THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 07:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sick Day  (Read 6320 times)

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Re: Sick Day
« Reply #50 on: 17 Nov 2010, 22:16 »

We should all just have our digestive systems replaced by the digestives systems of dogs. Dogs can eat damn well anything and not get sick.

Except chocolate. Hmm.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #51 on: 17 Nov 2010, 22:25 »

my dog would actually get pretty sick whenever he ate stuff he found on the ground like dead birds and cigarette butts and garbage. in fact, i think the only thing he could eat that wouldn't make him sick was poo. if you really want to eat poo and you feel like that's worth the trade-off for chocolate... i dunno man, it's your life i guess
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #52 on: 17 Nov 2010, 22:38 »

Faildog.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #53 on: 17 Nov 2010, 22:38 »

(I'm sure he was a lovely dog.)

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #54 on: 17 Nov 2010, 22:43 »

oh he's still around, he just lives with my parents and is like two hundred years old and basically just eats and sleeps and throws up all the time

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #55 on: 18 Nov 2010, 00:41 »

Yes, tea. Always tea. Black, with lemon and honey.
I endorse tea, though I prefer it Chinese style. Also Hot Sour Soup. My Grandma prescribes Hot Sour Soup for everything. It's like Jewish chicken soup, except Chinese.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #56 on: 18 Nov 2010, 07:48 »

I have mentioned this before, but I pretty much have an immune system of steel. I just get sinus infections because I am allergic to dust, pollen, and mold, which unless I'm in a bubble, makes me allergic to everything. Yay! So if one of you genetic super humans WITHOUT allergies wants to procreate and have super babies, let me know. We can make an army that will never get sick and take over the world.

:psyduck:
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Van donk III

• Furry furrier
  • eyeballs.
    • DNKimage
« Reply #57 on: 18 Nov 2010, 10:57 »

We can make an army that will never get sick and take over the world.

I'm exactly the same, sinus wise. Breathe no germs, get no sickness. We could make an army per se, but I'm married............so it'll have to be your place. yuk yuk yuk :-D

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #58 on: 18 Nov 2010, 11:22 »

I am fairly permanently low-level sick, in that I have some kind of food allergy but I don't know what to, so I get stomach ache all the time, but I don't really consider that to be sick because it's my normal state. Other than that I get colds sometimes but I just carry tissues and ignore it.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #59 on: 18 Nov 2010, 20:03 »

Dear Sick Day thread,
Today I am having a sick day. I had a headache this morning, but that was most likely due to the fact that I consumed copious amounts of beer last night.
Anyway the boy is here so we spent all day in bed. I don't have a headache any more!
Love
Lunchy

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #60 on: 18 Nov 2010, 20:55 »

That sounds like the best kind of sick day.

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #61 on: 19 Nov 2010, 10:16 »

i worked yesterday from 9am-3:30pm, and then 11pm-9am this morning. so i'm supposed to be off for the rest of the day but we are short-handed this week and it's stressing me out to NOT be at the office because i know there is so much i could be helping with. i slept for 3 hours but now i'm awake and still exhausted. i guess this is kind of like a sick day without being sick... i will try to enjoy it!

rae

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #62 on: 19 Nov 2010, 11:46 »

I get migraines quite lot, but not as severely as I used to. My usual thing is just take a hot shower and sleep until it eases off. My doctor did give me anti nausea tablets but they tasted so disgusting that I threw up anyway.

I've had two bad colds in the last 6 weeks. Only way to deal with them is lots of tea (any kind, all tea is good) and sleep. I don't really feel like eating when I'm unwell.
Mook.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #63 on: 19 Nov 2010, 13:57 »

Oh no, I hate you guys.

I have the beginning of what looks like it'll be a really shitty cold. I hate you all, I jinxed myself.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #64 on: 19 Nov 2010, 14:40 »

true story: from the time i posted in this thread to now i was getting sick, then i got sick, and then my superhuman immune system purged it entirely from my body in the form of giant globs of snot within a single day. by the time i woke up this morning my life was awesome again.

this pretty much illustrates my typical sick day. thanks supergenes!

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #65 on: 19 Nov 2010, 16:50 »

I used to basically be sick in some form or another from the moment it got even slightly cold to the end of spring, just coughing and stuffed up and miserable, but never miserable enough to justify days off (I think I've taken about three or four in my entire working life). Then a couple of years ago it pretty much stopped, which is weird because I'm treating my body way worse than I ever used to. I think I got tougher!  ?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up