THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An Excursion to the District of Columbia  (Read 2946 times)

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
An Excursion to the District of Columbia
« on: 08 Oct 2010, 13:08 »

So it looks like I may be heading to DC on the 28th or 29th and hanging out till around the 31st, for the whole Jon Stewart rally thing. I have some old friends I am going to see as well.

If you are in or will be in the DC area around that time, let me know and we can sit and rap for awhile, maybe grab some food. We were thinking of getting a hotel room but crash space would be much appreciated / compensated!
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
Re: An Excursion to the District of Columbia
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2010, 16:42 »

i might actually be in town for that rally, if i can get a ride!

im probably gonna crash with a friend though myself, so bhhhhhhhh
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #2 on: 08 Oct 2010, 17:09 »

My fiancee and I were thinking of going to the rally but I think we have plans for Halloween.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #3 on: 08 Oct 2010, 19:39 »

I'm around, but I'm boring.  If no one exciting steps up to the plate, I'll happily play tour guide or something.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2010, 08:14 »

I'll be around probably, was thinking about going to the rally anyway so this might be a pretty cool thing, I know you live out in the middle of nowhere beyond Frederick Sean but if you need a ride and wouldn't mind throwing a couple bucks I can probably scoop you from your hippie town.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2010, 11:03 »

While you are in town you should venture out to the wilds of Olney, MD and go to the haunted trail I'll be stuck working at. I promise to do my best to scare you? Maybe we will have some free time to hang out but probably we'll be working like crazy people all week. I hear there is going to be a sweet Halloween thing out in Annapolis at the US Naval Academy's chapel (assuming the setup doesn't kill us).
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2010, 13:38 »

I have an apartment in DC that has plenty of crash space because we're in the process of moving out of it. Most of our stuff is all out, but we have the lease through the end of October. I think we'll be throwing a Halloween party there that weekend, so we'd potentially be in the area instead of at our new place in VA. PM me for address/cell number if you think you'd genuinely need a crash spot! I've offered to a lot of people on here in the 2 years we've been in the city but no one has ended up needing to stay.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2010, 20:44 »

Dunno how much I can commit to right this second, but Becca (I is Grammar) and I are going to the rally on the 30th, and our fridays are pretty open, so something tells me if plans were made for the day before the rally, we'd probably be there.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up