THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 01:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nice storytelling with Padma  (Read 4842 times)

DonkeyJockey

Nice storytelling with Padma
« on: 21 Feb 2011, 22:42 »

Hey Jeph, I've been following QC for a while now and this is the first time I've felt the need to post. Holy crap. Has your storytelling improved.That was a pretty awesome pull and tug of expectations and totally improbable events. Thanks for being awesome.

PS. If Padma hooks up with Marten after that, that'll be totally crazy.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
Re: Nice storytelling with Padma
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2011, 00:37 »

If Padma hooks up with Marten at this stage it'll be a miracle of biblical proportions.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2011, 12:17 »

Agreed. There's no foundation for anything happening there, and we're not supposed to do shipping.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2011, 13:19 »

Well, not out loud, at least...

It's a slice of life comic.  There is romance involved. There will always  be shipping at some  level...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

horsefish

• Emoticontraindication
  • Guybrarian
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2011, 11:31 »

the working definition of "shipping" seems to shift around a bit here, between shipping = hoping/wishing and shipping = guessing/predicting.  Are both of these considered shipping, and is there a consensus on which kind is worse? 
The first rule of Book Club is you do not talk about Book Club.

Watched Pot

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2011, 12:34 »

the working definition of "shipping" seems to shift around a bit here, between shipping = hoping/wishing and shipping = guessing/predicting.  Are both of these considered shipping, and is there a consensus on which kind is worse?  
By the standards of this board, if you mention 2 characters in the same post you are a deviated prevert. The mods will find out about your preversion and that you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts. Every time someone does this is worse than the last time.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2011, 12:36 by Watched Pot »
Don't you do cocaine at ME, you son of a bitch!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #6 on: 27 Feb 2011, 13:05 »

The best I can do for now is link to a previous question about the shipping issue, and point to pwhodges's "realistic to the characters" standard. I'll try to get further clarification.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #7 on: 27 Feb 2011, 13:06 »

By the standards of this board, if you mention 2 characters in the same post you are a deviated prevert.

That is not how it is; see this post, and read the whole thread containing it.  There is nothing wrong with discussion of relationship possibilities that come naturally from the character and situation of those concerned; it is inappropriate or obsessive linkages or crude characterisation that causes offence.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2011, 13:08 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #8 on: 27 Feb 2011, 17:29 »

In addition, you can always fall back on putting yourself in Jeph's place. If you would feel uncomfortable with someone discussing your brainchildren in a certain way, then avoid that line of discussion. As you imagine being Jeph, imagine that you'd been rubbed raw by previous occurrences.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #9 on: 27 Feb 2011, 20:47 »

the working definition of "shipping" seems to shift around a bit here, between shipping = hoping/wishing and shipping = guessing/predicting.  Are both of these considered shipping, and is there a consensus on which kind is worse? 
I prefer to get all my shipping done by Fed-Ex.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

horsefish

• Emoticontraindication
  • Guybrarian
« Reply #10 on: 28 Feb 2011, 22:47 »

The best I can do for now is link to a previous question about the shipping issue, and point to pwhodges's "realistic to the characters" standard. I'll try to get further clarification.

My original question was more abstract and philosophical than anything; I wasn't really asking for a policy clarification.  I was just tired and the thought crossed my mind.  Looking back, I think it was actually a dumb question; I read the conduct thread when I joined the forum, and I re-read it from time to time to make sure my understanding of it hasn't drifted...  I think I have a pretty good handle on what is and isn't acceptable here, and in any case I'm not prone to shipping.  (I hope nobody quotes this if they ever catch me doing it :roll:)

Or maybe I was setting up a straw man because I reallly think that the nature of shipping really needs to be discussed.  at length.  again.  not.

By the standards of this board, if you mention 2 characters in the same post you are a deviated prevert.

That is not how it is; see this post, and read the whole thread containing it.  There is nothing wrong with discussion of relationship possibilities that come naturally from the character and situation of those concerned; it is inappropriate or obsessive linkages or crude characterisation that causes offence.

I agree that Watched Pot grossly overstated his case, but I laughed really hard when I read his post.  I tend to be fond of hyperbole.
The first rule of Book Club is you do not talk about Book Club.

JJXB

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #11 on: 01 Mar 2011, 01:22 »

the working definition of "shipping" seems to shift around a bit here, between shipping = hoping/wishing and shipping = guessing/predicting.  Are both of these considered shipping, and is there a consensus on which kind is worse?  
By the standards of this board, if you mention 2 characters in the same post you are a deviated prevert. The mods will find out about your preversion and that you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts. Every time someone does this is worse than the last time.
pfft. you obviously haven't hung round in other fandoms. i'm one of the moderate ones in the daria fandom for example so i'm on no particular ship. but i've seen some fierce argument go on about daria/trent and daria/tom and which one is better. and that's stuff you do not want to see.
My Youtube account
~Ceramic White PSP Status~
FW: 3.90 M33
Memory Stick: 1gb
Pages: [1]   Go Up