THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 01:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: We love our pets!  (Read 320172 times)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Re: We love our pets!
« Reply #1000 on: 13 Aug 2014, 19:55 »

They're cavvies of course!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #1001 on: 13 Aug 2014, 20:58 »

They're cavvies of course!
Or cuy if you're feeling peckish.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1002 on: 13 Aug 2014, 21:46 »

I've been thinking about it, and guinea pigs are probably one of the few animals I'd actually have an issue eating in a survival situation. Rabbits, healthy looking rats and mice, squirrels, raccoons, possums, and whatever the hell else up to killing a bear with a rock and eating it raw if I have to, but guinea pigs? Nah man.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #1003 on: 14 Aug 2014, 06:12 »

The guinea pigs are getting a lot more sociable with me. Even the more timid one comes up to the side of the cage sometimes when I come in the room. The other follows me, as much as he can, as I walk around the room. Can't believe I've only had them for a month, feels like they've lived with me for years.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1004 on: 16 Aug 2014, 08:19 »

A little blurry, but it's tough to catch a puppy midyawn! :wow:
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2014, 21:21 by Method of Madness »
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1005 on: 16 Aug 2014, 09:11 »

Puppy!!

Noxx

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #1006 on: 18 Aug 2014, 00:09 »

Frank inspecting the refloored office.
Need advice, empathy, or just to bitch me out? You can always message my FB @ https://www.facebook.com/bob.shaffer.37

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1007 on: 18 Aug 2014, 00:48 »

He does not look pleased with the outcome.

Noxx

« Reply #1008 on: 18 Aug 2014, 01:33 »

He does not look pleased with the outcome.

It's one more room in which he'll lose games of tuggin rope. Frank is a big fan of carpet traction. He was irate when we tiled the dining room.
Need advice, empathy, or just to bitch me out? You can always message my FB @ https://www.facebook.com/bob.shaffer.37

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1009 on: 23 Aug 2014, 11:11 »

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1010 on: 24 Aug 2014, 10:45 »

So I have new roommates! No longer do I live with Bailey the Corgi, but Samwise the Quaker parrot, and Simon the Chinchilla! I'll get pictures later, in the meantime meet Lucky the coyote pup who hangs out near my buddy's billet at a training base somewhere unspecified for security reasons.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1011 on: 24 Aug 2014, 11:43 »

Awwwwww!

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #1012 on: 24 Aug 2014, 18:11 »

We are trying to re-home our dog before the baby comes (:-(). Robert's friends currently have a photoshop battle going on with a picture of their friend Ray making a silly face, so I made this.
original:
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1013 on: 25 Aug 2014, 13:39 »

How come you're rehoming the dog pre-baby?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1014 on: 25 Aug 2014, 14:37 »

Aw, sad for doggy and you. :( Funny photo though.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #1015 on: 25 Aug 2014, 19:33 »

Because we have discovered that he has an originally-undisclosed tendency to try to eat small children. He is too big to be untrustworthy around one so small.
In fact pretty much everything his previous family told the shelter was a lie, except the fact that he drools like crazy during car rides.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1016 on: 25 Aug 2014, 19:44 »

How did you discover his tendency to eat children? and how strong a tendency are we talking here?

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #1017 on: 25 Aug 2014, 19:55 »

He now knows the directions to every unused quarry within 100mi.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1018 on: 25 Aug 2014, 21:06 »

Sounds like my kinda dog

Meet Simon the Chinchilla, aka Chinny, my roommate's ex's pet. Apparently he'll be staying with us for awhile. If not permanently

And this is Samwise the Quaker parrot, aka a $250 meal of fried chicken if he doesn't pull his head out of his cloaca and stop being a feathery little asshole.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2014, 21:11 by GarandMarine »

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1019 on: 25 Aug 2014, 21:07 »

I WANT A CHINCHILLA

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #1020 on: 26 Aug 2014, 03:55 »

The paperwork from the shelter said he was good with kids, but we suspect it was more like, there were kids in the house who messed with him a lot. He lunged for and nipped a neighborhood kid without any warning while we were out on a walk. He also has not had any successful interactions with our niece. The first time with Angie we are not sure if it should 'count' because it was in the first week we had him, and we've since found that he will do this "I'm not trying to bite you, I just turned my head while my mouth was open and now there's a hand in it" thing sometimes. But taken altogether, and according to the trainer we took him to too, we just don't feel we can trust him enough to be around a baby. Some places we talked to were saying that he "might" be fine because he'll be a family member, but like I said he's just so big. If anything went badly it could happen fast and be really bad.

One of our high school friends is interested in adopting him, so he's going to come down and visit tomorrow. We don't want to put him back into the shelter's kennel if we can avoid it - lots of stress and chances to get sick.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1021 on: 30 Aug 2014, 12:41 »

There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1022 on: 31 Aug 2014, 10:21 »

Such a pretty kitty!

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #1023 on: 31 Aug 2014, 10:54 »

You. Human. I require food and head-skritching.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1024 on: 31 Aug 2014, 10:58 »

She always has food (mostly scattered around her bowl...) and has head skritching on demand :) She's such a snuggly kitty.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1025 on: 31 Aug 2014, 11:09 »

Noxx

« Reply #1026 on: 31 Aug 2014, 22:06 »

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1027 on: 01 Sep 2014, 00:42 »

Noxx, your dog has melted.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1028 on: 01 Sep 2014, 15:51 »

YES YOU ARE! AND YOU'RE SITTING THERE! HI, KITTY!

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Noxx

« Reply #1029 on: 01 Sep 2014, 19:29 »

Noxx, your dog has melted.

Yeah he does that. He has problems with gravity as well.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1030 on: 02 Sep 2014, 07:44 »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1031 on: 03 Sep 2014, 08:53 »

Total fail on the cat toys front. Paige is in her silly mood (she suddenly starts chasing her own tail in circles and running around, which is adorable) so I tried rolling her only cat toy, a small cat nip-filled ball with feathers sticking out, towards her. She looked at it, gave the feathers a few gentle licks, then curled up and used it as a pillow.

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->
« Reply #1032 on: 03 Sep 2014, 09:14 »

Call that a win.

Newt's favourite toy is currently the plastic core from a bicycle cassette for kitty football and Ripley has taken to fighting Newt. Will have to treat her to some more rug monster to try and alleviate this.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #1033 on: 03 Sep 2014, 09:18 »

My kitten is obsessed with tissue paper. I keep it for the ferrets, who absolutely love the crinkle noise, and love burrowing in it. But she has started tearing off pieces and chasing them everywhere. Plus, since it's tissue paper, it won't be harmful if she swallows any.

But her other favorite toys are soft mouse shaped things full of catnip. Especially if they have dangly tails.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1034 on: 03 Sep 2014, 13:01 »

I know I'm projecting guilt on to them but it's funny when I tell the guineas to stop chewing on something they shouldn't be chewing on and they just look at me in a kind of, "What? I was doing something? No, I wasn't." way.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #1035 on: 03 Sep 2014, 14:53 »

Patrick the dog got picked up by his new dad this afternoon. :( He's going to a friend of ours from high school so it's not like we won't be able to see him, but it's already weird having just two of us in the house.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1036 on: 03 Sep 2014, 15:10 »

Welu, my guinea pig chews on her cage a lot and I keep telling her to stop. The kids in my class have also picked up telling her to stop chewing on her cage. Kind of funny.

Also I've decided my guinea pig is spoiled. She squeaks at every single meal time and will not stop until I give her a fruit or veggie. Luckily I stocked up on carrots, snap peas, and celery recently, so she's getting more than just an apple here and there.

Question though - she will not chew on any of the toys I've gotten her. I've got a salt block on the side of her cage and a wooden dangly thing (she pretty much ignored the sticks that stayed on the  bottom of her cage) and she rarely chews them. Any suggestions?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #1037 on: 03 Sep 2014, 15:14 »

Cheap, simple toys for kittens: shoestrings and crumpled aluminum foil balls.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1038 on: 04 Sep 2014, 01:00 »

I think one of the reasons Paige doesn't really play (other than the fact that she's an adult cat so just a bit more sedate) is that she's missing a front leg, so it'd be harder for her to bat at something or chase it around without toppling over. She is very agile when she wants to be and comes lolloping across the room at an impressive speed to be petted or to snuggle, but she's just not that bothered by playing so maybe it's not worth the effort.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1039 on: 04 Sep 2014, 03:18 »

Maybe buy her a tunnel or box thingy that is crinkly or has something interesting inside so she can roll around to play? She probably like the smell of catnip if she's lying on it, but like you said, she can't bat at it.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1040 on: 04 Sep 2014, 04:05 »

That's an idea, I could construct a tunnel out of the corrugated cardboard I kept in the hopes it might be a good scratch pad - she hasn't shown any signs of wanting to scratch anything and I've got a scratch post with a scratch base anyway.

She has just climbed into the cat bed I bought her, and that she'd so far totally ignored! I'm very excited because I wanted to be sure she had somewhere she felt safe and comfortable for when visitors are over. She didn't want to use it when it was at the foot of my bed but now it's next to the head of the bed it's much nicer apparently...

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1041 on: 04 Sep 2014, 10:12 »

Of course! Having it there means that she can breathe smelly breath all over you in the morning much more easily.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1042 on: 04 Sep 2014, 11:25 »

Oh, she doesn't sleep there at night. At night she sleeps as close to me as she physically can, usually right next to my hips.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1043 on: 04 Sep 2014, 13:25 »

My piggies don't seem interested in their bought toys either. They love chewing on toilets roll tubes, which I cut open so they don't get stuck in them) and brown paper bags but I have no advice if you're looking for stuff to keep their teeth down.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1044 on: 04 Sep 2014, 14:08 »

I need some cuteness. So I am posting some cute pics.

what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #1045 on: 04 Sep 2014, 15:26 »

Boyfriend and his kitty, Norma. I'm so lucky!
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #1046 on: 05 Sep 2014, 09:36 »

Gonna post some pictures of the cats at our summer house. Forums, meet Pookie and Big Boss (or Patrón):

They're sisters:

Pookie being derp.

Pookie is super preggers. We're expecting her kitten very soon.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1047 on: 05 Sep 2014, 10:14 »

Chubby momma kitty belly <3 <3 <3

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1048 on: 14 Sep 2014, 01:32 »

I kept some corrugated card from a parcel for Paige, hoping she might like to scratch on it instead of the carpet (I also bought her a scratching post, which she has utterly ignored). She has decided that the cardboard is a lovely place for a nap. I despair!

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #1049 on: 14 Sep 2014, 02:02 »

cats do what they want to do, irrespective of what us humans want.  They are gods, and deserve to be treated as such.

Edit:  They have scratching things with nip involved, so the kitteh can scratch things and get high at the same time.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30   Go Up