THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 09:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dickfaces need to play ROADS OF ANGER REDUX (not actual name)  (Read 2145 times)

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

FUCKIN

You remember Streets of Rage, yeah? Of course you do. Well, after 8 years, the internet has had their way with it and it is GLORIOUS

Why should you play it? Why shouldn't you play it? The reasons are manifold!

- Combines all the playable characters from every SoR game! Axel! Blaze! Adam! Max! Zan! Skate!
 - Play through a blend of areas from the three SoR games! The game employs branching paths - you choose your starting point and at various points in the game you can take detours through doors / passageways to different levels.
 - Gameplay additions! All characters can now run and have dash attacks ala SoR2's Skate, and a double tap up / down will trigger an evasive roll. If friendly fire is turned on, players can grapple and perform devastating team moves! Play through vehicular combat levels!
 - Players who manage to stay alive for extended periods "level up" up to three times - every level brings an upgrade to their dash attacks, which are uniformly awesome!
 - Blood?! Blood. Crimson, copper-smelling blood. Blood, blood, blood. Or fire!
 - Call upon assistance! Heavily armed police will perform Golden Axe-style full-screen attacks, but watch out, you can only use them so many times. Guns, pepper spray and grenades are now usable by characters!
 - Diverse enemy sets drawn from all SoR games!
 - Play with a friend locally!
 - Full gamepad support, including X360 controllers!
 - Remixed soundtrack! Some of it's pretty good!
 - Beat the game and use accumulated points to unlock extra characters! A boxing kangaroo! Shiva! Mr. X! Or buy cheats! Infinite lives! Visible Blaze underwear! What's wrong with you!

Seriously, this may be the most impressive homebrew adaptation I've ever seen, and it is absolutely essential for anyone who misses the SoR beat-em-ups. It is massive fun. Get it, love it.

The final version, v5, is out now but Sega has requested it be taken down. However, the forums are still up and there hasn't been any word of a CaD, so it seems pretty likely at this point that Sega is interested in buying out / legitimately distributing the game, as well they should, because it is easily worth $10 or even $20.

I don't know where you can find it but you should play it!
Code: [Select]
http://www.M/F.com/?jllbjf4aap2dgxl
http://www.M/F.com/?i0nbx1vjt0bq2lp
http://www.M/F.com/?6d4e4kfk5nd9qb6
« Last Edit: 11 Apr 2011, 14:13 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

ackblom12

Oh hey, thanks for reminding me this existed. Glad to see they got it done.

I'd love to see this get on Arcade.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Oh, another thing, you have the option of playing with a surprisingly effective CPU 2P. Only thing is that there's a level with pits you have to jump over and the CPU isn't very good at that.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L

They never are :(

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Huh, according to yon Kotaku, Sega has said this:
SEGA is committed to supporting any fans that take an interest in our games, and where possible we do so by involving them in Beta tests and other development, marketing or research opportunities. However we need to protect our intellectual property rights and this may result in us requesting that our fans remove online imagery, videos or games in some instances.

Streisand's in effect! Pick it up and hold on to a copy, just in case.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK
Pages: [1]   Go Up