THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 02:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Wink Wink 2011 - A bit of a change this year  (Read 662423 times)

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU
Re: Wink Wink 2011 - A bit of a change this year
« Reply #550 on: 23 Mar 2011, 08:05 »

"heart in your heartbreak" and "my terrible friend" are fucking amazing.

That album is so goddamn catchy.

Koremora

• The German Chancellory building
  • Oh, hey.
« Reply #551 on: 23 Mar 2011, 23:37 »

This Will Destroy You - Tunnel Blanket (2011, V2 VBR)

Dense, mysterious, subtle, massive, crushing, awesome shit. Get it inside your ears.

Code: [Select]
http://www.M/F.com/?a0ym5cype0kl34v
Side note: Hand Powdered is supposed to be Powdered Hand. Leak tags are always terrible.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2011, 11:30 by Koremora »
Third time's the charm, like a dog it's breathing.

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #552 on: 24 Mar 2011, 08:12 »

Which rip is that? I think I'm gonna stop listening until I get the actual record. I need to turn all the lights off in my house, light candles, get baked, and listen to it then.

If you guys liked the new TWDY, you should buy it

http://suicidesqueeze.bigcartel.com/product/this-will-destroy-you-tunnel-blanket-2xlp-pre-order
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2011, 13:57 by Vuk »

Koremora

• Oh, hey.
« Reply #553 on: 24 Mar 2011, 14:23 »

You can get it on 180g black vinyl from the link above, and possibly some cassette tapes and such if you're in the first 200 orders (which are likely already gone).

OR for the same price, you can get the Euro pressing on 180g clear vinyl with black streaks, the CD version, and some pins/stickers: http://www.monotremerecords.com/products-page/albums/this-will-destroy-you-tunnel-blanket-vinyl/

I went with option 2.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #554 on: 24 Mar 2011, 14:41 »

The Low Anthem - Smart Flesh

Part 1
http://www.mediafire.com/?n87wyxobwbjap1vPart 2
http://www.mediafire.com/?76twpu43kvn6ezh
(The reason for two downloads is because the files are in FLAC format)
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

yop

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #555 on: 24 Mar 2011, 14:55 »

P. Laoss - Bamboo Mat EP

Limited to 300 hand-numbered copies.
The music on this release, and this goes for both sides, is pure, sweet, affectionate, comfy, warm, fire-side inspired brilliance.

Excellent deep/dub house EP...

http://www.mf.com/?07lod8u9f7s8ldu
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2011, 07:14 by yop »

Daft pun

• Curry sauce
  • hugs not ughs
« Reply #556 on: 24 Mar 2011, 15:42 »

Brave Irene - s/t EP

http://www.mediafire.com/?e2kumordge29o2d
Rose Melberg's latest project, so you can probably guess what this sounds like. Hint: more Tiger Trap than Softies.
All this won't do you any good; you cannot return to the moon!

IrrationalPie

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #557 on: 24 Mar 2011, 19:43 »

This Will Destroy You

Holy crap is that good.

KurtMcAllister

• Himmelschreibende Herzen
« Reply #558 on: 25 Mar 2011, 00:24 »

Mark Fell - UL8/Multistability (Editions Mego, Raster-Noton; 2010)

UL8:
http://www.M/F.com/?fv8sc97psxl141jMultistability:
http://www.M/F.com/?o6lad0766x6x4yo
Quote from: Tiny Mix Tapes
In 1985, conceptual composer and experimental DJ Christian Marclay released one of the earliest documents of glitch music, Record Without a Cover. It was an LP sold without any sleeve and with strict directions not to “store in a protective package.” Even by the time it reached record store shelves, the LP bore signs of the handling of the commercial supply chain, and the composition itself continued to change over the course of the record’s life, developing chance pops and skips as its surface wore. It involved the listener in its compositional process, even if just as a threat to shred their record player’s stylus. Marclay’s release was as much about the medium of the sound as it was about the sounds contained on the record — as Marclay put it, it was “a record about records.” In the same way, the glitch music made by 90s pioneers such as Yasunao Tone, Pan Sonic, and Oval undertook an exploration of the fallibility of digital sound — they made CDs about CDs. Sounds of skipping CDs, glitches, clipping, distortion, quantization noise, and sound card background noise were the raw material for their often heavily cerebral compositions. Glitch was a sort of process music that endeavored to make the process of producing, retrieving, and reproducing digital information audible in the final recording. Recently, glitch musician Mark Fell recorded a series of audio documentaries for Barcelona’s Museum of Contemporary Art entitled “Composing with Process” that explores ways of writing music that takes the composer out of the driver’s seat through the use of fixed systems, algorithms, and random operations. The documentaries present music such as Thomas Brinkmann’s pummeling minimal techno produced from Fibonnaci numbers, Iannis Xenakis’ computer music generated by computerized algorithms, and a 1912 composition by Marcel Duchamp that emerges from chance operations involving numbered balls falling through funnels.

Mark Fell’s process music, both on his own and as half of the glitch duo SND with Matt Steel, has resulted in some of the most austere and challenging electronic music of the past decade. His recent pair of releases, the albums Multistability (on Alva Noto’s Raster-Noton label) and UL8 (on Editions Mego) are quietly engrossing, made of patient, repeating sequences of clicks and tones that overlap, but not in any traditional counterpoint. Instead, each sequence retains its own distinct, unchanging shape, and bumps against the others like Tetris pieces. Both albums have the same rigorous algorithmic construction, but Multistability has a lushness and cohesion that makes it the more inviting of the two. One happy byproduct of the process-approach to music is the discovery of novel compositional forms when the control is taken out of the musician’s hands. When the composer sets up a process that is independent of their control, new logics can arise to organize the track. In an interview with The Wire, Mark Fell talks about attempting to subvert the expected “narrative” of a piece of music — he compares it to attempting to play chess without a board. On Multistability and UL8, musical passages produced by what Fell describes as “extremely basic” pattern-generating systems are manipulated into variations and arrangements that are related to one another but do not repeat. (One of the songs he features in “Composing With Process” is the Manchester duo Autechre’s “Flutter” from 1994, which also experimented with a constantly shifting rhythm as a protest against a national anti-rave measure that prohibited any gatherings where music was played that featured a “succession of repetitive beats.”) To further complicate the simultaneous similarity and difference of the tracks, in Multistability each permutation is developed into a sister composition that takes the original process and develops it into a different direction with different sounds, leaving each unresolved.

Most tracks on Multistability are composed of shifting lances of tone shadowed by dry drum machine sounds. Standout track “10-A/ 11” is the densest and most gripping song on the album and a triumph of digital deconstruction. It streams linear circuits of classic Chicago house piano chords and synthesized handclaps into a digital Mondrian. Its companion track puts the original into a blender, speeding the sounds into chattering splittercore. “4-B” is perhaps the most tastefully composed song, with deep bass drops rounding out Fell’s characteristic tinny drum slaps and stuttering melodies. The sounds on UL8 are, to an even greater degree than on Multistability, flat and highly-synthetic oscillations — it is music of sustained test-tones chopped into stark, inscrutable armatures that twist like a Calder mobile. This is not full music in any sense, but you feel as if you could trace the course of each of the two-dimensional waveforms through stark, empty space. Indeed, much of this music comes from Fell’s sound installations; “Vortex Studies” consists of excerpts of an art installation that synchronized a flashing blue light with variably modulated square waves. This CD is much more demanding of the listener’s attention and reasoning than Multistability, but offers its own pleasures, such as the tantalizingly tinny spazzcore of “The Occultation of 3C 273,” and the final movement to “Acids in the Style of Rian Treanor,” which has the heft and force of a much fuller song.

The stage of the digital era that made glitch music necessary has surely passed. Composer Kim Cascone declared, in “The Aesthetics of Failure: ‘Post-Digital Tendencies in Contemporary Computer Music,” that the ubiquity of digital technology means that “[t]he medium is no longer the message; rather specific tools themselves have become the message.” CDs are retro by this point; we instead manipulate pure digital sound through a variety of programs and platforms. Glitch’s signature micro-editing of digital information is available to anyone who puts their iPod on shuffle. The ubiquity of Auto-Tune might present an example of the current direction of post-glitch experimentation. The overt misuse of that digital pitch-correcting application is a type of process music, in that it highlights its own artificiality, its status as something that was manipulated by human intervention through a digital tool. James Blake’s distorted R&B samples, the chopped-and-screwed vocal sounds of witch house, and the DIY phenomenon of “U Smile 800% Slower” all seek out this intersection of human and process-as-tool. Mark Fell declares that ever since childhood, for him “there was something much more beautiful (and perhaps more emotionally-charged) about a sustained square-wave than any guitar solo.” Traditional beauty and emotionalism is hard to find on either album, but Fell doesn’t hold back on the mysterious final track “Death of a Loved One,” which features a stunningly lyrical glitch lament that really sounds as if it is a singing voice. This is also the only moment on either album that offers no clue as to the process of its composition. Upon repeated listens, it remains as mysterious as death, and yet it communicates just as much as the other tracks, with their exhaustively documented processes, about our relationship to the technologies through which we know ourselves.

Colin Stetson - New History Warfare Pt. 2: Judges (Constellation; 2011)

http://www.M/F.com/?68drk90cn4vnodw
Quote from: P4K
Once in a while, I can convince myself that it's impossible to say anything truly new in music. There has been so much music made and documented in the last 50 years, my thinking goes, that the best we can hope for is an artful re-combination of elements of the past (which seems like more than enough, most of the time). But then I'll come across a new record that sounds like nothing else I've heard: I can't quite place it, but its appeal feels so organic and easy to understand, I don't really feel a need to place it, either. Such is the case with the second solo album from Michigan-born, Montreal-based saxophonist Colin Stetson, New History Warfare Vol. 2: Judges.

A few things about this record make it highly unusual. First, Stetson generally records his pieces solo, live, and in a single take. Some of these tracks have so much sound, so many cross-crossing and overlapping elements, it simply doesn't seem possible that one musician is making them in real time. "Judges" has clattering percussion, a menacing bassline, and a growling lead element that sounds like an anguished voice processed in a strange way. Well, the percussion turns out to be a close-mic'd recording of the instruments' keys being manipulated, the low-end comes from the fact that Stetson plays the enormous bass saxophone and has a good sense of how to underpin a tune with a deep pulse, and the lead voice is indeed his voice-- Stetson vocalizing through the horn as he blows. That all of these things come together at once in a piece that is compelling and highly musical is nothing short of miraculous. The key to Stetson's approach is that he uses an array of microphones placed in strategic places-- on the horn, on his neck, on the other side of the room-- and then mixes everything down into a churning cauldron of sound (engineer Efrim Menuck from Godspeed/A Silver Mt Zion and producer Shahzad Ismaily had their work cut out for them, and they succeed brilliantly; Ben Frost is equally great on the mix). Stetson has also mastered the technique of circular breathing-- playing continuously with his mouth while breathing through his nose-- so that the sound can unspool unencumbered by his body's need for respiration.

The record does bring certain reference points to mind. When Stetson really gets the circular breathing going and unleashes a torrent of notes the climb up and down the scale, fans of free improv might think of solo material by players like Peter Brotzmann and Evan Parker, whose mind-boggling technique is put at the service of in-the-moment expression. But Warfare Vol. 2 doesn't sound much like improv or even jazz, despite our associations of the genre term with the solo horn. These pieces sound composed and carefully ordered, often closer to the precision of classical minimalism than the expressionism of fire jazz. And compared to someone like saxophonist/composer/bandleader Anthony Braxton, with whom Stetson has worked (if you are a virtuoso on bass sax, you're going to wind up working with Braxton, who greatly expanded the context for unusual reeds in jazz), Warfare feels less cerebral, almost like a "pop" version of some of those heady compositions.

So there's no prior experience needed here. You can dive in and immerse yourself in the swirl of musical color that is "From No Part of Me Could I Summon a Voice", in which Stetson's blast of notes, many per second, are recorded as though from across a vast stone space, each one vanishing into the air in a cloud of natural reverberation. Or marvel at the way Stetson makes a track like "Red Horse (Judges II)" sound almost as if it had a breakbeat, the slap of the keys on the instrument so pronounced in the mix you focus on the rhythm first and the texture of the air coming through the horn later.

Reinforcing the music's connection to both minimalism and pop, several tracks here feature the vocals of Laurie Anderson, whose approach is a natural fit with this material. "A Dream of Water" features her clear and hypnotic voice articulating memorable imagery ("There were those who lived in the crawlspace/ There were people lighting candles") over a grinding and relentless arpeggiated figure from Stetson. "All the Colors Bleached to White (ILAIJ II)" begins with Anderson's vocal and a swelling chorus of voices and then shifts gears to a hard, noir-ish stomp whose deep tones can easily shake an entire room. Shara Worden from My Brightest Diamond joins the proceedings on a powerful and affecting cover of Blind Willie Johnson's "Lord I Just Can't Keep From Crying Sometimes", a mutant, arted-up blues that reminds me of the overlooked album of Ekkehard Ehlers, A Life Without Fear, the way it abstracts a folk idiom and boils it down to a central emotional idea.

Like the rest of the record (and Vol. 1 is also excellent, if not quite as varied or powerful), "Lord I Just Can't Keep From Crying Sometimes" feels like music I've been subconsciously craving without even knowing it exists. And though New Warfare Vol. 2 is easy to enjoy on a purely musical level, as sound, without bothering about the underlying ideas or any notions of how it's made, it's also a gratifying reminder that horizons of musical expression are so much more vast than prevailing trends would indicate.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #559 on: 25 Mar 2011, 00:59 »

Kind of surprised it took them the ~5 months it did to review Multistability. It's like a more elegant mid-period Autechre album, abstract and delicately marvelous in equal measure.

Anyway, it's the end of the month and that apparently means that instrumental grime label Butterz is releasing more free stuff. Terror Danjah, S-X, SRC and TRC, the gang's all here. Check it out.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KurtMcAllister

« Reply #560 on: 25 Mar 2011, 01:37 »

Kind of surprised it took them the ~5 months it did to review Multistability. It's like a more elegant mid-period Autechre album, abstract and delicately marvelous in equal measure.

I have tried many, many times and I just cannot get into Autechre. Based on the other electronic music I listen to, I should probably like them, but there's just something about it that I can't get behind. I keep trying to find that one release that will make it all fall into place and suddenly open my eyes to their brilliance but it's not there. :|

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #561 on: 25 Mar 2011, 01:44 »

I put up a primer a thousand years ago. I would point you towards Amber, Tri Repetae or Oversteps. Confield seems to be their best-regarded hardcore glitch record.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pinkpiche

« Reply #562 on: 25 Mar 2011, 03:03 »

The Weeknd - House of Balloons

http://www.mediafire.com/?6kx66pin8p3378o
"Yeah, they're always biting my shit you know how that goes"

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #563 on: 25 Mar 2011, 06:12 »

Yes, yes it is.

edit: Bonus upload as well as snarky comment! Here's Ramadanman's EP.

Quote from: boomkat
Ramadanman!
http://www.M/F.com/?3f8fuvjgi3mfvyp
This is probably the single most boring album I've heard this year. I do not get it.

Enjoying new Boris, this Liars album seems interesting. Also, trying to get into that Pearsons set. It's... ok.
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

TheClickOfALight

• The Click Of A Light
« Reply #564 on: 25 Mar 2011, 07:48 »

I have tried many, many times and I just cannot get into Autechre. Based on the other electronic music I listen to, I should probably like them, but there's just something it that I can't get behind. I keep trying to find that one release that will make it all fall into place and suddenly open my eyes to their brilliance but it's not there. :|
Same here - I bloody love electronic music but with Autechre I'm just all like :?

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #565 on: 25 Mar 2011, 11:12 »

I put up a primer a thousand years ago. I would point you towards Amber, Tri Repetae or Oversteps. Confield seems to be their best-regarded hardcore glitch record.
I would go for Move Of Ten

Mein Tumblr

amok

• Duck attack survivor
  • low AI ketamine android
« Reply #566 on: 25 Mar 2011, 12:27 »

http://www.M/F.com/?4cvgfaa16gf8pl4
The Proff/A42 tune is sweet.

ThePianoMan

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #567 on: 25 Mar 2011, 14:25 »

I don't know if I'd start with Oversteps, but Amber and Tri Repetae are fantastic. I have a fondness for Untilted, but critical consensus of it seems pretty lukewarm. Helluva lot better than Venetian Snares and such, I'd say.

yop

« Reply #568 on: 25 Mar 2011, 15:47 »

Dark Sky - Promiscuous Gyal (Dark Sky Remix)

Dark Sky turn a modern pop soul classic inside-out on a 1-sided session for Erca. Last year it was Brandy and Erykah abused by Fantastic Mr Fox and Pariah, this time Nelly Furtado is flipped by Dark Sky with and abundance of tricky triplet programming and screwed vocals lashed to massive, undulating subs.

http://www.mf.com/?6uvy61d8qu02j9l

Boddika - You Tell Me / Breezin

Supremely dynamic, Technoid futurism from the studio of Boddika aka Instra:mental's Alex Green. Boddika is the name he uses to exercise those areas of his production palette which are possibly too freaky for his better known alias, so here we get the dazzling architecture of 'You Tell Me' with its highly individual torsion and detuned lead riff, while 'Breez'in' jams on a fruity House tip, albeit a fruity flavour spiked with genetically modified enzymes and programmed two steps ahead of anyone else you'd care to mention. This label is hard ON IT at the moment!

http://www.mf.com/?lposb1d1uc1dc58

2562 - Aquatic Family Affair

*300 COPIES FOR THE WORLD* Dave Huismans (AMUS/2562) launches the highly promising When In Doubt label with two idiosyncratic Bass killers pressed on sky blue vinyl. Its his first official 2562 drop since the low key Blackout 12" in early 2010, further refining his inimitable grid patterns with smudged and heavily swung syncopations. 'Aquatic Family Affair' is the more reserved side, occurring somewhere between Broken Beat chord progressions, cantering swing rhythms and a brooding subbass depth charge. Meanwhile, the rhythmic relief of 'This Is Hardcore' slides between the hard digital drums of Raster Noton's Kangding Ray and the organic shuffle of Theo Parrish, all twysted with that deft 2562 signature. Deep, rugged and rude.

http://www.mf.com/?dw62i82rr9568kp

Icicle - Breathing Again / Redemption

Icicle's darkside aesthetic melts a little on two vocal dubstep tracks featuring Robert Owens and Proxima. With a blazing holler from Proxima, 'Breathing Again' finds a canny balance of dread heft and molten street soul on a halfstep tip, while 'Redemption' places legendary House vocalist, Owens over an uptempo roller akin to something from Von D or Skream.

http://www.mf.com/?91t04c0fwi011y2

Unknown - Miss Fatty (D&B RMX)

OIOI! Love goes back to its roots with an ESSENTIAL rework of M.S's Miss Fatty.. This one is soaked in some of lushest jungle youll ever set your ears on. A lot of people have tried to rework this mighty classic but this is THE version no mistaking it.. So when you see some Fatty Fatty women on the floor roll it out and pull it up ASAP. This one will be demanding rewinds in a matter of seconds. So make sure this one is in your arsenal if your bound for some festival spots!

http://www.mf.com/?l568uw1wcklce7l
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2011, 04:31 by yop »

clockwatcher

• Not quite a lurker
  • I'll make monkeys of those monkeys
« Reply #569 on: 25 Mar 2011, 15:49 »

Amber and Tri Repetae indeed.

but better than venetian snares? just different. much less human. more cerebral in a lot of cases far too cerebral.

anyway

NEW BURIAL EP

you heard me.

no sleeve - no review yet

let's just say he ain't felt the need to reinvent the wheel
3 tunes - it's what he does. done well

http://www.M/F.com/?9tmky0279djy3qy

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #570 on: 25 Mar 2011, 21:27 »

A-1 - After School Special

http://a-1music.bandcamp.com/album/after-school-special
As established, hip-hop is not my biggest point of musical knowledge. While I am one of those whiteboys that loves Wu-Tang, and I have in fact met and conversed with Chuck D, I’m just not as up on the genre or its history as I should be. That said, I do occasionally browse around for stuff and have been stoked on a Milkcrate Breaks comp lately.

But I digress. A while back, this free tape popped up on Tumblr. The concept sold me immediately: A-1 pulls the classic “5 more minutes” routine, then gets to play hooky and watch all the best Nickelodeon and other kids shows if you were that age in the early/mid-90s.  Through this conceptual lens, he flows fluidly about growing up, youth, and relationships over the album’s nine songs. “All That!” of course sees A-1 rapping over a beat taken from that show’s theme song, and damn if it don’t sound pleasantly familiar after something like 15 years off the air.  “Black Ranger” is more a speed trial, but is still plenty entertaining as that wimpy guitar and corny synth of our favorite stolen Japanese superheroes rev up behind A-1’s voice.  The songs are short enough that the simple “take a TV show theme, rap over it and draw parallels to my own life” doesn’t get aggravatingly repetitive.

Throughout After School Special, A-1 is vibrant , humorous and most definitely not trying the tuff routine.  This isn’t the next Flockaveli by any means, but it’s a fun (and maybe slightly nostalgic, depending on how much Nick you watched as youngin’) bunch of tunes.

Mein Tumblr

Algernon

• dangerously bipedal
« Reply #571 on: 25 Mar 2011, 23:18 »

tUnE-yArDs - w h o k i l l (2011)

Bizness
Powa

http://www.mediafire.com/?as6iwt9z0o18so4

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #572 on: 26 Mar 2011, 09:05 »

P.S. Eliot - Living in Squalor 7"

http://www.mediafire.com/?99ltj5pefo7h1lx
The vinyl pressings of this just ran out so the band put it up as a free download. If you want, you can use paypal to send them donations through here

Mein Tumblr

TheClickOfALight

• The Click Of A Light
« Reply #573 on: 26 Mar 2011, 11:54 »

Fucked Up - Couple Tracks (2010)

Epic comp featuring songs from 2002-2009.

http://www.M/F.com/?wwdtenzl2jr

alli

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #574 on: 27 Mar 2011, 20:57 »

Jamie Woon - Mirrorwriting

http://www.mediafire.com/?5an47ygp2xij3ychttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL0pTo9Z_XU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvsfGhEqnXE&feature=relmfu

gospel

• the word
« Reply #575 on: 28 Mar 2011, 00:48 »

Will Sheff covers Charles Bissell (and vise versa)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ztt5jlnmreu
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #576 on: 28 Mar 2011, 09:04 »

Okay. Awesome.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

KurtMcAllister

« Reply #577 on: 28 Mar 2011, 14:26 »

As stated previously, Parenthetical Girls are releasing their next album, Privilege, as a series of five EPs. I and II are available here. This is Privilege, No. III: Mend And Make Do.

http://www.M/F.com/?u9ku20iyp9a4ibn

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #578 on: 28 Mar 2011, 14:58 »

Song, by Toad Records Sampler 2011

song, by toad

Some things brewing in Scotland, there's some excellent stuff here, and it's free!
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #579 on: 28 Mar 2011, 20:01 »

Okay. Awesome.
I know right? I can't stop listening to Family Matters.

Mein Tumblr

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #580 on: 29 Mar 2011, 05:39 »

Privilege, No. III: Mend And Make Do.

YES
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Weepie McGee

• Not quite a lurker
  • orale, zombers!
« Reply #581 on: 29 Mar 2011, 06:30 »

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

[img width= height=]http://blahblahblahscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/helplessness.jpg[/img]

The first track has a little hiccup towards the end, but other than that...here it is!

http://www.M/F.com/?8z2o8vtvucck1l8
i will kick your fucking ass, you rancid sack of pig shit

Algernon

• dangerously bipedal
« Reply #582 on: 29 Mar 2011, 10:24 »

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues (2011)

http://www.mediafire.com/?2h0vxz53x3mf6in
The first song should be working right on this version.

Koremora

• Oh, hey.
« Reply #583 on: 29 Mar 2011, 11:15 »

THANK YOU

Algernon

• dangerously bipedal
« Reply #584 on: 29 Mar 2011, 15:11 »

TV On The Radio - Nine Types of Light (2011)

http://www.mediafire.com/?mv2vbn6r5uirt3a
HOLY SHIT

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #585 on: 29 Mar 2011, 16:01 »

shit's getting serious, y'all.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #586 on: 29 Mar 2011, 16:32 »

Alright, here's to hoping for some ratios.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Koremora

• Oh, hey.
« Reply #587 on: 29 Mar 2011, 17:35 »

BEST MUSIC DAY EVERRR

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #588 on: 29 Mar 2011, 18:45 »

Gridlink - Orphan (2011)

http://www.M/F.com/?k1z565gefgpqe8c
Amazing grindcore with members of Discordance Axis, Hayaino Dausuki, and the Kill the Client/Phobia drummer who is insane.
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2011, 20:24 by Vuk »

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #589 on: 29 Mar 2011, 20:12 »

Timber Timbre - Creep On Creepin' On [2011]

http://www.M/F.com/?873x728n13yop07
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #590 on: 29 Mar 2011, 20:23 »

Young Widows - In And Out of Youth and Lightness (2011)

http://www.mediafire.com/?xpcfiii1ezww5eo

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #591 on: 29 Mar 2011, 20:26 »

hdagfahgafghagvf young widows ohmygosh

Mein Tumblr

ellis

• Plantmonster
« Reply #592 on: 29 Mar 2011, 20:47 »

New Young Widows, new Timber Timbre, New TV On The Radio and new Fleet Foxes all in one day?

shit.

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #593 on: 29 Mar 2011, 21:33 »

Fleet Foxes leaked before, but it was the shitty rip.

imagist42

• more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #594 on: 29 Mar 2011, 21:40 »

Also, there's a new, higher quality rip of Low's C'mon going around.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #595 on: 30 Mar 2011, 05:56 »

So I'll be mildly bored in higher quality, yay.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #596 on: 30 Mar 2011, 06:25 »

Rules:

The first rule of this thread is you do not mention MF.  I am doing this because we are currently the first hit for the full version of "MF thread" on Google, so y'know, that's bad n' shit.

No hot-linking images or albums. You can re-host images at http://imageshack.us.

Ensure your tags are correct and that you have specified both Artist/Album in your post.

Upload your files in either a .zip or a .rar archive to MF, in multiple parts if the album is over 200mb. The reason for this is that we know MF is safe and efficient and allows multiple downloads. The ads on other sites, such as Sendspace, are known to contain viruses on the page. Get yourself checked out.

Post your link using code tags. It's the # icon above the policeman emoticon. This prevents the links from being traced back to the forums, lowering the chance that the wrong people notice the thread, potentially threatening Jeph with legal action.

Also, please do NOT request albums. This includes requests for re-uploads; if you miss it, try looking for it somewhere else.

Repost the rules at the top of each new page
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #597 on: 30 Mar 2011, 08:02 »

The Appleseed Cast - Middle States (2011)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8vkrvqs9ojjruaj

imagist42

• more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #598 on: 30 Mar 2011, 09:35 »

So I'll be mildly bored in higher quality, yay.

Hey, it's no American Analog Set.
     /
 :mrgreen:
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #599 on: 30 Mar 2011, 09:48 »

Yo, hol' up.

I downloaded this when it was first posted here, and gave it TWO good, hard listens. The only Low I think I'll ever really, entirely enjoy is their Christmas album.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23   Go Up