THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 22:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT 22-26 November 2010 (Thanksgiving Week/1800-1805/Aftermath of the Breakup)  (Read 141926 times)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Faye is not an expert at controlling her anger.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Maybe I'm getting a bad read on this, but it seems like Marten maybe gave Faye the shorthand of what happened, and it lost a little bit in translation. (sort of: "Dora broke up with me because she thinks we want to screw" vs. "Dora broke up with me because she thinks she's so crazy that she'll always believe we want to screw). If that's the case, I wonder what Faye will think of Dora's side of the story. I mean, I can't believe Faye would be all that more sympathetic to reasoning B over reasoning A, but it IS slightly less rabid batshit crazy.
Nah she wouldn't be any more sympathetic over reasoning B, and I doubt Marten told Faye reasoning A.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Faye is not an expert at controlling her anger.
She has every right to be angry.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

hannahsaurusrex

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Took the bomp from the bompalompalomp

Marten looks so drained. Almost like HE read last week's thread.
Really though, that is fantastic art on Jeph's part. I feel the breakup on his face.

I think if Faye confronts Dora, Dora's gonna bring up the living situation.  I also see Faye saying "NOT AN EXCUSE"
I would love to see Dora get everything out.
Overheard quote: "I ain't afraid of no 'RYAN'"

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Expect mega awkwardness at CoD to come.

Or will it come to Broadsword V Malaysian Battle Spatula in the alley?

Or the return of Vespa Avenger and the Shoulin Monks
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

If the living situation is brought up:
"You two pressured me into moving in with you instead of Marten moving in with me!" "And in the time you've been living with us, there's been exactly ONE incident that wasn't completely platonic best friends in appearance, and that had a perfectly rational explanation!"  "There's always a perfectly rational explanation, but you shouldn't NEED explanations!"  "No, you should deal with your issues and learn to trust us, you ass!"

Then Hanners bursts in, shouts EVERYONE into behaving sensibly, and we return to comedy.

Sharp

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Hanging the toilet paper upside down.

Well....there goes my prediction of Faye going to Dora to relate how shitty it feels to have to give up Marten.  :-(
Oh well, there's still room for prediction number two! Marten calls Angus and asks him to take Faye out to get her mind off of things!

Man, this whole turn of events has really hit me! Indeed, it felt like two friends had seperated. But, here's hoping that things do turn around for the better. And while I wouldn't exactly call myself a Hannelore/Marten shipper per se, let me just say that if Marten ends up back on the market in a few months (comic or realtime) I'll be in the corner of the blonde who has always seemed to be crushing on him.
Oh, UMASS fratboys.  Where don't you show up drunk?
[quote author

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!

Then Hanners bursts in, shouts EVERYONE into behaving sensibly, and we return to comedy.

Unfortunately, I don't think even Hanners can she-hulk some sense into Dora right now.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Boomslang

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

Might just be me, but I doubt Marten really got any sleep last night (assuming this is the next morning). Aside from just being drained, he seems to have gone over this over and over again in his head, so he's come to accept the situation he was in when he closed the door last night.

I'm starting to wonder what's going on with Dora. She's probably going to be almost as much of a wreck as Marten when (if) she comes into work today. Faye's not only Marten's friend, she's also Dora's, and while she might be raring for a physical confrontation, Dora's appearance might push it back the other way.

Poor Penelope and Cosette. They have no idea of the black cloud that will descend upon their workspace this morn.
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Marten wanders into the Arizona desert and vanishes for two weeks (Six months QC time) he returns as The Great Prophet Reed
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Delator

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • In my own little world

:psyduck:

...sorry, just had to get that out of the way.  :lol:

I wonder if we'll see Steve this week?
No, I will never settle on a particular avatar.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor

So what's up with Jeph's guest strip over at xkcd not having mouse-over text?  It's an outrage, I tell you!
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Penquin47

[troll]
Jeph's strip proves that Marten/Faye are the OTP!  They're MEANT to be together, even their little voices in their head say so!  Dora's not being a broken/insane/idiotic person, she's bowing to the POWER OF TWU WUV!!!
[/troll]
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Soluzar

• Emoticontraindication
  • That guy.

Jeph's strip proves that Marten/Faye are the OTP!  They're MEANT to be together, even their little voices in their head say so!  Dora's not being a broken/insane/idiotic person, she's bowing to the POWER OF TWU WUV!!!
Although you made it quite clear you weren't serious it actually does exactly the opposite. Even I, who would surely rank among the most die-hard of Fayten shippers, must admit defeat. It sucks.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday

So what's up with Jeph's guest strip over at xkcd not having mouse-over text?  It's an outrage, I tell you!

Quote from: Jeph via Twitter
Since I forgot at the time, here's the alt text for the XKCD strip: "...So. Who's your daddy?"

Your welcome.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

betsynoir

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

Maybe I'm getting a bad read on this, but it seems like Marten maybe gave Faye the shorthand of what happened, and it lost a little bit in translation. (sort of: "Dora broke up with me because she thinks we want to screw" vs. "Dora broke up with me because she thinks she's so crazy that she'll always believe we want to screw). If that's the case, I wonder what Faye will think of Dora's side of the story. I mean, I can't believe Faye would be all that more sympathetic to reasoning B over reasoning A, but it IS slightly less rabid batshit crazy.
Nah she wouldn't be any more sympathetic over reasoning B, and I doubt Marten told Faye reasoning A.

I mean, I'm not saying that Marten set out to give Faye a bad impression ("And then she said you guys are jerks!"), but it's generally difficult to explain someone else's reasons for something, even when they're good reasons, and it's even harder when they're crazy reasons. I'm not sure that Faye, Marten, or Dora has a particularly good understanding of what's going on in Dora's head right now.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor

I just noticed that she's drinking it straight.  I guess ice = fun, straight = numbing, even though usually it's been right from the bottle.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

I mean, I'm not saying that Marten set out to give Faye a bad impression ("And then she said you guys are jerks!"), but it's generally difficult to explain someone else's reasons for something, even when they're good reasons, and it's even harder when they're crazy reasons. I'm not sure that Faye, Marten, or Dora has a particularly good understanding of what's going on in Dora's head right now.

I'm not too sure about that - after all the times Dora's vocalized her insecurities about being Faye's second fiddle, I think Marten at least has a pretty good idea of what's going on.  And there may well have been further talk after the Marten-in-the-headlights of 1799.  

Also, we've no idea how long Marten has taken to explain what happened to Faye.  I kinda doubt he'd give an overly simplified account of the situation, because that's something people usually only do if they a) come off looking bad when the full story's known, or b) don't truly understand what's going on.  I think neither applies here.  
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.

Expect mega awkwardness at CoD to come.

Or will it come to Broadsword V Malaysian Battle Spatula in the alley?
I desire to see this. Not least because I wonder as to the shape of the fabled Malay Battle Spatula.

The comic is about what I expected. Faye is pissed, maybe some slight shades of original recipe Faye?, and Marten is trying to keep the peace because he's just a good guy like that. The poor kid is still defeated though and may well be primed for another explosion.

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Dammit can't we have a week without this!? :psyduck:
Quis pater tibi est?

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Type faster. 

Or say less. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

betsynoir

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

I'm not too sure about that - after all the times Dora's vocalized her insecurities about being Faye's second fiddle, I think Marten at least has a pretty good idea of what's going on.  And there may well have been further talk after the Marten-in-the-headlights of 1799.  

Also, we've no idea how long Marten has taken to explain what happened to Faye.  I kinda doubt he'd give an overly simplified account of the situation, because that's something people usually only do if they a) come off looking bad when the full story's known, or b) don't truly understand what's going on.  I think neither applies here.  

I think my disagreement here is more on the topic on why Dora broke up with Marten, rather than what's gone on after the fact. I think that it's because of Dora, but Faye's first statement implies that she thinks it's because of Faye and Marten. I'm sure this has been discussed to death though, so it probably doesn't need to be rehashed.

michael28

Might just be me, but I doubt Marten really got any sleep last night (assuming this is the next morning). Aside from just being drained, he seems to have gone over this over and over again in his head, so he's come to accept the situation he was in when he closed the door last night.

I'm starting to wonder what's going on with Dora. She's probably going to be almost as much of a wreck as Marten when (if) she comes into work today. Faye's not only Marten's friend, she's also Dora's, and while she might be raring for a physical confrontation, Dora's appearance might push it back the other way.

Poor Penelope and Cosette. They have no idea of the black cloud that will descend upon their workspace this morn.
I think the rats, cokroaches and raccons leaving the site will be a dead giveaway... to get the f out!
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2010, 23:30 by michael28 »
The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?"
- Sigmund Freud -

Kazukagii

• Furry furrier
  • I seem to be lost

Gotta say, Jeph knows how to make his art work for him. First thing I thought when I opened up this strip was just how terrible Marten looked. Poor guy, I bet he didn't get a single wink of sleep. At least he has enough sense not to let Faye break Dora's arms. This comic has had enough drama, no need for the  :police: to get involved.

Also gotta love how Faye basically sums up everybody's reaction to Dora's insecurities in the first two panels.  :wink:
I had something witty to put down here but.....

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google

Yay comic.

Dont get it why Faye thinks its about her, though.
Carpe Diem

Tobimaro

• Emoticontraindication

BIG WHEEL KEEPS ON TURNING.

Proud Mary keeps on BURNING...

Rollin'! Rollin'! Rollin on the river!!!!!  :psyduck:

Doo-wat dooo-do-doo!

Dooo-do-doo!

[horns]
Dun-na duunn!
Dun-na duunn!
Dun-na dun dun dun dun dun-na duunn!!!!
[/horns]

One question?   Ike and Tina Turner or Creedence Clearwater Revival?  No wrong answer as I like both versions.

Anyways, I do like Marten's rational for keeping Faye away from Dora right now.  He really does not want to go back to the days when he was the only person paying rent.  Although I really think that he could make some money off of Pintsize.  Just wondering how he would monetize Pintsize's pron collection?   :laugh:

akronnick

Ike and Tina.

No horns in CCR.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Visible_One

• Plantmonster

I only just noticed this, but....
... Faye says "What do I have to do to convince her I'm not pining for you?"
I'd have expected " "What do we have to do to convince her you're not pining for me?"

So how has Marten described it for her to react that way?
With a "zweihander" galley oar in hand, he cuts a swathe through a carefully assembled vertical tower of foam blocks. It can do that much, at least.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor

I'd have expected " "What do we have to do to convince her you're not pining for me?"

Good catch. But I'm pretty sure the way Dora described it to Marten when she broke up with him (I'll always wonder if you'd rather be with Faye) is just the tip of the iceburg. We know for a fact Dora's also scared of Faye's feelings for Marten (http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1059). In fact, it's probably that night Faye's thinking of when she says her line in panel one of tonight's comic. I don't think it has anything to do with how Marten described it; Faye's going off her own experiences too.

Also, please don't be mad but I forgot how to turn parts of texts into links. Could someone refresh me again? (gimme a break I haven't been on these forums very long!)
- Alvin

Saral

• Not quite a lurker

Dora; And why did you string him along, so long?

Faye: Because I was hoping to get past my issues and didn't want to lose ...

Dora looks at Faye tired

Faye: IDIOT! you had an example of what not to do.

akronnick

Also, please don't be mad but I forgot how to turn parts of texts into links. Could someone refresh me again? (gimme a break I haven't been on these forums very long!)

Code: [Select]
[url=http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=370]Number 370: So Slippery![/url]
yields:

Number 370: So Slippery!

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish

Yay comic.

Because, young padawan, it kind of is.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor

Dora; And why did you string him along, so long?

Faye: Because I was hoping to get past my issues and didn't want to lose ...

Dora looks at Faye tired

Faye: IDIOT! you had an example of what not to do.

To that, Faye could say: "That's different because Marten and I were never in an actual relationship. We never even kissed! And unlike someone I know, I actually worked to GET PAST my issues!"

Also, thank you, akronnick! I'll put it somewhere I can easily look it up again so I don't have to keep bugging people here if I forget again.
- Alvin

Visible_One

• Plantmonster

Good catch. But I'm pretty sure the way Dora described it to Marten when she broke up with him (I'll always wonder if you'd rather be with Faye) is just the tip of the iceburg. We know for a fact Dora's also scared of Faye's feelings for Marten. In fact, it's probably that night Faye's thinking of when she says her line in panel one of tonight's comic. I don't think it has anything to do with how Marten described it; Faye's going off her own experiences too.

I do love Faye's expression in the last panel of that comic. And dang, I think you're right. Probably exactly right.
... Trying to think of something else I can say that will contribute to this discussion...

... Do love that expression of Faye's in 1059's last panel, though.
With a "zweihander" galley oar in hand, he cuts a swathe through a carefully assembled vertical tower of foam blocks. It can do that much, at least.

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Hanners made up her mind to cheer Marten up.  No, I'm not shipping, I just mean simply and directly that she'd want him to be happy again.  He's pretty much her first "real" friend, after all, and despite how much she likes Dora, she's much closer to him.  I'm half-expecting her to show up sometime this week, armed with a worry hat and a cake, or something similar.

I also wonder what Marten's plan for the day is.  Pity we don't know what day it is in the QC-niverse... or, for that matter, what Marten's work schedule is.  Here's hoping he has the day off work today, or at least has the sense to call in sick otherwise.  Guy doesn't look in any shape to go out right now, least of all to the library where girls are apparently hitting on him at all times, and he'd probably notice it now.  Not that it would cheer him up in the slightest, which is why I hope he stays away.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

kaitco

• Emoticontraindication
    • DorienneSmith.com

IS FAYE WHITAKER GONNA HAVE TO CHOKE A BITCH, DORA?
:-D
My first laugh-out-loud related to this comic in about 10 days.

I really love the artwork in the second panel. The colouring and shading perfectly reflect the emotions we have gone through this week.

I have to say, I am not too surprised by tonight's comic, but I feel about as drained as Marten looks throughout the whole comic. I am not ashamed to admit that I have been shipping Faye/Marten since I first started reading a few years ago, but I had just got accustomed to the fact that Dora and Marten seemed to work well together and then this happens. Not to mention that I think I like Faye/Angus more than the idea of Faye/Marten, nowadays. At this point, I just want to get over this hump and move on with more stories.

ysth

• capital eszet

Your welcome.
Your welcome, my welcome, any man's welcome.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Hanners made up her mind to cheer Marten up.  No, I'm not shipping, I just mean simply and directly that she'd want him to be happy again.  He's pretty much her first "real" friend, after all, and despite how much she likes Dora, she's much closer to him.  I'm half-expecting her to show up sometime this week, armed with a worry hat and a cake, or something similar.

Hanners knocks on the door. Marten drags himself to open it. Hanners puts the worry hat on Marten, and says: "Worry hat, engage!". At last the dam breaks, and Marten's tears begin to flow. He looks deeply into Hanners' worried eyes ...

... and gets a comforting hug.

« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2010, 02:45 by Skewbrow »
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Sharp

• Hanging the toilet paper upside down.

You...you b-b-bastard! ;_;
Oh, UMASS fratboys.  Where don't you show up drunk?
[quote author

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google

Yay comic.

Because, young padawan, it kind of is.
Jupp thank you, found out from reading this thread.

Somehow I managed to miss that detail.
Carpe Diem

Arky

• Plantmonster

I love the XKCD guest strip.  It's very XKCD and very Questionable Content.

Meanwhile QC, Gunnerkrigg Court and Penny & Aggie all continue to ship me SERIOUS DRAMA BUSINESS instead of light comedy.  I am confused  :psyduck:

What I'd like to see tomorrow would be 4 panels of Faye on the phone:

Panel 1:  Faye calls Tai
"Tai, Marty broke up with Dora last night.  He won't be in today.  No Dora is not all yours now.  Sure, joking.  Bye"

Panel 2:  Faye calls Steve
"Marty and Dora broke up, smarmosaur.  Get over here.  Bring beer."
Hangs up.

Panel 3:  Faye calls Pene-lope
"Hi.  Look, Dora broke up with Marty last night.  I don't know if she'll be in.  KEEP THE SWORD AWAY FROM HER IF SHE COMES IN.  I'll be late."

Panel 4:  Faye call ?
Punchline.  Won't try to spoil the joke by guessing it :)

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

Actually, I fear that Hanners might get traumatized over the breakup. I mean, look at it like that, it was only recently that she had an experience that is even remotely related to going out with a guy, which was most likely like two weeks ago in QC time, and then two of her closest friends break up. This might give her the idea that "all relationships suck and will eventually break apart." Dora and Marten happen to be around when Hanners freaks out and comfort her that the relationship was great while it lasted. Then they realize it was true and decide to try again.

Next panel: Dora and Marten have make-up sex.
Last panel: Hanners for some reason has sex with Pintsize.

Edit: Also, does anyone notice Marten has dark circles around the eyes? Poor boy prolly didn't get much sleep last night.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2010, 02:58 by Loki »
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

I love the XKCD guest strip.  It's very XKCD and very Questionable Content.

Meanwhile QC, Gunnerkrigg Court and Penny & Aggie all continue to ship me SERIOUS DRAMA BUSINESS instead of light comedy.  I am confused  :psyduck:

What I'd like to see tomorrow would be 4 panels of Faye on the phone:

Panel 1:  Faye calls Tai
"Tai, Marty broke up with Dora last night.  He won't be in today.  No Dora is not all yours now.  Sure, joking.  Bye"

Panel 2:  Faye calls Steve
"Marty and Dora broke up, smarmosaur.  Get over here.  Bring beer."
Hangs up.

Panel 3:  Faye calls Pene-lope
"Hi.  Look, Dora broke up with Marty last night.  I don't know if she'll be in.  KEEP THE SWORD AWAY FROM HER IF SHE COMES IN.  I'll be late."

Panel 4:  Faye call ?
Punchline.  Won't try to spoil the joke by guessing it :)
Panel 4: Faye Calls Hannermom.
Punchline: "Everything's in place; now's your chance." *gendo smile*
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

akronnick

Actually, I fear that Hanners might get traumatized over the breakup. I mean, look at it like that, it was only recently that she had an experience that is even remotely related to going out with a guy, which was most likely like two weeks ago in QC time, and then two of her closest friends break up. This might give her the idea that "all relationships suck and will eventually break apart." Dora and Marten happen to be around when Hanners freaks out and comfort her that the relationship was great while it lasted. Then they realize it was true and decide to try again.

Next panel: Dora and Marten have make-up sex.
Last panel: Hanners for some reason has sex with Pintsize.

Edit: Also, does anyone notice Marten has dark circles around the eyes? Poor boy prolly didn't get much sleep last night.

Worse, Hanners hears the details, goes all post hoc ergo propter hoc and decides it's because she had a nice time with Sven.

No amount of logic and reason from Marten or Dora (who are still not able to be in the same room with one another) can calm her down and she calls down an orbital nuclear bombardment from her dad's space station that takes out most of Western Massachusetts, you know, just to be sure.

*edited for mispelled Latin*
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2010, 03:09 by akronnick »

GeoffTheLlama

• Plantmonster

I picture Marten curling up with French Fry hoodie at night, grumbling about how Dora never really appreciated its awesomeness.  :-D

I definitely did this with my favorite pair of jeans I was forced by my ex to 'throw out'. (Yeah, they got shoved into the back of a closet. Take that. No woman will separate us ever again...)

Visible_One

• Plantmonster

Actually, I fear that Hanners might get traumatized over the breakup. I mean, look at it like that, it was only recently that she had an experience that is even remotely related to going out with a guy, which was most likely like two weeks ago in QC time, and then two of her closest friends break up.

Quote from: hanneloreEC
 oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no #panicattack #sadfriends #everythingisawful #hashtags #aaa  

All in all I think Hannelore's handling this rather well, considering how she reacted when she once lost a sock.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it

(replying to Arky's idea)

Panel 4A Dora calls Faye: "You, Whitaker! You're fired!"
Panel 4B Faye calls Angus: "I just got sacked.... I need to get laid. Your place in five." Pintsize yells: "No talking!"
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2010, 03:13 by Skewbrow »
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Annaira

• Not quite a lurker

I know I'm in the minority, but this is starting to irritate me.

Okay, yes, Dora went all psycho on Marten. Yes, she broke up with him because of unfounded issues. And yes, it was rather unfair that she seemed to stay static instead of trying a little harder to change herself. But dammit, there are TWO people in a relationship. TWO. Why are we spending so much time focusing on what a screw up Dora is? The comic seems to be bolding, italicizing, and underlining how crazy and stupid Dora was to break up with Marten, and so far there aren't any suggestions of Marten's mistakes. Someone mentioned in the last thread, for example, that Marten merely seemed to tolerate Dora's insecurities rather than actively try to allay them. He overreacted pretty heavily over the porn thing due to holding in his rage for too long. Where's the mention of that?

It just kind of grates on my nerves that we've spent time so far portraying one person as The Bad Guy. If it was Marten I'd complain of the same. Maybe this'll change; knowing Jeph, it probably will. I'm just saying that so far, the comic is being rather unfair.

starlikeshine

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

A very sad part of this whole situation is that Dora has, in effect, built her whole life around Marten's social circle. All of her employees are through Marten (exception: Penny- but where the hell is she?) Her apartment is Marten's (and Faye's- which is even more uncomfortable.) Taye is Marten's boss (which considering the future of their relationship could be very awkward.) Marigold might be free ground, but then again Angus is in Faye's corner and they are roommates. Think of how ostracized and "outsided" Sven was post-Faye- and he was only a fringe member to begin with. I wonder how this is going to work out for her.

I have a hard time imagining this resolution as funny. Though I am sure Jeph will figure it out one way or another.

AnAverageWriter

I for one heartily endorse the idea of either Dora or Marten going on a long road trip.

Think about it- the entire QC world has, for the most part, centered around this one tiny little area, with a coffee shop, university, etc, all in a small space.

What if Jeph took this opportunity, even temporarily, to broaden the character's horizons and take Marten or Dora someplace we've never seen before?

I think it could be fun.

Eh, but what do I know. I'm horribly bad at predicting outcomes of things. Heck, I'm probably one of the only ones who still holds out hope for a Marten-Marigold relationship.  :|
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2010, 04:40 by AnAverageWriter »

Soluzar

• Emoticontraindication
  • That guy.

Worse, Hanners hears the details, goes all post hoc ergo propter hoc and decides it's because she had a nice time with Sven.
If she wants to get into some bizarre post hoc paranoia, surely she'd worry about it all having happened because she's a pokeslut. Just because Dora said she didn't mind...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up