THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 06:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macro photo isn't a photo  (Read 4838 times)

Kevin.oc

• Not quite a lurker
Macro photo isn't a photo
« on: 26 Jan 2011, 21:25 »

I was told my macro photographs where not macro photos today on deviant art.  I was submitting my latest piece to a macro group and I was turned down because they thought it was digital art.  I don't know if I should be upset or happy lol.  I think it's a good thing because I am trying to abstract photography in to the imaginary (that phrase had no art fluff all over it  :roll:.)

http://oconnellfineglass.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d37zbms

What does this look like too you?  Digital art or a photograph?

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
Re: Macro photo isn't a photo
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2011, 02:59 »

if you hadn't said that they were photos, then yes, i would have assumed they were abstract digital paintings.

the thing is that you are in so close that there is no hint of what the whole object is, and because the material is rather exotic (at least to me) there is no recognition as a real world material.

if you had done the same with polished wood for example i would have recognized it as such immediately. it would also have been much less interesting.

nicely done.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2011, 15:01 »

Jens, was it an accident that the first link leads to http://hitler?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2011, 16:53 »

If someone (or you, even) messed with your post there would be a note, and ben said there isn't a word filter (and a word filter that covered an entire URL would be kinda silly anyway). Not sure what was going on with it.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE
Pages: [1]   Go Up