THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V  (Read 143262 times)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
Re: Elder Scrolls V
« Reply #350 on: 02 Feb 2012, 13:54 »

Seeing these Dead End Thrills shots for Skyrim makes me want to seek out that spot at the College of Winterhold.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #351 on: 04 Feb 2012, 07:15 »

What/where is this location??

If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

DrPhibes

• FIGHT YOU
  • Hai. Zorro here. Any CC?
« Reply #352 on: 04 Feb 2012, 07:22 »

Thats behind Windhelm around Snow Veil Sanctum
http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/8/88/Skyrimmap.png

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #353 on: 05 Feb 2012, 14:17 »

Ok, 'behind' is relative with no cardinal direction :-P

Still haven't been down to Falkreath yet.  That entire hold is basically the last unexplored region in the game for me.

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #354 on: 05 Feb 2012, 16:30 »

Still haven't been down to Falkreath yet.  That entire hold is basically the last unexplored region in the game for me.

You're not missing much, that place is pretty dead.
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

DrPhibes

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #355 on: 09 Feb 2012, 11:44 »

Just to have some fun
go to console ~
enter:
TCL
player.setav speedmult 1000

Go up. Fly! And then go that high mountain and discover Skyrim from there :)

TheEvilDog

« Reply #356 on: 11 Feb 2012, 18:31 »

There are some moments that really make this game even more worthwhile. One example was when I joined the Imperial Legion and was charged with clearing an old fort of bandits. Fair enough, I kill the bandits (and rather disturbingly getting the decapitation kill-cam for all of them), except for the leader who is holed up in a tower firing arrows at me. So I make my way up the tower and decide to Fus!Ro! him and then attack him while he was stunned. What I did not expect was catching him in the feet with the Shout and watching him getting blasted off the tower, down the cliff and hitting every rock on the way down.....

Or even better, in the same playthrough, I was on my way to one of the Dwarven ruins as part of the Mage's College questline (yes, I am a Nordic, ebony armor wearing warrior with little magic beyond heal and the flames spells, what of it?), and I decide to travel to Kynesgrove as it was the closest settlement to the village. Only what happens? The town is attacked by not one, but two dragons, an Elder and a blood dragon. Naturally, part of me is going "CrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrap!" but another part of me is going "Oh this is nice, I'll get enough dragon bones and scales to finish that Legendary level dragon armor for Aela". I get off my horse and fight one of the dragons as it faceplants into the ground and just as I'm about to kill it, my horse does the deed instead.... And prompted gets killed by the other dragon as it burns the horse to a crisp.

Incidently, Goats + The Seven Thousand Steps journey + Fire Breath = Lots of laughs as you watch the goat gets blasted off the cliff  (I like to think they all end up hitting Temba Wide-Arms)

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #357 on: 12 Feb 2012, 05:47 »

Oh man I want to play this again, but I can't until skyboost is up to date, as my game is HORRIBLY laggy without it. Also CREATION KIT YES YES YES!

Anyone want to hang out in a chat room and plan out a mod? Or make a thread for it? I'm thinking a straight up content mod - cave or fort or player home or something like that. I really want to get into modding this game, as it has proper tools to support it.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

DrPhibes

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #358 on: 12 Feb 2012, 06:35 »

Seems like fun Snalin!

Im up for it but where is this chatroom?

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #359 on: 12 Feb 2012, 10:06 »

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #360 on: 12 Feb 2012, 12:49 »

Oh man I want to play this again, but I can't until skyboost is up to date, as my game is HORRIBLY laggy without it. Also CREATION KIT YES YES YES!

Anyone want to hang out in a chat room and plan out a mod? Or make a thread for it? I'm thinking a straight up content mod - cave or fort or player home or something like that. I really want to get into modding this game, as it has proper tools to support it.
I'd be down for that. Do you just have an area in mind, or a quest to go with it as well?
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #361 on: 12 Feb 2012, 13:16 »

I will perform whatever unholy acts you want if you can make the paladin Judgement Armor from WoW into a mod:

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #362 on: 13 Feb 2012, 13:38 »

I'd be down for that. Do you just have an area in mind, or a quest to go with it as well?

I've got a rough idea about it - I want to experiment with dungeon layouts (probably caves) with multiple routes through them, to see how that can work.

The reasoning behind this is that while Bethesda has made some great dungeons overall, with nice vistas, a great buildup of tension, and has made the choice (that I'm very fond of) of letting you have a shortcut back at the end, the dungeons are mostly linear. The only branches are usually dead ends with some extra loot. There is one dungeon in particular that stands out to me as great, which is the one you get to if you take the job from the obviously sketchy khajit Je-Raa in Solitude, and follow the quest line all the way through (called "light's out"). You get to broken oar grotto, which in addition to a cool housing for the locals, has some great alternative paths - there's water in the bottom of the cave, and you can walk along either the right side of the cave wall, or on platforms in the middle. It makes for some great bow-battles with cool views.

So, I want to make a cave, not necessarily with a quest to go with it, where you have multiple (as in more than two) angles of attack to get from the entrance to the loot chest - not only in direction, but also with regards to how you get through, and what challenges you face. Mainly I want to play around with the kit and make a dungeon, but this is the main point. For now. If anyone wants to give feedback or help make the thing, that could help a lot, and would probably be great fun.

DrPhibes

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #363 on: 13 Feb 2012, 13:55 »

DID NO ONE SEE THE EPIC BIG CAVE?

THE ONE WITH 1000 FALMAR? and some churarhahres (or what they are called)

not to shout but srsly, you missed some epic cave. With even more caves and buildings (like churches) inside...

forgot the name tho lolz

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #364 on: 13 Feb 2012, 14:26 »

Yes, we saw it.

I've got a rough idea about it - I want to experiment with dungeon layouts (probably caves) with multiple routes through them, to see how that can work.

The reasoning behind this is that while Bethesda has made some great dungeons overall, with nice vistas, a great buildup of tension, and has made the choice (that I'm very fond of) of letting you have a shortcut back at the end, the dungeons are mostly linear. The only branches are usually dead ends with some extra loot. There is one dungeon in particular that stands out to me as great, which is the one you get to if you take the job from the obviously sketchy khajit Je-Raa in Solitude, and follow the quest line all the way through (called "light's out"). You get to broken oar grotto, which in addition to a cool housing for the locals, has some great alternative paths - there's water in the bottom of the cave, and you can walk along either the right side of the cave wall, or on platforms in the middle. It makes for some great bow-battles with cool views.

So, I want to make a cave, not necessarily with a quest to go with it, where you have multiple (as in more than two) angles of attack to get from the entrance to the loot chest - not only in direction, but also with regards to how you get through, and what challenges you face. Mainly I want to play around with the kit and make a dungeon, but this is the main point. For now. If anyone wants to give feedback or help make the thing, that could help a lot, and would probably be great fun.

I went through that one too, though without the quest. An excellent cave. But it does require having it all in one wide-open space, which kind of takes away the sense of progress.

You know what else I liked? White River Watch, the cave you walk into right as you cross the bridge when leaving Whiterun via the road to the east. Ultimately linear, but it keeps winding paths into the same large atrium, while also providing numerous interesting side-rooms. Wolfskull Cave does this as well, to a lesser extent, but cheats a bit by putting an entire fortress inside the cave.

I think there's a lot of potential for this kind of bandit hideout cave; I can't really think of any barrows that stick out in my mind the same way. I ought to mull this over to see if I can come up with any good designs for what you're thinking of.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #365 on: 17 Feb 2012, 23:51 »

after spending 228 hours in skyrim i can safely say i am thoroughly sick of dwemer ruins in general

TheEvilDog

« Reply #366 on: 18 Feb 2012, 17:58 »

after spending 228 hours in skyrim i can safely say i am thoroughly sick of dwemer ruins in general

Which is why I always take a break for a couple of days when I get something like 20 hours of play done. Maybe watch a film instead, or play another game (At the moment I've got Age of Empires 2 or Age of Mythology on my laptop while I take a break from the console)

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #367 on: 19 Feb 2012, 06:15 »

It's also partially because a lot of my memories of Dwemer ruins include me walking with a drawn bow with 1200/600 weight capacity, hauling an absurd amount of dwemer junk.

Honestly, it's not the game's fault it can't cater to my needs and wants. But that's just my personal experience of Dwemer ruins.  :mrgreen: all the Dwarven gear just has to be ridiculously heavy compared to everything else.

DrPhibes

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #368 on: 19 Feb 2012, 06:42 »

Install the mod that makes you melt down dwemer stuff! :)

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #369 on: 19 Feb 2012, 13:06 »

I should, I should. But then again, I promised myself I'd only start modding things in the event I got really bored out of my mind -

huh. Can't already be at that point, can I?
I guess I'll look into it.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #370 on: 20 Feb 2012, 20:20 »

It's also partially because a lot of my memories of Dwemer ruins include me walking with a drawn bow with 1200/600 weight capacity, hauling an absurd amount of dwemer junk.

Honestly, it's not the game's fault it can't cater to my needs and wants. But that's just my personal experience of Dwemer ruins.  :mrgreen: all the Dwarven gear just has to be ridiculously heavy compared to everything else.
It's even worse as a lower level melee char and getting jumped by half a dozen Falmer at once.

But man did I level smithing fast (gogo daedric armor in mid lvl-20's)...so it was worth it.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #371 on: 20 Feb 2012, 23:12 »

Which reminds me - I have a little over 300 Dwarven Metal Ingots now

I should probably do something about those

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #372 on: 20 Feb 2012, 23:13 »

Throw them in a big pile and them Fus Ro Dah them.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #373 on: 20 Feb 2012, 23:19 »

i could

or I could power level my Smithing and Enchantment and Fus Ro Dah a hundred and fifty Dwarven Bows enchanted with Stamina Damage
and then pick all of them up again and maybe go around making a fortune

a coherent plan is taking shape

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #374 on: 21 Feb 2012, 01:29 »

My golden moneymaking combo was buying gold and silver, making jewlery with the one thousand gems you get lying around after a while, enchanting it, and selling it off. I'm not sure, but I think that the sneak enchantment is the best moneymaker I found, followed by archery if sneak wasn't available (for circlets and such).

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #375 on: 25 Feb 2012, 15:56 »

Throw them in a big pile and them Fus Ro Dah them.
I've got a couple hundred gold and silver ingots, which I want to eventually get enough of to stack up against the walls of my house so I can have a solid gold house...but I think I like that idea a lot better  :-D

Even better, do it off that one drop, the one where you get free speechcraft points from the ghost bard for jumping off and into the pool half a mile below. :mrgreen:

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #376 on: 05 Mar 2012, 21:05 »

Holy.  Fuckfarts.  :-o

Morrowind, eat your heart out and move over.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #377 on: 06 Mar 2012, 08:13 »

The difference is that the Morrowind thing was just a poorly thought through feature - this is a straight up bug with a relation between different fortifications. Pretty cool, though.

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #378 on: 17 Mar 2012, 04:52 »

There is kinda proplem that puzzles me cause when i enter in combat my character goes dark and fumes black smoke (i think its black smoke) but when ene hits me he takes some damage back at him. so can anyone tell what the heck is going on.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #379 on: 17 Mar 2012, 09:17 »

@dollface: did you recently choose the Shadow Warrior perk from Sneak during a level-up? I think that causes the smoke. Also apparently it could be caused by certain kinds of armor. I know some items have a damage rebound effect of sorts as well.

OK so what the hell up the deal with those snake-whale-eagle pillar puzzles? Is there actually any logic to them or some obvious environmental clue that I'm just completely missing? Because they really just seem random...
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #380 on: 17 Mar 2012, 09:44 »

Yeah, the correct sequence can be found somewhere in the area.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #381 on: 17 Mar 2012, 10:30 »

I guess I'm just really bad at finding the clues. Granted I've only been in a handful of dungeons with the pillars but I really thought I searched. Oh well, will keep looking!

Hollow Press (my blog)

TheEvilDog

« Reply #382 on: 17 Mar 2012, 11:04 »

And now the 1.5 beta patch is out. Everyone get ready for some magic kill cams and punching kill cams! Oh and a shield bash of death kill cam.

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #383 on: 18 Mar 2012, 03:21 »

@dollface: did you recently choose the Shadow Warrior perk from Sneak during a level-up? I think that causes the smoke. Also apparently it could be caused by certain kinds of armor. I know some items have a damage rebound effect of sorts as well.

I have half orc warrior who specialises on heavy armor and i have full ebony armor except helmet i have its from that quest that has talking dog.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #384 on: 18 Mar 2012, 09:51 »

Oh, the smoke is from the ebony armor. It's also what's damaging people who attack you. I'm not positive why but it's an attribute in any case. If you want to get rid of it, I think there are some mods (assuming your on PC?) that get rid of that texture. Your attackers will still take extra damage, you just won't see the smoke.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Cire27

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #385 on: 18 Mar 2012, 10:34 »

You might have an Ebony Mail chestpiece.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ebony_Mail_(Skyrim)
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #386 on: 18 Mar 2012, 20:46 »

Oh, the smoke is from the ebony armor. It's also what's damaging people who attack you. I'm not positive why but it's an attribute in any case. If you want to get rid of it, I think there are some mods (assuming your on PC?) that get rid of that texture. Your attackers will still take extra damage, you just won't see the smoke.
There is a mod that gives Ebony Armor its Morrowind enchantments, along with Morrowindizing a few other artifacts. 

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #387 on: 02 Jul 2012, 09:41 »

...also The Masque of Clavicus Vile.

God help me, I've been playing this game way too much, even this far in. I've beaten the main quest, and the other main quest, and all of the faction quests, and so may miscellaneous quests... but still I must quest.

I go into a town and they're like "go talk to this lady in Solitude", and I'm all like "YOU GOT IT!" even though I'm an unkillable demigod millionaire who owns land in literally every major city. "I'm all about chatting up some nob for 500 stupid Septims!"

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #388 on: 02 Jul 2012, 23:50 »

I don't know what the split on console / PC is in here but has anybody started playing Dawnguard yet?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #389 on: 03 Jul 2012, 01:03 »

Dawnguard. Right. I forgot that existed. I forgot they're not bringing it to the PC release for 30 goddamn days. Thanks for reminding me.

You know, as much as I'd like to roleplay as a power-hungry, racist, murderous Altmer mage for a new character, I've simply already seen nearly everything worth seeing in Skyrim. I don't enjoy the combat very much and I don't want to do the same quests again either, so I don't think I'm going to bother.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #390 on: 03 Jul 2012, 03:20 »

Sorry. Glorious PC-gaming Master Race here.
I don't know if I'll play Dawnguard. I've looked at the previews and read all about it, and aside from going "Hey, Crossbows! Suck it, Oblivion M'aiq!" nothing is really selling me.

[lamejoke]
Also, Mount & Blade tweeted that they want their mounted combat back.
[/lamejoke]

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #391 on: 03 Jul 2012, 10:12 »

Mount and blade has the best mounted combat. It's not very refined, but it feels oh so satisfying to lance people in the face at full speed. CRUNCH 300 damage, bitch.

I hadn't noticed the joke at Fable's expense from M'aiq. "M'aiq always enjoys a good fable.M'aiq has yet to find one, though. Maybe some day". Heh.

This looks cool, I'll definitively get it. I was planning on picking Skyrim up again anyways, and this is as good a reason as any.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #392 on: 03 Jul 2012, 23:06 »

I haven't played very much of the actual questline so far, but the main changes are you can now make arrows at a forge which is pretty cool. NPCs are no longer hostile to the player during later stages of vampirism which makes it much easier to play as a vampire, and finally there's now random encounters where a group of vampires will be attacking the guards and NPCs in a town - similar to the appearance of thieves in towns when you start progressing the thieves guild questline.

Crossbows are insanely overpowered but awkward to use in proper combat due to a long reload time.

I'm enjoying the additions but I still haven't managed to really play very far through the game anyway - I kept trying to actually play a role and with the consequence-free environment it wasn't very fulfilling for me. Now I'm playing more just how I want to play, with the sole aim of actually experiencing the content, and I'm progressing much further.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #393 on: 05 Jul 2012, 13:49 »

I actually got killed by an Ancient Dragon I encountered on my way to the Twilight Sepulcher to return the skeleton key. I was flabbergasted since I pretty much kill everything and don't get hurt.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #394 on: 05 Jul 2012, 18:21 »

Yeah, those ancients can put a hurt-on. That's why I double-destruct impact stun-lock them. That and Shadowmere distracts them...

I love how the smallest threats sends everyone following you apeshit. Have a housecarl, a horse, and a fire and storm atronach all go ballistic and stomp a mudhole in what, after the dust clears, is a wolf. I'd half expect for the pelt to convert DIRECTLY into leather strips.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #395 on: 06 Jul 2012, 00:22 »

Oh, I never have any followers because I like sneaking around too much. Which sucks because I can never get a sneak attack on dragons when they fly overhead.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #396 on: 06 Jul 2012, 06:51 »

You should try one of the more stealthy followers, like Jenassa. I gave her an ebony bow and a Dragonsting Sword and Dagger (JaySus Swords mod), and a full set of Dark Brotherhood armor, and she's all good. Quiet as a friggin' cat.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #397 on: 06 Jul 2012, 10:54 »

Who the heck is Jenassa?

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #398 on: 06 Jul 2012, 13:05 »

She's the Dunmer mercenary in the Drunken Huntsman (the bow shop across from the blacksmith) in Whiterun.

Hollow Press (my blog)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #399 on: 06 Jul 2012, 14:13 »

Oh, right, that one. It didn't ring a bell for me because I'm way too stingy to get a follower that I also have to pay, so I passed up every merc I came across.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up