THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 02:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Year End Edition Dec 27-31, 2010 (1826-1830)  (Read 56864 times)

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
Re: WCDT Year End Edition Dec 27-31, 2010 (1826-1830)
« Reply #150 on: 29 Dec 2010, 22:50 »

Why am I getting the vibe that Veronica is a switch given her recent actions? It's as if she's setting herself up to be Martins.....pain slut?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch_%28BDSM%29

azurefirem

• Plantmonster
  • a mysterious irrelephant
« Reply #151 on: 30 Dec 2010, 00:06 »

reaction to today's?
......UH.
o______________________________________________o

Are buttholes like fingerprints? No two are alike, that sort of thing? WTFFFF.
Quote from: KickThatBathProf
Fun Fact:  You can shower and brush your teeth simultaneously

oh my god can i touch you???

LordVaughn

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Now in grape flavor!
« Reply #152 on: 30 Dec 2010, 00:08 »

I like everyone's reaction in the fourth panel.

Sharp

• Hanging the toilet paper upside down.
« Reply #153 on: 30 Dec 2010, 00:10 »

Finally, Operation Humiliate Marten has ended...well, directly at least.
Oh, UMASS fratboys.  Where don't you show up drunk?
[quote author

daryljfontaine

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #154 on: 30 Dec 2010, 00:16 »

Panel 2:  FLING

Is Hanners' horror (in Panel 4) just because she conceptually knows the Goatse is a terrible thing, or did she (in Panel 3) sneak a glimpse of That Which Man Has Been Frequently Tricked Into Knowing Against His Will?  I believe she's been protected from viewing it before, and she knew enough not to look when Marten identified it by name.

D
It takes a village to raise a child.  It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Sharp

• Hanging the toilet paper upside down.
« Reply #155 on: 30 Dec 2010, 00:28 »

She's probably recieved a Primer from Marten listing all the key phrases to avoid searching, plus she alrready knows not to trust anything that Pintsize links on Twitter.

Edit for a question: So...I guess Kirk is an acquaintance of Marten's? Try to seperate work from home Veronica!
Oh, UMASS fratboys.  Where don't you show up drunk?
[quote author

HeavyP

• Woo!
« Reply #156 on: 30 Dec 2010, 00:28 »

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And Ms. Vance/Reed takes it home for the win!  Seriously Pintsize, I appreciate the effort, zany robot antics are what you do, but trying to step up on a nationally famous professional dominatrix?  Seriously?  Our lovely, well-aged lady of the evening has probably seen things that would melt your circuits.

TheMusicalVito

• Not quite a lurker
  • Yes.
« Reply #157 on: 30 Dec 2010, 00:34 »

Marten's mom formally knows Goatse? This past month of QC has gotten better and better and better, and it wasn't even in a state where it NEEDED to get better!

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #158 on: 30 Dec 2010, 00:48 »

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And Ms. Vance/Reed takes it home for the win!  Seriously Pintsize, I appreciate the effort, zany robot antics are what you do, but trying to step up on a nationally famous professional dominatrix?  Seriously?  Our lovely, well-aged lady of the evening has probably seen things that would melt your circuits.

Dude she wasn't a prostitute
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #159 on: 30 Dec 2010, 00:59 »

Okay, the mere fact that Veronica "knows" the real identity of goatse.....

....but seriously, you gotta kinda wonder what sorta fetishes Veronica has done. I think we could cross off "Fisting" as one?

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #160 on: 30 Dec 2010, 01:06 »

"Memorializing the achievements of individuals considered as members of families (as well as of other groups) is the earliest popular use of photography. For at least a century, the wedding photograph has been as much a part of the ceremony as the prescribed verbal formulas. Cameras go with family life. According to a sociological study done in France, most households have a camera, but a household with children is twice as likely to have at least one camera as a household in which there are no children. Not to take pictures of one's children, particularly when they are small, is a sign of parental indifference, just as not turning up for one's graduation picture is a gesture of adolescent rebellion."  On Photography, Susan Sontag, 1977.*

Or in other words, if your parents have lots of embarrassing photos of you as a little kid, think yourself fortunate. They thought you were special!

*Still very much worth reading, incidentally. Sontag's total lack of interest in the technicalities of photography means that it mostly hasn't dated with the changes since the 1970s (Though I will go on using my Nikon FM2 until they stop making 35mm film. Why do modern DSLRs have to be so bloated?).

Uh, the main issue with digital photography is how SLOW it is. A full half sec between pressing the button and picture taken is actually already considered FAST.

Also, digital cameras are really bad with movements, if you make a movie.

However, I know nothing about "bloating".

And the main advantage of digital cameras is - you can make hundreds and thousands of pictures and all you really wasted was just a little electric charge. No need to develop the pictures, no need to carefully choose the occasion when to take the picture, just click away and if its bad, delete it again.
Carpe Diem

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #161 on: 30 Dec 2010, 01:39 »

I assume the 'bloat' Akima referred to is what is commonly called 'feature creep.'

All a skilled photographer really needs is a way to control aperture and shutter speed, a built in meter, and a way to tell if the image is in focus.

Most of the SLR's that are sold today, digital or otherwise, have so many metering modes and other settings that most users have no idea when to use what.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #162 on: 30 Dec 2010, 01:40 »

DELETED LAST LINE:

Marten: My Godfather?
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #163 on: 30 Dec 2010, 01:44 »

This comic cracked me up. Awesome. Even though goatse is soooo disturbing.  :psyduck:

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #164 on: 30 Dec 2010, 03:25 »

I think Faye throwing Pintsize across the room is the highlight of this strip. She's discovered the ethical alternative to dwarf-tossing.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

tbones

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #165 on: 30 Dec 2010, 05:32 »

What's up with the font today... It looks.... Great!! :psyduck:

.... How does one recognize another person from the......

*AHEM* "gape"?????
DELETED LAST LINE:

Marten: My Godfather?

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Expecting that life will treat you well because you are good, it's like expecting a bull won't charge at you because you are vegetarian.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #166 on: 30 Dec 2010, 05:44 »

I think Faye throwing Pintsize across the room is the highlight of this strip. She's discovered the ethical alternative to dwarf-tossing.

Not only tthat, but her expression  when she does it - in one glance you get the whole of "Oh for fuck's sake, Pintsize, not now!"

In fact, all  the expressions are great.  I think I'm also wondering how Marten knew exactly  what Pintsize was doing...  those two are more closely connected than it seems...

Also, from Jeph's twitter; "PLZ no complaining about the font, it's just temporary and I'll change it tomorrow #jeez"
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2010, 05:46 by Carl-E »
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #167 on: 30 Dec 2010, 06:28 »

I assume the 'bloat' Akima referred to is what is commonly called 'feature creep.'

All a skilled photographer really needs is a way to control aperture and shutter speed, a built in meter, and a way to tell if the image is in focus.

Most of the SLR's that are sold today, digital or otherwise, have so many metering modes and other settings that most users have no idea when to use what.

Skilled is the key word here. My experience as an unskilled camera-user is that a lot of the features are there to cater for the (rare) occasions, where automation fails. Such as the need to use a fill-flash, autoexposure lock, or off-center point of focus.  Undoubtedly a skilled photographer gets better results by setting everything manually.

I bought my first autoeverything camera a few months before my son was born (you saw this coming, din't ya). Then I learned the hard way that there are these well documented easily identifiable situations, where the automatic mode of operation is inadequate. The problem was, of course, that my camera didn't have the necessary features to remedy these problematic cases.

So when the time to upgrade came, I knew what I wanted. My current (still analogue!) camera has all the features I can ask, and all these built-in programs for scenic shots, night-time.... Unfortunately the kid's growing at a slower pace now, so I haven't really had the need to learn about all these features  :roll:

Is this horse dead, yet? I apologize for the attempt to beat some life into it.

QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #168 on: 30 Dec 2010, 06:29 »

Oh, by the way, we've figured something out:

Faye's left-handed.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #169 on: 30 Dec 2010, 06:35 »

I presume the font is because this is the first outing of Jeph's new computer, and there are a few things not set up as he likes yet.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #170 on: 30 Dec 2010, 06:36 »

Oh, by the way, we've figured something out:

Faye's left-handed.

Dwarf AnthroPC tossing can be done with either hand.  I get the feeling we've seen her as a righty before, so maybe she's ambidextrous (swings both ways). 

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #171 on: 30 Dec 2010, 09:58 »

Dwarf AnthroPC tossing can be done with either hand.  I get the feeling we've seen her as a righty before, so maybe she's ambidextrous (swings both ways). 

*rimshot*

Omega

• Not quite a lurker
  • Ωmega
« Reply #172 on: 30 Dec 2010, 10:06 »

I've avoided Pintsize's twitter. I've never attempted to visit this "4chan" thing because of all the horrifying things I have heard. I've never even clicked on a link from this damned forum! Now, however, I just had to look up this "goatse" to get a better grip on this comic... I suppose the character's expressions should have been a clue, but still- why, Jeph, whyyy?!

*cough* So. Anyway. The... the new font is a change. Hope it w- will change back soon?
Εάν μπορείτε να διαβάσετε αυτό, ξέρετε τα ελληνικά.

tbones

« Reply #173 on: 30 Dec 2010, 10:24 »

ha, i remember the first time i looked at goatse... Those were the days when i was with hopes and dreams about the future.
Now i'm full of memes... :psyduck:
Expecting that life will treat you well because you are good, it's like expecting a bull won't charge at you because you are vegetarian.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #174 on: 30 Dec 2010, 10:40 »

Two things that just occurred to me while I was taking a whiz:
How likely is Dora to fire Cosette for "cursing" her relationship with Marten (is it even likely to cross her mind?)?
 And what will Tortura make of Cosette, and vice versa, should they ever meet?
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #175 on: 30 Dec 2010, 11:12 »

That could be hysterical - Tortura challenges Cosette to battle a la Scott Pilgrim, and Cosette defeats Tortura through a series of mishaps - tripping and avoiding a blow, her weapon going into a broken light fixture, and when Tortura's weapon hits, it turns out she's  the one that's grounded...

Ultimately, Cosette winds up battered and bruised, arm in a sling, but Tortura's the one under the chandeleir...

ha, i remember the first time i looked at goatse... Those were the days when i was with hopes and dreams about the future.
Now i'm full of memes... :psyduck:

On the internet, hopes and dreams become tropes and memes! 

I'm just glad I'm  not full of memes.  It sounds uncomfortable...

Mustakyy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
« Reply #176 on: 30 Dec 2010, 12:19 »

BWAHAHAHAHAH!

Seriously, if Faye hadn't thrown Pintsize across the room, would this have been one of the rare moments when the lil' bastard would have been left speechless. We'll never know. (actually i can remember only one case of shocked Pintsize)

Not only that, but her expression  when she does it - in one glance you get the whole of "Oh for fuck's sake, Pintsize, not now!"

In fact, all  the expressions are great.  I think I'm also wondering how Marten knew exactly  what Pintsize was doing...  those two are more closely connected than it seems...

Gotta agree on that. The whole scale of emotions is just marvelous (Marten's panicky expression in first panel, Faye's annoyance and anger on second, the whole gang's waiting curiosity and the final.. the sheer horror on everybody's face is simply priceless).

This comic cracked me up. Awesome. Even though goatse is soooo disturbing.  :psyduck:
Totally same here. Although the initial reaction was kind of "the horror.. the horror!", especially after reading Jeph's newspost, I found myself laughing SO HARD (after the initial shock/grossout ofc). Now im just wondering, has the internet spoiled the last fragments of decency from my mind  :evil:
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

tbones

« Reply #177 on: 30 Dec 2010, 12:21 »

It is. The worst part about being full of memes, is that i'm literally full of memes. :psyduck:

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #178 on: 30 Dec 2010, 12:28 »

Dun Dun DUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #179 on: 30 Dec 2010, 12:33 »

I thought the only time dwarf tossing was appropriate was when you needed to keep the uruk hai away from the gates?
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #180 on: 30 Dec 2010, 12:34 »

I thought the only time dwarf tossing was appropriate was when you needed to keep the uruk hai away from the gates?

And even then, you don't tell the Elf.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Wraith11B

• Larger than most fish
  • A Waste of Human Reproductive Facilities
« Reply #181 on: 30 Dec 2010, 12:55 »

I think it's awesome how Faye managed to grab Pint from his position on the couch from her position on the floor.

...Use the Force, Faye... Let go, Faye... Faye, trust me...
SPC, Infantry
3rd Platoon (RHINO), B Co 256STB
III Corps STB "Phantom Warrior"
USF-I

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #182 on: 30 Dec 2010, 13:55 »

It is. The worst part about being full of memes, is that i'm literally full of memes. :psyduck:

*keyboardcat plays you off*

:wink:

I love that Ms. Reed recognizes Goatse personally!  Back in the day when I saw that for the first time, the thing I pointed out was "Hey, he's wearing a wedding ring . . ."   :psyduck:  I'm now wondering if "Kirk" was one of Marten's high school teachers.  Pintsize (offscreen, having been Faye-a-pulted) may be speechless, possibly in awe of Ms. Reed.  LOVE the expressions of horror.   :-D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #183 on: 30 Dec 2010, 15:02 »

And even then, you don't tell the Elf.

Never tell the Elf.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #184 on: 30 Dec 2010, 15:09 »

I remember reading somewhere his name actually was Kirk...
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #185 on: 30 Dec 2010, 16:14 »

Seriously, if Faye hadn't thrown Pintsize across the room, would this have been one of the rare moments when the lil' bastard would have been left speechless. We'll never know. (actually i can remember only one case of shocked Pintsize)

I think there was another time he was shocked. 

By Momo. 

@marigoldfarmer OW OW OW OW OKAY OKAY TELL MOMO TO STOP FUCKING ELECTROCUTING ME OW
9:00 PM Aug 29th via Tweetie for Mac in reply to marigoldfarmer

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #186 on: 30 Dec 2010, 17:12 »

Haha, Veronica's a funny troll.

I mean, she is trolling, right?

...Right???
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

cuzsis

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #187 on: 30 Dec 2010, 17:18 »

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And Ms. Vance/Reed takes it home for the win!  Seriously Pintsize, I appreciate the effort, zany robot antics are what you do, but trying to step up on a nationally famous professional dominatrix?  Seriously?  Our lovely, well-aged lady of the evening has probably seen things that would melt your circuits.

Ah....now *that* would be awesome to see (figuratively speaking of course!).

Veronica getting the best of Pintsize.

It would be glorious! :-D

Fen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Pregrinating flâneur
    • Blog!
« Reply #188 on: 30 Dec 2010, 17:46 »

Faye+pintsize reminds me of how I toss my cat around when he annoys me.

*harder to do since he has gotten huge! but if I really try I can pull off the one-hand-toss.*

And she's not kidding, the goatse guy's name IS kirk. I'm somehow not surprised jeph knew that. He was traced b someone with lots of free time and a talent in memorising particular anal features such as moles. Here's his site(warning: it is a porn site with the goatse guy).

And here is his majesty in a good, sexy picture warning:naked old man, full frontal. no goatse visible:
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2010, 17:53 by Fen »

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #189 on: 30 Dec 2010, 17:54 »

I still take mine by the scruff of the neck and give her a good toss when she's up where she shouldn't be. 

She's about 15 lbs, so it makes a very satisfying [thud] when she lands. 

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #190 on: 30 Dec 2010, 18:01 »

Now, the question I must ask is is Pintsize trying to help Marten or troll Veronica?
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #191 on: 30 Dec 2010, 18:56 »

He is being Pintsize.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #192 on: 30 Dec 2010, 19:03 »

So, yes.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #193 on: 30 Dec 2010, 19:44 »

Two things that just occurred to me while I was taking a whiz:
How likely is Dora to fire Cosette for "cursing" her relationship with Marten (is it even likely to cross her mind?)?
 And what will Tortura make of Cosette, and vice versa, should they ever meet?

Not likely at all, I don't think.

Even more interesting would be if Tortura and Ms. Vance met.  Maybe they already know each other.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #194 on: 30 Dec 2010, 21:42 »

Have a fantastic day off, Jeph.

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #195 on: 30 Dec 2010, 21:52 »

Maybe we'll get a Yelling Bird tonight. 

I love that guy.  :D

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #196 on: 30 Dec 2010, 21:57 »

Seems 'twas not to be.  Grateful for the comic-shaped thing anyway.  Are those black wavy lines passed gas?

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #197 on: 30 Dec 2010, 21:58 »

Seems 'twas not to be.  Grateful for the comic-shaped thing anyway.  Are those black wavy lines passed gas?

Well yes.   How else would they be floating?   

Happy New Year, Jeph!

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #198 on: 30 Dec 2010, 23:27 »

And remember, if you're throwing a party, do not invite the shame orb!

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #199 on: 30 Dec 2010, 23:43 »

...Or Yelling Bird.

Not that it will make a difference, little bastard will show up either way, but at least you'll have plausible deniablity.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up