THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 02:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Wink Wink 2011 - A bit of a change this year  (Read 662419 times)

pinkpiche

• The German Chancellory building
Re: Wink Wink 2011 - A bit of a change this year
« Reply #450 on: 06 Mar 2011, 23:27 »

Hey guys. I'm looking for a record that has the Möbius strip on the cover (white on dark blue background I think) and it is probably from the Fabric series... Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I checked the discography already and couldn't find it, so I could be wrong. It got deleted when my pc crashed..
"Yeah, they're always biting my shit you know how that goes"

2HourHiatus

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Select pistol, and then select your horse.
    • The Two Hour Hiatus
« Reply #451 on: 07 Mar 2011, 06:29 »

Hey guys. I'm looking for a record that has the Möbius strip on the cover (white on dark blue background I think) and it is probably from the Fabric series... Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I checked the discography already and couldn't find it, so I could be wrong. It got deleted when my pc crashed..

maybe you're thinking of a warp records comp?
Lady, step inside my Hyundai...

pinkpiche

« Reply #452 on: 07 Mar 2011, 06:37 »

Yes! I am.. Thank you
"Yeah, they're always biting my shit you know how that goes"

TheClickOfALight

• The Click Of A Light
« Reply #453 on: 07 Mar 2011, 07:07 »

Celer - Brittle (2009)

DROOOOONE!

Code: [Select]
http://www.M/F.com/?uzmidztry0m

yop

« Reply #454 on: 07 Mar 2011, 07:16 »

Raster-Noton is great! I really like Kangding Ray releases..

Kangding Ray / Alva Noto / Ben Frost - Pruitt Igoe

Enhanced and incredibly produced bass music from the Raster Noton camp courtesy of Kangding Ray, reinforced with stunning remixes from Alva Noto and Ben Frost. With 'Pruitt Igoe' Kangding Ray augments his sound to Raster's current avant-techno agenda, logging onto the 'floor with the burly swing of 'Rise' and 'Fall', both echoing Dubstep's move into slower tempos and elevated groove technology like some uncompromising Teutonic cousin to Pinch's 'Croydon House' sound or a steel-plated Shackleton rhythm trip. Of course this is all in line with Raster's overriding agenda of intense, considered minimalism, striving to eke the optimised impact from every sound and eschewing the need for any unnecessarily conventional melody or harmony. On the remixes, Alva Noto continues a streak of rhythmically charged form, following remixes for Greie Gut Fraktion and Vladislav Delay with a colossal remodel of 'Rise', filtering the original's distorted field recordings of street singers from Uttar Pradesh into something like an inverted version of Ancient Methods' stentorian techno funk. Finally, Ben Frost returns Kangding Ray's programming favour on his 'By The Throat' album with a gripping refix of 'Fall', placing kicks like boulders strewn on arctic tundra while dynamically contorting the ghoulish synths into nightmarish figures looming from the inky blackness. As you can probably tell, this is pushing our buttons, hard. So good.

The Alva Noto Remodel is incredible. Check!

http://www.M/F.com/?kcm12cgun30bh42

kwami42

• Obscure cultural reference
    • last.fm
« Reply #455 on: 07 Mar 2011, 18:04 »

Wow the above is super sick

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #456 on: 08 Mar 2011, 04:11 »

Last Post - 27 Fotos

So my friend moved back to Brazil and started a pop-punk band. Here's a google translated review! If you download it from the site in the review, they get monies, but you have to register (I don't think they'd get more if anyone used my account).

Unlike other bands trying to make music out there, the Sao Paulo Last Post has veterans from the indie scene and it becomes clear when you hear the instrumental in this extremely well executed first EP, "27 Pictures".
The disc has a clean sound and radio, which makes it very easy to listen to it till the end ... Once, twice, three times without seasick.
The extra ingredient is the responsibility of the shares of Koala, the Hateen, in "Rare" and Carox, the track "Far From Evil." Incidentally, besides the chorus stick in the head, there is a (different) special touch to this last song by pop radio and among adolescents: the female voice.
"Unstable" and "The Moment You Want" should be highlighted, either by letters, by the guitar riffs, is the battery, even in impeccable setbacks.
Altogether there are seven tracks, all with the guy hit. If you enjoy a lighter rock, pop rock, be sure to hear "27 Pictures" available for download at http://tramavirtual.uol.com.br/lastpostoficial

http://www.M/F.com/?j5pn6spn388abhb

TheClickOfALight

• The Click Of A Light
« Reply #457 on: 08 Mar 2011, 05:09 »

Sounds good, I HATE when I get seasick listening to records.

nufan

• Curry sauce
« Reply #458 on: 08 Mar 2011, 05:14 »

Some more post-dubstep. Here are a couple of EP's/singles by XXXY and Kähn.

XXXY - Every Step Forward EP

Quote from: boomkat
Continuing a run of exceptional form, XXXY drops four tracks of techy post-garage on Fortified Audio. The Manchester-based producer's name has been everywhere this year and this 12" should only serve to heighten his ubiquity. 'This Much' smoothly sails in with warm chords and precisely itchy garage patterns anchored with fluid subs while 'Just For Me' perches itself between gentle house motifs and more ragged rave signifiers atop bustling 2-step rhythms. 'Turn' follows on a Zomby-fied flex with calculated bleeps precipitating a swollen bottom end, with euphoric keys and Detroit-inspired synth washes to levitate the soul, before 'Flew' goes back under the spell of dub techno with aquatic dub chords and frisky garage/house rhythms. A must for fans of Spatial, Indigo, Synkro, Narcossist etc.
http://www.M/F.com/?zr5vdletnq234x5
XXXY - You Always Start It/Ordinary Things

Ten Thousand Yen push the proverbial boat out with a fittingly resplendent screen-printed sleeve for xxxy's mighty 'You Always Start It'. Riding a wave of adulation from Fact Magazine and his label boss, Doc Daneeka, xxxy has arrived at his most substantial, emotionally arresting single to date. The title track is a proper Bobby dazzler, swinging with a sussed deep garage groove but taken in any direction you need to go through judicious use of a cascading arpeggio that envelopes the whole track and turns it into a twirling double helix of mutant Techno and anthemic Garage. 'Ordinary Things' is a little simpler, relaxing into a plump, subs driven roller with MDMA-triggering euphoric builds like a more sensitive cousin to the all-together-now rave of Hot City. Fans of Joy Orbison, Roof Light, or Julio Bashmore - this one is massive!!!
http://www.M/F.com/?e76m6h3vweetv9q
Kähn - Altar EP

No boomkat review for this, but it sounds one hell of a lot like Maxinquaye era Tricky - that is to say awesome.
http://www.M/F.com/?8e0d0g9mpezppif
Kähn - Like We Used To/Helter Skelter

This is even better, the A Side is absolutely killer.
Quote from: boomkat
Dazzling debut vinyl from Kahn, a new talent discovered by exceptional minds at Punch Drunk. 'Like We Used To' is a powerfully built 130bpm swinger, stroking fragrant female vocal into orgiastic glossolalia over clipped 2-step and seasick subs copulating like Zomby and SBTRKT. 'Helter Skelter' is more exothermic, radiating stereo spirals of cascading lazer synths on a halfstep bump and grind akin to the recent Objekt 12". Huge, frankly.
http://www.mediafire.com/?eg06xbdcvmpvkdw
« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2011, 06:16 by nufan »

Algernon

• dangerously bipedal
« Reply #459 on: 08 Mar 2011, 05:34 »

Pssst, I want to listen to it but you forgot to actually post the link for that last one...

nufan

• Curry sauce
« Reply #460 on: 08 Mar 2011, 06:17 »

Blargen tiredness. Posting those 4 took me far longer than it should have. Fixed now.

yop

« Reply #461 on: 08 Mar 2011, 06:36 »

Actress - Harrier ATTK / Gershwin

Actress drops his first release since the milestone 'Splazsh' LP with two killers for Nonplus. It follows last years surprise entry 'Machine & Voice' with a similar dancefloor slant, especially on the hard swinging archival track 'Harrier ATTK'. Like much of his gear it's practically devoid of discernable bass (compared with your average dubstep tune), but like his idol, Drexciya, much of the energy comes from uniquely programmed syncopation and textures that bite and graze instead of punching you in the stomach, while the lead riff is just pure electro emo. On the flip 'Gershwin' is more akin to something from his Thriller sessions, a squashed and smudged underwater R&B number warped with coruscating filters and with the surfaces of his one-man submersible about to buckle under the deep sea pressure. Killer!

http://www.m/f.com/?y7s4h8t7p10fhe1

Egyptrixx - Bible Eyes

Nights Slugs' foreign correspondent, Toronto resident Egyptrixx, comes very correct with his second album 'Bible Eyes'. It's also the first solo artist album to be released on the label, and represents the more synth-based side of their oeuvre in fine style. He's been a member of the crew since his early 2010 12" 'The Only Way Is Up', but has been orbiting the mutant electro/Bass scene for a few years already. Ten tracks deep, the cryptically titled 'Bible Eyes' cycles through a neon spectrum of club killers interspersed with poppier and slightly more esoteric grooves. The undoubted highlight for many will be his achingly sharp pop piece 'Chrysalis Records' featuring the nonchalant female vox of Trust over his signature detuned synthlines and clipped Funky drums in sensuous, synthetic copulation. Those seasick synths form the basis for much of the album, in the two parts of banger 'Recital', to jelly-limbed effect on 'Bible Eyes' and to screwed Trance effect on 'Naples', the most melancholy and experimental moment. If you thought Egyptrixx was just all about club bangers, then this album should widen your expectations of him and Night Slugs in general. Highly Recommended.

http://www.m/f.com/?pn1bdh9f1em71xk

TheClickOfALight

• The Click Of A Light
« Reply #462 on: 08 Mar 2011, 07:20 »

Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness (2008)

I’m in a big shoegaze mood […] this could just be the pick of the contemporary bunch. Ambient, woozy, considered shoegaze. No massive speaker-exploding noises. If you felt so inclined, you could apply the term ‘post-shoegaze’ to them to be pretentious. Up to you.

How my mate described this album. He’s probably right y’know.

http://www.M/F.com/?aemkq2ynzwg

Crinte

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #463 on: 08 Mar 2011, 08:42 »

Felt it was time to give something back:

http://www.mediafire.com/?u4ioyyemzmu
Tucked within the psychedelic lo-fi of the Night People label is a band as anomalous to the overall NP aesthetic as it is analogous in its reinvention of classic sounds. Broken Water, a trio from Olympia, Washington, tap into their region's roots, their songs spilling over with the distorted crunch once recognized as the Northwest's calling card. Whether taking cues from Cascadian trailblazers Unwound, invoking the spirit of prime 1980s Sonic Youth and Dinosaur Jr., or slowing melodic noisemakers My Bloody Valentine, Lush and Black Tambourine down to a molasses-like pace, Broken Water take the scraps of old and build a style anew. Although the touchstones are immediate, nothing created by Broken Water seems disingenuous, and the wave of nostalgia that initially greets the ears is soon overwhelmed by distinction. Broken Water's sound seems to resound in the rainy coastal woodlands that they are surrounded by, with dense walls of swirling distortion breathing into syrupy magma and reverb drenched beauty. Heaviness and noise are well-balanced, with droning bass grooves building foundations for constantly evolving guitar and spooky vocal harmonies; a subtle, psychedelic sound as dark as it is colourful. Broken Water's dreamy take on hazy, pastoral sonic exploration provides endless amounts of transcendent listening.

This album has really grown on me, if you are a fan of any of the bands cited above, this is probably worth your time to check out.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #464 on: 08 Mar 2011, 11:52 »

Oh dang I was gonna post that.:C

You guys should download that it's really rad.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

large/marge

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #465 on: 08 Mar 2011, 14:32 »

Inside - My Funeral (1999)

http://www.m/f.com/?yd1zjy1zedm

Inside - Seven Inches to Wall Drug (1998)

http://www.m/f.com/?5ynjjicy4ny

I’d like to highlight a band that greatly impacted my high school years. I spent countless hours making cassette recordings of their 7 inches and records and used them as my crutch for the long walk to high school (actually it was only a 3/4 mile walk, but still). This band is Inside. Inside, based out of Lindenhurst, NY on Long Island, was a late 90’s emo band compared favorably to Mineral and Sunny Day Real Estate. Powerful and impressive vocals, thick guitar work, panning in and out of both ears beautifully, and some of the most well written emo lyrics I have ever found myself singing outloud in my car. I know the “emo” word is a label people stray away from these days, but Initial Records cited these lads as single handedly introducing the genre to the underground masses that eventually took over the late 90’s early 2000’s.

“7 Inches to Wall Drug”, released in 1998, was a compilation of their 7” releases spanning the first three years of the bands birth. The second I spun “Stumbled on a Penny” on my record player I was hooked. That song still gives me chills. The recordings arent the best quality but you can feel it. Inside’s last release, “My Funeral”, was the band’s swan song before disbanding in 1999. I still look to this record for inspiration because it’s just a gem. Production, guitar work, vocal tones, ups and downs, balads, breakdowns… it has it all. After the breakup, Inside went on to form bands like Blood Red, Babyteeth, Tinsips, Dearly Departed, The Movielife, and Taking Back Sunday. If you’ve never had a chance to check out Inside, please do now. Enjoy!

"wise man say... never pay full price for late pizza."

öde

« Reply #466 on: 08 Mar 2011, 14:54 »

Polymaths - So Long Castle Road EP

In case some people didn't get the superb pop-rock record from this Canadian band, featuring the wailing of JohnnyC if I remember correctly.

http://www.M/F.com/?25fi6n5l5zknn30

Some more post-dubstep. Here are a couple of EP's/singles by XXXY and Kähn.

XXXY - Every Step Forward EP

This XXXY thing is pretty good.
« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2011, 14:56 by öde »

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #467 on: 08 Mar 2011, 15:01 »

DAN! o/

I had that on my old laptop and could never track down another copy when it went kaput. IIRC, Johnny's on the track about being a lumberjack or something.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

A_S00

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #468 on: 08 Mar 2011, 21:47 »

[Polymaths snippage]

What ever happened to them?  All I found was a reference on their Facebook page to them being "now defunct."

-----

Red Sullivan - The Bridge EP

Some young dudes in NYC apparently have nothing better to do than to make some decent tunes and publish them on Bandcamp.

http://www.M/F.com/?q6u83i3u6dzbre3

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #469 on: 09 Mar 2011, 14:24 »

fuck that Polymaths album is really good

don't know why i didn't listen to them sooner
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

FloridaRotisserie

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #470 on: 09 Mar 2011, 14:39 »

Angels of light = mind blown/in some sort of fugue state

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #471 on: 09 Mar 2011, 16:31 »

40 Watt Sun - The Inside Room (2011)

http://www.M/F.com/?wj91pv2gb89lp42
Sounds like: Absolutely incredible melancholic doom metal.  Very stripped down, much like classic doom, but saturated with intense emotion.  Pretty amazing stuff, I highly recommend it to fans of metal, or rock music, or music in general, or I guess any kind of audible sounds

Here is a youtube link to convince you
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2011, 16:33 by SWOON! at My Gravitas »

öde

« Reply #472 on: 09 Mar 2011, 17:30 »

O'Death - Head Home

Excellent, furious, fairly lo-fi, foot-stomping folk.

http://www.mediafire.com/?x0wr5135v3366l4

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #473 on: 09 Mar 2011, 19:00 »

seems i've fallen out with you, uploady thread, but here's a couple things i've uploaded for friends that you could use

the minders - it's a bright guilty world (2006)

classic elephant 6 shit. this one is my favorite minders

http://www.M/F.com/?e2ywaudti3rs6fa

the golden dogs - coat of arms (2010)

the golden dogs are awesome. this album features some incredibly precise, well-balanced, finely tuned arrangements. they're not quite "pop" since they can let their guitars rip when they want 'em. very well-crafted, lots and lots of energy. i put up their older albums too in past threads and well okay i'll just put up big eye little eye too because it is my favorite

http://www.M/F.com/?41zq6h63eg94agh

the golden dogs - big eye little eye

this is the shit they destroyed the troubadour with when i saw them open for sloooooooaaaannn in 2008. changed my life

http://www.M/F.com/?dizdnxztjze
it's time to stop posting

Nappuccino

• Plantmonster
« Reply #474 on: 09 Mar 2011, 22:11 »

O'Death - Head Home

[img width=300 height=300]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qgG4Li%2B3L.jpg[img]

Excellent, furious, fairly lo-fi, foot-stomping folk.

http://www.M/F.com/?x0wr5135v3366l4

You sir, i love you.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #475 on: 10 Mar 2011, 07:43 »

That Golden Dog stuff is pretty rad, thanks
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #476 on: 10 Mar 2011, 10:36 »

Low - C'mon

http://www.M/F.com/?7harjb6tu1r7zxp
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #477 on: 10 Mar 2011, 12:28 »

oh my

Mein Tumblr

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #478 on: 10 Mar 2011, 12:33 »

Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness (2008)

I’m in a big shoegaze mood […] this could just be the pick of the contemporary bunch. Ambient, woozy, considered shoegaze. No massive speaker-exploding noises. If you felt so inclined, you could apply the term ‘post-shoegaze’ to them to be pretentious. Up to you.

How my mate described this album. He’s probably right y’know.

http://www.M/F.com/?aemkq2ynzwg

There's definitely shoegaze influence, but it's not shoegaze. I feel like simply labeling it as that really undermines what they do on this album. Anyway, band is amazing and so creative, and if you enjoy this record, get Voids and Time of Land too. The former is two of their older EPs compiled, and Time of Land is a newer one.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #479 on: 10 Mar 2011, 15:58 »

gospel

• the word
« Reply #480 on: 10 Mar 2011, 18:16 »

31Knots - Trump Harm

http://www.mediafire.com/?htda8h0z465lf5h
Bonnie "Prince" Billy & The Cairo Gang - Island Brothers

http://www.mediafire.com/?1as5lxuc7fo5dmz
Computer Magic - Electric Fences

http://www.mediafire.com/?1v09ikbsw26ssjf
The Mountain Goats - All Eternals Deck (234 VBR, 70MB -- dunno, assuming it's better quality)
http://www.mediafire.com/?5vap8mvvej36abw
Felix Cartal  - The Joker [EP]

http://www.mediafire.com/?835tivelgicn0w6No idea why, but I've had "The Riddler" in my head for like 2 days.

?*cough*
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

yop

« Reply #481 on: 11 Mar 2011, 04:28 »

Tape - Revelationes

Since 2008's gorgeous 'Luminarium', Swedish troupe Tape have been holed up in their Summa studio in Stockholm, studiously busying themselves hand-crafting a follow up. And what a sequel it is; 'Revelationes' is everything you would hope for from the band and more, finding the well-worn sound of brothers Andreas and Johan Berthling pushing into darker, more downtrodden territory. The overwhelming prettiness of Tape's back catalogue has been pushed aside; echoes of Slint's genre-defining 'Spiderland' haunt the opening notes of 'Dust and Light', but when the signature organs and electronics finally make an appearance it is a markedly more subtle and melancholy affair than we might have expected from the band. 'Revelationes' is somehow deeply sad and incredibly affecting, but is a record flecked with hope - the curiously uplifting vibraphones, wavering theramin and jazz-tinged drums offering an occasional and much needed counterpoint to the mood. The band have refined their craft over an enviable selection of full-lengths, and 'Revelationes', which clocks in at an economical thirty-two minutes, is easily their most focused to date. No song drags or outstays its welcome, instead their pieces are pointed and enjoyable, bringing to mind Tortoise at their very best. A beautiful album - Highly Recommended

http://www.m/f.com/?r5uqk3se59h7d2e

Mandelbrot & Skyy - OD - Axis

Mandelbrot & Skyy is a new horizon for Jeffrey Witscher (Rene Hell) and Daren Ho (Raccoo-oo-oon), a pair of busy heads with a stack of ace releases for NNA Tapes, Type Records and Yellow Swans in the last year alone. We'd imagine 'OD-Axis' is the kind of horizontal, skyward-gazing gear you're meant to listen to after imbibing the cyber disco of their recent, and very, very ace Cuticle 12" on 100% Silk (don't sleep on this one!). These four tracks form their take on the kind of patched harmonic cross-hatching and bubbling rhythmic cadences of the neo-Kosmiche sectors, only with a more melted, malleable construction and richness of detail that escapes many of its practitioners. Frontside they gently depressurise with the glowtone cadence of 'System R' before suspending us in a hybrid simulation of OPN and Belbury Poly-like harmonic dissonance with 'Sirocco' and lolling out to the lysergic synth noise of 'TT Races'. B-side 'Monte Carlo' is more substantial, an intrepid multi-dimensional voyage navigating through the Schulze constellation via E.M.A.K style electromagnetic pulses and eventually being consumed by an epic black hole and spat out somewhere in the skies over the North Rhein. Excellent.

http://www.m/f.com/?88tm9m2ie9xddnw

A_S00

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #482 on: 11 Mar 2011, 05:34 »

R.E.M. - Collapse Into Now

http://www.M/F.com/?mzf9bbwyytxc1p4

ptownblazer

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #483 on: 11 Mar 2011, 11:03 »

The Fags - E.P. (2002)

http://www.M/F.com/?docfk05jjhoy4qq
This is such a guilty pleasure. 5 songs. Set aside your music snobbery. It's absolutely worth it. You will not be able to help liking these songs, at least that's been my experience - even if there is a part of me that wants to resist their pull. They all have incredibly infectious melodies, and Ms. Take in particular has this ridiculously large chorus that you can't resist shouting along to.
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2011, 11:14 by ptownblazer »

ogbza

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #484 on: 11 Mar 2011, 11:08 »

Parts and Labor - Constant Future (320 KBPS)

The band has a fun, physical sound, and they never once move away from that sound on Constant Future. That's a formulaic approach to writing an album, but it's an approach that works; every one of this band's albums is worthy of hard-drive real estate. Constant Future doesn't much build on previous albums, stylistically or qualitatively, but it displays a group of now-veteran dudes who know their strengths and who never stop playing to them. There's a lot to be said for doing one thing and doing it well, and that's what Parts & Labor do here.

http://www.M/F.com/?h2o56b4m3i0toh3

yop

« Reply #485 on: 12 Mar 2011, 04:16 »

Ancient Methods - First Method

Well, we truly have been blessed this year with some new classic emissions from the Berlin techno epicentre and here's yet another set of tracks reminding us just why this music has us all so rapt, week in week out and so shamelessly addicted. Killer squashed techno, music for underground spaces and resonant chambers, apparently sourcing from two shadowy associates of the mighty Tresor, appropriately enough. After some deliciously spooked soundscaping on the intro, one rude assed rhythm just lands squarely dead centre, as huge warehouse ready sounds are allowed to interfere and then amplify the drive and flow of this truly large piece. Drop the needle on the b side and instantly fond memories of classic Dynamo productions spring to mind, not that this is the work of the Erosion maestro, but still the level of production is right up there - dirty, militant techno with bass capable of dismantling buildings, The second cut is crispier and royally crushed, a wicked track for cutting up - all round essential purchase.

Ancient Methods - Second Method

Supreme industrial techno heavyness from the shadowy Ancient Methods imprint. Following in the leaden footsteps of the first 12" on the label the well cloaked techno figure behind the series continues to produce some intensely dark and underground techno gear strictly for the purest heads with four tracks ranging from pitch black mechanical 4/4 to Female style polyrhythmic shakers and onto floor smacking Surgeon alike standards, all edited in line with the Berlin minimal commandment of less is more. This is quite possibly some of the heaviest gear this particular producer has come up with in a long time and most definitely his most club/floor dedicated tracks in an age so you know you really can't be missing out on this sick slab of wax. Awesome.

Ancient Methods - Third Method

Pitch black techno war funk from the Ancient Methods crew, enlisting the help of darkside uberlord Regis (or is it Female??) on a Ugandan Method mix. A little digging around has recently revealed the AM crew to be affiliated to Berlin's Tresor club, updating the legendary spot's heritage of darker-than-thou teutonic techno with a grimier and modernised production palette, but still resolutely sounding like it could only come from Germany. The Ugandan Methods mix of 'Else' is pure darkside punishment of the variety you'll come back to time and again like a gimp begging his mistress for a beating, reconfiguring the pummeling flow with slanted snares and a darkly funked flavour. The original mix is what the ogres from LOTR listen to on their iPods before mooching off for a slay, oppressive and brutally irresistable techno boshment of the highest order. 'White Flames' on the flipside is an experimental edged pain inflictor for fans of Kareem, Downwards, or the Pom Pom crew, rousing kinked rhythms, forged with a serrated metallic edge of heavy industrial atmopsherics. Think studs, sandpaper, and strong drugs. Tip!

Ancient Methods - Fourth Method

It's hard for anyone into harder techno to contain their feelings about Ancient Methods right now. In the space of four releases they've become the most talked about and exciting act operating in that resolutely underground style, delivering an uncompromising dose of the tough stuff for those that need it. 'Fourth Method' continues their trajectory into the nether regions of techno with three brutally funky doom rhythms, from the extended siege on the A-side forging skull smashing snares and boulder rolling kicks, to the plague of rhythmic noise and final march to victory on the B-side. You know what you're getting into. Exceptional stuff. Highly Recommended!

Ancient Methods - Fifth Method

An absolute masterclass in PROPER industrial techno from Berlin's Ancient Methods. Following their mindblowing Fact mix, Baeks and Trias don't muck about, dropping the sort of totemic techno tools that make grown men and women dance like they mean it. The A-side unloads ballistic kicks with overtly funky reverse edits and of course, lashings of barbaric noise, while the flip churns up martial marching beats pecked with the stentorian command of "Groovy" followed by another slamming heavyweight full of twisted metal riffs and pneumatic rhythms. You know what you're letting yourself in for, and it'll make you grin like a loon.

Some pretty amazing Productions by these guys.. Deep, dark (industrial) techno. Enjoy!!!

http://www.m/f.com/?k5663w8kg1nfckv
http://www.m/f.com/?kpn5zllcjq2g8zj

Function -  Immolare / Falling The Same Way

*Marbled white vinyl* Function serves two masterful live mixes of tracks from Sandwell District's majestic 'Feed Forward' album, recorded in Japan last year. Captured in Osaka, the A-side features the three sections of 'Immolare' dynamically shuffled and resequenced with a deft sleight of hand, while the flipside bears a rework of the elegiac 'Falling The Same Way' recorded in Tokyo's legendary Dommune club, it's dramatic impact enhanced with extra spacious, layered detailing and gracefully augmented rhythms. The label have pushed the boat out some for this one, too, with special die-cut sleeve and label artwork, not to mention the marbled vinyl!

http://www.m/f.com/?6wnjwcxb81p8xw8

Sandwell District - Feed Forward

FINALLY! Sandwell District unleash the most anticipated techno album of the last twelve months, an inspirational double clear vinyl plus bonus 7" and fanzine affair executed to the highest standards. If you're of a technoid persuasion the label and its co-conspirators Karl O'Connor (Regis), David Sumner (Function), Juan Mendez (Silent Servant), and Peter Sutton (Female) will need little introduction, but if you're not au fait, they're basically the vanguard of contemporary, dark and electronic dance music. 'Feed-Forward' was originally conceived by Juan Mendez as a fanzine showcasing his artwork found on the SD tumblr site, but the idea expanded into a full length LP (never to be released digitally) featuring contributions from each of the label's core members, whose collective work has formed one of the most important, principled, and disciplined bodies of techno music in the last decade. The scope of their mission is divulged in the three opening movements of 'Immolare', gliding in from blank-eyed coldwave ambience to a passage of body-throbbing bunker techno and fading out to glacial strings. Those strings are a prominent feature for much of the set, adding an elegant balance to the robust, ERP-on-2CI sweep of 'Grey Cut Out' and imbuing the album's emotive peak 'Falling The Same Way' with an utterly sublime sense of dancefloor suspension. We'll leave the rest for you to discover but we've gotta be a little bit sly and say that two of the best tracks appear on the limited edition 7" included. The two sides of 'Readymade' drop the beats to leave awe-inspiring feats of resonant kosmic 2010 ambience, the likes of which you're never going to hear anywhere else. Sorry! In all, this is a milestone for pure and uncompromised electronic music and comes strongly recommended - blink and you'll miss out.

http://www.m/f.com/?3upa1uttjjy7gim
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2011, 08:19 by yop »

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #486 on: 12 Mar 2011, 08:01 »

A little bit of Acadian Hip-Hop. I've been listening to these two albums a lot these days.

Cliché Hot - Radio Radio

http://www.mediafire.com/?gd8uguko57owp8yFirst LP by this hip-hop quartet. Very electronic. Instrumentation is basically just synths and drum machines. Standout tracks: Forme Elliptique, Cliché Hot, Baisse Les Lights.

Belmundo Regal -- Radio Radio

http://www.mediafire.com/?g0asbb0jhe7a3avLatest LP by this group, now a trio, with MC Timo's departure. More variety in the sounds. Unlike the first one, which was more party-oriented, this album is much more chill. Standout tracks: 9 Piece Luggage Set, Dekshoo, Sur La Galavante, Kenny G Non-Stop.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #487 on: 12 Mar 2011, 08:13 »

Mogwai - EP+2

Way more interesting to listen to if you've already scooped Young Team, since it touches on the same sounds and themes. This is the American distro copy, without the other four bonus tracks on EP+6.
http://www.mediafire.com/?n74tkusf0n6kogq
Mogwai - Government Commissions: BBC Sessions 1996-2003

Really phenomenal sound in these "live" radio versions. You can actually hear the dudes twiddling pedal knobs for effect, really gives the album an analog feel.
http://www.mediafire.com/?u6ruku578j6cyxz
Mogwai - Kicking A Dead Pig + Mogwai Fear Satan Remixes

Mostly hit-or-miss here. Kicking A Dead Horse is generally pretty good to splice with the rest of yr post-rock collection, but a few of the Fear Satan mixes are downright awful. This was burned from the Jetset-issued release, which has a few more tracks than the earlier release and is a lot harder to find.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jwjvi2325n75fju
Mogwai - Ten Rapid

Really quiet mixing, but Helicon 1 & 2 are easily some of Mogwai's best work.
http://www.mediafire.com/?n66dbnddtanhj9o
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

amok

• Duck attack survivor
  • low AI ketamine android
« Reply #488 on: 12 Mar 2011, 08:22 »

Ancient Methods

These are absolute quality. Cheers 8-)

nippletwister

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #489 on: 12 Mar 2011, 08:34 »

Parts and Labor - Constant Future (320 KBPS)

The band has a fun, physical sound, and they never once move away from that sound on Constant Future. That's a formulaic approach to writing an album, but it's an approach that works; every one of this band's albums is worthy of hard-drive real estate. Constant Future doesn't much build on previous albums, stylistically or qualitatively, but it displays a group of now-veteran dudes who know their strengths and who never stop playing to them. There's a lot to be said for doing one thing and doing it well, and that's what Parts & Labor do here.

http://www.M/F.com/?h2o56b4m3i0toh3

Really been enjoying this one.

TheClickOfALight

• The Click Of A Light
« Reply #490 on: 12 Mar 2011, 08:51 »

Dinah Washington - Dinah Jams (1954)

I love spending lazy Saturdays reading and listening to jazz, and this is such an incredible album; the arrangements are perfect, and that voice will just blow you away.

http://www.M/F.com/?d1m34zhao0o9agj

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #491 on: 12 Mar 2011, 17:52 »

Ready To Die(Remaster) - The Notorius B.I.G.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vq663j5vn6audua
Have some Biggie Smalls to go with your Nas

Mein Tumblr

The Rube

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #492 on: 13 Mar 2011, 06:46 »

Yoshimio- Bor Cozmik (2009)

[img width= height= alt=Yoshimio Bor Cozmik]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4816/yoshimioborkozmik.jpg[/img]

Yoshimi of Boredoms fame occasionally releases solo albums in addition to her side-work in OOIOO.  The last two came out under the moniker: Yoshimio, and this is the second one of them, which was released at the same time as Super Roots 10.  There's about ten minutes of tribal drumming and chanting, followed by 25+ minutes of field recordings overlayed with electronic ambience.  Not the most accessible thing, but if you're in the right mood it's fairly transporting.  This disc has proven very hard to come by on the net.  I imported it from Japan, and present it to you as an apple lossless file.  I know lossless is a bit of a pain to download, but as this file and cd are not commonly available, I wanted to provide it in format that can ultimately satisfy everyone who wants it.

good review here:
http://www.jrawk.com/Content/Y/yoshimio/bor.html
part 1
http://www.m/f.com/?35i7u5226ee53g2part 2
http://www.m/f.com/?9p7ucd0540s6jcypart 3
http://www.m/f.com/?h7nitiys6l83m4v

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #493 on: 13 Mar 2011, 07:46 »

The Fags - E.P. (2002)

If that's the pre-Gogol Bordello band with Eugene Hutz, I've got a full LP on iTunes.

I was uploading this mostly for Scarychips, but here, the rest of you:

Mikey Erg - untitled EP

No album art, no title. Just a heart-shaped 12" with two songs on it.

http://www.M/F.com/?t58i5lyqdj7dne8
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2011, 07:54 by valley_parade »
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

TheClickOfALight

• The Click Of A Light
« Reply #494 on: 13 Mar 2011, 09:37 »

Explosions In The Sky - Take Care, Take Care, Take Care (2011)

This will make Monday morning so much more bearable.

http://www.M/F.com/?hme0vhqpav9c0hp

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #495 on: 13 Mar 2011, 09:44 »

good page break

Hollow Press (my blog)

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #496 on: 13 Mar 2011, 09:59 »

I'm pre-ordering this and I really fuckdamming hope I get colored vinyl.

edit: and ladies and gentlemen, as a refresher course...THE RULES

Rules:

The first rule of this thread is you do not mention MF.  I am doing this because we are currently the first hit for the full version of "MF thread" on Google, so y'know, that's bad n' shit.

No hot-linking images or albums. You can re-host images at http://imageshack.us.

Ensure your tags are correct and that you have specified both Artist/Album in your post.

Upload your files in either a .zip or a .rar archive to MF, in multiple parts if the album is over 200mb. The reason for this is that we know MF is safe and efficient and allows multiple downloads. The ads on other sites, such as Sendspace, are known to contain viruses on the page. Get yourself checked out.

Post your link using code tags. It's the # icon above the policeman emoticon. This prevents the links from being traced back to the forums, lowering the chance that the wrong people notice the thread, potentially threatening Jeph with legal action.

Also, please do NOT request albums. This includes requests for re-uploads; if you miss it, try looking for it somewhere else.

Repost the rules at the top of each new page

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #497 on: 13 Mar 2011, 10:00 »

OH SHI
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #498 on: 13 Mar 2011, 11:03 »

I'm pre-ordering this and I really fuckdamming hope I get colored vinyl.

If you do it soon, you will. The way the TRL website works, when colored vinyl sells out they remove mention of it from the release page. Since the page for this still mentions colored vinyl as an option it's still in stock. I'm on the fence after hearing this. I wasn't going to get the vinyl since I can't really spare $30 but it's actually really good so I kinda want it now...

Hollow Press (my blog)

sean

• welp
« Reply #499 on: 13 Mar 2011, 11:56 »

man i preordered it at like, 9am right before class the day the preorder went up. +10 dork points wutup.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Up