  careful! 
I thought the point of all that was that you can.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #253 on: 27 Sep 2010, 14:05 »

:-D
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #254 on: 27 Sep 2010, 16:21 »

Got to admit, the new avatar works well with the motto.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #255 on: 27 Sep 2010, 20:00 »

Man, I only recognize people by their avatars; I would never have known it was Carl if you hadn't brought it up.

That said, I like the new one much better than the old one.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #256 on: 27 Sep 2010, 21:56 »

:-D

Here's lookin' at you kid.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #257 on: 27 Sep 2010, 23:25 »

Man, I only recognize people by their avatars

So how many people am I?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #258 on: 28 Sep 2010, 00:05 »

Legion. The question is, is anyone surprised by that?

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #259 on: 28 Sep 2010, 00:42 »

Got to admit, the new avatar works well with the motto.
Down these mean threads a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid.  :-)
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #260 on: 30 Sep 2010, 12:01 »

Jesus Christ on a beanpole!

I prefer, "Christ on a fucking stick!" but it's only a preference, and the end result is basically the same sentiment.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #261 on: 30 Sep 2010, 12:36 »

I actually think I made that one up myself. And I don't even want to know what a 'fucking stick' is.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up