THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 00:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twinkies  (Read 12048 times)

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Re: Twinkies
« Reply #100 on: 22 Nov 2010, 21:44 »

Lunchy, cream in a lamington is just silly and surely everybody realises that it's just a manifestation of a depraved mind.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #101 on: 22 Nov 2010, 21:47 »

I know, I know, and in a lactose-intolerant family I have only ever had creamless lamingtons. Bakeries around here, however, seem to think that LAMINGTONS NEED CREAM ALL THE TIME.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #102 on: 22 Nov 2010, 21:51 »

There's that Sydney decadence everyone's always talking about.

nockiemommy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Need a hand?
    • Crochet Blog "One Happy Hooker"
« Reply #103 on: 22 Nov 2010, 22:11 »

Actually, I figure that is just what the Kansas City Metropolitan area needs, nockiemommy.  Keep up the good work!

So long as I possess a creative and inventive mind, an oven, stove and have access to yummy ingredients ... The work shall continue!

And I actually made 6 batches ... Two of each recipe ... One batch of each with a cream center, and the other a half-batch with berry jams and grape jams... I am admittedly on the jam side of the Jam V Cream debate.
I love America. We've been hurt but we also hurt others. You know you never hurt anybody? The ESKIMOS! Do we even know what they look like without those silly coats? Nobody ever talks about invading..wherever the hell they're from. Does anybody even know?

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #104 on: 22 Nov 2010, 22:16 »

After two days of wanting a lamington I had one on saturday with a pot of tea at a local cafe. Ben had cheesecake, and I got his extra scoop of ice cream and oh man it was delicious. Now I want more, but am too lazy to actually make them.

I am glad you are liking them, Nockie! The thing is that popular around valentine's day is to make pink ones, and I can guess that people have made green ones for  st patrick's day. Oh man, I just had the best idea. Red and green lamingtons for christmas! I want to see if I can convince someone to do that, it would be hilariously silly and perfect.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

nockiemommy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #105 on: 22 Nov 2010, 22:33 »

It would be simple, really ... make 2 white cakes and color them with food dye ... Then use a marbling technique ... Or do a white and a red and marble for the whole peppermint candy effect. Alas, I am definitely seeing more lamingtons in my future!
I love America. We've been hurt but we also hurt others. You know you never hurt anybody? The ESKIMOS! Do we even know what they look like without those silly coats? Nobody ever talks about invading..wherever the hell they're from. Does anybody even know?

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #106 on: 23 Nov 2010, 00:14 »

Oh no, you misunderstand: it's not a jam vs. cream debate, it's a filling vs. no filling debate. When you get a lamington in Australia it's an even bet whether it's going to have jam in the middle or nothing. Personally I prefer no filling: I have a suspicion that a lot of people put a layer of jam in the middle of their lamingtons in a desperate attempt to compensate for the fact that the sponge is too dry. Ideally you want a light, moist sponge with a deliciously moist chocolate coating.

nockiemommy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #107 on: 23 Nov 2010, 00:22 »

Oh no, you misunderstand: it's not a jam vs. cream debate, it's a filling vs. no filling debate. When you get a lamington in Australia it's an even bet whether it's going to have jam in the middle or nothing. Personally I prefer no filling: I have a suspicion that a lot of people put a layer of jam in the middle of their lamingtons in a desperate attempt to compensate for the fact that the sponge is too dry. Ideally you want a light, moist sponge with a deliciously moist chocolate coating.

*GASP* Alas! I blanked on trying them sans filling ... Dammit. Well, I suppose I should get the baking-sweets out of my system before I seriously start working off this baby-weight. More lamingtons tomorrow LOL .. This time ONE batch plain, no filling. I might like that even more than with the jam!

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #108 on: 23 Nov 2010, 04:45 »

Oh shit. Oh shit lamingtons. I have to have one as soon as I get paid. Shit.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up