THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 03:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making ends meet  (Read 15459 times)

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
Re: Making ends meet
« Reply #100 on: 20 Apr 2011, 13:34 »

take back the means of production from the capitalist oppressors?
also israel

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #101 on: 21 Apr 2011, 01:57 »

That sounds like wayyyy too much work when you have got a newborn baby.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->
« Reply #102 on: 21 Apr 2011, 02:57 »

Not to mention the current high dependancy of the masses on the capitalist oppressors to manage the means of production.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #103 on: 22 Apr 2011, 11:13 »

For an exciting look on interesting things in exciting places, watch The Take!

cosigning this! but it's not really about being a new mom, is it
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Elysiana

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Make me Fibonacci
« Reply #104 on: 20 May 2011, 06:07 »

Hello thread, it's been a month. So I just found out, once again from Facebook, that the other half of our roommate pair got a transfer and starts in NC on June 1. He's at a conference this week so we haven't heard anything from him in a few days. The wife, who is already in NC and started her new job, posted yesterday on FB that she was going apartment hunting, and then later that day said "I have a surprise!" and was cryptic in all the responses. It finally came out in the apartment-hunting thread that he got the transfer for June 1.

I'm pretty much seething right now. They knew it pissed us off the first time, and now they're being covert about it again.

My question is, what do Ryan and I do now about this situation? Do I confront them and let them know we'll be looking for roommates and that if we find one they need to be sure they have their shit out of our house ASAP? Do we try to give it a month so that we have the whole house to ourselves when the baby comes? Ryan suggested that if we find someone willing to babysit in lieu of paying rent, we could get rid of the $450 a month fee of daycare, but I'm not sure we know anyone who can do that, and Craigslist (and other online agencies) makes me nervous, especially with a baby involved.

Bleh. Halp!

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->
« Reply #105 on: 20 May 2011, 11:28 »

It may seem counter economical but if you can genuinely afford it, I'd suggest taking that month as a breather while the sprog pops out. Stress is a massive motivator for poor financial choices so having some space to relax and breath and think and prepare.

Warning, having a brand new baby in the house will mean that you wil attract the less picky prospective tenants. Be careful about how you go about advertising. It may be worth advertising now for an availability in a months time. That way you're more likely to get someone with it enough to make a planned move and thus be more reliable as a tenant.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up