THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Thread About Terrible Internet  (Read 11533 times)

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
Re: A Thread About Terrible Internet
« Reply #50 on: 10 Mar 2011, 21:10 »

I'm not the only one who finds the abominable Bioboards fascinating. They're gaining notoriety elsewhere!
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #51 on: 10 Mar 2011, 23:03 »

Stanley Woo is an ass. Why do they keep him around, surely there are more/equally qualified people who can do his job instead. I'm not a racist, but you just can't trust a volus.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #52 on: 11 Mar 2011, 15:02 »

I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #53 on: 25 Mar 2011, 03:14 »

:evil: BREAKING NEWS :evil:

Somebody over at SA managed to somehow navigate the Bioboards such that he/she was able to acquire a link to the Holy Grail of Bioboard creepitude, the infamous post containing an in-depth chemical analysis of Quarian sweat, so as to estimate what it would "taste and smell like". scroll down a bit.

Notice also the nonchalance / mild enthusiasm this abomination is received with.

You now carry a little black shard of internet inside you that will never die.

*e - Haha oh god there was apparently once a forum moderator who got canned for saying that gay people didn't exist (?) in the Star Wars universe. Best forum ever.
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2011, 03:24 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #54 on: 25 Mar 2011, 13:18 »

I stopped reading it after the first couple lines. The science stinks.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #55 on: 25 Mar 2011, 17:31 »

Tommy, it was a joke. I know I don't know enough about anything to make a judgement call on the dude's thesis.

Graphite

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • the final frontier?!
« Reply #56 on: 26 Mar 2011, 20:01 »

Relevant.

Re conspiracy theorists, there's a book called "Them" (I can't find my copy currently, and the prospect of googling a title like that isn't too appealing), in which a mild-mannered, amiable reporter hangs out with conspiracy theorists, learning about their experiences and beliefs, and eventually investigates their contention that a secret cabal of important people run the world through nefarious scheming and satanic ritual. He eventually finds the group they're talking about, and discovers that they're basically a club full of rich dudes who hang out together and blow off steam through embarrassing drunken rituals. 'twas a decent read, the highlight being a visit to a particular branch of the Ku Klux Klan with a leader who wants to revamp the Klan's image. He spent a lot of fruitless time trying to teach the gang not to use the n-word.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #57 on: 30 Mar 2011, 21:24 »

Everyone's a dick inside.  The Internet is just a way for the vast majority of people to release their inner dick in the [almost*] full knowledge that they won't face reprisals for their actions or words.  Ever hear of GIFT?  It's real, even official academic studies agree with its existence.

*- Unless you piss off someone who happens to be a computer genius on 4chan or SomethingAwful...then your life becomes hell.

On the topic of shipping, it's fucking stupid.  Reading threads about XY couple or how X should be with Z instead of Y or whatever reads like a conversation from third grade.  And some peoples' posts/reactions...it no longer surprises me that it's just as likely full grown adults as kids to be spewing some of the vitriol that one sees. 
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #58 on: 01 Apr 2011, 08:45 »

(I can't find my copy currently, and the prospect of googling a title like that isn't too appealing),

It's by Jon Ronson. Incidentally the top result of any fairly basic google like 'Them conspiracy book' (and even 'Them book') returns the correct result right at the top of the page.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

cyro

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Lurking in your dreams.
« Reply #60 on: 09 Apr 2011, 02:35 »

Schemechsae

See now you just sound Welsh.

That would actually be quite appropriate in context.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #62 on: 30 Oct 2011, 19:03 »

The problem with this particular site is that people are now baiting the trolls, and people who aren't are getting sucked in. It kind of sucks.
Spend enough time on forums and you'll eventually develop a 'trollsense'.  

On the topic of shipping, it's fucking stupid.  Reading threads about XY couple or how X should be with Z instead of Y or whatever reads like a conversation from third grade.  And some peoples' posts/reactions...it no longer surprises me that it's just as likely full grown adults as kids to be spewing some of the vitriol that one sees.  
Oh god, shipping...  Such fertile, fertile ground for starting a flame war if you say the wrong thing to the wrong people.  Even worse when they take it to the levels of it being a religious cause.  Whoop-dee-fucking-doo if someone wants to pair A with C instead of B or B with D instead of C or, god forbid, canon says A is actually supposed to be with F (if such is the case).
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up