THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 07:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i put my itunes on shuffle and little leauge (capn jazz) came up anyway  (Read 4484 times)

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

sean

• welp

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY COFFEE EYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

kitty cats with their head hangin heavy are all up in this thead

sean

• welp

this is almost the worst moment of my life right now i am not kidding at all.

this is a thread now about when you get drunk and have the worst moment of yr life whilst listening to capn jazz

scarred

• Older than Moses

i'm drunk but i'm listening to smith westerns so

ha?

:psyduck:
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

the new JOA record was supposed to be instrumental or at least largely so, i'd heard?

flowers was quite good and in my estimation so was boo human! so if they can keep the momentum going from that then it should be really interesting
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

that's surely the one i mean
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Katherine

• The German Chancellory building

Tommy your post makes me so very happy as I love Owls and I will entirely forget all about this impending album in approximately five minutes so please do bump this when you hear the album and remind me to get excited for it again.

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug

OOWWWWWLLLLLSSSS

it seems like sean has been drinking a lot lately, maybe it's time for an intervention

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU

Love this band - I picked up the vinyl reissue recently, and it's really nice. Pretty much every song on that rules so hard..."Que Suerte!" has been a favourite of mine lately, though.

And yeah, Joan of Arc had a thing up on Kickstarter for a while now, so they could get help to fund the new album...I've never been as into them as I have with other Kinsella projects, but anything Albini produces sparks my interest. And I mean...we have that AND Braid to look forward to this year. Stoked.

sean

• welp

oh my god joan of arc is playing in dc tonight and guess who isn't going

me, thats who

Katherine

BRAID WHAT

WHAT

Edit: "On January 25th, 2011 the band announced on Punknews.org that they were reuniting to record a new 12-inch for Polyvinyl Records."

2011 is my favorite year ever
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2011, 11:11 by Katherine »

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU

I know, right? Now all we need is for American Football to reform, and I'll just about explode with happiness.

Cire27

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm

Oh god I am excited in every sense of the word.
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU

Lol, why do you say that? If it's because The Get Up Kids released a terrible reunion album, Braid aren't the Get Up Kids.

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU

I feel that. My favourite Braid album is Age of Octeen, but I still think some of the later stuff is alright.  It just seems to me like everyone is expecting an an emo record out of them, when they got farther and farther from it with every album, anyway. I just think it's cool that bands like this are coming back...it's almost like they're laying claim to their scene again, with all these bands doing the "emo revival" thing now.

Katherine

I ma more of a Hey Mercedes fan than a Braid fan, but Bob Nanna is my favoritest so anything with him singing makes me feel funny inside.

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU

Friction is so fucking good.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

i'm not even sure what this thread is about anymore but i think it might be sort of related to Joan of Arc still so...

i just got into Joan of Arc like a month or two ago and they've been slowly creeping into my regular listening habits more and more. At first i was like "this song is okay...the rest are lame...whatever" but that one good song always roots itself into my mind, forcing me to listen to it, which usually winds up with me listening to more songs, and eventually i just ended up liking almost all of them.

listening to "explain yourselves #2" right now and going  :laugh:  :-o  :lol:

i could listen to that song on repeat for hours

"flowers" was the song that made me actually notice Joan of Arc, which i heard only because it was under related videos on youtube when i was watching something totally random.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Brian Majestic

• Obscure cultural reference

Tim Kinsella singing Minutemen songs last night was pretty awesome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up