THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Bioware's New Game: It's Mass Effect 3.  (Read 81969 times)

ackblom12

Re: Bioware's New Game: It's Mass Effect 3.
« Reply #100 on: 13 Dec 2010, 18:33 »

This is actually a series where I want the company to rape and pillage the universe for all it's worth. I want a "First Contact War" game. I want a game set during the "Krogan Rebellion" and "Rachni Wars." It's easily one of the best and well fleshed out sci-fi universes I've seen in a very long time and I want more game exploring it and with the vast number of things they could go into they could even do it in just about any genre of game they wanted.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #101 on: 13 Dec 2010, 18:52 »

Agreed.

Exploit this franchise, Bioware/EA. Show no mercy.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

ArcAirbender

• Emoticontraindication
  • Anthrōpos metron
« Reply #102 on: 13 Dec 2010, 18:53 »

When I was a child I had the opportunity to watch Star Wars remastered at the cinema. This was a few years before the new trilogy hit. I, as you, wanted more of that Universe. After a few experiences similar to Star Wars, I learned to love short lived I.P.'s

It's easily one of the best and well fleshed out sci-fi universes I've seen in a very long time....
I'm left to wonder how much of that is because the Mass Effect Universe has not been explored and the gaps are being filled with each person's imagination.

There are no big revelations from my part. I do not know if an I.P. should be handled with a lot of different writers and opinions, maybe the opposite: a one person's vision with an iron fist policy, or something in between.
I do know I don't want Mass Effect to become the next Halo.

You most likely get your wish though, if trends are any indication.
Quoted from: Inlander on July 29, 2008, 08:41:49 AM
Man, why is every new person who disagrees with group opinion on this forum suddenly and automatically branded a troll? I don't get it, and I don't like it. Homogeneity is the enemy of intellect, people

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #103 on: 13 Dec 2010, 19:05 »

I'm pretty sure that Bioware has said that this the end of Shepard's trilogy but not of the Mass Effect Universe. 

tHEfOOL

• Larger than most fish
  • TAQUITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bioware's New Game
« Reply #104 on: 13 Dec 2010, 19:57 »

For the final chapter it is in my hopes that the game won't lose focus on the main objective: tell a great interactive story. That means no multiplayer please! We already have a dime a dozen. No more "pleasing the Halo/GoW" crowd either! Not if it implies budget cuts at their story depth. I'm not into M.E. for the take-cover system.

Also, as neomang5 implied, I want to see more from other alien cultures and how they work. I wish for the "earth scene" to be a starter or middle event, and not the grand finale. I don't mind a little "we humans are important too" flavour to the mix. Lets just hope it isn't the main course. Shepard's "death" was the start of M.E. 2, and I hope Earth's invasion is M.E. 3 start as well.

i agree completley with everything you just said, but most strongly with the NO MULTIPLAYER PLEASE point. unless it is going to be coperative campaign where your friends can play as the squadmates then please don't sully a perfectly good game by slapping some stupid competitive mode on to the end. i play video games for the story and on a game like this adding a multiplayer mode would do nothing more than mean the people making the game have less time to bang out the awesome story mode and check for bugs and glitches and stuff.
I will mail a flaming box of poop to the first person who suggests I "haven't met the right person".

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #105 on: 13 Dec 2010, 22:35 »

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and it's fucking brilliant multiplayer alongside its wonderful single player would like you to understand that that's not always the case.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #106 on: 13 Dec 2010, 23:10 »

Brotherhood is a perfect example of how EA should approach their social gaming dreams.

ArcAirbender

• Emoticontraindication
  • Anthrōpos metron
« Reply #107 on: 13 Dec 2010, 23:24 »

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and it's fucking brilliant multiplayer alongside its wonderful single player would like you to understand that that's not always the case.
And yet, it is the case most of the times.

A multiplayer portion will require a daunting amount of resources (including time), the engine doesn't seem very fit for a high frame gameplay experience, and more to the point: Mass Effect has been built around the single player experience crowd in mind.

I could not care less even if the multiplayer portion was built to be a masterpiece.
And I'm not even a misanthrope.
The cold, hard fact is that I do not go to Mass Effect to be competitive, meet new people, or do the same repetitive task over and over again until I lose my mind for the same reason I do not go to the gym to order a hamburger.
We already have great games for that.

Moreover, I think it would be better if you build a game to be multiplayer from scratch: that way you don't have to bend over backwards the story just to fit some marketing* director asinine sellout concept. Why can't a game remain specialized to an area?
Better to be King of something than a Jack of all trades.

* or whatever other division.
Man, why is every new person who disagrees with group opinion on this forum suddenly and automatically branded a troll? I don't get it, and I don't like it. Homogeneity is the enemy of intellect, people

tHEfOOL

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #108 on: 14 Dec 2010, 00:34 »

yup that's why even though i absolutley loved the first two games and played through them several times each. i am boycotting brotherhood thank you very much, that game didn't need some gimmickey multiplayer to detract from disk space thus making the part of the game that made it good shorter
I will mail a flaming box of poop to the first person who suggests I "haven't met the right person".

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #109 on: 14 Dec 2010, 01:46 »

It really is your loss, Brotherhood is a very good game.

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #110 on: 14 Dec 2010, 06:25 »

Yeah guys, I don't see how having multiplayer necessarily means they sacrifice quality in the rest of the game. Based on what I gather from credits and my general understanding of The Way Things Work, it's generally not the same people working on both parts. So it's not like someone's going to tell the story designers "fuck, we're running close to the deadline, you need to quit what you're doing and finish the multiplayer." Of course, the only company whose model I really understand is Blizzard, and they're the of the "wait till it's fucking finished the way we want it to be" mentality. That's how a supposed 1.5 year interval between WoW expansions turned into 2 years between WotLK and Cataclysm.

Also, disk space as a limitation is probably the dumbest argument at hand.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

ackblom12

« Reply #111 on: 14 Dec 2010, 07:34 »

yup that's why even though i absolutley loved the first two games and played through them several times each. i am boycotting brotherhood thank you very much, that game didn't need some gimmickey multiplayer to detract from disk space thus making the part of the game that made it good shorter

The single player is around 20 hours, same as the single player in the first two games. Stop your bitchin or at least bitch about something valid.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #112 on: 14 Dec 2010, 08:50 »

Man, if Brotherhood's multi is a gimmick, the video game industry would be much better off with more gimmicks. Clever as all fuck off.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #113 on: 14 Dec 2010, 10:19 »

It's at least 30 hrs if you take your time and do everything, I've played 70hrs of ACII.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #114 on: 14 Dec 2010, 10:21 »

Brotherhood is the business.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #115 on: 14 Dec 2010, 12:25 »

I'd be pretty happy with some kind of multi-player feature in the next Mass Effect as long as it doesn't harm the quality of the game, or it isn't thrown in last second like Fable 2.

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #116 on: 16 Dec 2010, 15:00 »

Apparently its not him, its just a rumour attached to the movie.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #118 on: 20 Dec 2010, 12:18 »

Confirmed: Poorly coded, designed game contributes idea for better developers.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #119 on: 20 Dec 2010, 12:25 »

Like Dragon Age with LotR, yeah?

Certainly better than "BIOWARE INVENTS INCREDIBLE NEW DIALOG SYSTEM, ARE BEST GAME GENIUSES *SMACK SMACK SMACK*"
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2010, 12:31 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #120 on: 20 Dec 2010, 12:46 »

Besides if you had actually played AP and had any sense in your fool head you would have realized that the Dialog Stance System was perfectly coded and brilliantly designed and executed.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to Bioware removing what was truly great about the system, the intricate choice and consequence. One of the best things they've said in the DA2  press push is that implementing content that most players won't see on a single playthrough is bad design.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #121 on: 20 Dec 2010, 13:30 »

I could see the one well-crafted experience philosophy paying dividends if and only if Bioware cast off things like the half-baked morality systems (which, is a possibility given that Dragon Age didn't have really have one) and committed themselves to having one story with one outcome. That way at least they could avoid the player character schizophrenia that sometimes plagues their titles. With that said, I'd be disappointed if they went that route. Bioware has claimed a niche in my gaming library largely because I've been willing to live with some warts in exchange for some off-kilter frills and (admittedly still rather shallow) replayability you don't see with many other developers. Their core game play design has frankly always been just weak enough that I'm not sure they can afford to be more like other developers if they really want to continue claiming a good share of my hard drive.
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2010, 13:42 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #122 on: 20 Dec 2010, 13:43 »

Confirmed: Poorly coded, designed game contributes idea for better developers.

Like Dragon Age with LotR, yeah?

Nah, this statement doesn't follow very well.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #123 on: 20 Dec 2010, 14:28 »

my foot's going to follow your head up your ass if you don't take back what you said about one of 2010's best games
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #124 on: 20 Dec 2010, 14:31 »

if you didn't like alpha protocol and mass effect 2 for like entirely different reasons on account of they both did entirely different things very, very well then Fuck You

well except for the thing they both did very well which was ownage writing

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #125 on: 20 Dec 2010, 15:59 »

Nah, man, AP is cool, I just like playing into John's weird little false Bioware vs Obsidian dichotomy he's got going up in his brain for no good reason
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #126 on: 20 Dec 2010, 21:27 »

Obsidian and Bioware both make great games that I very much enjoy playing and I do not understand why so many people feel it is necessary to pick a side
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

imagist42

• more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #127 on: 20 Dec 2010, 21:45 »

I swear I can't tell the difference between the two
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #128 on: 20 Dec 2010, 22:14 »

I Can't Believe It's Not Bioware!! You Can eat As Much Of This Shit As you Want and It's Not Bioware

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #129 on: 21 Dec 2010, 16:01 »

I hope we get the option to punch that turian council member in the face.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
« Reply #130 on: 21 Dec 2010, 16:30 »

Speculation Time!

Given the growing demand for the inclusion of Hanar and Eclor teammates, who thinks we'll get one or the other in the next game? Or maybe a Batarian, the spacists.

Also, Turian, Krogan and Salarian Females? I think we've already seen a Female Salarian (council member) they just have not confirmed it, but the others I feel are likely to show in the new game.

Thoughts? Wild Mass Guessing?
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #131 on: 21 Dec 2010, 17:13 »

Female Salarians and Krogans are kinda rare for reasons stated in the codex but hey maybe we'll see a female turian.
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2010, 17:17 by Zombiedude »

Mein Tumblr

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #132 on: 21 Dec 2010, 17:13 »

A female Salarian/Krogan companion will lead to a female empowerment/women's rights sub-plot. It is in inevitable.

tHEfOOL

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #133 on: 21 Dec 2010, 21:20 »

i wanna see a female turian/salarian teamate, but hell i'd be happy just to even SEE a female krogan :D

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #134 on: 21 Dec 2010, 23:22 »

There are female krogan in the Urdnot Camp in ME2. They look and sound just like males, if that's what you're wondering.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #135 on: 21 Dec 2010, 23:30 »

I thought that was a representative of the female camp who happened to be male.

Mein Tumblr

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #136 on: 22 Dec 2010, 01:08 »

I think ultimately I was disappointed by ME2. Assembling the crew was interesting but then the actual campaign was over in a moment and wasn't particular memorable either.

the ending mission was in a lot of ways, after you got done the cutscene into it, anticlimactic, but the game they built up to that was a lot of fun. if they can strike the balance between the stuff they did in this last game and the actual urgency or excitement that the main missions need, that'll be a hell of an accomplishment

neomang5

• Curry sauce
« Reply #137 on: 22 Dec 2010, 11:52 »

If I recall, it was a basically neutered male since he was the only one who could be a trusted representative and not just go around the female camp pillaging and raping. Mostly raping.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.
« Reply #138 on: 22 Dec 2010, 13:40 »

I'd like Anderson to bang out Udina again, then possibly the rest of the Council, before taking a comfortable seat by a window, lighting a fine cigar, and then nonchantly watch the Citadel get taken to pieces around him by the Reapers.

Then he sets off some sort of bomb, taking a few of the giant-cyborg-alien-ships with him.

Shepherd, lightyears away, tearfully swears revenge, then carries on with his mission to bum all of the Normandy's crew.

Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #139 on: 22 Dec 2010, 14:25 »

A female Salarian/Krogan companion will lead to a female empowerment/women's rights sub-plot. It is in inevitable.

Could you do this in New Vegas if you played for Ceasar?

It would also be a pretty bad idea to include it unless they skip the whole renegade/paragon scale for that one, unless they want to create more stupid media fuss than the first game.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #140 on: 22 Dec 2010, 18:30 »

If I recall, it was a basically neutered male since he was the only one who could be a trusted representative and not just go around the female camp pillaging and raping. Mostly raping.

I thought it was a female, but I couldn't really tell beyond the fact that her voice was a little different from the other Krogans.

I would love to have a Batarian teammate as part of the whole, "We must all come together," thing, but I have the feeling that he would constantly get shit on by everyone else.

tHEfOOL

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #141 on: 22 Dec 2010, 21:22 »

i liked how in the first game if you got a weapon with 3 upgrade slots you could put a bunch of heat sinks in it and it would never overheat. i want them to bring that back  :psyduck: d(o.o)b but seriously i'm hoping it is somewhere between the first one and the second one, if they can nail it perfectly it will be one of those games that everyone who plays video games needs to play at least once

neomang5

• Curry sauce
« Reply #142 on: 23 Dec 2010, 08:27 »

I would love to have a Batarian teammate as part of the whole, "We must all come together," thing, but I have the feeling that he would constantly get shit on by everyone else.

I know I would constantly be sending him out as my meatshield, for one. Batarians are really the jerks of the galaxy, moreso than the Turians even.

Also, they better not give me Tali and then take her away. She seriously needs overload back as well, so I can actually use her in combat.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #143 on: 23 Dec 2010, 14:48 »

It's not their fault, they come from a pretty closed society.

Then again most are just assholes and I want to shoot them in the face.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #144 on: 25 Dec 2010, 03:36 »

I reckon a new feature will be the ability to have a romance with everything and anything in the game.

Anderson, Udina, the entire council (at the same time), your pistol, a Helper, the Normandy, the Citadel...
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

ArcAirbender

• Emoticontraindication
  • Anthrōpos metron
« Reply #145 on: 25 Dec 2010, 12:47 »

There are female krogan in the Urdnot Camp in ME2. They look and sound just like males, if that's what you're wondering.

Are you sure about this? Mass Effect is one of the very few games I've ever obsessed about, and I don't recall seen a female Krogan nor a female Turian for that matter.
I've read in different places that this was due to technological limitations, and by now I'm seriously expecting some kind of galactic joke when the first female of both races (and some others) are introduced in Mass Effect 3.
The only resemblance of a female Krogan I saw was in an room where Mordin (the saladian doctor) founds a dead body of one female which was being experimented with. She was represented as a dead body completely covered, so the speculation remains.

I'm also expecting to see the bare face of the quarian race.
All in all, I might be expecting too much out of that franchise... yet I'm still hopeful Bioware can come through with this one.  :psyduck:

Sauce!
hxxp://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Krogan#Trivia
"Only one female krogan has been encountered thus far; she can be found during Mordin Solus' loyalty mission, lying dead on a table under a tarp. She is noticeably smaller than male krogan."

hxxp://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Turian#Trivia
"No female turians are seen in any of the current games. This, at least in the original Mass Effect, was because there was insufficient development time and memory budget to support two different versions of the same species."

Buttfranklin

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • bruce
« Reply #146 on: 26 Dec 2010, 23:19 »

Only like one female Turian has even been mentioned, as well.  The one that Garrus found impressive enough to spar with in the bedroom.
I tried to romance a lady photographer once. But it didn't work out because I could never understand about f-spots.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #147 on: 26 Dec 2010, 23:35 »

I think Garrus has a sister judging by the shadow broker dlc. It'd be rad if we could see her.

Mein Tumblr

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #148 on: 16 Jan 2011, 01:56 »

I just had a rather upsetting thought. You remember the Cerberus crewman who sent his family to earth in order to protect them?

Yeah...
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #149 on: 20 Jan 2011, 01:04 »

I reckon a new feature will be the ability to have a romance with everything and anything in the game.
 the Normandy,
not if joker has anything to say about it...  :wink:
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up