THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 00:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Town's Hotdogs Can Beat Up Your Town's Hotdogs.  (Read 7285 times)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
Re: My Town's Hotdogs Can Beat Up Your Town's Hotdogs.
« Reply #50 on: 20 Nov 2010, 10:35 »

I'm cooking some chili right now. You know what that means? Chili dogs in my future!
Gonna start a sponge to make some nice buns.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #51 on: 20 Nov 2010, 14:10 »

One of the best hot dogs I have ever had was from the hot dog truck outside the Toronto Comicon.  My girlfriend and I loved them so much it's all we had for lunch the entire 3 days.

YES. Toronto street meat is amazing. For the uninitiated, there are hot dog carts everywhere, and they all have about ten different types of sausage (from regular hot dogs to bratwurst to chicken and so on) and they all have like two or three types of mustard, as well as a few other sauces, and little plastic containers of onions, relish (usually both red and green!), sauerkraut, pickles and so on.  Most everywhere else would charge you for stuff like that, but literally every hot dog cart in Tronno lets you take as much as you want for free. I love Toronto street meat!

Sausages are usually ground and processed meat (usually offcuts and the bits no one wants) and can be pretty nice. Hot dogs are also known as Frankfurts and are similar to though more horrible than sausages. All of those hot dogs pictured would be improved by using actual sausages.

Tubby's dogs are closer to what you and I would call "sausages" than the always-suspect looking red things that are typically known as hot dogs. You can also substitute in turkey dogs, veggie dogs, or a half-pound homemade Ukranian sausage.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with eating blood (especially fried blood) I just don't like spaghetti bolognaise. To be fair I don't like any spaghetti or pasta dishes.

Seriously dude what the hell, your culinary life seems like the most boring/horrifying shit ever.

Basically I got the nice guy there to load down a sausage with pulled pork on top nd he only charged me for the sausage because I must have tickled his funny bone or something. Anyways that was fucking amazing. You should have more pulled pork on hotdogs, I think that'd be great.

At ATPNY there was an "Asian" hot dog stand which is pretty similar to Japadogs, for my Vancouver readers. (Ah, I just found it on Google. It's AsiaDog, they're based in NYC and it seems they set up a cart outside of gigs fairly often) I got a hot dog which had delicious tender chunks of Chinese-seasoned (soy sauce with a hint of sweetness, from memory) pork belly and onions. That was fair fucking amazing. They also didn't overstuff the dogs so they were easy to eat. Well done.

To conclude, the pic I posted isn't pretty because tasty food ISN'T fucking pretty. It's TASTY goddamnit. Like, if you lack the imagination to work out that a lot of those hot dogs Kat and I posted would be delicious and fun (except for that one with baked beans on it, oh god what the hell) then, uh, I pity you? Cos it seems like you'd probably miss out on a bunch of delicious stuff because you are judging food with yr eyes and not yr mouth-holes, you silly gooses!

Also, I'm having hot dogs tonight! Homemade, with maple bacon yessss.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #52 on: 23 Nov 2010, 08:34 »

YES. Toronto street meat is amazing.

My first order of business whenever I got off the bus to Toronto was always to go grab street meat. The plurality of mustards and presence of pickles & kraut makes me so happy. Toronto you are real good and making sausages on the sidewalk.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up