THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 03:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: i don't care if you like jebus or not  (Read 13976 times)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
Re: i don't care if you like jebus or not
« Reply #100 on: 26 Dec 2010, 23:13 »

CUTE?

CUTE!?????

(Checks David_Dovey into the boards)
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #101 on: 26 Dec 2010, 23:22 »

I got a new vacuum from my parents and it is a huge improvement over the old one.

Before:
Me: "ok, it is time to vacuum"
Old vacuum: "yeah ok um, I guess I can uh, oh wait not that bit and uh, shit that really is in that carpet isn't it. uh, sorry"

but now it's more like:

Me: "ok, it is time to vacuum"
New vacuum: "OK LET'S VACUUM THE FUCK OUT OF THIS SHIT - VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - FUCK YEAH, THAT FLOOR IS GODDAMN CLEAN"
Me: "FUCK YEAH!"
It: "I THINK I PULLED UP SOME OF THE CARPET!"
Me: "WOOOOOOO VACUUM FIVE!  o/"
It: "WOOOOOO!  \o"

It is a Dyson and it is fucking rad.
« Last Edit: 26 Dec 2010, 23:24 by est »

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #102 on: 26 Dec 2010, 23:29 »

Vacuum envy.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #103 on: 26 Dec 2010, 23:38 »

I've had a Dyson forever and it's a load of crap. We did get a Bissel this year that washes out stains though, which is fantastic.
« Last Edit: 26 Dec 2010, 23:40 by Zombiedude »
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #104 on: 26 Dec 2010, 23:57 »

The carpet is not crunchy any more! It's a Christmas Miracle!

I got a book about fashion from ben, and a dress (but it is a strange cut so we have to change it), and when I told my mum I got a vacuum cleaner and a Wardrobe 101 book and a dress, she laughed at me, because apparently they are funny gifts, even though they were what I wanted? Our vacuum was shit and then broke! I am more interested in what I wear these days! The dress was very nice, just not right, so we are changing it to something better! Why is that funny?

I also realised that mum and my brother both spent a few hundred dollars on each other, and probably that much on me too, and I kinda almost feel bad that I didn't spend that much on them, because I bought things that they should like, that aren't necessarily a few hundred bucks each. Ah well, we'll see next week when they come to visit.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #105 on: 27 Dec 2010, 00:02 »

Yeah my mum and grandparents and brother are all either on the pension or Centrelink and they still spent hundreds on gifts for everyone, most of which were lovely. I have a pretty good job and I spent under $100 on each of their (relatively thoughtful, I thought) gifts. CHRISTMAS GUILT

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #106 on: 27 Dec 2010, 03:20 »

my dad takes me aside to tell me that I'm fat and that he and my step mum are worried about my weight. Which was lovely.

Family tells you you're fat on Xmas high-five

o/

\o
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #107 on: 27 Dec 2010, 08:03 »

I spent barely anything on gifts but for the first time ever I think I got things that most people actually liked (although my stepdad does seem to be in chronic uncertainty as to what I actually gave him... it was a collection of board games, which he said he would "watch later"). Basically I think focussing on cost is silly because you can spend thousands on something and it could still be really bad, whereas you could get a really good bargain on something awesome and that would be far more exciting.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #108 on: 27 Dec 2010, 09:32 »

My girlfriend spent over $150 on me for the tickets and the jersey.  I told her we are going to have to set a limit for her next year.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #109 on: 27 Dec 2010, 10:00 »

i'm paying for school right now using sort of a mishmash combination of savings + my job + a massive line of credit and in order to apply for my line of credit i needed a cosigner so i asked my mom to do it. i didn't know until today that this means she now has the exact same access to my line of credit as i do (aaaahhhh) and found out a few days ago that she paid off a pretty substantial chunk of it as a christmas gift to me. it's made me pretty uneasy because my parents are, for lack of a better word, INCREDIBLY stupid with money whereas i am actually pretty okay financially right now and before i moved we had a lot of really massive fights about finances and how i didn't want to be dependent on them anymore whereas they were really pushy and insistent on it and basically it was one of the main reasons i didn't talk to them at all for almost five months. i didn't get anyone anything for christmas and now i have all this money i don't even want and it really sucks. i guess i will just put it into savings or something. i really hope this is just a one time thing. goddamn it parents
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #110 on: 27 Dec 2010, 10:17 »

Dyson Envy

Man, I want a Dyson Airblade for my bathroom so bad. I don't care if its for more public use, its blades of air that scrape the water from your hands with magic sorcery!
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #111 on: 27 Dec 2010, 11:21 »

Oh my God I love Airblades so much they are the future
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #112 on: 27 Dec 2010, 12:04 »

I'm surprised that basically all of my school's hand dryers, every campus in every city, had their old hand dryers replaced with those.  They are pretty nice, but they tend to shut off and leave my hands wet after the first time.  Way better then regular hand dryers though.

Dyson's new fan freaks me the hell out.  How does it work?  Magic I suppose.
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2010, 14:07 by Blue Kitty »

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #113 on: 27 Dec 2010, 14:04 »

It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #114 on: 27 Dec 2010, 16:23 »

My mum got a Dyson vaccuum cleaner years ago when they were the new thing and when you still got a fanfare of heavenly trumpets every time you switched one on or something. "Ooh!" we'd all say, "it's bagless! "

Then after a while its performance dropped markedly and we all realised that instead of having a bag that you had to clean out or replace every once in a while, it just had a filter that you had to clean out or replace every once in a while.

If I'm honest with myself I've stopped expecting very much from life since then.

SonofZ3

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #115 on: 27 Dec 2010, 20:13 »

X-mas  was pretty good. I spent about $600 total on the 9 people I buy for. It was nice that my fiance and I's parents each ended ups pending around $1100 on us because we really needed what they got us, and without coordinating it they each spent the same ammount, so no wierd feelings. Gifts that cost that much used to bother me, but now that I'm old enough to understand financial security and the relative value of things it doesn't.

The downside is that for the second year in a row, my fiance's father's friend has went out of the way to point out that heffeweisen is the "pussy" beer and only women drink it, I drink it, and am a man, so I assume hes insulting me. The day after X-mas we (Me, my fiance, her brother, her dad, and the family friend) go to the strip district (place with import/international shops and fresh food) and then have lunch at the same bar where I drink the heffeweisen because I like it. I don't want to cause some big rift, but I don't appreciate the insult either.
I've gained nothing from Zen.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #116 on: 28 Dec 2010, 01:17 »

Dude, Harry, get one of these. They will beat the shit out of any vac you have ever used, ever.

Also, Dovey, you know Christmas is not over for another 9 days, right? Give your girlfriend's family gifts now! Bonus: Everything is on sale because all the scrooges think Christmas is already over. Cheap presents!
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #117 on: 28 Dec 2010, 10:56 »

Yeah, nothing really goes on sale until after Christmas. Which is nice, because most of my friends went out of town beforehand.

Procrastination! Sometimes it works.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #118 on: 28 Dec 2010, 12:34 »

Red Wings Osgood jersey

Would not wish that upon my worst enemies.

My deepest sympathies, Matt.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #119 on: 28 Dec 2010, 14:45 »

Hey, I like Osgood.  He's the one I constantly know and see.  I know he isn't the best on the team, but as a goalie he is something to aspire to for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up