THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yes, it's finally here: the MOMENT OF THE WEEK!

Finally startin' to check out other girls, huh?
- 0 (0%)
Well I mean it's been WEEKS, I AM a single dude... now..
- 0 (0%)
SLAP! (I'm out of practice!)
- 4 (4.5%)
Don't tell me you're still hung up on Dora.
- 0 (0%)
WE ARE BROS, MAN! WE! ARE! BROS!
- 8 (9%)
UMASS Guys! "BROS! BROS! BROS! BROS!"
- 14 (15.7%)
I know it's over, I just... still miss her, y'know?
- 1 (1.1%)
The other night, Cosette...
- 15 (16.9%)
Good talk, bro.
- 9 (10.1%)
Who's that waving? Why, it's PADMA!
- 6 (6.7%)
My baby bird's finally left the nest!
- 3 (3.4%)
I wouldn't wipe my eyes with that towel...
- 2 (2.2%)
Mister coffee-and-a-danish
- 1 (1.1%)
Padma, Renee and Elliot.
- 0 (0%)
So... So...
- 2 (2.2%)
Who's your cute friend over at the bar?
- 15 (16.9%)
Elliot's look of sheer HORROR
- 9 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 14-18 February 2011 (1861-1865)  (Read 108080 times)

daryljfontaine

• Larger than most fish
Re: WCDT 14-18 February 2011 (1861-1865)
« Reply #350 on: 18 Feb 2011, 08:25 »

Monday's strip: "...because Renee was asking."

Followed by the collective whiplash of thousands of QC fans.

Facial expressions on Elliott suggest the Padma Unrequited theories have merit; this is why my speculation is meaningless.   :-D

D
It takes a village to raise a child.  It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #351 on: 18 Feb 2011, 08:27 »

Oh yes, they were talking about Padma before.  Here's my bet that his friend's name is "George."

Padma in personality isn't a whole lot like Dora, though.  I can't see Dora doing the whole Scott Pilgrim thing.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.
« Reply #352 on: 18 Feb 2011, 08:31 »

Actually, based on her facial expression, Padma could have been doing it just to see Marten's look of "oh my God really ;_;", too. So I mean, 'tis not a lost cause over here.

Except for Elliot HAHAHAHA

*cough* Anyway I hope Steve has put that goddamn towel down I do not want him to get an eye infection.  :psyduck:
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #353 on: 18 Feb 2011, 08:39 »

I bet scarboy's name will be Thomas Sterns, or something to that effect.

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #354 on: 18 Feb 2011, 08:42 »

I bet scarboy's name will be Thomas Sterns, or something to that effect.

His name will be Richard Palmer, to the unending chagrin of all readers.

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #355 on: 18 Feb 2011, 08:44 »

Odin, I love you.
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #356 on: 18 Feb 2011, 10:10 »

Elliott might have more of a shot though if he straightened up a bit and put his shoulders back - makes you look much more confident and can help you feel more confident as well.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

ZERO

• Plantmonster
« Reply #357 on: 18 Feb 2011, 10:53 »

At this point, Peter Parker has better luck.

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #358 on: 18 Feb 2011, 11:19 »

At this point, Peter Parker is like Brad Pitt in comparison.

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #359 on: 18 Feb 2011, 11:24 »

Someone needs to do a photoshop of that last panel.   Either Marten talking in Elder-Horror Speak or firing LASER BEAMS OUT OF HIS EYES.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #360 on: 18 Feb 2011, 11:50 »

aw man, this comic made me feel hell of sorry for Marten and Elliott

congratulations, Jeph

you made me feel sad

[/roastbeef]
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Black Sword

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #361 on: 18 Feb 2011, 11:51 »

I remember someone calling for a Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Characters yesterday.

This strip has turned me from a skeptic of such a society to a full blown supporter. What the hell, man. I'd be perfectly happy not to see Marten for the next six months or so, so we can see other characters who are not being so religiously screwed over by their creator. There's funny, and then there's just pure unnecessary cruelty. Cut him some kind of break already.

Sigh. Please give Marten his bottle of bourbon and pop him back in storage for a month?

...the fact that literally the first time he pays attention to a pretty lady she happens to be more interested in his buddy is hardly "unnecessary cruelty". Besides which, if Steve isn't a complete asshole (which he has so far proven not to be) this may yet turn out okay for our dear protagonist!

Cause Steve is already with Cosette and breaking her heart will earn him the same sort of punishment Sven got for the Fayetastrophe, I should hope...and Marten is Steve's BEST BRO, so perhaps he can put in some deliriously sicknasty good words for his bromo sapien.

And even if Padma doesn't work out, NoHo's a big town and a lot of the ladies so far think Marty's skinny ass is hot stuff. This is actually, to my knowledge, the first time we've seen Steve's classical hunk charms preferred by a girl.

It's more a matter of "how much of a butt monkey do you have to be before your creator gives you a break." I feel like Marten's had it lousy enough already so should get a little slack. Not even relationship slack, just something nice happening to him. He finds a severely damaged Les Paul he restores to perfect health! His blog goes from 5 hits a month to 1000 hits a month! He beats Hannelore at Scrabble!

...ok, beating Hannelore at Scrabble is more like a Legendary Mode achievement, but you get the idea.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #362 on: 18 Feb 2011, 12:39 »

Jimbo the Wingman FTW! The only downside with Jimbo would be that the kind of watering holes they would visit might not be the best places for Marten to meet the Lady of his dreams.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #363 on: 18 Feb 2011, 13:16 »

So why is Padma calling Marten over?

She thinks he's cute.    - 25 (21.4%)
She needs rescuing from Renee's whining.    - 5 (4.3%)
She needs rescuing from Elliot's moping.    - 2 (1.7%)
She's gonna try to set him up with Renee.    - 3 (2.6%)
She's going to try to set him up with Elliot!    - 7 (6%)
She just wanted to say hi.    - 28 (23.9%)
She wants the phone number of his friend.    - 23 (19.7%) <--- Winnah winnah chicken dinnah!

To ask him if she knows this "Marigold" Elliot is pining for.    - 9 (7.7%)
"You work with my sister, don't you?"    - 4 (3.4%)
She wants WAFFLES, dangit.    - 11 (9.4%)

Total Voters: 117
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

cabbagehut

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #364 on: 18 Feb 2011, 13:20 »

...the fact that literally the first time he pays attention to a pretty lady she happens to be more interested in his buddy is hardly "unnecessary cruelty". Besides which, if Steve isn't a complete asshole (which he has so far proven not to be) this may yet turn out okay for our dear protagonist!

Cause Steve is already with Cosette and breaking her heart will earn him the same sort of punishment Sven got for the Fayetastrophe, I should hope...and Marten is Steve's BEST BRO, so perhaps he can put in some deliriously sicknasty good words for his bromo sapien.

And even if Padma doesn't work out, NoHo's a big town and a lot of the ladies so far think Marty's skinny ass is hot stuff. This is actually, to my knowledge, the first time we've seen Steve's classical hunk charms preferred by a girl.

I sort of agree.  I mean, as far as we know, it's been a few weeks.  Lots of good stuff could have happened in the intervening time.  I guess I don't really see Marten as a Butt Monkey.  Most of the stuff that happens to him is pretty average stuff, but of course it's exaggerated a little for the sake of comedy and interest.  People break up, lose their jobs, get rejected, etc.  I mean, Marigold just got rejected a while back by Angus, and that was a lot more painful.  Penny got rejected by Will.  Sven got rejected by Faye.  There's tons of examples of rejection, oh my!  And while Marten got the big rejection from Dora, that doesn't mean his life is going to go perfectly to make up for it, you know?  Bad things tend to happen together, at least in my experience.

Padma wasn't mean about accidentally rejecting Marten.  She clearly doesn't dislike him, and one can never have too many friends.  I think that while it's sort of a brick-to-the-face moment, it'll pass pretty quickly.  Marten's good at bouncing back and realizing that just because someone's not interested in him doesn't mean they are shitty people, so I think he'll be fine.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #365 on: 18 Feb 2011, 13:36 »

This is actually, to my knowledge, the first time we've seen Steve's classical hunk charms preferred by a girl.

The way Cosette yanked Steve's pick out of Marten's hand says you're wrong. 

Can't dig up the strip, though - I'm at work.  Will try to edit later if one of the other archive masters doesn't beat me to it! 

Just another Joe like 46

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #366 on: 18 Feb 2011, 13:52 »

...Penny got rejected by Will...

Did I miss something?  He went on a vision quest, and wrote her every day - I don't think that was rejection! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #367 on: 18 Feb 2011, 13:55 »

Penny got rejected by Steve,  who was oblivious that day...
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2011, 14:03 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #368 on: 18 Feb 2011, 14:31 »

Actually, wait, I am imagining that Marten will come close to trying to flirt with her, maybe even make some progress due to Steve. But then depressed hunched guy finally screws up his own courage, asks Padma out, she accepts and then Marten is left alone, he makes an annoyed comment, then the secret Bakery version of Faye makes a cutting cruel comment and kicks him. Steve then suggests that Marten try looking online, either that or Marten meets his own Tyler Durden.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #370 on: 18 Feb 2011, 17:13 »

It would have been cool if Elliot did have a crush on Marigold. Angus went there so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that Marigold has also been there. It'd be nice for someone to be interested in Marigold in that way. On the other hand, it might take her time away from this whole beloved enemy thing she has going with Dale.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #371 on: 18 Feb 2011, 19:04 »

Would be a nice mindscrew by Jeph on his readers, but like I said, I don't think he's gonna be that nice to Marten. I think we'll see Dora dating again before Marten, and of course, it won't be Marten she's dating.
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #372 on: 18 Feb 2011, 19:37 »

Yes, that sounds right.

On the other hand, Dora was single for a long time before meeting Marten. Does anyone else remember a strip where she talks about that?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #373 on: 18 Feb 2011, 19:47 »

a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Somnus Eternus

• Furry furrier
  • IT'S DEFINITELY LUPUS.
« Reply #374 on: 18 Feb 2011, 20:00 »

(snip) ...either that or Marten meets his own Tyler Durden.

Please.  Please please please please please.

I seriously cannot think of a single better thing.

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #375 on: 18 Feb 2011, 21:01 »

Actually, wait, I am imagining that Marten will come close to trying to flirt with her, maybe even make some progress due to Steve. But then depressed hunched guy finally screws up his own courage, asks Padma out, she accepts and then Marten is left alone, he makes an annoyed comment, then the secret Bakery version of Faye makes a cutting cruel comment and kicks him. Steve then suggests that Marten try looking online, either that or Marten meets his own Tyler Durden.

Elliot over there has clearly been agonizing about and being awkward around Padma for some time now, also he actually all up and SAID that extra pathetic line about ruining their friendship. In other words, if she picks his sad-sack ass over Marten, I will do an acrobatic fucking pirouette off the handle, to quote Dave Strider.
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #376 on: 18 Feb 2011, 21:49 »

Would be a nice mindscrew by Jeph on his readers, but like I said, I don't think he's gonna be that nice to Marten. I think we'll see Dora dating again before Marten, and of course, it won't be Marten she's dating.

Oh man, I would be so happy.  I have developed this irrational desire for things to start working out for Marten.  I think I'm projecting onto him; is that healthy?
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #377 on: 18 Feb 2011, 22:00 »

Oh for god's sake, nothing really bad has happened to Marten. I think a lot of you are projecting/identifying with him wayyyy too much and want his life to go swimmingly for your own fantasy identification.

He and his girlfriend broke up. Not even out of nowhere, and for perfectly legit reasons. It sucks, but it happens.

Then he was sad and moped about. Because, you know, it logically follows, since that's what all people who break up do. He got too drunk and got punched out by Faye but didn't even remember it. Honestly that's a lot better than what happened to me in the bad place after my last breakup. Or to others. One girl I knew drank too much, and when she unexpectedly saw her ex at a party, ran out sobbing into the middle of Massachusetts snow barefoot and sans overcoat and still holding her beer bottle; tripped, cut herself up, and had to go get stitches at a hospital. So, y'know, there's worse.

Then his mom came and embarrassed him a little in her efforts to lighten his mood. Oh no! That is surely a fate worse than death that no one else ever suffers.

Then he continued hanging out with his friends and living life, and then he met a girl he's attracted to but couldn't yet have any sort of serious feelings for, and when he came up to flirt with her at a bar, she wasn't instantly into him.

Seriously, that's all it takes for you to cry "Butt Monkey" and "Character Cruelty"? Really? You guys should read some Funky Winterbean.  :laugh:

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #378 on: 18 Feb 2011, 22:04 »

Being able to identify with fictional characters is a sign that you're dealing with a good storyteller.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #379 on: 18 Feb 2011, 22:38 »

JackFaerie, you are awesome, because that minus the anecdote about the lady meeting her ex is basically my thoughts exactly. I mean, seriously, it was not that long ago that he was able to grin confidently and enjoy his relationship whilst Steve wallowed in the misery of Meena running off with Dave. He's not the butt monkey, he's just having a run of bad luck exaggerated for humor.

Identifying with Marty is all well and good, but projecting is not so good, and we could do with less of it.

And oh God  not THE COMIC OF DESPAIR. If we were in that universe Dora would even now be dying of cancer while both Marten and Steve succumbed to alcoholism and someone else I don't know got bullied or foreclosed on or a car crash or drugs.
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2011, 22:40 by Dr. ROFLPWN »
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

cabbagehut

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #380 on: 18 Feb 2011, 22:49 »

...Penny got rejected by Will...

Did I miss something?  He went on a vision quest, and wrote her every day - I don't think that was rejection! 

WHOOPS I MEANT STEVE.  Sorry!

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #381 on: 18 Feb 2011, 23:18 »

JackFaerie, you are awesome, because that minus the anecdote about the lady meeting her ex is basically my thoughts exactly. I mean, seriously, it was not that long ago that he was able to grin confidently and enjoy his relationship whilst Steve wallowed in the misery of Meena running off with Dave. He's not the butt monkey, he's just having a run of bad luck exaggerated for humor.

Identifying with Marty is all well and good, but projecting is not so good, and we could do with less of it.

Yeah you're probably right. Steve and Marten's positions have indeed switched, and could switch back by this time next year. It's just Marty's turn to be the one who's been dumped. But it's a mark of Jeph's storytelling that many of us, (especially the guys, I suspect) identify all too well with Marty's girl troubles-we've all had our share, some more than others. Many have been where Marten is as of Friday's comic. And we hated that place.

And oh God  not THE COMIC OF DESPAIR. If we were in that universe Dora would even now be dying of cancer while both Marten and Steve succumbed to alcoholism and someone else I don't know got bullied or foreclosed on or a car crash or drugs.

Damn Funky Winterbean's THAT bad? Good thing I never got into it then. Still, it's been a popular syndicated comic for what, decades now? That, and the popularity of Joss Whedon's shows and movies, show there is a definite audience for storytellers who like to torment their characters.
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #382 on: 19 Feb 2011, 01:49 »

FW is totally that bad. I'm trying hard to think of a cast member who isn't connected to some horrible thing and I can't; they've all either got horrific problems or love people who do and are thereby crippled by that.

And that's, like, every day of their lives.

I like Whedon's brand of character torment, though! He usually does it with really positive character-development results or plot advancement results; and even when he does it without such, it's enjoyable, kinda. Character torment is very useful to a writer, not to mention cathartic.
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

rje

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #383 on: 19 Feb 2011, 05:24 »

Elliot over there has clearly been agonizing about and being awkward around Padma for some time now, also he actually all up and SAID that extra pathetic line about ruining their friendship. In other words, if she picks his sad-sack ass over Marten, I will do an acrobatic fucking pirouette off the handle, to quote Dave Strider.
*grins* bit of a Homestuck fan, are we?

But aw man, Elliot's kinda cute in a big puppy dog doofy way, I actually would really like to see his story.
It is so bizarre how interested I am in him and he's had two lines. ('Lo counts as a line. Yes.)
Actually semi-serious joking aside I was hoping that Marten was just happy cos he made some new friend and was glad to see said friends and wanted to hang out with them. Dude needs a bigger social circle, imho. But liking the girl is ok too. But friends are awesomer.
Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free.

Cartagia

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #384 on: 19 Feb 2011, 10:01 »

Long time lurker, first time poster.

My personal theory:

Elliot is the one checking out Steve.  He's appalled that Padma would put him on the spot like that.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #385 on: 19 Feb 2011, 10:05 »

Elliot is supposedly in love with a "her", I doubt he's interested in Steve.
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2011, 10:25 by akronnick »
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Cartagia

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #386 on: 19 Feb 2011, 10:08 »

Oh, duh!  THAT'S mopey guy.  Well, I can always just assume we are thrust into the middle of another situation.  Maybe scar neck assumes it is a girl, but is wrong?

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #387 on: 19 Feb 2011, 10:29 »

Anything's possible, he could even be Bi, and was trying to get over whoever the "her" is by musing about the hot guy at the bar, next to the skinny indie boy, and Padma recognized Marten and called him opver to ask, but given what we know, Elliot having a crush on Padma seems to be the best explanation.

It's all speculation at this point, we'll find out tomorrow night.

Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #388 on: 19 Feb 2011, 10:54 »

Hmm. I'm not sure that Padma is the object of Elliot's longing. Obviously (?) the scar neck dude knows who it is. He is giving the advice to Elliot less than 10 feet away from Padma (look at the loafs of bread on the shelf, or the donut trays). Loud enough that Marten and Hannelore can hear it. I'm not saying that it is impossible, but would you try to get a friend to muster up the courage to ask a girl out, if the said girl can hear everything you say?

As usual, I'm prepared to be very wrong about this  :|.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #389 on: 19 Feb 2011, 11:11 »

Don't be.  I'm betting on Renee anyway, she was in the back witnessing the flames when those lines were said! 

I just think that, after the horrible breakup Padma's just gone through, Elliot's surprised to see her interested in someone...

Oh, wait - we're not assuming parallel universes anymore, are we? 

:D

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #390 on: 19 Feb 2011, 12:10 »

Well yeah, if the "mirror-verse" hypothesis were true, he's Marten's negative image and so should be after Faye's.

Luckily for us Jeph is more creative than that, so ...
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #391 on: 19 Feb 2011, 13:23 »

I never saw him as a mirror Marten.  With the name Elliot, maybe he's a parallel Hannelore, only obsessive about romance instead of germs.  He happened to be acting mopey when Marten had just broken up, but I dn't see him as a parallel to Marten. 

I do, however, see the taller skinnier Angus-with-an-X lookalike being a parallel to Penelope.  Just a vibe I got from his one appearance, and the way she had been earlier in the comic when she first started working at CoD, before Wil.  I hope we see more of him! 

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #392 on: 19 Feb 2011, 21:10 »

Yes, it's finally here: the MOMENT OF THE WEEK!

Finally startin' to check out other girls, huh?    - 0 (0%)
Well I mean it's been WEEKS, I AM a single dude... now..    - 0 (0%)
SLAP! (I'm out of practice!)    - 2 (2.9%)
Don't tell me you're still hung up on Dora.    - 0 (0%)
WE ARE BROS, MAN! WE! ARE! BROS!    - 8 (11.6%)
UMASS Guys! "BROS! BROS! BROS! BROS!"    - 10 (14.5%)
I know it's over, I just... still miss her, y'know?    - 1 (1.4%)
The other night, Cosette...    - 11 (15.9%)
Good talk, bro.    - 6 (8.7%)
Who's that waving? Why, it's PADMA!    - 5 (7.2%)
My baby bird's finally left the nest!    - 2 (2.9%)
I wouldn't wipe my eyes with that towel...    - 1 (1.4%)
Mister coffee-and-a-danish    - 1 (1.4%)
Padma, Renee and Elliot.    - 0 (0%)
So... So...    - 1 (1.4%)
Who's your cute friend over at the bar?    - 14 (20.3%)
Elliot's look of sheer HORROR    - 7 (10.1%)

Total Voters: 69
Just another Joe like 46

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #393 on: 19 Feb 2011, 21:16 »

Long time lurker, first time poster.

My personal theory:

Elliot is the one checking out Steve.  He's appalled that Padma would put him on the spot like that.

That is an excellent first post.  I think you'll fit in here just fine.

daryljfontaine

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #394 on: 20 Feb 2011, 08:27 »

Damn Funky Winterbean's THAT bad? Good thing I never got into it then.

Willis on Winkerbean.

It really is that bad.

D

It takes a village to raise a child.  It takes a Viking to raze a village.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #395 on: 20 Feb 2011, 13:23 »

Hey, I just found this and Dora's comment in panel two struck me as a funny kind of foreshadowing, intentional or not.  Bear in mind that this is before Marten and Dora even started dating.  

It's not really relevant per se, I just thought it was interesting.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #396 on: 20 Feb 2011, 13:44 »

Weren't the couple in the first panel supposed to be Jeph and Christi? 

LPcomics

« Reply #397 on: 20 Feb 2011, 15:40 »

I literally loled at the last panel of Friday's strip.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #398 on: 20 Feb 2011, 17:21 »

Weren't the couple in the first panel supposed to be Jeph and Christi? 
I've heard both that it was Jeph and Cristi, and that it was Helen Narbonic and Dave Davenport, from the comic strip Narbonic.
Just another Joe like 46

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #399 on: 20 Feb 2011, 19:13 »

Well, a quick look at Narbonic's cast page confirms it.  Definitely Helen and Dave. 

I thought he was a little short for Jeph, and then there are the glasses...
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2011, 19:17 by Carl-E »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up