THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 01:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New, but not a rookie!  (Read 2406 times)

La Masquerade

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
New, but not a rookie!
« on: 12 Jan 2011, 20:22 »

Hello everyone! My name is Cassie, and I've been reading QC for a couple of years now. I've lurked every now and then, reading a few threads here and there, and decided it was time to join up :-D
I say I'm not a rookie because while I am new to this forum, I have been a member of another forum for over 4 years and have joined several other forums since then. However, looking at the rules, it seems newbies are really expected to take it easy for a while (I've never seen a site recommend newbies limit their posting, how odd!) so I'm going to respect that and not wear out my welcome. Or at least I'll try to avoid doing so as best I can.

To be honest, most of the time with forums that are specific in topic I lose interest fast, but Questionable Content is updated so often and there are new things to talk about every week I may just stick around, get to know some people.

Erm yeah that's pretty much all I have to say, so.. Bonjour, have a nice day folks, sorry for being so long-winded.

Olymander

• Larger than most fish
Re: New, but not a rookie!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2011, 00:38 »

The suggestion to limit your posting for a bit is largely solved by what you've already done, i.e. lurk for a while.  The whole issue is that this forum, being a fairly narrow one, has a unique feel and flow to it, and a newcomer that just barges in and starts posting things wildly has a tendency to disrupt that.  Think of it as, oh, a class or team that's been together for a few years, and then suddenly acquires a new member.  If said new member just willy-nilly starts acting like a big shot and trampling on everyone's toes, I'm sure you can see what would happen.  This is not to say that you would necessarily be like this, mind, it's just a general warning sort of thing.

And now that I've possibly totally scared you, I would still like to welcome you.  :)

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2011, 01:09 »

Also, the forums have more than just stuff about QC! The upper section of the boards are fairly QC-oriented, but the lower boards, like the "awkward self-aware makeout zone" (I refer to it as I Like Fish, which is one of its previous monikers) and Discuss don't talk about the comic at all, so there should be plenty to keep you entertained (or not, whatever floats your boat).

So yeah, come join the fun down with the cool kids!
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

La Masquerade

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2011, 20:51 »

Thanks for the welcome :) Yeah, I understand that, I notice this place isn't overflowing with nonsense posts but rather interesting discussions (in most cases haha) and of course it would be ideal to keep it that way. I suppose I'm just used to a different set of ideas, on another forum I post in newbies will sometimes come in and take over posting crap occasionally and I'm used to it. Here it's much like that forum used to be, several years ago, and I like it, it's simply unusual to me now.

I did see the other forums below but ran off lol! Still in the process of getting used to this forum and jumping into random conversations with people I don't know is a scary concept.
Pages: [1]   Go Up