THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 10:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How hawt is Sven Thread?  (Read 10693 times)

songiesworld

How hawt is Sven Thread?
« on: 19 Feb 2008, 00:26 »

He's hot enough for me to want to take pictures of him from the comic and make him my new screensaver.  *blushes*
Sorry, I sound like a ubber fangirl but I had a Faye meltdown with tonight's comic.

ILikeMyRockFraggled

Re: How hawt is Sven Thread?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2008, 00:38 »

Women want him, men want to be him

katarinka

« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2008, 00:42 »

His hair is what gets me.

Cateyes

« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2008, 01:51 »

There is just something about him that is attractive.  His body is very nice for a comic, but I think I like him for his personality just has much his looks.  Him shirtless was hot, I cannot deny that.

Naoko

« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2008, 02:00 »

This isn't even the kind of comic where people have hot muscular/curvy bodies with detail in the first place! They're simple bodies, and Sven is skinny!

Geh. If that was Jeph's drawing style, I could understand, but... This is creepy. This isn't a "oh my god hot people" drawing style. If people in the comic didn't say that Sven was ultra-sexy, and instead everyone (in the comic) thought he was ugly or geeky, would people really be saying anything like this?

Blaaah. X_x

echodeluxe

« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2008, 06:46 »

hes got feminine features but hes undoubtedly masculine. hes the perfect man. everyone wants him.

plus hes a musician. i mean, come on.

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2008, 06:59 »

Women want him, men want to be him
"Handsome is when he look at himself in the mirror. Rugged is when you look at him"

"AaaAAAAAAAAUUUUGGGHH!!!"

easilyamused

« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2008, 08:57 »

His hair is what gets me.

and the glasses.  (though seeing him without them just now was also pretty nice.)
 :angel:

If people in the comic didn't say that Sven was ultra-sexy, and instead everyone (in the comic) thought he was ugly or geeky, would people really be saying anything like this?

good point.  on the other hand, I don't think anyone would go swooning over, for example, Angus McPhee, even if everyone in the comic thought he was a god.

teh pwn queen

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Capiam vos in obscurum
    • Just fucking click it
« Reply #8 on: 19 Feb 2008, 11:10 »

I suppose this also leads to the age-old question:  should we be concerned that a cartoon character is being ogled?

My response: No.  People don't see the cartoon, people see the real life image of the character.  They don't see the one dimensional figure,  the one color type, and the black lines, they see in their mind's eye a real person.  I say that this is good for the imagination.

At least this is my deepest hope.  Or you guys really are sick fucks.  :-D
I haven't logged in on the forum in literally 10 years and my website URL was still my MySpace profile...

skaps

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #9 on: 19 Feb 2008, 11:43 »

Plus, it almost looks like his left nipple is winking at us.

UnidentifiedFlyingCupcake

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #10 on: 19 Feb 2008, 11:57 »

No.  People don't see the cartoon, people see the real life image of the character.  They don't see the one dimensional figure,  the one color type, and the black lines, they see in their mind's eye a real person.  I say that this is good for the imagination.

At least this is my deepest hope.  Or you guys really are sick fucks.  :-D

:lol: I am so with you there. If readers thought of Sven as merely a cartoon drawing, then it would be strange and rather sick. But we don't imgaine him in that way: he is a representation of a character that we know in our minds; he's attractive in a lot of ways and he's drawn/written as being physically attractive, so we drool over him a little bit (speaking for girls here, of course). I think he's sexy because of how his character is portrayed, which does include the drawing (I mean come on, the hair and the smirk--you imagine what it would be like on a real person) but is really about his personality and attitude. I do always go for the unsuspectedly-mature-and-deep smarmosaurs, though.

(Edited for spacing)
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2008, 12:55 by UnidentifiedFlyingCupcake »

jill the ripper

« Reply #11 on: 19 Feb 2008, 12:05 »

Now I feel awkward, because I totally can't imagine any of the characters as real people.

Wait wait.
Maybe Marten, and maybe Faye. But that's totally it.

Sven's only hot because we're told he's hot.
If we were told he was completely repulsive, we'd most probably be like "omgyuck," since when you just look at the character, without all the... actual character, he could very well be nerdy and gross.

:]
It's all in the attitude, babe.

(I've shamed myself with the valley talk in this post.)

songiesworld

« Reply #12 on: 19 Feb 2008, 14:48 »

Yeah for some reason I adore him too.  I don't even think it would matter if he was a horrible guy.  I mean some people fall in love with villians without shame.  Can't we?  I don't think we need to be told a character is hot to think he is hot.  For instance Family guy, people say Meg is Fugly but I don't think so at all. lol

domokun

« Reply #13 on: 19 Feb 2008, 18:01 »

Lolz at the Meg is fugly...i know what you mean....

Sven...I can't put it into words. So people said he was a douche..i never thought so...I like him...

and it takes a girl like Faye to put him in his place. (plus, the kareoke war was their own kind of foreplay...at least that's how i saw it!)

i got extremely fangirl-ish at todays comic...and then went ohmygod what am i doing!?!?!?

Hamelton

« Reply #14 on: 19 Feb 2008, 18:11 »

I gotta say that i agree with those people that imagine the characters somewhat as real.  I don't see just pictures, in my mind I can see the actions and the people speaking, so if people think he's hot, fine, w/e.  Dora definitely looks better to me, but I'm a guy so...duh?

DLcygnet

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #15 on: 20 Feb 2008, 00:17 »

I wouldn't normally comment, but the tenderness in his eyes in the fourth panel of #1081 makes me like his character more than almost anything else I've ever noticed until now.

Amadeus

« Reply #16 on: 20 Feb 2008, 01:49 »

I gotta say that i agree with those people that imagine the characters somewhat as real.  I don't see just pictures, in my mind I can see the actions and the people speaking, so if people think he's hot, fine, w/e.  Dora definitely looks better to me, but I'm a guy so...duh?
Good way of putting it.

I see them as real in my head, and the action plays out with voices, etc, so it's not hard for me to see them as hot, or more accurately, that they'd be hot alive.

Sven is up there, plus his name helps.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #17 on: 20 Feb 2008, 03:21 »

He looks like a Dragonball Z extra.
Hate, rain on me

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #18 on: 20 Feb 2008, 09:37 »

I'm saving for a Sven realdoll.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #19 on: 20 Feb 2008, 09:42 »

I'm taking preorders for Sven Realdolls.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

ViciousBits

« Reply #20 on: 20 Feb 2008, 09:54 »

I wouldn't normally comment, but the tenderness in his eyes in the fourth panel of #1081 makes me like his character more than almost anything else I've ever noticed until now.

Agreed - Jeph draws expressions well and I very much dig the looks Sven pulls off.  Plus he's so wry:lol:

catbhn21

« Reply #21 on: 20 Feb 2008, 20:27 »

I'd do him.

But only if he was 2-D in real life. That'd be reeely hawt. Like makin out with paper. Try it sometime. Don't get a paper-cut.

catbhn21

« Reply #22 on: 20 Feb 2008, 20:30 »

on the other hand, I don't think anyone would go swooning over, for example, Angus McPhee, even if everyone in the comic thought he was a god.

And that is totally not true. He's a cutie too. But only in the blue/purple star-trek get up with the white belt. I'm swooning just to think.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #23 on: 20 Feb 2008, 20:56 »

Me first! I want three please.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Amadeus

« Reply #24 on: 20 Feb 2008, 21:21 »

When I see a realdoll, I don't get the urge to nail it. I want to beat them up and toss them off of my roof onto glass.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #25 on: 20 Feb 2008, 23:34 »

man r u serious? real dolls r so fscking hawt, d00d
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #26 on: 29 Mar 2011, 21:14 »

Why are we digging up threads that are three years out of date?
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #27 on: 29 Mar 2011, 23:46 »

Quote from: Jeph
It's the stupid arguing, the creepy character-fetishization, and the "I hate character X no matter what and will drag this into every single discussion" idiocy that I have a problem with.
Emphasis added.

The discussion above was not an analysis of how Sven is portrayed in the comic.
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2011, 23:48 by Is it cold in here? »
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #28 on: 29 Mar 2011, 23:53 »

I have just removed a number of spam messages added to old threads (in all the forums), which had brought unexpected things to light...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: [1]   Go Up