THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The end for Marten and Dora?  (Read 24610 times)

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
Re: The end for Marten and Dora?
« Reply #50 on: 05 Dec 2010, 06:48 »

Guys, Dora is trying to break up with Marten.  

Yeah, I'm bothered by that, too.      "When he finally stands up to her, she leaves."  /quote

I wonder if there's some dark corner of her mind that isn't satisfied with the passive, easy-going Marten?  Apparently all her other SO's were very different; what if she suspects she's not totally suited to a guy like him?   Could this be a fascinating example of better happiness (an actually nice guy who loves her!) maybe not making her "happy"?  Maybe (gasp!) she's already been thinking of leaving him, or feels backed into a corner and did it because it seems easier than working through her issues and becoming accountable and responsible for positive change.

What I'm suggesting is that (once again) she's not being completely straight with him (or herself, probably.)  Maybe there's more that's problematic between them than she's expressing.  People often leave out, don't realize clearly, or just avoid truths that don't fit the realtionship story, for a variety of reasons, from denial to self-protection to protecting the other.  

(Also I suspect I'm pushing speculation here in a hopeful attempt to get the Dora-backstory...  let's speculate away so Jeph gets tired of it and gives us canon!)   :-P
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2010, 06:55 by tomart »
Irresponsible Adult GOM

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #51 on: 05 Dec 2010, 07:17 »

Judging from 526, Dora does not believe in rebound sex.

What she said was, "I don't want to be a rebound fuck,..."  which I don't think precludes wanting A rebound fuck.  

One could argue her big issue here is that she violated her own rule...  Marten was emotionally rebounding when she pounced on him.

I EXPECT to see Tai invited, she's the only person he works with AND a friend!  
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2010, 07:19 by tomart »
Irresponsible Adult GOM

Shremedy

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #52 on: 15 Dec 2010, 00:57 »

1.  I think he'll take Hanners to the wedding, as "just friends".  Although if there's anyone patient enough to work through Hanner's issues, that would be Marten.  No sex?  No problem, after this breakup, it's probably going to be a while before Marten's nads get back in gear.  That gives Hanners some time to get *her* nads in gear.

2.  After that stunt with Dora's pic and the fleshlight, I'm surprised Pintsize didn't get punted out the window.  But to some shocks, all you can do it close the door and walk away.

3. Marten's Mom/Dora's premonition.  Dora's going to get the personal attention from Marten's mom that she always wanted, but it isn't going to be at all pleasant for her.  Mom might not even need to raise her hand or her voice to utterly devastate (from her standpoint) this b*tch who just hurt her precious boy.  Mom may be overestimating just *how* hurt he is in her own mind, but -- no mistake -- he is hurt.

Although I do wonder why she's flying out *now*, when she didn't for the girl who dragged him away, crosscountry, for naught...
"Because I dislike being quoted I lie almost constantly when talking about my work." -- Terry Gilliam

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #53 on: 15 Dec 2010, 02:12 »

Although I do wonder why she's flying out *now*, when she didn't for the girl who dragged him away, crosscountry, for naught...

We don't know that she didn't.  When Marten told that story, he didn't know them well enough to bring up his mom.  At the very least, he'd have no reason to bring her up to them.
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

maxis

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #54 on: 15 Dec 2010, 18:47 »

true, he had no reason to bring up his mom back then. also i dont see how even a emotionally unstable person could accuse marten of using her as a rebound thing, as she started it. i do think it was a play to break them up as she was so used to jerk SO that she almost could not process martens attitude so she thought he had to be dark and shady underneath, or just that she could not handle a nice guy after all the problematic relationships she mentally came up with reasons on how to break up. or she might just have security problems that can be fixed. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up