THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 20:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh dear. Not another New Poster....  (Read 2672 times)

GypsySpaceMuffin

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Oh dear. Not another New Poster....
« on: 14 Apr 2011, 13:43 »

Hey, all!
    Big webcomics fan, so it's rather a small wonder I haven't shown up on here until now! I'm actually working to become an illustrator and graphic novelist myself someday--although, rest assured, I'll never try to force my scribbles on you lot. I'm kind've utterly self-deprecating regarding my artwork; but, then, I suppose we're all our own worst critics. But hey. If anyone ever wants to chat about Transmet, Fables, the dark brilliance that is Alan Moore, or any other number of awesome comic-related things, hit me up.
    I suppose it's a bit ironic, though, because I'm actually here to skulk my way through the forums in order to expand my knowledge of music more so than for anything else. My boyfriend was pretty much brought up by some of the veteran posters on this forum, and affectionately credits you guys for teaching him everything he knows about ALL THE MUSICS. He told me that this is the best place I could start my own music education. And, after reading a few threads, even the crazed maelstrom that is the Deerhoof debates, I can't say that I disagree.
    So yeah! I'm pretty excited to be here on QC at last, and have lots of questions; although, I'll try not to be too wide-eyed as far as new music-seeking forumites go. Be gentle with me!

Katherine

• The German Chancellory building
Re: Oh dear. Not another New Poster....
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2011, 20:07 »

Welcome to the madhouse! There are a lot of fun, interesting, and very smart people here so enjoy!

GypsySpaceMuffin

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Re: Oh dear. Not another New Poster....
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2011, 14:18 »

Hahaha. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up