THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 01:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A QC Chat?  (Read 4121 times)

nockiemommy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Need a hand?
    • Crochet Blog "One Happy Hooker"
A QC Chat?
« on: 17 Nov 2010, 23:52 »

Totally weird and random thought .... but has there ever been any talk of a chatroom for QC fans? I've read of an IRC somewhere, but could never find it.
I love America. We've been hurt but we also hurt others. You know you never hurt anybody? The ESKIMOS! Do we even know what they look like without those silly coats? Nobody ever talks about invading..wherever the hell they're from. Does anybody even know?

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
Re: A QC Chat?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2010, 00:01 »

There's the ustream chat, of course, but it's usually pretty fast and gets sidetracked easily, usually into the three B's (Booze, Boobs and Balls)

Or worse, gaming arguments discussions. 

But I've also heard of an IRC channel for QC in there.  Perhaps other ustream denizens know?  A few have joined the forum recently... 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2010, 00:13 »

Is Meebo still alive?

Oh, and try control-M until you get your keyboard fixed.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

nockiemommy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2010, 00:19 »

Is Meebo still alive?

Oh, and try control-M until you get your keyboard fixed.
Hrm ... Is there another key command? Cuz that totally doesn't work ...boo on improperly tightened bottles.
I love America. We've been hurt but we also hurt others. You know you never hurt anybody? The ESKIMOS! Do we even know what they look like without those silly coats? Nobody ever talks about invading..wherever the hell they're from. Does anybody even know?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2010, 00:26 »

I'm out of ideas.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2010, 02:18 »

To get into the QC chat at Meebo or IRC, you will have to become an accepted part of the community in Infinite Pony Debates; and that is essentially a separate community, most of whom have no interest whatever in the comic, and who can be hard on incomers.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #6 on: 18 Nov 2010, 03:21 »

Yeah... while there is both a QC Meebo and IRC in name, they both consist of people who hang out in the non-comic related parts of the forum, and really have nothing to do with the comic.

If you're really interested in getting some chat going about the comic itself, I'd say the best bet is to start a new one.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

ElvisRevenge

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • PLEASE HANNERS, DON'T HURT 'EM
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2010, 16:14 »

Somebody go start one. POR FAVOR MIS AMIGOS

tbones

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #8 on: 18 Nov 2010, 19:04 »

hey! You!
Are you from Argentina or what?!
Expecting that life will treat you well because you are good, it's like expecting a bull won't charge at you because you are vegetarian.

maxh

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #9 on: 18 Nov 2010, 19:11 »

As no one else seems to have done, I've created #questionablecontent on Foonetic IRC (irc.foonetic.net), the same server as XKCD chat.
GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7  D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 18 Nov 2010, 21:21 »

Are you insane??!!!!
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #11 on: 18 Nov 2010, 21:58 »

There is an IRC room that is probably more accepting of QC fans, the server is irc.questionablecontent.net ad the room is #qc. At least I assume it would be more welcoming, but I haven't been in there in years, and the people in there are basically a whole other community, where a number of them aren't on the forums (again, I am going form my old memories of it, so that might have changed).

Maybe try going in there and seeing if you like it? They might not care if you talk about the comic, but as people have said, the meebo and other IRC room set up already will not be that welcoming, especially if you mention the comic and the QC Discussion subforum. Or, I mean, you could try getting the meebo password from on of the Infinite Pony Debates regulars and try your luck!
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

nockiemommy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #12 on: 18 Nov 2010, 22:02 »

Are you insane??!!!!

I ... yes. Yes, I believe I am. I don't ask merely as a fan of QC ... But also, I've heard from very interesting people here in my short time, and I think it would be awesome fun to actually (gasp!) chat with them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up