THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 15:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Trish Keenan  (Read 4385 times)

Lexington, 125

• Larger than most fish
RIP Trish Keenan
« on: 15 Jan 2011, 09:17 »

Lead singer of Broadcast passed away this morning from complications of pneumonia.   Always have been a fan, The Noise Made By People was fantastic. 
If I am good I could add years to my life, I would rather add some life to my years...

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
Re: RIP Trish Keenan
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2011, 12:34 »

I hope more people pick up a Broadcast record

I am doing this and it is really annoying to find out how great a band is right when they cease being a viable unit. Hey universe, what the hell? Why couldn't you throw this group my way when they were all still alive?  And yikes, she was only 47.

Well. She won't be forgotten.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
Re: RIP Trish Keenan
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2011, 07:21 »

You can listen to a really cool mix Trish made for a friend here.

In the description he expresses some regret that he never got to thank her for making the mix for him. In a way, I sort of feel the same. Not about the mix, but about all of the awesome music I have continued to discover as a result of listening to Haha Sound on a whim when I was younger. Just last week I finally got around to listening to The United States of America and it was really exciting, easily the best thirty odd minutes I have spent with a record in awhile. It is good to still be excited about discovering music and I feel like that is how Broadcast have always approached making records.

Thanks, Trish.
Pages: [1]   Go Up