Lobotomy.
- 17 (16.5%)
Coffee.
- 3 (2.9%)
Never.
- 9 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 6-10 Dec 2010 (1811-1815)  (Read 149831 times)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: WCDT: 6-10 Dec 2010 (1811-1815)
« Reply #300 on: 09 Dec 2010, 12:57 »

Has anyone made the obligatory "OMIGRW!  DORA/SVEN OTP" post yet?

Please don't.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #301 on: 09 Dec 2010, 13:02 »

I can't think of a single thing in the comment to support such an outlandish theory...

Dora/Bus is more likely, and a lot less firmly in Bearhat territory.
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #302 on: 09 Dec 2010, 13:10 »

This could lead to some interesting exposition on Sven and maybe more knowledge of Doras history. And I wonder if Martens liver will be alive by the time his mom gets there.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

Shadic

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • Shadic's Website
« Reply #303 on: 09 Dec 2010, 13:29 »

I think Sven would have behaved in a similar fashion towards Dora even before his fabled 'Jerkass Revelation.' Sven's problem is a similar one that I've noticed for a lot of people who simply have things always "go their way." They don't realize how strongly people can be hurt by things, because somebody like Sven will typically know that things will get better before too long. His disappointment with Faye is a new one, but it certainly helps him have some perspective for how other people feel.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #304 on: 09 Dec 2010, 13:31 »

...I wonder if Martens liver will be alive by the time his mom gets there.

Alive, yes. 

Happy, no. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #305 on: 09 Dec 2010, 14:09 »

I (sarcastically humorously) meant the Fleshligth   :-P

Is this the birth of Dr. Sven?

Will Dr. Phil be outclassed?

Probably not.
And I sarcastically misunderstood the unreferenced pronoun—sadly, sarcasm breeds like maggots. Anyway, as much as I'm not Sven's frantic fan, he's nowhere near that level of mouthbreathing assholery yet.

I think Sven would have behaved in a similar fashion towards Dora even before his fabled 'Jerkass Revelation.' Sven's problem is a similar one that I've noticed for a lot of people who simply have things always "go their way." They don't realize how strongly people can be hurt by things, because somebody like Sven will typically know that things will get better before too long. His disappointment with Faye is a new one, but it certainly helps him have some perspective for how other people feel.
Probably as succinct a statement of Sven's character or lack thereof as I've seen. The only thing I'd change is "typically know" to "assumes," and I'd add "without any real effort being exerted by themselves or others." I do think Sven has potential to be a really good person to know—we saw a little of that when he was supporting Faye before sex got in the way. But many things fly past his ear (him being too tall for them to pass over his noggin), and when Sven does notice a problem, he's got no staying power.* Sometimes that can be worse than not helping at all.

I really, really want Jeph to toss the guy into the crucible, and I think Dora is perfectly capable of dragging him into hers—if she actually goes in herself. We'll see, I suppose.

*waiting for someone to chip in "outside of the sack" or some variation.
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2010, 14:15 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #306 on: 09 Dec 2010, 14:49 »

I think Sven would have behaved in a similar fashion towards Dora even before his fabled 'Jerkass Revelation.' Sven's problem is a similar one that I've noticed for a lot of people who simply have things always "go their way."
<snip>

The thing about people who have things seemingly always "go their way" is, it ultimately ends at some point in time.

I think it ended when Faye walked out on Sven after the Riversmith situation.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

flamingo

• Plantmonster
« Reply #307 on: 09 Dec 2010, 15:06 »

Ice dildo molds.

Who willingly puts an icicle in their lady parts? You'd couldn't pay me enough .... at least ... not unless you were like Oprah rich.

Temperature play, not uncommon.

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #308 on: 09 Dec 2010, 15:25 »

Sven earns twelve Big-Brother Points.  He's begining to upgrade into "Decent Human Being" and threatening to gain the Empathy (level one) ability.

Idle speculation:
Faye is, apparently, out with Angus right now.  If she returns home and finds Hannelore babysitting an increasinly drunk and depressed Marten, she might not want to stick around and get in on the pity-party, especially if Marten's not being very good company right now.  And if she leaves, we don't need three guesses as to where she's likely to end up if not at her own apartment.  So, potentially good news for Angus?
Fixed that first part.  :-D Seriously, I give Sven credit for this and all the other demonstrations of being a real person lately, but I suspect Sven-boy's going to get really tested soon, and I want to see how he comes through that before I stamp the DHB on his forehead. Which, for some reason, seems to have shrunk in this strip.

Angus may profit, but I do hope you're not inferring he thrives on others' misfortunes. He doesn't seem to be that sort of fellow to me. Nor is Faye, for all her abrasiveness and frequent dickery, a bailer. Except, of course, on herself—always on herself.
Ehhh, I'll give you that Sven may not have levelled up into "Decent Human Being" yet, but he began that process a ways back.  Arguably, like you pointed out, this goes back his supporting Faye before they had sex.  And despite the Gina Riversmith thing - which was complete dickheadishness on his part - he seemed pretty good to Faye.  He's been getting better since then, at any rate.  Enough to at least grant him the Empathy (level one) ability, I think.

Oh, I'm not saying that Angus is that sort of person by any means!  I'm just saying that while the comic is currently focusing on Marten and Hannelore's Bogus Adventure, Faye and Angus have to be somewhere.  Faye might conclude that her company won't cheer Marten up, or she might think that Hannelore has things under control, or she might not want to stay in the world's most depressing apartment, or take your pick of a bunch of things that would mean Faye doesn't want to hang out at her place tonight.  And while Angus wouldn't be happy at Marten's misery - hell, he'd probably feel bad about it, given that he seems to like Marten - well, this isn't even a "Lemons to Lemonade" scenario.  This is the hot girl he's dating wanting to stay at his place rather than her own.  Sometimes, when God gives you a gift, you don't need to analyse it to death or feel guilty about where it came from, you just give a quick prayer of thanks and enjoy it.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico
« Reply #309 on: 09 Dec 2010, 15:33 »

Oh, I'm not saying that Angus is that sort of person by any means!  I'm just saying that while the comic is currently focusing on Marten and Hannelore's Bogus Adventure, Faye and Angus have to be somewhere.  Faye might conclude that her company won't cheer Marten up, or she might think that Hannelore has things under control, or she might not want to stay in the world's most depressing apartment, or take your pick of a bunch of things that would mean Faye doesn't want to hang out at her place tonight.  And while Angus wouldn't be happy at Marten's misery - hell, he'd probably feel bad about it, given that he seems to like Marten - well, this isn't even a "Lemons to Lemonade" scenario.  This is the hot girl he's dating wanting to stay at his place rather than her own.  Sometimes, when God gives you a gift, you don't need to analyse it to death or feel guilty about where it came from, you just give a quick prayer of thanks and enjoy it.

Idk, if I walked in to find my best friend drunk and horrifically depressed... HOW COULD I LEAVE?

I mean seriously, what kind of best friend would walk out on that? That is worse to me than every thing we've seen Sven do in the comic combined.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #310 on: 09 Dec 2010, 15:40 »

Talking of Hanners and bourbon; Hannelore + DoKYA = ?? :psyduck:
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #311 on: 09 Dec 2010, 15:49 »

Oh, I'm not saying that Angus is that sort of person by any means!  I'm just saying that while the comic is currently focusing on Marten and Hannelore's Bogus Adventure, Faye and Angus have to be somewhere.  Faye might conclude that her company won't cheer Marten up, or she might think that Hannelore has things under control, or she might not want to stay in the world's most depressing apartment, or take your pick of a bunch of things that would mean Faye doesn't want to hang out at her place tonight.

Might think Hannelore has it under control? She might not even know Hannelore is with Marten, if Hanners was waiting for him outside the library and went to the liquor store and then home with him, which the first panel of 1812 seems to imply. If Faye knew Hanners was all alone with a depressed bourbon-drunk Marten she'd drop whatever she was doing and bolt home. Not out of fear that something romantic would happen between them (I'll eat my underwear if it does), but because she wouldn't want Hanners to have to deal with that on her own.

We have no evidence Faye's even with Angus right now, other than his visit to the shop earlier; I still contend that Faye's closing up at CoD. She wouldn't go on a date with her new boyfriend when her BFF just got dumped hard.
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2010, 15:51 by iduguphergrave »
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #312 on: 09 Dec 2010, 16:36 »

<snips>
Sometimes, when God gives you a gift, you don't need to analyse it to death or feel guilty about where it came from, you just give a quick prayer of thanks and enjoy it.

Exchange the word God for Jeph, and that's advice many of us here at the WCDT could think about once in a while.  :-P

I'm kidding, of course; overanalyzation is the whole point of the WCDT.  Go crazy, guys.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #313 on: 09 Dec 2010, 16:43 »

I give Sven credit for this and all the other demonstrations of being a real person lately

Another person complained about people not treating Sven as a real human being.

I know what you both meant, and so does everyone else, but when you step back a few paces and look at it it's kind of funny.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Mojo

« Reply #314 on: 09 Dec 2010, 16:49 »

Dear god, I have to lalugh at this thread.  Seriously.

shiroihikari

• Plantmonster
« Reply #315 on: 09 Dec 2010, 16:52 »

I know what you both meant, and so does everyone else, but when you step back a few paces and look at it it's kind of funny.

That was me, and by God, you're right.  Talking about fictional characters as if they're real.  Heh.

Now I am going to go try to figure out how, when, and where my life went wrong.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #316 on: 09 Dec 2010, 16:55 »

overanalyzation is the whole point of the WCDT.  Go crazy, guys.

Up to a point.  And hold the crazy...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #317 on: 09 Dec 2010, 17:35 »

Up to a point.  And hold the crazy...

You poor bastard, what have you gotten yourself into?
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #318 on: 09 Dec 2010, 18:51 »

I give Sven credit for this and all the other demonstrations of being a real person lately

To be perfectly honest, what I meant was "Please don't flame me, bro*, for waxing critical about this character you've got the warm and fuzzies about." All the QC cast are about as 'real' to me as Beowulf, Ayla, Willy Loman, Hamlet, The Batman, Congorilla, The Misfit, and Quentin Compson. I'm in the habit of talking about those pieces of feverish imagination as if they were real, too. Of course, if you buy into Heinlein's 'Number of the Beast,' I suppose they are, someT, someTau, someTeh. As the song goes:

someTeh out there
Along the far someTau
Someone's reading of me
In a bad novel

And if I could get at the novelist, I'd give her such a kickin'!

(Okay, maybe Congorilla's not so real. I mean, there are limits, aren't there?)

*No, I don't mean Tergon
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #319 on: 09 Dec 2010, 19:04 »

I think I've just realized something. 

The *squick* level Jeph feels about this forum... it comes from one very simple place. 

Here we are, analysing his characters like crazy, sometimes with insight, sometimes with hindsight, sometimes with no sight at all.  Hey, they're just characters, right?  Not even real! 

Except they are  real.  I had the feeling Marten was a surrogate for Jeph himself when I first started the comic, but I think to a certain extent, all his characters are.  Hanners and her neroses, Faye's violent tendencies, Dora's insecurities, Marten's aimlessness - all are facets of Jeph's own character.  Some of them he's overcome, some still plague him, but regardless, how would you  feel watching people pick apart the bits of your soul that you bare in the name of art? 

Must drive the poor guy nuts.  No wonder he hates visiting in here. 

Mind you, I'm not gonna stop trying to put together all the little puzzle pieces of his characters.  But I think I understand where he's coming from a little better. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #320 on: 09 Dec 2010, 19:09 »

For the record, a gallon of white vinegar into 47 gallons of water in a 50 gallon tank will quite handily zombify goldfish.

I hope and pray this never becomes a necessary piece of knowledge for anyone
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

akronnick

« Reply #321 on: 09 Dec 2010, 19:27 »

Do I want to know how you know that? (I suspect I do not)

And why are you using gallons and not ounces?

How many fucking goldfish are you trying to zombify anyway?

Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.
« Reply #322 on: 09 Dec 2010, 19:47 »

GOLDFISH NECROMANCY! The exciting new craze that's sweeping the nation!

(On an actually serious note, I think, analytically, you have hit the nail precisely on the head, Carl-E, with a deft hammerstrike worthy of Thor)
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2010, 19:51 by Dr. ROFLPWN »
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

akronnick

« Reply #323 on: 09 Dec 2010, 19:56 »

What does it say about me that when I read "NECROMANCY" my brain automatically clicked on "NECROPHILIA?"

:psyduck:

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #324 on: 09 Dec 2010, 20:04 »

....Well, to be fair, a lot of necromancers are into that.  :psyduck:
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #325 on: 09 Dec 2010, 20:38 »

I think I've just realized something. 

The *squick* level Jeph feels about this forum... it comes from one very simple place. 

Here we are, analysing his characters like crazy, sometimes with insight, sometimes with hindsight, sometimes with no sight at all.  Hey, they're just characters, right?  Not even real! 

Except they are  real.  I had the feeling Marten was a surrogate for Jeph himself when I first started the comic, but I think to a certain extent, all his characters are.  Hanners and her neroses, Faye's violent tendencies, Dora's insecurities, Marten's aimlessness - all are facets of Jeph's own character.  Some of them he's overcome, some still plague him, but regardless, how would you  feel watching people pick apart the bits of your soul that you bare in the name of art? 

Must drive the poor guy nuts.  No wonder he hates visiting in here. 

Mind you, I'm not gonna stop trying to put together all the little puzzle pieces of his characters.  But I think I understand where he's coming from a little better. 

Author Avatar. I won't even TVT link it, because it's obvious.
Just another Joe like 46

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #326 on: 09 Dec 2010, 21:05 »

But Jeph isn't just projecting himself into the story. I really cannot agree with that, and I don't think that's what Carl-E was saying.

What he's saying is (correct me if I'm wrong, Carl-E), as a writer, Jeph puts something of his soul into each character he creates, because, well, shit, it's hard to help that if you're a fiction writer. You can create completely original people, whose lives are not yours, who have nothing to do with you, but they carry some spark of your person in their being. There's something of an author in his characters.

And watching other people get it wrong about, or, God forbid, screw around beyond the point of good taste, with your characters? That can't be easy for a dude. So, as Carl-E said, no wonder Jeph hates this place.
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2010, 21:07 by Dr. ROFLPWN »
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #327 on: 09 Dec 2010, 22:04 »

Do I want to know how you know that? (I suspect I do not)

And why are you using gallons and not ounces?

How many fucking goldfish are you trying to zombify anyway?

Experience

Gallons is the appropriate measure.

Tank population was, I believe, 7 at the time. So far the biggest goldfish on record in that tank was over a foot long, estimated 6 lbs. I am Trying to zombify zero.

akronnick

« Reply #328 on: 09 Dec 2010, 22:32 »

I think we have two different pictures in our heads.

When you say "goldfish," I think little orange fish about two inches long.

What your describing I would call a "carp."

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #329 on: 09 Dec 2010, 22:37 »

*shrug* they started less than 3/4 of an inch long. The only difference between a 'carp' and a 'goldfish' is an evolution st, I mean, about a half dozen leve, no, wait, time.

That's the ticket.

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #330 on: 09 Dec 2010, 22:49 »

The important thing is that all you need to make them into the flesh-ravening undead is vinegar and blasphemous incantations.
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #331 on: 09 Dec 2010, 22:52 »

Goldfish are:

...too easy to kill.    - 15 (24.2%)
...cute when they're swimming around in an aquarium.    - 7 (11.3%)
...passe. I have Butterfly fish and Angel fish and...    - 1 (1.6%)
...not my cup of tea.    - 8 (12.9%)
...REALLY hard to swallow, even on a dare.    - 4 (6.5%)
...something I wouldn't give my five-year-old.    - 6 (9.7%)
...something I had on my old copy of After Dark.    - 2 (3.2%)
...pretty to look at, but I wouldn't want to care for them.    - 10 (16.1%)
...going to get this forum NUKED, NUKED I say!    - 9 (14.5%)

Total Voters: 62
Just another Joe like 46

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #332 on: 10 Dec 2010, 00:30 »

Perhaps the Bandicoot is how Jeph views the forums?
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

redragon5000

• Plantmonster
« Reply #333 on: 10 Dec 2010, 00:36 »

...Run away, Yelling Bird! It wants to feed you to its babies!!!

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #334 on: 10 Dec 2010, 00:36 »

Randy can keep the Winslow company.

Wraith11B

• Larger than most fish
  • A Waste of Human Reproductive Facilities
« Reply #335 on: 10 Dec 2010, 00:49 »

I have to get on a plane soon to go back to reality, and will be unable to access internet for days, and this is what I'm left with?

Damn you, Jeph... Damn you.   :-P

SPC, Infantry
3rd Platoon (RHINO), B Co 256STB
III Corps STB "Phantom Warrior"
USF-I

AngryCallCenterAgent

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • "I can't believe it! I'm doing a Shrek!"
    • I'm such a Twit.
« Reply #336 on: 10 Dec 2010, 00:54 »

On the one hand, Randy just showed us he was merely obfuscating stupidity but was actually a crouching moron, hidden badass kind of bandicoot. Or he's in fact some kind of eldritch abomination.

On the other hand, I can't take an eldritch abomination named Randall seriously.
"This is the Tech Support! Step away from the complex and delicate electronic equipment! NOW!"

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #337 on: 10 Dec 2010, 01:00 »

RANDY IS THE PINNACLE OF EVOLUTION AND EXISTENCE

WE EXIST BECAUSE HE ALLOWS IT; AND WE WILL END BECAUSE HE DEMANDS IT
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #338 on: 10 Dec 2010, 01:02 »

For (filler) comic #1816 (or is it #1815?)....

1. (by Jeph): "In the beginning, there was Randy. And when the last proton in the universe finally winks out of existence, trillions of trillions of years from now, Randy will be there to witness its decay."  So Randy is the counterpart to The Winslow of Phil & Kaja Foglio's comic: Buck Godot?  (another hilarious series of old :-), by web-comic standards)

2. Hope the Miss Reed story-arc starts next week, after this week of filler/prep.

3. For prior comics this week: I am glad that Hannelore is staying with Marten while during his drinking, and clearly only lightly drinking.  Would that I had more friends like that during my own darker times in my younger days.

4. Also for prior comics, while Pintsize's gag was funny, I do think it was over the line even for him.  Had it been me, I might have smashed the bottle on Pintisize and soaked his circuits in booze rather than chug from the bottle.  But obviously that would not be a funny gag.

5. Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.   /highfive St.Clair 8-)

Hi!
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2010, 02:01 by pendrake »

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #339 on: 10 Dec 2010, 01:14 »

*shrug* they started less than 3/4 of an inch long. The only difference between a 'carp' and a 'goldfish' is an evolution st, I mean, about a half dozen leve, no, wait, time.

That's the ticket.
Not that much time, really. The only thing keeping a goldfish from attaining carpdom seems to be the size of the 'tank' and, possibly, skin color. I've seen 'bait' goldfish that got loose in a pay-to-fish catfish farm, and they weren't not exactly teeny. Unless a foot and a half is teeny to you. I was told that one was by far not the largest one in there, and the guy who owned the ponds drug the thing every so often.

Meanwhile…
Over in Locus, Xel'Duum has just come back from the Realms of the Dead—over here, to the mortal coil returns Randy, the dread… the dread… semi 'special' goddam bandicoot.

ANYHOW…
Can it be a coincidence? I mean, Adam's been building to this for years, so…
So probably.

On another front:
Yes, Carl, I realized that some time ago. But I just can't help myself, although I do draw the line at speculating on the origins of the motifs, for example, that I see in QC. I have standards, believe it or not.
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2010, 01:17 by raoullefere »

cyro

• Lurking in your dreams.
« Reply #340 on: 10 Dec 2010, 02:28 »

RANDY IS THE PINNACLE OF EVOLUTION AND EXISTENCE

WE EXIST BECAUSE HE ALLOWS IT; AND WE WILL END BECAUSE HE DEMANDS IT

He is the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

He is Bandicoot.

Olymander

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #341 on: 10 Dec 2010, 02:53 »

I voted for silence, but I think there should be a "denial" option up there in the poll.  I can easily see Dora going to the therapist and saying, "I don't really think this is a big thing, but my friends made me come and..."

And I also wonder about the numbering (#1816 vs #1815).  I suspect typo, but it's hard to tell.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #342 on: 10 Dec 2010, 02:55 »

So the question is now: how long will it take Martens mother to actually appear in the strip ?
Carpe Diem

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #343 on: 10 Dec 2010, 03:12 »

And I also wonder about the numbering (#1816 vs #1815).  I suspect typo, but it's hard to tell.
I think it was supposed to be filler on monday.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #344 on: 10 Dec 2010, 03:15 »

I think it was supposed to be filler on monday.

I thought that too, but the filler text is specific for today - but he might just have got confused, as he drew both comics before going.

Boomslang

« Reply #345 on: 10 Dec 2010, 03:27 »

Jeph ostensibly drew both an actual comic (I watched him doing it briefly on the feed) and the yelling bird filler.

And then just gave us the yelling bird filler.

Something tells me he doesn't expect to be able to get anything done sunday night, and is saving the one he did last night for monday.
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

Delator

• In my own little world
« Reply #346 on: 10 Dec 2010, 04:06 »

So the question is now: how long will it take Martens mother to actually appear in the strip ?

I'm going to guess at least three weeks.  :-P
No, I will never settle on a particular avatar.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #347 on: 10 Dec 2010, 04:50 »

Her flight magically gets postponed because Hanners has asked her dad to nuke the airport from orbit, to do Marten a favor.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #348 on: 10 Dec 2010, 05:12 »

I voted for silence, but I think there should be a "denial" option up there in the poll.  I can easily see Dora going to the therapist and saying, "I don't really think this is a big thing, but my friends made me come and..."

Personally, I think that's covered by "fear." We deny what we're afraid of, for it must not be.

retrosteve

• Very slow tourist
« Reply #349 on: 10 Dec 2010, 05:13 »

About the filler --

Thumbs up to Jeph for making Randy not only eternal, but chillingly similar to the Sandman.  Including (especially) the speech bubble.  A Neil Gaiman shoutout is always a good thing.
Thinks too much.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up