• 26 Apr 2024, 08:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Archer  (Read 5727 times)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
Archer
« on: 31 Mar 2011, 22:33 »

Anyone enjoying season 2?  The last two episodes have been top notch.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

JimmyJazz

• The German Chancellory building
  • World's Forgotten Boy
Re: Archer
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2011, 22:44 »

I love this show so fucking much. What a great voice cast amirite? Jessica Walter, Henry Jon Benjamin, Judy Greer, Chris Parnell and the guest stars (like Jeffrey Tambor) are all superb and it's hilarious how they mesh different aspects from the 60's/70's/80's/90's/now and never really specify at what time the show takes place. (The Cold War is apparently still going on, but they use cell phones) And the dialogue is golden

"OK, let’s just call it what it is...food rapist."
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2011, 09:18 by JimmyJazz »
Tell her to buy a cosmo magazine, usually they have an article titled 101 ways to put stuff in your manfriend's butt.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2011, 01:36 »

It's amazing how well the voice acting plays out considering they all record apart. It genuinely feels like they're all there talking with each other.

Algernon

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • dangerously bipedal
« Reply #3 on: 01 Apr 2011, 10:11 »

"Bartleby the Scrivener? Not a big Melville crowd, are we?"

This show is so good.  And it got renewed, so yay.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2011, 12:12 »

considering they all record apart
I know that's what's usually done with animation, but are you sure they do that for this?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

JimmyJazz

• World's Forgotten Boy
« Reply #5 on: 01 Apr 2011, 12:24 »

Yes, Adam Reed and the voice actors have mentioned how they record separately several times in interviews. It's remarkable how well they make it work, especially during scenes where they're all stumbling over and interrupting one another. Some of the throwaway phrases muttered under the characters' breaths are worthy of Arrested Development. Also, Sterling's obsession with Burt Reynolds and the "Dangerzoooooooone" running joke cracks me up every time

Tell her to buy a cosmo magazine, usually they have an article titled 101 ways to put stuff in your manfriend's butt.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #6 on: 01 Apr 2011, 12:25 »

Adam Reed:
AVC: Is it more difficult with the actors all recording in different cities while you’re basically on the phone with them, or does it allow you to focus more easily on the rhythm of the dialogue?

AR: I prefer it. In fact, now for whatever reason, if we’re recording in the same room, I get a little distracted because I’m watching the actor instead of listening to the actor. The way we do it now, they’re on the phone, and we’re sitting here with scripts in front of us taking notes seriously and marking takes and doing some adlibs. I can really focus on the words and not the surroundings.

SOURCE

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #7 on: 01 Apr 2011, 12:35 »

It's real testament to all the talent involved. Archer's obsession with Burt Reynolds is ongoing, he had his sawn-off shotgun when he went on his chemo and pot fueled rampage. The show has a lot of recurring gags but they're used infrequently enough so that they don't get stale (the Johnny Brecht still cracks me up). Landgraf's not far off the mark when he says FX is nailing it in comedy (still, it's a shame FX is mostly steering clear from 'low' drama concepts for the foreseeable future).

JimmyJazz

• World's Forgotten Boy
« Reply #8 on: 01 Apr 2011, 12:44 »

Who's everyone's favorite auxiliary character by the way? Mine is Kriegar for moments like these:

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #9 on: 01 Apr 2011, 12:47 »

After last night's episode, I gotta go with Pam.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #10 on: 01 Apr 2011, 13:19 »

Dammit, why you gotta make me choose? They're all different brilliant forms of crazy (lit.).

JimmyJazz

• World's Forgotten Boy
« Reply #11 on: 24 Apr 2011, 00:22 »

So what did everyone think of the last few episodes of the season? I personally thought they were some of the best the series has had so far; some of the Archer-Mallory jokes were some of the funniest moments I've ever seen on television.

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #12 on: 24 Apr 2011, 07:09 »

I'm wondering whether James Bond or some other series did the "getting married? fiance is going to die before you can!" gag first.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #13 on: 24 Apr 2011, 13:04 »

I haven't seen it, but apparently in Lazenby's one film he gets married in the beginning, she gets killed five minutes later, and he instantly moves on.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #14 on: 24 Apr 2011, 13:12 »

yup, it's Lazenby's only Bond flick, "On Her Majesty's Secret Service." The plot involves an evil genius brainwashing Russian supermodels to carry out his nefarious schemes. Bond is a clumsy oaf (he falls over repeatedly whilst skiing, for example), and then he gets married only to see his new wife get gunned down during a car chase. It's pretty silly and possibly the worst movie in the franchise. This episode of Archer, on the other hand, was great. Par for the course, really. I love this show.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)
Pages: [1]   Go Up