THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 01:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charity drive resources, courtesy of THE INTERNET (Tsunami Relief - Japan)!  (Read 8124 times)

Odin

• FIGHT YOU

This is for whomever among you have been watching the news and feeling all helpless and wanting to help out, but don't know how (you can donate money to charities trying to help out over there!).

Myself and many others donated through the Red Cross but here's a list of well known and reliable charities, just to make things easier for everyone so nobody has to worry about paying scammers. Check them all out and donate to whichever one (or multiple) charity you believe your money will do the most good with.

The Red Cross
AmeriCares
CARE
Direct Relief
Global Giving
Search Dog Foundation
Doctors Without Borders/MSF
UNICEF
Google Crisis Response DONATE DIRECTLY TO JAPAN

Some Red Cross links for people that don't live in the US.

Australian Red Cross  
Doctors Without Borders/MSF Canada  
British Red Cross  
Danish Red Cross  
Swedish Red Cross  
German Red Cross
Irish Red Cross  

You can also donate to the Red Cross using iTunes somehow. I assume this involves some form of black magic.

Living Social will match all $5 donations, turning your $5 donation into $10

CHECK WITH YOUR JOB AND/OR BANK BECAUSE THEY MIGHT MATCH YOUR DONATION!

DO NOT DONATE TO THE UNITED WAY! Click here to read the Hurricane Katrina fiasco

Okay, go!

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Thanks for the info, though this should be stickied in General Discussion.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Odin

• FIGHT YOU

Maybe a mod can move the thread over there?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

This topic has been moved here, because it is not particularly appropriate in the discussion forum - and so that it can be seen by those who can't see the discussion forum because they don't have a high-enough post count.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

philharmonic

• Furry furrier

Sounds good. Anyway I've organized a fundraiser to benefit the Canadian Red Cross and its Japan Earthquake - Asia Pacific Tsunami Response. I'll post a link to my webpage when its up and running.
*was getting tired of that slug*

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991

I just got a T-shirt from Zebrahead, the punk/rap outfit from CA. They have 2 tsunami relief t-shrits which are pretty rad, and it acts as a donation (plus shipping).

Here's the link:

http://zebrahead.bigcartel.com/product/zebrahead-loves-japan-relief-fund-shirt

iTunes also have the "Songs for Japan" album (although the track listing is questionable, all money goes towards the Red Cross)

Feeder released a single "Side by Side", and again all money is donated. You can also donate on their website: http://www.feederweb.com/

Thanks for the other links, I'll be donating for the Red Cross too.

I had an idea for a drama-drive (Writers stay up all night writing a play, rehersals and stage prep happens in the day, performance in the evening) but I have so much other work on right now its kind of hard to fit it in and get interest for it.

But I'll post back when I have some more links. I think its cool that so many bands and organisations have gotten involved.

philharmonic

• Furry furrier

Webpage is up. Link below. Please check it out (if you want).

http://www3.telus.net/pcarless/

Thanks
*was getting tired of that slug*
Pages: [1]   Go Up