THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 05:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: We love our pets!  (Read 320226 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: We love our pets!
« Reply #800 on: 07 Feb 2014, 14:58 »

That malamute video cracks me up. I find it hilarious how larger dogs can be afraid of cats sometimes. My best friend had a dog (saluki/border collie mix) and she was terrified of my cat Waffles. He never did anything, no swipes, hisses, or growls, but he'd just glare at her and it got to the point she was too afraid to come into the house. She'd quietly wait on the porch and peek in every once in a while to check on us and if he looked at her, she'd wimper. I miss them both.

Also I kind of want a klee kai because it's basically a tiny husky/malamute. SO CUTE! (Size reference, that's a husky on the left and a full grown klee kai on the right.)

:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #801 on: 07 Feb 2014, 15:42 »

Kleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :emotrex:
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->
« Reply #802 on: 08 Feb 2014, 00:16 »

I want a GSD so bad T_T

When I saw this, I immediately thought you wanted a Gun Sight Dog, even though I'm familiar with the acronym.

The Seldom Killer

« Reply #803 on: 08 Feb 2014, 00:24 »

lfgss.com just had a run of Cats as Ornaments. Felt compelled to share.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #805 on: 10 Mar 2014, 18:26 »

I wish I could :(

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #806 on: 10 Mar 2014, 19:01 »

Jayne says he's most likely been placed. Will keep you all updated.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #807 on: 10 Mar 2014, 19:09 »

:)

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #808 on: 10 Mar 2014, 22:19 »

Ran into this friendly pup while hanging out downtown earlier.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #809 on: 11 Mar 2014, 11:58 »

The good news for people who like bunnies is you can usually pick up some real cuties cheap about two weeks after.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #810 on: 12 Mar 2014, 10:07 »

Taekwondoin

• Furry furrier
  • Fabulous Max
    • cumming on the face of society
La vie est drôle

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #812 on: 13 Mar 2014, 15:38 »

As far as I know at this time, he's been placed :3

Taekwondoin

• Furry furrier
  • Fabulous Max
    • cumming on the face of society
« Reply #813 on: 13 Mar 2014, 16:00 »

As far as I know at this time, he's been placed :3

I hope so. No healthy dog animal deserves to be put down.
La vie est drôle

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #814 on: 13 Mar 2014, 16:19 »

I actually contacted them so I could take him and they said they had found someone closer then me XD

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #815 on: 13 Mar 2014, 18:01 »

Hooray! Hopefully that cutie is going to be happy there.

In other news, my class now has a guinea pig, Maisy:

I have never owned anything other than a cat or fish (never again) and the last animal we had in the room was a gerbil (boring!) and I have to say she is quite an interesting gal. She gets super excited when I come in in the morning and flip on the lights (lots of jumping up and down), she's chatty, and the kids love giving her apples and pears. Also guinea pigs make the funniest sound when they "purr", it's more like a chortle. I'm actually kind of disappointed my mom never got me one as a kid, she's pretty fun.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #816 on: 13 Mar 2014, 18:37 »

I've never seen a guinea pig with that kinda fur before. I love guinea pigs as pets though, they're very smart and talkative when they're comfortable and have a lot of personality for a rodent. They definitely recognize people and react different to people the like and dislike. All of their sounds are super cute, but the chortle's up there on the list.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #817 on: 13 Mar 2014, 19:18 »

Yeah, until her, I'd never seen it before either. It's very wooly, but still very soft. There were three little ones at the pet store: a sleek one, one with the spiky-type hair, and I could see this one's butt poking out from a tunnel, so I moved it and was all ermergerd!

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #818 on: 13 Mar 2014, 21:10 »

Should have taken all three! They're communal critters :3

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #819 on: 14 Mar 2014, 14:55 »

I found that out later, but I honestly don't have room enough in my classroom for a cage that'd be big enough for two of them.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #820 on: 14 Mar 2014, 16:47 »

She'll be fine, all the kids around is plenty of social interaction.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #821 on: 14 Mar 2014, 21:59 »

The kids and i constantly talk to her and I take her out and pet her when I can, so I'm sure she's fine.

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
« Reply #822 on: 20 Mar 2014, 07:40 »

Awwww, she's adorable!!! I have a soft spot for those little guys. One of these days I have to get on the forums at home instead of at work so I can post some photos of my piggers.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

lepetitfromage

« Reply #823 on: 20 Mar 2014, 07:47 »

Oh! Also- get her a couple cardboard tubes. She'll love them and the kids will love watching her playing with (and probably munching on) them. They loooooove grapes too (have to be seedless).

Wrapping paper rolls cut up into 4-5 inch long segments are great because they don't use glue to hold the paper on like they sometimes do with paper towel and/or TP rolls. We keep a stockpile for Rocko because he goes through moments where no amount of food will satisfy him and he'll yell at us until we give him a tube. The wheeks drive Nick crazy but I think they're adorable haha. Every once in a while, we'll chat with each other, just wheeking back and forth. :-P

Mlle Germain

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #824 on: 20 Mar 2014, 16:09 »

Aw, this reminds me of my guinea pigs. The last I had died two years ago at the ripe old age of nine and a half (having outlived her companion by one and a half years) when I'd already gone to uni. I'd love to have two of them again, but that's something I can't do in student accomodation.
The noises they make are really cute. When I took my last guinea pigs inside because one of them had rheumatism, they figured out that the sound of the fridge opening in the nearby kitchen often meant food, so they always started squeaking as soon as someone was rummaging around in the kitchen. I'd love to post some pictures of them, but they're all on my old computer.
With my guinea pigs, their favourite food varied a lot: One really liked red peppers (not green or yellow, though), one loved chicory (although it would get diarrhea if we gave him too much) and the next two were so spoiled they wouldn't eat things we fed them for too long anymore, except really fresh young salad. Of course, these were more like treats; the bulk of their food was hay, carrots and grass in summer (though also not too much of the latter).

lepetitfromage

« Reply #825 on: 20 Mar 2014, 18:27 »

Hahaha the fridge thing is great. For a while, Rocko thought that every plastic bag was the sound of his hay bag and wheeked like crazy whenever anything crinkled. Thankfully, since we started getting his hay from a local farm and keeping it in boxes, he's learned that sometimes a bag is just a bag.  :-P

I forgot that my camera corrupted a crapton of photos before I got to upload them, so unfortunately I'm missing a lot, but here are a few photos of my boys :-)

Here they are, enjoying some outside play time (aka grass eating time)

Here is Rocko, being a ham. "Look at how cute I am, Mommy! Give me all the things I want, ok?"

Here he is again.....he loves the camera. Look at that little mouth! Wah!

Here's me and Spunky when I first got him. 2008 I think? He went to piggie heaven at the end of 2012. Little dude got a pretty bad respiratory infection and all the meds the vet had couldn't save him. My pigs were my first real pets, so I was heartbroken when I had to say goodbye.  :cry:

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #826 on: 20 Mar 2014, 20:27 »

Guinea pigs really are the best rodent pet, interactive, adorable, easy to socialize, relatively health issue free and they can be quite long lived if you take care of them. Lots of personality too.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #827 on: 21 Mar 2014, 05:08 »

You know, I think I might get one when I move.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #828 on: 21 Mar 2014, 05:48 »

If you're gonna get one, get two. Social pets always do better with a friend

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #829 on: 21 Mar 2014, 06:20 »

I'm not sure why I put this in the pointless thread yesterday, but I'm postin' it again

Robert got offended that (1) the dog hangs out on the bed with me but not him, and (2) when he does he uses Robert's pillow.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #830 on: 21 Mar 2014, 09:16 »

I wish I could have a guinea pig or two! Maybe when I'm somewhere bigger.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #831 on: 21 Mar 2014, 10:47 »

Now that spring is here, maybe I can get a pen and take the guinea pig outside to play with the kids. I wonder if my boss would let me...

Mlle Germain

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #832 on: 21 Mar 2014, 11:58 »

Here they are, enjoying some outside play time (aka grass eating time)
[lots of pics]

They're adorable! The almost completely black one looks a lot like the last I had, Black Beauty (I like horses, read lots of horse stories when I was little, the guinea pig was completely black and I thought it was funny). At least as far as I can judge from the picture. Does he also have really thick fur? Blacky's always made a layer at least a centimetre thick and was so long on her bum that she trailed some of it on the floor.
So far, I've only had one fuzzy guinea pig (the first one I had - looked like a punk) and three with sleek fur. I heard that the sleek ones are slightly longer lived on average, but that was not the reason I didn't get a fuzzy one again; that was just coincidence. They're all cute, so I didn't really think too much about how exactly they looked when I got them. Maybe my next one will be fuzzy.

Linds, yours has really unusual fur! Maybe that's because it's still little (at least it looks little on the photo). She's very cute, though. I think it's awesome that your class gets to have a pet, I wish I could have had that when I was at school.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #833 on: 23 Mar 2014, 07:36 »

The greatest pet comic known to man and beast: http://imgur.com/gallery/UBUwA

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #834 on: 26 Mar 2014, 04:30 »

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #835 on: 26 Mar 2014, 05:15 »

There's nothing there.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #836 on: 30 Mar 2014, 11:33 »

The Seldom Killer

« Reply #837 on: 30 Mar 2014, 14:37 »

Cats own humans, mostly stupid humans.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #838 on: 30 Mar 2014, 15:46 »

Garand, it's like the cat had little rat babies! So cute!

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #839 on: 30 Mar 2014, 16:20 »

That was my joke to the owner Linds lol.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #840 on: 01 Apr 2014, 06:07 »

Things I hate:
My local pet store is awesome, they're great people and very knowledgeable... however... they have a big white rabbit (adult) who was dyed with pet safe dyes for Easter which makes me face palm, but at least it's an adult bunny, and then a big case of chicks. Yes. Chicks. As in baby chickens. They have pictures showing what the various breeds of chicks grow into, but they're clearly not gender segregated and I doubt any one's really thinking about the chicken said cute lil'chick is gonna turn into. The little fuckers grow FAST too. Especially when fed properly.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #841 on: 01 Apr 2014, 18:25 »

I would buy one and lie to a child, saying, "It's an Easter chick, so it's only going to lay chocolate eggs!" and then watch them be soooo disappointed with either normal eggs or the fact that the chick grew into a rooster and therefore cannot lay eggs. And then maybe lie to them again about being full of chocolate when the time comes to slaughter it.  :evil:

Note: I would never do the previously mentioned things to a child because I'm not quite that mean.

In all seriousness, I hate people who try to sell animals around Easter as well as the people who buy them. It's not a chocolate bunny or a marshmallow peep. You're gonna have it and have to feed it for much longer than you think.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #842 on: 03 Apr 2014, 19:18 »

Meet Tina, Sarah's stepmom's cat.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #843 on: 03 Apr 2014, 23:39 »

Hi Tina!
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #844 on: 16 Apr 2014, 19:41 »

On The Overwhelmingly Important Issue of Cat Litter:

I'm trying out a lightweight litter, half the weight of the usual clumping litter. It's a Tidy Cat brand from Purina. It's scented, which I worry the cats will avoid. Has anyone tried it? Any drawbacks?

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #845 on: 17 Apr 2014, 06:11 »

I wouldn't give my cat anything that's scented. My dude refused to drink water if it came out of the tab.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #846 on: 17 Apr 2014, 06:17 »

...your water is scented?
Our cats would, opposed to that, sometimes demand water from the tap.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #847 on: 17 Apr 2014, 07:24 »

I'm looking into getting a couple guinea pigs. Will probably wait till I'm totally done with college first.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #848 on: 17 Apr 2014, 07:28 »

My boyfriend's cat had a tumour removed the other day, they didn't know what it was but decided to remove it anyway since it was growing. Today they told him it's not cancer! Yay!
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #849 on: 22 Apr 2014, 06:55 »

My dog started licking my ear, and that led to some things.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30   Go Up