THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 Apr 2024, 21:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imagine What She Could Have Done With a Malaysian Battle Spatula <g>  (Read 8127 times)

Bob_Mozark

• Not quite a lurker

A Malaysian woman beat off a tiger attacking her husband armed just with a wooden soup ladle:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1356762/Woman-fights-tiger-ladle-Malaysian-jungle-saves-husband.html

Here is the strip on South East Asian fighting spoons and battle ladles:

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=540
There are two kinds of people in the world.  Those who divide the world into two kinds of people.  And, those who don't.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

I love this quote from the article;

'The tiger was probably hunting for prey and mistook Tambun (her husband, the victim) for a mammal,' she told the New Straits Times.

Technically, the tiger was right.   :wink:

When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Watched Pot

• Balloon animal serial killer

Not necessarily. Don't be so placento-normative.
Don't you do cocaine at ME, you son of a bitch!

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!

Just Imagine how the tiger recounts the tale to his buddies:

So here I was, just looking for lunch, when this wierd naked monkey thing comes along, I didn't know what the hell it was, but it looked tasty so I thought what the hell, right? So I pounce on it, and just before I could get the killing bite on the back of the neck, this other wierd naked monkey thing starts screaming and hollering and hitting me with a goddamned stick!!!

I could have taken out the both of them but I figured they weren't worth the trouble so I just said "Fuck it!" and took off. Trust me boys, if you ever see one of those wierd naked monkey things, make sure it doesn't have a stick before you pounce!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

'The tiger was probably hunting for prey and mistook Tambun (her husband, the victim) for a mammal,' she told the New Straits Times.
The bad part of my wife being out of town is that there was nobody in the house to ask why I was laughing so loud and so hard.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.

That is awesome.

I believe the first picture is miscaptioned, though.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Well, if the tiger mistook Tambun for a mammal, that would imply that he wasn't one. So what, he's a reptile?

Not necessarily. Don't be so placento-normative.
The placenta is not definitive. Marsupials and monotremes are also mammals, as any Australian can tell you.

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

Says also in the story the victim was hunting squirrels for dinner.
Next time, send Momo. Although she'll just insist you go to the store.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Blood-Tree

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Must have tree blood!!!

The placenta is not definitive. Marsupials and monotremes are also mammals, as any Australian can tell you.

Curse you and your eldritch antipodean knowledge!
Pages: [1]   Go Up