THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 11:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey, fellow "newbies", not that I'm trying to make trouble or anything...  (Read 3537 times)

jackmort

• Emoticontraindication

but did anyone else find the rules for new members a bit fucking patronising?
just when you think things are never going to get better, they suddenly get worse

Olymander

• Larger than most fish

Not really, but I've read through some pretty bad forums where (enforced!) rules like that would have solved many problems.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria

You mean the "Forum Rules" thread that Jeph created? He did write it pretty sardonically, but the gist of it is "Please don't be a dick, here are our standards of dickery." Some of it also applies pretty loosely, since Jeph himself hasn't been seen 'round these parts in some time. The most important part of it is the advice to lurk for a while and get a feel for the place before gently easing in. You've been doing great with post quality so far, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria

Anyway it's not really enforced

I was gonna say this, but...

tells you not to post gore

I didn't want anyone getting the wrong impression
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

Anyway it's not really enforced

HEY ARE YOU CALLING ME LAZY?!

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L

Please take into consideration that there are some people for whom those rules aren't completely obvious, eg: the many many people I have had to ban for breaking said rules and/or just generally being jerks to everyone.

jackmort

• Emoticontraindication

Yeah, I guess the rules are all things that need to be said, it's just that I've been posting on forums for a decade, but because I'm new to this particular forum I'm treated like a 13 year old troll, or something
to be honest I was half-drunk when I made the topic and some guy had just called me a noob and told me to go back to lurking

I suppose I might know I'm not a dick, but from a moderator's point of view I'm just a name on a screen
I will endeavor not shit on your rules
thank you for not mocking
just when you think things are never going to get better, they suddenly get worse
Pages: [1]   Go Up