Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2463 times)

Layra

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Hello!
« on: 10 Apr 2011, 10:54 »

Well, since this is the "Hi, I'm new" spot and I ought to introduce myself, here it goes. I'm Layra, a soon to graduate student in Computer Science and Engineering. My friend found Questionable Content and said it was a must read for myself. I then proceeded to play "catch up" by reading as many of the strips from start to finish until I had caught up with the latest. Needless to say, it took a long time and I spent many days reading QC instead of working on my homework. Oops. Anyhow, this seems likes a fun place to be and the conversations seem to be cool.

Happy reading (and maybe posting). Hopefully this is the first step to graduate from the "noob" status!

EDIT: I should probably mention that I often troll forums just because I find them interesting. This is the second forum I have ever actually taken the time to join. End EDIT.
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2011, 11:05 by Layra »
"Simple, things should be simple; complex things should be possible." - Alan Kay

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2011, 11:13 »

All students (and soon to be graduate students) of Computer Science and Engineering are welcome here.

Welcome!
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2011, 20:49 »

I should probably mention that I often troll forums just because I find them interesting. This is the second forum I have ever actually taken the time to join.

Reading without posting (or joining, I guess) is called lurking;  trolling is quite different and a bad thing  - just saying so you don't get confused.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Layra

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2011, 10:23 »

Oops! Thanks for the clarification. I'll continue to lurk and avoid trolling.
"Simple, things should be simple; complex things should be possible." - Alan Kay

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2011, 11:33 »

I should have given a link as well, I guess.  You are, of course, welcome to post if you have something you want to say - but read the sticky threads in this sub-forum first, which talk about the rules (there are a couple more in the QC Discussion sub-forum, if you plan to go there).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: [1]   Go Up