THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: faye has a tat?  (Read 9607 times)

keyser520

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
faye has a tat?
« on: 16 Dec 2010, 10:20 »

This is my first post ever in this forum.   I registered for the sole purpose of asking if anyone else noticed that Faye seems to have a tatoo peaking out of her shirt in today's comic?   Right breast. Near the cleavage.   Is this new or am I not remembering something from prior comics?

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
Re: faye has a tat?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2010, 10:23 »

that's her scar (can't remember what from). She explained it early on, maybe during "The Talk" and Jeph sometimes forgets to draw it, so it tends to appear and disappear.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Skelepunk

• Emoticontraindication
  • Set it on fire!
« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2010, 10:25 »

She got the scar in a car accident,when she had a breakdown over the death of her father.
We all have a cross we must bear.... as a blunt object to bludgeon others with.
 Purinpuff

AnAverageWriter

« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2010, 10:26 »

that's her scar (can't remember what from). She explained it early on, maybe during "The Talk" and Jeph sometimes forgets to draw it, so it tends to appear and disappear.

Yep, really bad car accident. I was busy getting the comic that explained it, and a certain someone posted the answer.

Grargh.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2010, 10:29 »

Oh, for the love of...

You're the 3rd person to ask this today.  IT IS A SCAR.  FROM AN AUTO ACCIDENT.  AFTER HER FATHER DIED.  READ THESE COMICS.  

and please, read the recommendations on posting up top before you go starting new threads asking questions that have already been answered repeatedly.  

Edit:  I'm too old and slow. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Delator

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • In my own little world
« Reply #5 on: 16 Dec 2010, 10:48 »

Edit:  I'm too old and slow.

You forgot to shake your fist at them too...

...I think you're slipping.  :wink:
No, I will never settle on a particular avatar.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #6 on: 16 Dec 2010, 10:57 »

I have added a reference and link to the wiki to my post in the Welcome thread, with the suggestion that it's a good place to start with questions.  How many people actually read  the Welcome thread on their way in I have no idea, of course.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

keyser520

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #7 on: 16 Dec 2010, 10:58 »

Edit:  I'm too old and slow.

You forgot to shake your fist at them too...

...I think you're slipping.  :wink:

I scanned recent posts and didn't see that anyone posted about this.   I failed.  Please forgive me and don't feed me to the yelling birds....

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #8 on: 16 Dec 2010, 11:02 »

I have added a reference and link to the wiki to my post in the Welcome thread, with the suggestion that it's a good place to start with questions.  How many people actually read  the Welcome thread on their way in I have no idea, of course.

Are you able to change it to a Stickied thread? Or maybe repost it as an Announcement with no expiration date? Having three threads in front of it (one of which is closed), probably doesn't help as far as making it as noticeable as some forum installations do when you make something an Announcement thread.

keyser520

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #9 on: 16 Dec 2010, 11:13 »

Wait... so faye has a scar and dora knewabout it from the link you posted.... but how did dora notice a scar on fates boob in the first place?

Skelepunk

• Emoticontraindication
  • Set it on fire!
« Reply #10 on: 16 Dec 2010, 11:39 »

Wait... so faye has a scar and dora knewabout it from the link you posted.... but how did dora notice a scar on fates boob in the first place?
Faye wears a lot of tank tops, or so I've noticed.
We all have a cross we must bear.... as a blunt object to bludgeon others with.
 Purinpuff

vettechinohio

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #11 on: 16 Dec 2010, 20:20 »

Yep, really bad car accident. I was busy getting the comic that explained it, and a certain someone posted the answer.

Grargh.

Actually, you first see it  here, when Marten accidentally walks in on her changing. She further explains it  here, when it itches and she pulls down the strap of her tank top to scratch it, while in the company of Marten and Dora. Just had to clarify that, as much as I wanted to let this thread die. Please die now, little thread.
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #12 on: 16 Dec 2010, 20:25 »

From Jeph's twitter:

Dear everyone asking. Scar first seen in #100, noticed in #131, more in #307, explained starting with #500.

Now, die thread!
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

cyro

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Lurking in your dreams.
« Reply #13 on: 17 Dec 2010, 01:31 »

Please forgive me and don't feed me to the yelling birds....

Don't worry, they don't actually eat you, they just feed on your suffering.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #14 on: 17 Dec 2010, 02:10 »

I scanned recent posts and didn't see that anyone posted about this.   I failed.  Please forgive me and don't feed me to the yelling birds....
Please dont tell me now there are MULTIPLE yelling birds.

One of them is already too much ...
Carpe Diem

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #15 on: 17 Dec 2010, 02:12 »

From Jeph's twitter:

Dear everyone asking. Scar first seen in #100, noticed in #131, more in #307, explained starting with #500.

Now, die thread!
Whow THAT early already ?

I thought it would have started much closer to 500.
Carpe Diem

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #16 on: 17 Dec 2010, 06:23 »

Please dont tell me now there are MULTIPLE yelling birds.

One of them is already too much ...

Well, yeah, they're available from Squishable.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

AnAverageWriter

« Reply #17 on: 17 Dec 2010, 09:59 »

Just had to clarify that, as much as I wanted to let this thread die. Please die now, little thread.

Apparently "clarifying" = "nitpicking" now.

You found an earlier strip that explains the exact same thing as the strip I found! Have yourself a medal.
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2010, 10:01 by AnAverageWriter »

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #18 on: 17 Dec 2010, 10:11 »

Given some of the stuff that gets posted on this forum, I'm having trouble understanding why people hate this thread so much. A simple question about a detail of the art isn't that big a deal, and searching the forum for "Faye Tat" and "Faye Tattoo" returns no relevant results until this thread, and since the OP assumed it was a tattoo, it’s unlikely he would have searched anything else for an answers to his question.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #19 on: 17 Dec 2010, 10:35 »

Given some of the stuff that gets posted on this forum, I'm having trouble understanding why people hate this thread so much. A simple question about a detail of the art isn't that big a deal, and searching the forum for "Faye Tat" and "Faye Tattoo" returns no relevant results until this thread, and since the OP assumed it was a tattoo, it’s unlikely he would have searched anything else for an answers to his question.

Meanwhile, if he'd bother to read the Weekly Comic Discussion Thread he would have seen that the topic had already been discussed several times. This is covered in the Welcome/Rules thread as well, if I'm not mistaken, and if people cannot be bothered to read the necessary rules threads then they shouldn't be bothered to post.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #20 on: 17 Dec 2010, 10:58 »

Well, perhaps not; but then they have taken the trouble to come to the forum, so can we try to be a little more welcoming, and aim to guide them into the right ways rather than just being cross about things?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #21 on: 17 Dec 2010, 11:17 »

Well, perhaps not; but then they have taken the trouble to come to the forum, so can we try to be a little more welcoming, and aim to guide them into the right ways rather than just being cross about things?

Can the registration page be changed to include links to the Rules/Welcome thread, along with a change to the Terms of Service stating that the person registering has in fact read those rules and accepts that if they fail to abide by them they will be banned (assuming this is not the case already, because if it was we wouldn't be having this discussion)?

I mean, there's really no reason why people cannot read the rules already (common Internet Etiquette with forums dictates that you locate and read the applicable Rules listings before posting anyway), but it should really be inexcusable to be ignorant of the existence of what-gets-discussed-where and when to start a new thread.
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2010, 11:31 by Odin »

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #22 on: 17 Dec 2010, 11:30 »

That's pretty harsh.  And as we've seen, even reading the rules (or agreeing to - not  the same thing) doesn't guarantee someone won't slip up unintentionally.  Then what, you want them bannned? 

Your ass would've been outta here long ago for being uncivil.  It was pointed out, and you took it to heart. 

(Mine woulda been tossed out a couple of times)

Give 'em a break. 

Now can we PLEASE   let this go?  The thread is dead, long live... some other thread.  Pleeease. 

I've never been fond of equinecrosadism. 

beating a dead horse, if you must know.
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #23 on: 17 Dec 2010, 11:37 »

That's pretty harsh.  And as we've seen, even reading the rules (or agreeing to - not  the same thing) doesn't guarantee someone won't slip up unintentionally.  Then what, you want them bannned?

I'd actually prefer that the forum utilize some form of Probation system (people put on it can still read the forums, but cannot post until a given period of time expires after they're put on Probation), but failing that, yes. That system is in place on forums that charge membership fees, so it isn't all that harsh when you consider that this place is free. 

Your ass would've been outta here long ago for being uncivil.  It was pointed out, and you took it to heart. 

(Mine woulda been tossed out a couple of times)

Give 'em a break.

I'm not actually talking to the OP at this point so much as arguing with benji about whether acts like this stuff should be permitted (and pointing out solutions used on other boards to solve these problems without naming the specific boards). 

Now can we PLEASE   let this go?  The thread is dead, long live... some other thread.  Pleeease. 

I've never been fond of equinecrosadism. 

beating a dead horse, if you must know.

This type of horse is the undead zombie/vampire of horses when it comes to internet forums, the only way to stop them is to obliterate them.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #24 on: 17 Dec 2010, 11:37 »

Bah!

I may say more later (tied up right now).
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2010, 11:40 by pwhodges »
Pages: [1]   Go Up