THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I('ve had) have a radio show on Fridays.  (Read 3195 times)

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
I('ve had) have a radio show on Fridays.
« on: 08 Apr 2011, 17:01 »

So, I used to post here more often, but am most entirely a lurker. It's in my nature such that my old attempts to break it never got me past 1000 posts, but I've been here for a while and even used to Gabble. So, I don't know who would care to know this, but I've had a radio show for over a year now with a friend of mine where he gives me a theme to follow for the next week's show. This normally ends with me the night before scouring my music library in a long several hour process to get it feeling just right and fun.

I'm not going to preface this too much because I have to go on-air in an hour, and my playlist for tonight isn't finished yet, but if you care at all to listen we're on from 9:00pm until Midnight EST. I can't promise that this week's playlist will be exceptional because I've been under the mental weather for a little bit now, so I wasn't able to meet my ambitions for this week's set.

The show is called Stuck On A Theme.
It's an excellent excuse to play everything I own.
This week's theme is Plato's Symposium.
I promise that the only reason it was chosen was because my cohost forgot to come up with a theme for the week by the end of last week's show and happened to have been finishing some homework reading it. It was a compulsive blurb.

If you want to listen online (because you likely aren't in the area) go to www.vicradio.org

So yeah! I thought I would post this here because I'm not as self-conscious about the show anymore, and as whims go, this is one of them.

Edit: The show is normally on from Midnight until 2am EST. This week was an exception because we had to fill the show before us.
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2011, 18:25 by MusicScribbles »
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
Re: I('ve had) have a radio show on Fridays.
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2011, 13:41 »

hey musicscribbles, can i steal yr thread?

anyway (sorry), so i've been appearing on my schools radio a bunch as of late. mainly on my friends matt & blakes show, just as another dude in the booth usually but last week i was the other host cause matt's gotten a job bar backing wednesday night (its the open mic night in town everyone goes to). so this week, ill be on it again, just shootin the shit and bumpin tracks. the show starts at 11est and goes until whenever the hell we feel like it (last show of the night). here's the site, so if yr just bein bored tonight/whatever time it is when we go on where you live feel free to tune in! it might be cool!
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

MusicScribbles

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2011, 15:07 »

I mean, hey, we could also use this thread as a way of advertising radio shows in general.

For instance, I won't be having one this week because there's a 50 Hour Marathon fund raiser at the station.

sean

• welp
« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2011, 15:15 »

i just didn't wanna start a new thread when this one already existed about radio shows, it felt somewhat unnecessary and i couldn't find a mass radio show thread when i searched. i mean its not even my show but it looks like for at least for the rest of this semester ima be the other host.

MusicScribbles

« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2011, 15:26 »

Cool thing dude. I would totally listen, but I have a presentation to put together for my Science Fiction seminar tomorrow. I kind've agree that we use this as a thread for talking about our radio shows.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't care that you hijacked the original intent. It's COOL.

sean

• welp
« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2011, 17:32 »

psst guys im gonna play one of anna's songs, how do you say her last name? (somebody can pm me this if this isn't public knowledge)

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2011, 17:36 »

Pale-in-Gale-in. True fact.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK
Pages: [1]   Go Up