THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 08:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few brief notes on how to join the QC forum  (Read 5835 times)

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
A few brief notes on how to join the QC forum
« on: 21 Jun 2010, 06:40 »

Hi everyone,

As a lot of you will know, at the moment we here at the QC forum are labouring under something of a software malfunction; specifically, notification emails aren't going out. This is a particular problem for people who are trying to create an account on the forum: the email containing your activation password never gets sent, or never arrives, or basically just doesn't happen, and without the password obviously you can't activate your account, so you can't join the forum.

Fortunately, the forum admins can activate accounts manually. (Obviously it's not their favourite thing to do in the world and they don't want to be doing this 24/7, but they have the technology.) So if you can figure out a way to contact an admin (there's a thread around somewhere listing them all, though it may be a bit out of date, sorry) they should be able to help you; alternatively, you can do what a lot of folks have been doing and email me at harry_up_north(at)yahoo-dot-com-dot-au (sorry for all the cloak-and-dagger, I don't really want to post my email address in a usable format on a public forum, for reasons which I hope are obvious) and I can get in touch with an admin on your behalf.

Other mods, admins, if you'd like to post your contact details too so I'm not doing this all by myself, that'd be lovely.

Thankyou for your patience!
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2010, 06:42 by Inlander »

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
Re: A few brief notes on how to join the QC forum
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2010, 12:38 »

Aaaaand apparently, this has been sorted as of today (October 13, 2010).
Quote from: Is it cold in here?:
Some things are most easily explained by the hypothesis that it's just a fictional comedy with things exaggerated for comic effect. However, this explanation is too boring for us to accept it just because it's true.

Ashton

• Admin emeritus
  • Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2010, 23:55 »

'twas sorted before that, but yes, it is working now.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2010, 05:26 »

Oh hey I'm glad this was finally sorted out and I don't have to facilitate anything any more because I'm a really, really bad procrastinator. Like, pathological.

Sorry everyone!

AnAverageWriter

« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2010, 14:06 »

Thank you very much for fixing the sign-up system. I've been reading QC for a rather long time (SUCH a fan of Marigold) and no amount of anything seemed to have been working up until now.

Huzzah!

Dragon28

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #5 on: 07 Nov 2010, 22:48 »

Great to see this fixed, I could finally register!
Pages: [1]   Go Up