• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Mid-week poll!

Couch is going down!
Couch is going up!
-.. .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- .- -. --.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 25-29 Apr 2011 (1911-1915)  (Read 108011 times)

WaffleIron

• Not quite a lurker
Re: WCDT 25-29 Apr 2011 (1911-1915)
« Reply #200 on: 28 Apr 2011, 04:08 »

Psychologists are not Psychiatrists (the former tends to be a researcher, with very small pools of direct patient contact for when they're not working on a specific research subject, not to mention usually a whole hell of a lot more expensive to get appointments with), but even granting that you're going to have to provide a bit more evidence since I've always heard and read that it was an intermediate step in therapy prior to moving on to internalizing those actions and making them require far less conscious effort.
I thought psychiatrists were medically trained physicians and so were able to do things that only doctors are allowed to do like prescribe drugs. And are much more expensive than psychologists. Psychologists tend to focus more on the counselling side of things.

Hmm. I interpreted the dialogue saying that they just got all of Dora's stuff out of Sven's place. Apparently there's a loaded truck/van/uhaul-trailer/whatever just next to them. After all, if this isn't Sven's place, why would Tai have gone in to pick up anything?!! Conclusion: This isn't Amherst.
Tai grabs the kitty out of the truck. In panel 3 she is stepping into the truck which is mostly empty

I happened to see as Jeph was drawing it; the crossed out word is DILDOS.  I took it to be a modified reference to the "Party Favors" box here.
Hmmm...well that wasn't really much fun. Next question: what's inside now?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #201 on: 28 Apr 2011, 04:14 »

Next question: what's inside now?

An intermediate version of the drawing had NOT DILDOS! underneath the crossed-out DILDOS, but he decided against that version.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

TheEvilDog

« Reply #202 on: 28 Apr 2011, 04:57 »

Hmm. I interpreted the dialogue saying that they just got all of Dora's stuff out of Sven's place. Apparently there's a loaded truck/van/uhaul-trailer/whatever just next to them. After all, if this isn't Sven's place, why would Tai have gone in to pick up anything?!! Conclusion: This isn't Amherst.

Well. If we accept that bit, then the couch was on its way out in the previous strip, leaving us with a minor logical gap?? Wait! I got it. The sofa was at Sven's basement, and they were hauling it up the stairs to the ground floor.

Except for one thing, why would Tai hop into a near empty moving truck and bring out that cat-doll-thingy, if they weren't at Dora's new place in Amherst?

mike837go

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Warning: Does NOT Play Well With Others
« Reply #203 on: 28 Apr 2011, 04:58 »

Is this living room like that? Or the Enterprise? Or The Doctor's time-space-traveling phone booth? You want to apply logic, but there are all these little talking robots running around. Things ain't normal.

Soundstage sets have the rooms more open. The side walls are usually set at 100-135 degrees (rather than 90) from the back wall. Then there's that missing fourth wall that we kinda need in the real world......

Remember all rooms/cars/ships/planes are just big enough to fit the plot. Being trans-dimensionally unstable, the T.A.R.D.I.S. is a perfect example. (GOM alert: Jon Pertwee was the best Doctor.)

Re: Todays' comic when did Tai get some serious shape?
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2011, 05:09 by mike837go »
Thought for the day: At the grenade launcher range, do not yell “M-203, I choose you!”
                                                                                        -Skippy's List

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #204 on: 28 Apr 2011, 05:09 »

Is this living room like that? Or the Enterprise? Or The Doctor's time-space-traveling phone booth? You want to apply logic, but there are all these little talking robots running around. Things ain't normal.

That reminds me of something...

Quote from: Doctor Who
The Doctor: Look around you. Examine everything. Look for all the details that don't ring true.
Rory: Okay, well we're in a spaceship that's bigger on the inside than the outside.
Amy: With a bowtie-wearing idiot.
Rory: So maybe "what rings true" isn't so simple.
The Doctor: Valid point.

Also, my lazy habit of not reading the comic title until well after I've read the comic paid off today.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

mike837go

« Reply #205 on: 28 Apr 2011, 05:17 »

I just read the title of today's comic AFTER being in the forum for a while. :psyduck:

The shippers may be right. The Dora-Tia may leave dry dock yet....
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2011, 05:21 by mike837go »
Thought for the day: At the grenade launcher range, do not yell “M-203, I choose you!”
                                                                                        -Skippy's List

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #206 on: 28 Apr 2011, 05:43 »

Well. If we accept that bit, then the couch was on its way out in the previous strip, leaving us with a minor logical gap?? Wait! I got it. The sofa was at Sven's basement, and they were hauling it up the stairs to the ground floor.

Except for one thing, why would Tai hop into a near empty moving truck and bring out that cat-doll-thingy, if they weren't at Dora's new place in Amherst?

That cat-doll-thingy is Dora's cat Melville or whoever its name is spelt.... I'm pretty certain in a previous comic he caused a "Awwwwwwww" type reaction from Tai...

Dora's cat was an actual living cat with black fur (and an on-again-off-again creep-out war with Hannelore), so no, that wasn't Dora's cat that Tai picked up.

mike837go

« Reply #207 on: 28 Apr 2011, 05:52 »

That cat-doll-thingy is Dora's cat Melville or whoever its name is spelt.... I'm pretty certain in a previous comic he caused a "Awwwwwwww" type reaction from Tai...

The doll is NOT Meiville. Dora's cat is a black, living, stoner, creature that may be a daemon. [Damn, I can't find a strip with him in the archives]

Grrrrr. Ninja'd
                                                                                        -Skippy's List

Antario

• Larger than most fish
  • Evil eye is watching you
« Reply #208 on: 28 Apr 2011, 05:56 »

the white cat is a bonercat doll i think

John_Knee

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #209 on: 28 Apr 2011, 06:05 »

Anyway, this is silly:

Statistically, a person is more likely to be hetrosexual rather than homosexuality. Are you implying that because homosexuality is not the most common type of sexuality that people who are gay are abnormal and acting wrongly?

Two points:

1) You're starting from a flawed premise, because human sexuality is not a binary position and actually exists on a sliding scale (going from Heterosexual -> Bisexual -> Homosexual; with most people being somewhere between the three points and there being very few hardline heterosexual or homosexual people, not to mention the phenomena of people who are sexuality-phobes usually turning out to be in denial about their own sexuality--the vast majority of people are actually some degree of bisexual with Hetero/Homosexuals being the outliers).

2) Are you being deliberately obtuse and equating beliefs about human sexuality with racist beliefs?

1) If you are asked what your sexuality is, do you declare yourself to be straight/bi/gay (delete as applicable) or do you declare yourself to be 90% straight with 10% homosexual tendancies? Although it is recognised there are various levels of 'sexuality' on a sliding scale, in the real world most people don't bother try to quantify it to the nearest decimal point on a "How gay are you?" chart. People tend to use one of the three common terms, although bisexuals might add they tend to lean towards a certain gender a little more than the other.

2) I only brought up the example as a slightly more extreme example towards your argument that just because a behaviour was common that it was in some way incorrect or wrong. I never even brought up the issue of racism.

People giving themselves a verbal peptalk is common enough that other people don't immediately assume they are suffering from schizofenia (spelling?) and locked up under the mental health act for doing so. Since the idea of people giving themsleves a verbial peptalk is something that psychologists sometimes advise their patients to do, we'll assume that in their professional expert opinion is that talking to oneself can be an acceptably correct and normal behaviour.

Psychologists are not Psychiatrists (the former tends to be a researcher, with very small pools of direct patient contact for when they're not working on a specific research subject, not to mention usually a whole hell of a lot more expensive to get appointments with), but even granting that you're going to have to provide a bit more evidence since I've always heard and read that it was an intermediate step in therapy prior to moving on to internalizing those actions and making them require far less conscious effort.

Psychologist, psychiatrist, psychopaths or whatever. I believe you knew exactly who I was referring to in my argument and you seem to be spending too much time being pedantic over a typo.

The fact is that people do verbially give themselves a peptalk when facing either a difficult or awkward challenge without anyone thinking they are crazy for a given definition of crazy...

In terms of your extreme example, since I am not american and therefore not fully knowledgable on the finer points of the American Civil War then I cannot answer the question. I am assuming on the basis of the tone of the question that the answer you seek is "yes".

Given the presence of the word "not" in the question I asked, you may want to re-read the post you quoted and think about it a bit. The way I worded the question doesn't exactly allow for a simple "Yes or No" response without a follow-up explanation.

Since you started the question with "Should" then the form typically would suggest a yes or no answer, although usually the person answering the question adds an explaination as to why they think that in order to get all the marks on offer. Being pedantic, you never actually requested an explaination - and certainly you should have guessed I wasn't going to giving one having indicated in the previous sentence that I didn't have any background knowledge of the subject. And writing from a non-American perspective, any question that contains "Should Americans............... be derided for their stupidity?" in it has the default answer yes. Although to folllow that answer up, that can extend to people from other countries as well.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #210 on: 28 Apr 2011, 06:05 »

I had to look through older comics to make sure that wasn't a new tattoo on Tai. She usually wears long sleeves. I like that Dora and Sven are sweating from lifting the couch but Faye is fine. She must have given up on helping with the couch.

I meant to say this yesterday but didn't get a chance to post but Dora's "KILL YOU BOTH" face genuinely made me feel uneasy.

mike837go

« Reply #211 on: 28 Apr 2011, 06:12 »

I meant to say this yesterday but didn't get a chance to post but Dora's "KILL YOU BOTH" face genuinely made me feel uneasy.

That is PROOF that Jeph's skills as an artist are excelent!
                                                                                        -Skippy's List

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #212 on: 28 Apr 2011, 06:33 »

I like that Dora and Sven are sweating from lifting the couch but Faye is fine.

Southern Ladies do not sweat, and Faye is a Southern Lady.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

mike837go

« Reply #213 on: 28 Apr 2011, 06:47 »

I like that Dora and Sven are sweating from lifting the couch but Faye is fine.
Southern Ladies do not sweat, and Faye is a Southern Lady.

Try again! Faye got there just in time to help with only one. Count 'em 1. Heavy piece.

And Tai really pitched in too!  :wink:
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2011, 06:52 by mike837go »
                                                                                        -Skippy's List

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #214 on: 28 Apr 2011, 07:24 »

Rats. I didn't really look at that panel. For some reason I thought that Tai had went into a hallway now nearly empty of Dora's stuff, and picked up the last remaining thing (while Faye & Dora were waiting outdoors). An inspection (doesn't need to be a careful one) reveals that she really went inside that truck. My bad.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #215 on: 28 Apr 2011, 07:48 »

Southern Ladies do not sweat,

"Horses sweat, gentlemen perspire, but ladies only glow."
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

mike837go

« Reply #216 on: 28 Apr 2011, 08:30 »

Southern Ladies do not sweat,
"Horses sweat, gentlemen perspire, but ladies only glow."

OMG you're from planet 1850's!

p.s. nice pic of Meiville
                                                                                        -Skippy's List

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #217 on: 28 Apr 2011, 08:47 »

Maybe the only decent bubble tea shop is in Amherst (because that is definitely what Tai is drinking there). And Dora said it's only 20 minutes away; maybe she's got a friend in Amherst or something. It's not that crazy.

Also, Tai's got a nicer behind than we've been led to believe  :evil:
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2011, 08:49 by iduguphergrave »
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #218 on: 28 Apr 2011, 08:54 »

OMG you're from planet 1850's!

Well, I did  know my great granny who was  alive in 1850!

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #219 on: 28 Apr 2011, 09:38 »

SMIF is the name of the local college Tai goes to/lives and where Martin works in the library with Tai.
Located in the town of Norfhampton.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DJRubberducky

• Plantmonster
  • The Flash liked me better when I made poopy noises
« Reply #220 on: 28 Apr 2011, 10:33 »

Simple nervousness doesn't usually result in talking to yourself out loud (panels 1-4) as you try to psyche yourself up to do something (as opposed to, say, thought bubbles).

Sounds like fairly common outward processor behaviour to me. It's not unreasonable for someone to vocalise something out loud to prevent that sounded better in my head moments. I understand that hearing it out loud helps reduce fear as someone psyches themselves up.

But then you're leaving "simple nervousness" territory and entering "abject fear/terror".

Just because you've never had to rubberduck-debug something doesn't mean it's not a valid process.

MightionNY

• Plantmonster
  • Protectobots, combine!
« Reply #221 on: 28 Apr 2011, 10:52 »

Tai's shirt is all the proof I need to think she's semi-stalking Dora.

When she arrives, the hem is at the level of her crotch.  In the panel where she's walking into the truck, it's high enough to show her "coin slot", which would have involved it moving up 2-3 inches or so.  Only way I can see that happening is if Tai pulled up her shirt herself.

So, I still think she is stalking Dora, even if Dora's new apartment was around the corner from the college.  :-D
"Dance like it hurts.  Love like you need money.  Work when people are watching." -Dogbert

SirDudley

• Hope's Bright (Night)Light
« Reply #222 on: 28 Apr 2011, 11:03 »

If anything, the fact that the Bianchi siblings are sweating so much shows how much help Faye contributed to moving the couch. Then again, I'm from NYC, so I have no idea how Southern women operate and/or if there is a difference between regions.

Am I the only thinking Sven is off-panel facepalming at the end?
Disclaimer: Avatar image does not reflect user's true identity.

mike837go

« Reply #223 on: 28 Apr 2011, 11:05 »

Just because you've never had to rubberduck-debug something doesn't mean it's not a valid process.

I've debuged computer code, electronic circuts and mechanical systems. And, yes, talking to myself is often part of the process.

Please explain the "rubberduck-" part?

Thanks.

Am I the only thinking Sven is off-panel facepalming at the end?
Didn't think of it, but it definitly makes sense!
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2011, 11:07 by mike837go »
                                                                                        -Skippy's List

guayec

• Plantmonster
    • the underman forever
« Reply #224 on: 28 Apr 2011, 12:40 »

oh...and somebody explain this shirt to me, im not familiar with the reference
The main character of Neon Genesis Evangelion is a whiny, spineless teenager with daddy issues named Shinji. His internal conflict tends to get in the way of him piloting his giant robot and saving the world. The T-shirt is in reference to the mass of frustration fans and non-fans alike have experienced in watching the show and having to put up with his shit while a much more interesting conflict around him unfolds.

Was a whiny, spineless etc.
Was.
Please everybody watch Evangelion 2.0 You Can Not Advance

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #225 on: 28 Apr 2011, 13:12 »

Still waiting for the UK release of 2.22...

(Curiously, I actually already have a copy of it dubbed in Italian, but that's not really a lot of use to me!  If anyone wants it...)

TheEvilDog

« Reply #226 on: 28 Apr 2011, 13:14 »

And don't forget, last time Dora moved, she wasn't involved and felt left out, so it's partly "get into the social circle" as well as "get in with Dora".

I don't think it even is about getting an "in" with the social circle. We rarely see Tai making any sort of interaction with the likes of Faye (I can only think of the lap incident off the top of my head), Penelope or any of Marten's other friends. Even Hanners has been explicably marked as off limits, several times in fact, while Tai just eyed Marigold as another potential notch on the bedpost (before being brutally shot down, albeit unknownly by Marigold). The only person we've seen Tai ever actually pay any attention to besides Marten has been Dora.

WaffleIron

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #227 on: 28 Apr 2011, 15:37 »

Tai's shirt is all the proof I need to think she's semi-stalking Dora.

When she arrives, the hem is at the level of her crotch.  In the panel where she's walking into the truck, it's high enough to show her "coin slot", which would have involved it moving up 2-3 inches or so.  Only way I can see that happening is if Tai pulled up her shirt herself.

So, I still think she is stalking Dora, even if Dora's new apartment was around the corner from the college.  :-D
If you look hard enough for evidence you will find it.

Tai's shirt lifted because she's stepping up into the truck. The artwork may be a little off, but I'm sure that was the intention.

I don't think Tai is clued in or thinks ahead enough to know that Dora was moving, find out when and where, and then have a 'surprise' encounter

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #228 on: 28 Apr 2011, 20:16 »

Am I the only one who noticed the top of Tai's asscrack? (too lazy to check the other responses)
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #229 on: 28 Apr 2011, 20:24 »

Nope.  The title of the comic made sure we noticed.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #230 on: 28 Apr 2011, 21:23 »

Ah.  I practically never read the comic titles.  Yay me for figuring it out on my own :-D
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #231 on: 28 Apr 2011, 21:26 »

I just read the title of today's comic AFTER being in the forum for a while. :psyduck:

The shippers may be right. The Dora-Tia may leave dry dock yet....

No no no, the title (as has just been referenced) is about Tai's "other cleavage" peeking out in panel 3. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

azurefirem

• Plantmonster
  • a mysterious irrelephant
« Reply #232 on: 28 Apr 2011, 22:34 »

Dear Tai:
Nice ass.
<3, me.
Quote from: KickThatBathProf
Fun Fact:  You can shower and brush your teeth simultaneously

oh my god can i touch you???

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #233 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:14 »

Wow. Tai really is built like a boy. Except, you know, that whole boobs and a vagina thing.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

CompSarge

• Furry furrier
  • I put the "sexy" in "dyslexic"
    • Sarge's Art and Story Blog
« Reply #234 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:14 »

Goddamn cat!  :mrgreen:

Looks like Tai's crush on Dora is coming to a head...this could end badly.  :psyduck:

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #235 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:17 »

:-o

Why can't that moth have flown the other way?

Why teh Hell is Dora disrobing in front of Tai and Faye anyway?
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #236 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:19 »

Quote from: Jeph
If it were up to Tai, all ladies would be naked at all times.
I was gonna cross out Tai and put everyone, but then I remember "all ladies" includes my immediate family. (shudders)

And Faye, come on, Tai is just helping you out.  Remember?  YOU'RE SO WARM!

And Akron, she still had her bra on, and was in her own place, she probably doesn't see that as that big a deal (no more revealing than a bathing suit, really).

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Boomslang

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #237 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:20 »

While I can understand why Tai doesn't bother to wear a bra...

Is she really totally comfortable doing so with Sven around?

Also, briefly, do we know whether Sven is aware of Tai and her orientation? I don't imagine it gets brought up much.
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

ZERO

• Plantmonster
« Reply #238 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:21 »

Dear God, Tai.

CEOIII

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #239 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:21 »

Just the girls in there, akronick. I don't think she expected Tai to start a stripping party.

Tai has an elbow tat?
Between HannErsatz and PseuDora, I crown you the king of doppelganger names.
ALL HAIL THE KING OF DOPPLEGANGER NAMES!
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.

CompSarge

• Furry furrier
« Reply #240 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:22 »

Why teh Hell is Dora disrobing in front of Tai and Faye anyway?

Probably because she's a) used to female company and b) isn't exactly what you'd call inhibited

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #241 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:23 »

Sven was gone at that point, Boomstick.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

CompSarge

• Furry furrier
« Reply #242 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:24 »

Also, just read the newspost on that comic I linked to...needless to say, Jeph's comic today proved it was wrong, ha!

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #243 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:28 »

1) Tai seems a TAD creepy in this comic, just saying.

2) I am somehow imagining in Mievilles thought process "Emergency boob cover, initiate!"

Yes, I am a very odd person.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

Napoleon_Blownapart

• Plantmonster
« Reply #244 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:36 »

It looks like Tai is no longer the ordinary human being who wanted a serious relationship because she was sick of casual sex. Jeph has finally devolved her into the stereotypical horny lesbian imagined by all the guys in the world who still can't get over the idea of two girls doing it. WHAT A SURPRISE  :psyduck:

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #245 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:39 »

Hmm I am apparently the only one who thought Tai was really funny today.

While I can understand why Tai doesn't bother to wear a bra...

Is she really totally comfortable doing so with Sven around?
Hu ? Sven has never showed the slightest interest in Tai. And why should he ? For all we know, Sven could have an army of blonde busty babes if he wanted to.
Carpe Diem

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #246 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:43 »

It looks like Tai is no longer the ordinary human being who wanted a serious relationship because she was sick of casual sex. Jeph has finally devolved her into the stereotypical horny lesbian imagined by all the guys in the world who still can't get over the idea of two girls doing it. WHAT A SURPRISE  :psyduck:

I think rather that Tai is falling back into some old habits from the Smif dorms.  She may not really know how to woo someone other than a "direct approach"!

-----------------------------

You know, for a comic titled "Questionable Content", Jeph's never really had much more than implied sex and conveniently censored nudity. 

No, I'm not  complaining.  It's just an observation! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

LoveJaneAusten

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #247 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:44 »

I was also disappointed to see her treated as essentially a walking stereotype.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #248 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:48 »

And Tai's own particular and peculiar brand of Social Awkwardness (TM) rears it's head.

Look!

It's a Bird! It's a Plane!

NO!!  It's SuperMeiville!!!!
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Kazukagii

• Furry furrier
  • I seem to be lost
« Reply #249 on: 28 Apr 2011, 23:50 »

Rather than throw fuel into the "Is Tai a sterotype of female homosexuality?" fire, I'll simply ask: was I was the only one that heard the Metal Gear "spotted by a guard" sound go off in my head at the exclamation point in panel 2?

I hope not.
I had something witty to put down here but.....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up