THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT 22-26 November 2010 (Thanksgiving Week/1800-1805/Aftermath of the Breakup)  (Read 141875 times)

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it

It just kind of grates on my nerves that we've spent time so far portraying one person as The Bad Guy. If it was Marten I'd complain of the same. Maybe this'll change; knowing Jeph, it probably will. I'm just saying that so far, the comic is being rather unfair.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that portraying one party of a breakup as the Bad Guy is uncalled for. Furthermore, it doesn't help the situation, because a Bad Guy-sticker carries with it some Blame, and blaming one party or the other of a problem facing a couple doesn't really help.

OTOH it might be best not to heat up this blame discussion again. There are now other threads discussing what would be best for Marten to do in the future, and other threads discussing what would be best for Dora. Look for them, and add your thoughts! The threads are shrouded with innuendo and attempts at humor, but genuine discussion is also taking place, and the exchanges are quite civil in comparison to last week's WCDT thread. (attempts at) humor is one of the mechanisms for dealing with the pain (mostly speaking for myself here).
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Annaira

• Not quite a lurker

It just kind of grates on my nerves that we've spent time so far portraying one person as The Bad Guy. If it was Marten I'd complain of the same. Maybe this'll change; knowing Jeph, it probably will. I'm just saying that so far, the comic is being rather unfair.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that portraying one party of a breakup as the Bad Guy is uncalled for. Furthermore, it doesn't help the situation, because a Bad Guy-sticker carries with it some Blame, and blaming one party or the other of a problem facing a couple doesn't really help.

OTOH it might be best not to heat up this blame discussion again. There are now other threads discussing what would be best for Marten to do in the future, and other threads discussing what would be best for Dora. Look for them, and add your thoughts! The threads are shrouded with innuendo and attempts at humor, but genuine discussion is also taking place, and the exchanges are quite civil in comparison to last week's WCDT thread. (attempts at) humor is one of the mechanisms for dealing with the pain (mostly speaking for myself here).

Understood. I didn't really mean to heat anything up on blame, though. I think I meant more to complain that we've focused on one aspect of the story enough and I'm ready to move on. I just did a crappy job of explaining it. I'm an impatient person and I like to know what's going to happen right away.  :-P

Anywho...can't wait for tomorrow. I'm interested in hearing more from everyone involved (because you know everyone WILL somehow be involved).

AngryCallCenterAgent

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • "I can't believe it! I'm doing a Shrek!"
    • I'm such a Twit.

Like some posters, I was looking forward to a week of guest strips, Randy, Shame Orb, Sweet Tits, Turkeys, and Yelling Bird for some R&R after last week. Not necessarily in alphabetical order, though. All I gotta say about this is, wow. Talk about Internet drama. Hey, doc, guess who's up next for some counselling and then some? Seriously, the psych should just clear her schedule: Hanners on Mondays, Faye on Tuesdays, Dora on Wednesdays, and Sven on Fridays so she can hook up with him for the weekend after their sessions. Thursdays free just in case someone else in the gang wants a go (maybe Steve). And then she should start making like Gossip Girl and have the juicy tell-all and TV rights up for optioning.
"This is the Tech Support! Step away from the complex and delicate electronic equipment! NOW!"

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU

Is it wrong to be amused by Martens world weary look as he said "Then you'd be fired and I'd be paying all the rent"
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it

Is it wrong to be amused by Martens world weary look as he said "Then you'd be fired and I'd be paying all the rent"

I don't think so. I took it as a sign that the temporarily stalled comic relief crank is still turning. It was still too soon for Pintzise to blurt out his usual line in the last panel. Jeph is slowly bringing us out of the hypothermia of last week. Warming up a near-frozen victim too quickly might result in tissue damage, so this is the prudent course of action.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

TheEvilDog

I just realised.... Dora is going to lose Coffee of Doom! And Hanners is going to end up owning it!

Remember what happened when Marten got food poisoning, and Hanners got her mom to buy the place. That was when Marten was sick! Imagine whats going to happen now!

Also, I can imagine Faye ringing up Steve & Angus to get them to give Marten some buddy support, with the second last panel a close up to Marten's phone as Faye searches through the phonebook, specifically the M section, to a certain Californian listing.

The last panel would of course be Pintsize with a massive dent in his head, asking "What'd I do thith time?"

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.

Martin. Ever the practical one.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

bicostp

• Beyoncé

A very sad part of this whole situation is that Dora has, in effect, built her whole life around Marten's social circle. All of her employees are through Marten (exception: Penny- but where the hell is she?) Her apartment is Marten's (and Faye's- which is even more uncomfortable.) Taye is Marten's boss (which considering the future of their relationship could be very awkward.) Marigold might be free ground, but then again Angus is in Faye's corner and they are roommates. Think of how ostracized and "outsided" Sven was post-Faye- and he was only a fringe member to begin with. I wonder how this is going to work out for her.

Interesting point. The only regular characters I can think of that were introduced specifically through Dora are Sven, her parents, and Raven.

Marigold was introduced because she could fix Pintsize, the only thing Dora had to do with that arc was drag Hannelore over to do a massive cleanup.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
Re: WCDT 22-26 November 2010
« Reply #108 on: 22 Nov 2010, 06:36 »

I notice Marten's wearing a black hoodie again. Did he break this?:  http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1436

I kinda like the idea that Faye woke up to the sound of glass breaking.
Well, this seems to be the next morning rather than a direct continuation from 1800. Not only did Marten's door going "click" seemed like a pretty definitive "not going to talk now", but they're in the kitchen, and they've both changed clothes (well, Marten changed his T-shirt). They've had some time to sleep off the immediate emotions, which is probably why Marten's comparatively rational [Faye's angry because she's just found out the gory details, and so hasn't had time to metabolize the angry hormones]

I note that they are both dressed in black...

Quote from: The Beatles
Oh dear, what can I do?
Baby's in black and I'm feeling blue,
Tell me, oh what can I do?

She thinks of him and so she dresses in black,
And though he'll never come back, she's dressed in black.

Oh dear, what can I do?

I think of her, but she thinks only of him,
And though it's only a whim, she thinks of him.

Oh how long will it take,
Till she sees the mistake she has made?
Dear what can I do?

Oh how long will it take,
Till she sees the mistake she has made?
Dear what can I do?

She thinks of him and so she dresses in black,
And though he'll never come back, she's dressed in black.

Oh dear, what can I do?
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Faye is not an expert at controlling her anger.

Ladies and gentlemen, the understatement of the week - and it's only Monday!
Just another Joe like 46

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

I love the XKCD guest strip.  It's very XKCD and very Questionable Content.

Meanwhile QC, Gunnerkrigg Court and Penny & Aggie all continue to ship me SERIOUS DRAMA BUSINESS instead of light comedy.  I am confused  :psyduck:

What I'd like to see tomorrow would be 4 panels of Faye on the phone:

Panel 1:  Faye calls Tai
"Tai, Marty broke up with Dora last night.  He won't be in today.  No Dora is not all yours now.  Sure, joking.  Bye"

Panel 2:  Faye calls Steve
"Marty and Dora broke up, smarmosaur.  Get over here.  Bring beer."
Hangs up.

Panel 3:  Faye calls Pene-lope
"Hi.  Look, Dora broke up with Marty last night.  I don't know if she'll be in.  KEEP THE SWORD AWAY FROM HER IF SHE COMES IN.  I'll be late."

Panel 4:  Faye call ?
Punchline.  Won't try to spoil the joke by guessing it :)

Oh, I already called it. "Hi, Mrs. Vance?..."
Just another Joe like 46

TheEvilDog

I think you mean Ms. Reed.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

No, I believe she is going by Vance as well. I could be wrong.

Also, I can imagine Faye ringing up Steve & Angus to get them to give Marten some buddy support, with the second last panel a close up to Marten's phone as Faye searches through the phonebook, specifically the V section, to a certain Californian listing.

That would be "V" - for "Vance".

Just another Joe like 46

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday

I'm sure her own son doesn't call her Mrs. Vance. That'd be.....weird. My mother is listed as "MOM" in my cellphone.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

Pretty sure Faye will call her Ms. Reed 'til the end of time, unless she personally corrects Faye, again, what with the intimidation and the Bosch-threats.

Also, Vance is her stage pseudonym, so I doubt she uses that in public, unless she's at a fetish convention or something.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Coffee_Kaioken

• Furry furrier

And unlike someone I know, I actually worked to GET PAST my issues!"

:-D :? :-o :psyduck:

ElvisRevenge

• PLEASE HANNERS, DON'T HURT 'EM
    • Tumblr

Meanwhile QC, Gunnerkrigg Court and Penny & Aggie all continue to ship me SERIOUS DRAMA BUSINESS instead of light comedy.  I am confused  :psyduck:

Dude, Penny & Aggie has never been about the comedies. Perhaps satirical of teen dramas at times, but mostly a genuine ongoing drama about high school kids.

And I fucking love that they're actually moving things forward in a coherent manner for once. T's writing the last chapter and the Sara chapter was just awful. [/digress]

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math

Your welcome.
Your welcome, my welcome, any man's welcome.

LOL I just had to re-post this, it was too funny.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Pretty sure Faye will call her Ms. Reed 'til the end of time, unless she personally corrects Faye, again, what with the intimidation and the Bosch-threats.

Also, Vance is her stage pseudonym, so I doubt she uses that in public, unless she's at a fetish convention or something.

She may be listed under Vance in the phone book, but you really don't want to be calling her business number. 

Unless you're into that kind of thing...

"At the sound of the tone, say your safe word.  Then hang up, because I don't want to hear another word lisp out of your disgusting mouth, you worthless sack of..."

Well, you get the idea. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.

What I'd like to see tomorrow would be 4 panels of Faye on the phone:

Panel 1:  Faye calls Tai
"Tai, Marty broke up with Dora last night.  He won't be in today.  No Dora is not all yours now.  Sure, joking.  Bye"

Panel 2:  Faye calls Steve
"Marty and Dora broke up, smarmosaur.  Get over here.  Bring beer."
Hangs up.

Panel 3:  Faye calls Pene-lope
"Hi.  Look, Dora broke up with Marty last night.  I don't know if she'll be in.  KEEP THE SWORD AWAY FROM HER IF SHE COMES IN.  I'll be late."

Panel 4: Faye Calls Hannermom.
Punchline: "Everything's in place; now's your chance." *gendo smile*

I would fucking love to see Faye go all "JUST AS PLANNED"-style vengeance. I even like Dora and don't want to run the BLAME TRAIN WHOOT WHOOOOOOOOOT on her, but I have a soft spot for revenge and magnificent bastardry, and I think Faye could pull it off. Shows she's come far from her old days of just PUNCHIN' bitches in they MOUF; now she hurts you.

She may be listed under Vance in the phone book, but you really don't want to be calling her business number. 

Unless you're into that kind of thing...

"At the sound of the tone, say your safe word.  Then hang up, because I don't want to hear another word lisp out of your disgusting mouth, you worthless sack of..."

Well, you get the idea. 

YES, YES THIS
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Apparently she prefers Miss.

A very sad part of this whole situation is that Dora has, in effect, built her whole life around Marten's social circle. All of her employees are through Marten (exception: Penny- but where the hell is she?)
The awkward overlapping social circle thing is valid enough, but actually Faye worked at the CoD before she introduced Marten to Dora.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Hanners made up her mind to cheer Marten up.  No, I'm not shipping, I just mean simply and directly that she'd want him to be happy again.  He's pretty much her first "real" friend, after all, and despite how much she likes Dora, she's much closer to him.  I'm half-expecting her to show up sometime this week, armed with a worry hat and a cake, or something similar.

I also wonder what Marten's plan for the day is.  Pity we don't know what day it is in the QC-niverse... or, for that matter, what Marten's work schedule is.  Here's hoping he has the day off work today, or at least has the sense to call in sick otherwise.  Guy doesn't look in any shape to go out right now, least of all to the library where girls are apparently hitting on him at all times, and he'd probably notice it now.  Not that it would cheer him up in the slightest, which is why I hope he stays away.

And just think, more than 50% of the people reading this are seeing Hanners naked and sweaty 'cheering' Marten up. Which would be theta) Massively Out Of Character, and gamma) Wouldn't Work.

When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Hanners made up her mind to cheer Marten up.  No, I'm not shipping, I just mean simply and directly that she'd want him to be happy again.  He's pretty much her first "real" friend, after all, and despite how much she likes Dora, she's much closer to him.  I'm half-expecting her to show up sometime this week, armed with a worry hat and a cake, or something similar.

I also wonder what Marten's plan for the day is.  Pity we don't know what day it is in the QC-niverse... or, for that matter, what Marten's work schedule is.  Here's hoping he has the day off work today, or at least has the sense to call in sick otherwise.  Guy doesn't look in any shape to go out right now, least of all to the library where girls are apparently hitting on him at all times, and he'd probably notice it now.  Not that it would cheer him up in the slightest, which is why I hope he stays away.

And just think, more than 50% of the people reading this are seeing Hanners naked and sweatily 'cheering' Marten up. Which would be theta) Massively Out Of Character, and gamma) Wouldn't Work.

Luckily, we now have a thread for such sweat-soaked fantasizing (shameless plug).

Actually, on that note, did you know that QC has barely any fanfiction presence that I can find? IT'S SO WEIRD. With the amount of people who want to hook up its characters in non-Euclidean contortions of love, no fanfic. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, SHIPPERS? WRITE THE DREAMS YOU WILL NOT SEE  :psyduck:

(seriously go write it, it will make you feel better

and you may feel like you don't have to write it here then

ulterior motive

yes)
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch

No, we will not write fanfic.

Or at least, I won't
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

shengokai

• Not quite a lurker

I know I'm in the minority, but this is starting to irritate me.

Okay, yes, Dora went all psycho on Marten. Yes, she broke up with him because of unfounded issues. And yes, it was rather unfair that she seemed to stay static instead of trying a little harder to change herself. But dammit, there are TWO people in a relationship. TWO. Why are we spending so much time focusing on what a screw up Dora is? The comic seems to be bolding, italicizing, and underlining how crazy and stupid Dora was to break up with Marten, and so far there aren't any suggestions of Marten's mistakes. Someone mentioned in the last thread, for example, that Marten merely seemed to tolerate Dora's insecurities rather than actively try to allay them. He overreacted pretty heavily over the porn thing due to holding in his rage for too long. Where's the mention of that?

Having been in that situation, I can say that no matter how much you provide proof, or attempt to allay those fears, if the person who has them is not ready to accept that truth, then nothing you can do will help. You can beat them over the head with the obvious, but ultimately it's on them to accept whether or not they want to believe it.

Dora did not want to accept what both Marten and Faye were saying to her, she refused to see that Faye was moving on and getting her own relationships, and that Marten was perfectly happy. Granted, the pantsless talk, and Faye's own admission that she still has feelings for Marten might be putting more logs on the fire, but both of those are incidental at best: Faye was Marten's friend before Dora was his girlfriend; and feelings take time to change, especially ones born of emotional insecurity.

Yes, Dora fucked up bad, but this was a no win situation for marten.

shengokai

• Not quite a lurker

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Hanners made up her mind to cheer Marten up.  No, I'm not shipping, I just mean simply and directly that she'd want him to be happy again.  He's pretty much her first "real" friend, after all, and despite how much she likes Dora, she's much closer to him.  I'm half-expecting her to show up sometime this week, armed with a worry hat and a cake, or something similar.

I also wonder what Marten's plan for the day is.  Pity we don't know what day it is in the QC-niverse... or, for that matter, what Marten's work schedule is.  Here's hoping he has the day off work today, or at least has the sense to call in sick otherwise.  Guy doesn't look in any shape to go out right now, least of all to the library where girls are apparently hitting on him at all times, and he'd probably notice it now.  Not that it would cheer him up in the slightest, which is why I hope he stays away.

And just think, more than 50% of the people reading this are seeing Hanners naked and sweaty 'cheering' Marten up. Which would be theta) Massively Out Of Character, and gamma) Wouldn't Work.

Hanners counted slowly to herself the number of [redacted], watching Marten with inquisitive eyes.

"Wait, wait, you can't before you hit a prime number," she cried, breathless. She would have to do something to make sure Marten [redacted] in the next couple of moments otherwise it would be all for naught...

:evil:

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico

I'm sure her own son doesn't call her Mrs. Vance. That'd be.....weird. My mother is listed as "MOM" in my cellphone.

I could see her being in the R's. My mom is in my cell phones by Last name, First Name, just like everyone else (while the shortcut from a widget I use does say "Mom"

muffin_of_chaos

• Plantmonster

Dora will get her time in the sun, don't worry about that.  She's just probably less socially interactive at the moment* (* - stretch of time Marten's now been awake).  And Jeph seems to appreciate a steady, forward chronology.

I'm not sure they do.  :? While Hanners is in the lead (followed closely by yelling bird), I've yet to see any implication that anyone thinks that Manners would be more than "cutesy, with no nudity for the conceivable future."  Y'know, until two posts before this.

I'm under the impression Marten shouldn't be with anyone.  He may have the sensitivity part down, but he sure does suck at acting to strengthen his relationship with "strong women."  Which would probably be worse with "not strong women."  Maybe he needs some time to hang out with Steve who might act as a nice foil in this impressionable period.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Hanners counted slowly to herself the number of [redacted], watching Marten with inquisitive eyes.

"Wait, wait, you can't before you hit a prime number," she cried, breathless. She would have to do something to make sure Marten [redacted] in the next couple of moments otherwise it would be all for naught...

When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.

I'm actually glad to not see QC fanfic. Well Written fanfic is wonderful - it's also as rare as hen's teeth.
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?

Awesome facial expressions yet again.  Marten really does look exhausted -- he's gonna be on autopilot today whether he's working or not.

Totally in-character for Faye to want to beat some sense into Dora, but perhaps Faye will realize that she can be more frightening when she's nice.  The violence is implied, indeed.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

PaxCeciliaPwns

• Not quite a lurker

I don't think Dora is being portrayed as the 'bad guy'. She really had no other option but to do something wrong to make things right in the long term. She knows she's over-worrying (for lack of a better word I guess), and cops up to it. If they stayed together things would have gotten worse and worse. Marten understands it, and she understands it. The thing is, however, he WAS getting sick of it. He yelled at her because of it instead of trying to really help her through it. He wasn't lying when he said it was mutual. So I don't think you can really label either as the 'bad guy'.

Marten is the spikey haired hero though, so of course we have to think of him as Hipster Jesus.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Marten is the spikey haired hero though, so of course we have to think of him as Hipster Jesus.
I think of him as Hipster Buddha  :wink:
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

shengokai

• Not quite a lurker

I was thinking of that XKCD when I was posting that. Kudos to you sir!

daryljfontaine

• Larger than most fish

Her therapist.  "Doc, you know our session on Thursday?  Make it a double."

D
It takes a village to raise a child.  It takes a Viking to raze a village.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.

Jeph's strip proves that Marten/Faye are the OTP!  They're MEANT to be together, even their little voices in their head say so!  Dora's not being a broken/insane/idiotic person, she's bowing to the POWER OF TWU WUV!!!
Although you made it quite clear you weren't serious it actually does exactly the opposite. Even I, who would surely rank among the most die-hard of Fayten shippers, must admit defeat. It sucks.

(emphasis mine)

I prefer "Farten".
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

michael28

I just realised we got from QC 1669 They're channeling Yelling Bird to that
QC1799 Trackings Sounds alone
in less than 150 Strips...

she's kind of erratic our ex-goth, ex-blond,entrepreneur, metall-vixen ^^  :psyduck:

The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?"
- Sigmund Freud -

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!

That's about the same number of strips as between Marten and Faye moving into the new apartment and "The Talk."
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

shengokai

• Not quite a lurker

I could expand on my previous attempt, and post it later. I mean, if people really want to see the realization of their shipping.

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi

I only wonder if the Vespavenger will make a return after all this.

Tequila Monster definitely should.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

Soluzar

• Emoticontraindication
  • That guy.

For what it's worth, I don't consider Dora or Marten the bad guy in all this. I just think that both of them are better off not in that relationship. I like Dora just fine as long as she isn't being a crazy paranoid girlfriend and also isn't trying to take charge of other people's business. Maybe if she could manage her own love life worth a damn I'd accept that she was in a position to comment on what Sven, Faye and Hannelore (to name but three) get up to in their own time.

Draven_Xero

• Not quite a lurker
  • I AM the mighty UGAR!!!
    • Strange Haze comic and other fun stuff

Okay, I'm finally coming outa my lurking corner...
Alls I can say is, I gotta agree that neither's the bad guy, but then, I'm a pretty agreeable dude. Way I see it, it's probably better this way overall for both characters...at least in the long run.
But mostly I'm just along for the ride, and as much as I love the light comedic stuff, for whatever reason it's the drama that keeps me comin back every night/morning.
So yeah...kudos to Mr. Jaques for the masterful work.

benenator

• Plantmonster
  • The time for ends has ended.

A note on the "Is that the French Fry Hoodie?!":

The Hoodie de French Fries
The Hoodie de Angst

Different pocket shape, different and no hood-string -- or holes for one.

:-D

Forger of the One-Over-Infinity Earlobe Mace.

If you want to know about me, read my entry in the "Hi, I'm new!" forum. :roll:

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.

Actually, the French-Fry hoodie's pockets inexplicably disappear in the last panel there.  Maybe it's some sort of hoodie-shapeshifter.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

PaxCeciliaPwns

• Not quite a lurker

I think of him as Hipster Buddha  :wink:
I wouldn't rub Marten's belly though, he's so skinny you'd probably feel his spine :x

ElvisRevenge

• PLEASE HANNERS, DON'T HURT 'EM
    • Tumblr

While I'd like the return of either, I wonder if we're still in that sort of universe where things can get extra ridiculous. The lines between our universe and the QC-verse are becoming more blurred. Not a positive or negative, just an observation.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

Actually, the French-Fry hoodie's pockets inexplicably disappear in the last panel there.  Maybe it's some sort of hoodie-shapeshifter.
Oh noes! It's the Venom symbiont!

Quick, ring a large bell and see if it screams.

Really though, if Venom+Spiderman = Callous super-powered monster, then Venom+pissed off indie nerd = ?
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Laminator_X

• Not quite a lurker
    • Complaint Department

While I'd like the return of either, I wonder if we're still in that sort of universe where things can get extra ridiculous. The lines between our universe and the QC-verse are becoming more blurred. Not a positive or negative, just an observation.

I saw The Singularity arriving as a reminder that they're not "here."

TheEvilDog

then Venom+pissed off indie nerd = ?

Kinda obvious isn't it? The answer would be Tobey Maguire..... And I think I threw up a little bit at that thought....

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.

then Venom+pissed off indie nerd = ?

Kinda obvious isn't it? The answer would be Tobey Maguire..... And I think I threw up a little bit at that thought....
Admit it, you want to see Marten walking down the street in full douche-hipster regalia, hair down over his face, thrusting his hips at passing ladies.

God, Spiderman 3 was terrible. Most wasted two hours of my life.
Quis pater tibi est?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up