THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 06:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EA Sports: Fight Night-Champion  (Read 2519 times)

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
EA Sports: Fight Night-Champion
« on: 14 Apr 2011, 10:55 »

EA Sports: Fight Night-Champion   360 version

Okay, so what have we got here...?  Holy shit, it's another Fight Night...  or is it?

I never played Fight Night Round 4, so I probably missed a few things between Round 3 and Champion - but to be honest, I don't feel the need to get 4, because  after playing Champion, I don't want to go back - EVER.

This game actually feels like your boxing (minus getting literally punched in the face - I'm waiting for the day that THAT peripheral comes out).  The fighters really do have a lot of moves that look like real boxers, and while the contact detection is still somewhat a little sketchy - I haven't seen anything better yet. 

The primary distinction with this game from prior iterations, is that there is an actual storyline to play, if you so choose.  Is it going to win any awards for storytelling?  Probably not, but it really is fun to play through the story, and there are some truly intriguing moments.  Some of it is really cheesy, but not most, and there's something to be said for the fact that they actually make you care about your character.  Playing through the story is also something of a tutorial, as they force you to deal with scenarios that you might have to in the Legacy Mode (the usual way to play a Fight Night game - pick or create your boxer, then groom them and lead them through a career).  You have to get through a fight with a broken hand, another time they actually make you use a real boxing strategy - wherein the only way to get through the fight is to listen to your manager, and wait for the other guy to be vulnerable.  All good stuff to me, because it adds real value to a game, and a series that I already liked anyway.

Something else that I like - the online options.  I created my own gym, I uploaded my own face to put on my fighter, and I'm currently learning how to set up a tournament for my gym when I get some members.  You can upload boxers that you've created as well, and they are available for download to other boxers - everyone from Harry Potter to 2pac, and most of the fighting cast of the Rocky movies (oh and some real life boxers that didn't make the licensed version).

To bottom line it, if you like boxing games (not to be read: fighting games), then you'll probably enjoy this.

Oh, my gamertag is blyssblack7 and my gym is named AZ Vipers, if anyone wants to join me.

8-)
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up