• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moment/Line of the Week?

Cosette's Gibbs Slap
"Man, I still can't believe he's not gay!"
Cosette's misinterpretation of "greater than or equal to", forgetting it also has "or equal to"
"Hola, assbutt"
Dora having a successful first therapy session and not realizing it
"We've, ah, run into each other a couple times."
Hanners's logic win
"Great, my self-loathing is the square root of 2"
Marigold's anti-makeover rant
Obligatory (yet irrelevant) waffles option

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 14 Mar-18 Mar 2011 (1881-1885)  (Read 108028 times)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Re: WCDT 14 Mar-18 Mar 2011 (1881-1885)
« Reply #400 on: 18 Mar 2011, 21:47 »

Maybe Hannelore has her Windex custom-made to her own specifications in a bottle of her own design.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Zwiebel

• Not quite a lurker
  • Die Zwiebelkoenigin
« Reply #401 on: 18 Mar 2011, 23:33 »

I mean, think about oral sex alone. Doing that for someone who you have zero attraction or attachment to? Ew. But with someone you care for/are attracted to? Suddenly we disregard the "ew" factor and it's pleasant.

I've never understood why most girls I were friends with back in the day would perform oral before considering having sex with someone random. I have always viewed oral as extremely personal, I would have sex sooner than I would give oral. I am putting my face around a area that releases WASTES on a daily basis, and I'm putting one of the "instruments of waste removal" into my MOUTH.

I think it's because (at least in America) oral sex is kind of made a go-around. You can do it and still be a virgin, it doesn't really count, etc. When I think of oral sex, I think of the discussions we had in HS Sex Ed (what a joke) that basically encouraged oral sex as an alternative to actual intercourse. They'd never come out and say it but there was always this "Well, you can do THESE things and you WON'T have as much a chance to get pregnant if you do!"

Weird, I know, and I feel the same as you, but that's a definite factor. Plus, you consider the mainstreaming of oral sex (Clinton, it's used as a gag in American Pie, etc.) and it's become a less-threatening option in a lot of ways, especially when virginity is so prized, but sexuality is still thrust in our faces. Like I said, this is a purely American perspective, although mine isn't that of the typical American.
If Not You, Who Else? - Terry Pratchett

Real children do not go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs. - Terry Pratchett

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #402 on: 19 Mar 2011, 00:08 »

There are few concepts more amusing than the "technical virgin".
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.
« Reply #403 on: 19 Mar 2011, 00:34 »

Damnit, now you made me remember Angel Cop. (NSFW)

Oh my God what the fuck is this it's like Ghost in the Shell had a developmentally disabled baby with Jerry Bruckheimer.

Basically it's about......yeah, think GITS only with a shitload of swearing, bloody bits, and psychics. And half of Section 9 is offed thru the series.

And the dialogue on man's relationship with technology, I see, was handily replaced with the glorious axioms "You've underestimated the power of Japanese technology, you evil bitch!" and "Shut up you self-righteous moralizing pinko Commie scumbag, you make me sick!"

Truly, a classic for our times.
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #404 on: 19 Mar 2011, 01:39 »

I mean, think about oral sex alone. Doing that for someone who you have zero attraction or attachment to? Ew. But with someone you care for/are attracted to? Suddenly we disregard the "ew" factor and it's pleasant.

I've never understood why most girls I were friends with back in the day would perform oral before considering having sex with someone random. I have always viewed oral as extremely personal, I would have sex sooner than I would give oral. I am putting my face around a area that releases WASTES on a daily basis, and I'm putting one of the "instruments of waste removal" into my MOUTH.

I think it's because (at least in America) oral sex is kind of made a go-around. You can do it and still be a virgin, it doesn't really count, etc. When I think of oral sex, I think of the discussions we had in HS Sex Ed (what a joke) that basically encouraged oral sex as an alternative to actual intercourse. They'd never come out and say it but there was always this "Well, you can do THESE things and you WON'T have as much a chance to get pregnant if you do!"

Weird, I know, and I feel the same as you, but that's a definite factor. Plus, you consider the mainstreaming of oral sex (Clinton, it's used as a gag in American Pie, etc.) and it's become a less-threatening option in a lot of ways, especially when virginity is so prized, but sexuality is still thrust in our faces. Like I said, this is a purely American perspective, although mine isn't that of the typical American.

My personal stance is on par with you guys, but since for many people blowjobs go into the "it doesn't count" or even "it isn't cheating" folder (by this I mean, I know couples where they both consider kissing/blowjobs/handjobs with other people ok, but intercourse is off limits), I put "someone you're attracted to" as well as "someone you're attached to" up there. But it really is a very intimate act, not just because of the whole waste/germs factor, but because it's when you get as close to the other person's  most private (and usually concealed) areas as you ever will in terms of smell and taste and touch. With kissing--we see each other's faces all the time, and friendly kisses can be common. With sex--there's certainly highly intimate contact but it's contained to pure physical sensation only. Oral sex is intimacy with an all-around close up.

Heh.

And btw, to whoever said "what's the big deal about swapping spit, who cares...unless the girl just went down on you"--that's kinda funny to me. I figure that if you expect her to do that and not find it gross, you have to deal with both of your bodies' physicality in that way as well. I'm glad that people I've been with never minded kissing right after the act (or during). That can heighten intimacy, too.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #405 on: 19 Mar 2011, 12:32 »

...?

You hope what was deliberate?  I don't understand.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

vettechinohio

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #406 on: 19 Mar 2011, 12:34 »

I believe they are referring to the use of the word "thrust" (:
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

Doctor Online

• Emoticontraindication
  • Dat Triforce
« Reply #407 on: 19 Mar 2011, 12:56 »

I had a friend of a friend date and eventually marry this woman (last I heard they're now divorced) which I could never understood her logic. It was torture to the poor guy. She was a virgin, said she wasn't going to have sex or perform any sexual act until she was married. No oral, no hand job, no anal, nothing at all. However, she would allow the guy to go down on her, to finger her... so on (but no PnV contact). Even now, I have nothing to say about it, when I try to think of how to word my thoughts on this logic of hers, my brain literally just stops. All I can put to words is, WTF?  :psyduck:

Maybe it was her way of conning him into actually going through with marrying her? I'm not quite sure.
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2011, 12:58 by Doctor Online »

Boomslang

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #408 on: 19 Mar 2011, 14:04 »

The entire "No X until I'm married" business always seemed a bit... off, to me. The reasons are varied, but personally it's a huge turnoff, not because I require sex in a relationship, but because it reads as a bribe attempt.

Also, I try to ignore the fact that women have an ecosystem down there when getting down to business. That, and the consequences of that ecosystem dying, because that's not fun for anyone.
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #409 on: 19 Mar 2011, 14:41 »

And "in our faces".

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #410 on: 19 Mar 2011, 19:09 »

"No X until I'm married"
You're missing two Xs (sorry, I had to).
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #411 on: 19 Mar 2011, 19:37 »

And "in our faces".

Yes.

Ah yes, I see it now.  I apologize.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

cabbagehut

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #412 on: 19 Mar 2011, 20:58 »

One of the appeals of oral sex for hetero couples might be the lack of risk for pregnancy.  Sure, you can get STDs/STIs and whatnot, but the concern for pregnancy is zero.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #413 on: 20 Mar 2011, 02:12 »

One of the appeals of oral sex for hetero couples might be the lack of risk for pregnancy.  Sure, you can get STDs/STIs and whatnot, but the concern for pregnancy is almost, but still not quite zero.
FYP.
One recalls the approximately one-in-a-trillion conception of a girl who got stabbed in the stomach almost immediately subsequent to sucking off her boyfriend.
(never mind the hundreds of slightly more probable cases involving reciprocal oral attention every year)
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #414 on: 20 Mar 2011, 02:56 »

Maybe Hannelore has her Windex custom-made to her own specifications in a bottle of her own design.

Her mom is a rich bitch.....

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #415 on: 20 Mar 2011, 03:00 »

Some things just don't bear thinking about. Such as googling the word "pokeslut." Now why the hell did I do that (rhetorical)?

So you got alot of Pokemon Rule /34/, huh?

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #416 on: 20 Mar 2011, 03:12 »

Or maybe Jeph didn't want to spend three hours rendering in exacting detail the perfect artistic representation of a bottle of Windex®, only to be sued by the S. C. Johnson corporation for trademark infringement.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #417 on: 20 Mar 2011, 03:30 »

Plus, you consider the mainstreaming of oral sex (Clinton, it's used as a gag in American Pie, etc.) and it's become a less-threatening option in a lot of ways, especially when virginity is so prized, but sexuality is still

thrust in our faces

thrust in our faces

thrust in our faces

I hope that was deliberate  :-D

Fuckin' pain in the ass.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #418 on: 20 Mar 2011, 03:39 »

That was a moving gif of Orson Welles clapping his hands.

Your argument is irrelevent.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #419 on: 20 Mar 2011, 05:30 »

I cannot believe I did not recognize the double entendre until Andy pointed it out.

That gif was the only sufficient response, containing both my shame at not recognizing it and my vigorous congratulations of Andy.
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #420 on: 20 Mar 2011, 11:22 »

Or maybe Jeph didn't want to spend three hours rendering in exacting detail the perfect artistic representation of a bottle of Windex®, only to be sued by the S. C. Johnson corporation for trademark infringement.

Or maybe mother has it special made for her and doesn't require an overactive imagination coupled with threats of lawsuits?

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #421 on: 20 Mar 2011, 11:34 »

It could also be generic glass cleaner, or possibly actual Windex in a different spray bottle that she bought, or it's hospital-grade anti-microbial stuff (my bet) in a different spray bottle

and there's pretty much no call at all to be passive-aggressively arguing about it since the function is pretty clear regardless
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

Sharp

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Hanging the toilet paper upside down.
« Reply #422 on: 20 Mar 2011, 16:08 »

"DISENFECTO! It's function is pretty clear, just like your windows!"
Oh, UMASS fratboys.  Where don't you show up drunk?
[quote author
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up