THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 13:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 New Resident Evil Games  (Read 4513 times)

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
3 New Resident Evil Games
« on: 05 May 2011, 10:43 »

Yeah, Capcom has gotten ambitious.

Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D - basically it's the Mercs mini game from RE4 and RE5 - but for the 3DS

Resident Evil: Revelations - What is being called the sequel to RE5 (I'm not sure why that wouldn't be RE6, or why you'd limit it to the 3DS but...) and is on the 3DS as well

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Team shooter - you get to be an Umbrella Agent, in Raccoon City at the time of the initial infection

Honestly, the only one that I might play is Operation Raccoon City, because it seems like a cool concept to me.  I kinda' always wanted to be one of the bad guys in the Resident Evil Universe, and the fact that they placed this in Raccoon City is just nostalgic for me.  The other two games, I will probably never play, because I'm not going out and getting a 3DS, just for that.  And since I won't be buying a 3DS for anything else... 

Anyway - yeah, 3 new Resident Evil games coming down the pike from Capcom.

http://www.residentevil.com/
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
Re: 3 New Resident Evil Games
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2011, 05:12 »

Operation Raccoon City just looks like Left 4 Dead with shit character design.

They also seem to ignore the fact that Leon was an unknown quantity at that point, so having a team specifically sent out to kill him makes no sense at all.

No thanks.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2011, 13:07 »

Uhm - Leon was in Raccoon City.  He was a rookie cop on his first day, but he was there.  As for the team going specifically after him, from what I saw they just saw a cop, and were going after him.  At least, that's what it looked to me.  :)
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2011, 13:20 »

Capcom doesn't really give a fuck about retcons
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2011, 03:33 »

Uhm - Leon was in Raccoon City.  He was a rookie cop on his first day, but he was there.  As for the team going specifically after him, from what I saw they just saw a cop, and were going after him.  At least, that's what it looked to me.  :)

Exactly. He was a rookie cop. He was virtually an unknown quantity during the Raccoon City incident, and now apparently there's a squad sent out to hunt him down and stuff.

Capcom has at least tried to have some consistency with their sequels and prequels, but this pretty much looks like some what-if arcade shooter. meh.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDe_-KlZpBA Skip to 1:00 for proper reaction to trailer

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2011, 13:04 »

My blog

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #6 on: 04 Jun 2011, 10:10 »

Exactly. He was a rookie cop. He was virtually an unknown quantity during the Raccoon City incident, and now apparently there's a squad sent out to hunt him down and stuff.

Capcom has at least tried to have some consistency with their sequels and prequels, but this pretty much looks like some what-if arcade shooter. meh.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDe_-KlZpBA Skip to 1:00 for proper reaction to trailer

Apparently this game is all just non canon fanservice.  Not that this surprises me so much, but I am disappointed.

:|

My blog

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #7 on: 04 Jun 2011, 18:20 »

I am simultaneously disappointed, relieved and unsurprised, as honestly I would have preferred they do a proper remake of RE2 rather than some fantasy L4D shooter set in Raccoon City.

But I guess we'll be able to enjoy it for what it's worth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up