THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 12:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So.... Discussion?  (Read 2630 times)

evelm

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • In the corner wearing a silly hat
So.... Discussion?
« on: 09 Dec 2010, 09:51 »

Hi, I've been lurking for about a month. I have been through the whole QC archive five times according to my estimation. I am making this inane, repetitive introduction post because I feel obligated to. Several times in the past month my cursor has hovered over the sign up button, but I have been wary of clicking it, as joining a forum where many members already have upwards of a thousand posts is usually a bad idea in my experience. I'd like to apologize for the interruption and the invasion of your firmly ensconced community but I really feel like I have a place here. I will try to make only valuable contributions to discussion. Thank you for taking the time to-this is seriously sounding like a cover letter for a resume so i should stop talking now.
Disclaimer: The poster has no responsibility for the content contained within this post. If you think otherwise, you don't know him yet.

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
Re: So.... Discussion?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Dec 2010, 11:23 »

Speaking as someone with more than 1000 posts (if barely) who also joined around the time that a few people were just hitting 10,000 for the first time, I can tell you that, while there is a definite clique feel to parts of the boards, you can push past that by saying interesting things or, failing that, just not being a dick to people. Also, if you're primarily here to talk about the comic (which it looks like you might be, if you've read the whole thing 5 times) most of the people in the Comic Talk part haven't been around nearly so long.

So... er.... welcome and stuff.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Buttfranklin

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • bruce
Re: So.... Discussion?
« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2010, 18:40 »

Man, just relax and post stuff that's cool.  Don't try too hard.

Be like this T-Rex:  :mrgreen: when you post, not this Pokémon™® :psyduck: agonizing over every detail.
I tried to romance a lady photographer once. But it didn't work out because I could never understand about f-spots.
Pages: [1]   Go Up